Chapter Twenty Seven

Korra didn't realize she fell asleep until she woke up with Asami in her arms. She smiles at the girl. Sleeping so peacefully. Half her face squished against Korra with her lips parted a bit, even when sleeping she kept a tight grip on Korra. As much as Korra likes the girl, the grip was something she definitely has to get used to, due to the fact most of the time her body is laying on a bruise or cut.

Korra then remembers about her eye. She prys herself from Asami's grip and walks over to the bathroom. She looks in the mirror to see some of the makeup rubbed off and you could see her eye. "Shit, she's gonna see it. I can't just leave either. Shit shit shit." Korra panicked. She also had to replace the bandaids on her cheek and eyebrow. She contemplated just hiding in the bathroom all day or saying she was busy.

She was still up pretty early. It was maybe five in the morning. She didn't know, what she did know was that she needed to do something. She was stared at the sink thinking about what to do when she heard a yawn behind her.

"Good morning." Asami says sleepily yet happily. Korra kept her head down facing her back towards Asami. "Good morning, why up so early?" She asked. Asami giggles which made all the nervousness in Korra's system wash away for a second. "I have school today." She says.

'Well I'm a dumbass.'

She felt Asami wrap her arms around her and hug her from behind. Korra stiffened a bit. "Hey everything alright?" Asami asked. "Um yeah everything is fine." "Okay well is it alright with you if I brush my teeth, you seem pretty attached to my sink, might start getting jealous." She teases. "I mean you don't have to ask it's your sink." Korra says nervously.

'Okay if I just not obviously hide my face from Asami she won't know.'

She moves past keeping her head down. Asami noticed quickly and stopped her from turning around. "Korra what's going on?" She asked.

'Fuck fuck fuck, abort mission, code red, something I don't know what to do.'

"Nothing why you ask?" "Then look me in my eyes when you say that."

'Why the fuck is that sexy but scary at the same time. Korra this is not a time for that, your cover is about to be blown.'

"I uh got something in my eye so I'm trying to get it out." It was quite for a minute. Until she saw Asami move downwards. She quickly covers her face. Asami grabs Korra's wrist gently. "Korra, I'm going to ask you again, what's going on?" It was stern, like a parent, but gentle at the same time. Korra didn't answer. She just sighed and let Asami pull apart her hands. When she heard Asami gasp she knew she saw it.

"Korra what happened. Did I do that in my sleep? Wait I'm so sorry I move but I didn't think that much.." Korra just laughed at how Asami was rambling. She thought it was cute thinking it was her. "No no no, it wasn't you, stop thinking like that." Korra reassures. Asami moves her hands to Korra's hood and pulls it down. She examines it.

"Korra, is that makeup? Did you cover this up?" She asked. Korra gulped and nodded. "I didn't want you to worry or see it so yeah I had someone do it. I'm sorry if your mad I-" Asami gently tangles her hands with Korra. "I'm not mad Korra. I'm a bit upset you hid it from me but I'm not mad. I mean I am worried as to why it happened but I'm not mad." She says gently. Korra nodded her head.

Asami separates from Korra and goes to brush her teeth. "So can you tell me what happened?" She asked. "Oh, I was rough housing with my cousin and he hit me hard." She lies. Asami sighs. Korra sat in the bathroom while Asami brushed her teeth and did her facial cleanser stuff. "Why do you put five different lotions on your face?" Korra asked. "To make it soft and smooth. Come here, I want to put some ointment on your eye to help it heal." She says.