Chapter Fourteen

After Asami's birthday Korra, of course, talked to the group through the group chat letting them know she was okay and had a "family emergency."

"How long are you going to keep using the family emergency excuse. Your gramma can't fall down the stairs every single time." Wan says opening a water bottle. "Well this time it was my cousin went to the hospital." Korra says looking at her phone. "Did one of them actually?" "Yeah actually. Desna got bit by a dog." She shrugs.

"Holy shit. Is he alright how did that happen?" "Well the dog wanted to get pet and attention and my cousin wasn't having that so he kicked the dog. It got mad and went back and bit him. Instant karma." Wan nods. "Alright I'm on the dogs side for this one." He sits next to Korra and lights a joint.

"So how is catching up with school work?" He asked. "Well my friends filled me in on the basics of what did in classes. Some things I can't do but some I can do that's exactly what I'm doing. I should be able to catch up soon. I'm not sure." Korra yawns as she looks through her school work.

"Korra your exhausted. You're wearing your body out. How about you sleep?" "I can't I need to get this stuff done. And yeah I know but I have a lot on my plate , sleeping just isn't something I can squeeze in all the time." Wan sighs. "You shouldn't have to go through that. Or think like that. Why don't you just go to the police. If you tell them about how he's dangerous they will keep a close eye on you."

Korra stops what she's doing and turns to him. "You don't get it Wan. I can't. You don't understand how involved Unalaq is with gangs and all that bullshit. Police won't save me. They can protect me all they want but the second they don't I'm dead. Unalaq will make sure of it. I'm too deep in this now. It's best that I just go along with it. I graduate school like my parents wanted and try to go into college or a trades school. Continue this fighting shit. Continue with boxing lessons from Toph. I just have to continue doing what I'm doing."

"Korra you'll die before those people have a chance to with the way your body is going. Lack of sleep, barely eating, getting bruised up all the time, your pushing your body too far. It can only do so much without them it will shut down. I'm worried about you." Korra sighs. "I know. But I'll be fine. Promise." Wan passes her the joint. "You're definitely going to need this." He says looking at all her paperwork. "Oh yeah. Definitely."

— —

"It's been about a week you're all caught up?" The nurse asked Korra as she tended to her bloody nose. "Yes I am. Caught up and staying on track." "Good keep it that way. Also the blood isn't just coming from your nose, you have a cut on top. You're such a klutz." Korra chuckles. "Yeah. Busted my ass even before school started. I'm glad you're here so early." "That would have been a sight to see. You completely eating dirt."

"Wow Kya, way to be nice." Kya flicks Korra's forehead. "It's Miss. Cheokyi in school. And of course I'm nice, I always have been. You have been a klutz since you came out of the womb. I don't think there was a week where I didn't have to go to your house and fix you up." "Yeah yeah I know. Anyways good to go?" "Yes, just be careful alright. Korrabear." Kya teases ruffling Korra's hair. "Kya!" Korra seethed turning red from embarrassment. Kya just laughs as Korra walks out.

She walked to her locker and grabbed her things before walking to her class. She suddenly felt someone hop on her back. She dropped all her stuff and had to keep herself balanced so she won't fall at the sudden impact. She was about to toss the person on the floor and spaz out until she saw raven hair fill her vison. The smell of vanilla cherry blossom filled her nose. She quickly grabbed under Asami's thighs to keep her from falling.

"Good morning Korra." Asami says next to Korra's ear. Korra giggles at the sensation. "Well hi. Surprise attack?" "Yup." Asami says popping the p. "So what are you doing?" "Well currently keeping a crazy person on my back and heading to class." Asami laughs and gets down from Korra's back helping her picking up her things.