Chapter Thirty Five

TW VIOLENCE AND DEATH

Unalaq eventually caught up to Zaheer and saw him standing over a slope. "Why the hell are you just standing there?" He spat. Zaheer turned to him and looked back over. "She rolled right off the cliff." He says pointing. Unalaq looks and eyes widened. Down that slope was a cliff side. "Damn it. There's no way she survived that fall?" He asked. Zaheer shook his head. "It plunges straight down." He says.

Unalaq grit his teeth and punches the tree. "FUCK! What are we supposed to do now!" He yells. "We could use that Hasook kid." Zaheer says. "NO WE CANT! He's about to meet Korra very soon. He helped her escape, so I stabbed him." Zaheer eyes widened. "You stabbed Viper's leading kid? His most prized fighter? Why would you do that?! Viper is going to have us killed!" Zaheer yells. Unalaq was taken back by his outburst.

"We need to run. We need to dissppear so he won't find us." Unalaq says pacing in a circle. Zaheer rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Besides us having a warrant for the Republic City Police and everywhere else you now just killed one of Vipers fighter. Viper who is a respected thug that has connections to many other gangs. NO WHERE IS SAFE!" Zaheer yells. "We need to go. We need to run. It doesn't matter. Let's go!" Unalaq yells. Zaheer follows him running into the woods.

— —

Lin was sitting at her desk filling out paper work. "I swear if one more kid spray paints a dick on the bridge I'm going to tase then." She says frustrated. A knock on her door made her perk her head up. "Come in." She grumbles. The door opens showing a officer. "Sorry to disturb you chief, but we have a frantic man in the room and we need help calming him down." He says.

Lin let's out a irritated sigh pushing away from her desk getting up. "Damned people." She mumbles. She walks out to see two officers and a panicked man. Two officers were trying to call him down. "Hey, I got this." Lin says. The officers nods stepping aside. "Chief Beifong please you have to help!" The guys says frantically.

"Hey woah! We will help you. I need you to calm down and tell me what's going on." She says. The man nods takes a deep breath. From the looks of his bright yellow outfit and shoes he must be a runner. "You calm?" She asked. The man nodded. "Okay, now can you tell me what happened." She says.

"I was doing my usual morning runs in the woods, since I live near the outskirts of Republic City. As I was running I heard someone else running. I looks and saw another girl running and she had chains on her wrists. I knew something was wrong. I tried to call and stop her but she ran faster. I couldn't catch up to her. However when she ran a piece of her shirt was torn on a branch. I hope that if you had dogs they could sniff her out. She looked terrified please help her." He begs.

"Alright, Gong, please bring this gentlemen into the interrogation room." She calls out. She turns to the man. "Alright we will get this right away. This officer is going to lead you to a room and ask for the story and questions alright." She says. He nods and hands her the piece of torn cloth before walking with the officer.

"Alright search and K9 units dispatch. We are going to the woods on the outskirts of the city. Follow my lead."

She says into the radio quickly walking into her office. She grabs her head and quickly walks out. "Let's move!" She yells at the officers following her. She quickly enters her car and turns the sirens on as she surges towards the woods.

— —

"May I quickly call my wife? Just to let her know why I'm not home by now so she didn't get worried?" The man asked. The officer nodded. "Of course. I have to grab the papers. Would you like a glass of water?" He asked. "Yes please thank you."