Chapter Thirty Four

TW VIOLENCE/ MENTIONS OF BLOOD

"Wake up!" A voice spat. Korra jolted awake looking up. She looked to see Zaheer opened the door. She gets up and lifts her wrist as he placed the cuffs on it. "What happened sir?" Hasook asked Zaheer. "We ran out of gas so we have to stop here." He says flatly. Hasook nodded getting out.

"Well this is a perfect place to make a stop." Viper says looking around. "The woods?" Korra asked. She earned a smack to the face for not addressing him correctly by Zaheer. "Yeah, we were going to camp out at a abandoned house at the edge of the city but guess we have to deal with the woods." He shrugged. "Well it's night fall. Let's get ready and set up for the night. Zaheer, make sure nobody is around." Unalaq says. He nods and leaves.

"Hasook. You and Korra make the tents. Don't fuck up the tent this time or I'll break you arm." Viper warns. Hasook nods, remembering the time he messed up the tent and when it down poured it collapsed on top of Viper. They grab the stuff and get working. Hasook watched Korra as she struggles to hit the nail. "You need help?" He asked. "He always puts these cuffs so fucking right, I can't even move." She says, frustration laced in her voice. "Here I got it."

He says taking the hammer. She looks around. Taking in the night sky through the trees. The fire providing a glow. "Okay done. Phew." He says wiping the sweat. He swings the hammer back and it gets caught into Korra's shirt. "Hey ow!" She says pulling back. "Oh sorry!" He says. As he pulls it tears. "You're going to make a hole in it." She says. "Just stay still." He says. There was a final tear before he got it untangled.

"Sorry this piece was flapping since it ripped so there's a hole on the side." He says sheepishly. She rolls her eyes. "It's whatever." She shrugs. Unalaq and Zaheer comes back. They both enter the one tent not speaking a word. Viper comes around sitting on a log. "Here, I'm assuming your hungry." He says tossing them a bag of chips and a sandwich. "Thank you." Korra says. He nods staring at the fire.

One thing Korra picked up on while being around Viper. Sure he was a thug that would kill you and laugh about it and is super hard core but at the same time he really isn't so bad. Though he doesn't treat people the best to some he shows he cares, in his way. Like giving them food or talking to them. Sometimes slipping her money. Letting Hasook stay around her. Sometimes has even convinced Unalaq to not beat her so horribly.

It was the same with Hasook. For everyone who works for him, you can tell he treats Hasook differently. Makes sense since he basically raised the kid. He tosses something on Hasooks face that makes him loose his balance and fall off the log. "There's your sleeping bags. Rest up, more than likely there is a fight tomorrow." He says getting up and going in the tent.

Korra looks down at the fallen Hasook. "You good?" She asked. "Juwt purfwt." He says mumbles under the sleeping bags. Korra puts the late bite of the sandwich in her mouth before getting them off him and placing them down. They both laid out in the open, laying next to each other. They both stared at the stars.

"Hey K." "Yeah?" "When you escape this life, bring me to a field." He says. Korra dryly laughs. "Yeah I'm not leaving this life anytime soon. It's more complicated than you think H. This is my life." She says. He turns to look at her. "I don't think so. This is my life not yours. Yeah your a great fighter, even beat my ass before, but there's more out there for you." He turns back to the sky.

"You know I wonder what it was like to go to school." "You'd probably get kicked out of class all the time." They both chuckle. "Yeah probably. But it would be the experience. Make friends, learn, play sports. I was always a huge baseball fan. My favorite team though is the kyoshi Warriors." "That's softball dumbass." "Yeah I know but they are bad ass. Especially the legendary Suki. She was amazing. I would want to get her autograph. Why do you think I have the number 15 tattooed on my wrist."