Chapter Thirty

TW: ABUSE/AGGRESSION

After their shower they both sat on Asami's bed. "So if you want, you can tell my father what's happening. Then we can make a plan on what to do." Asami says playing with Korra's hair. "I- I don't know." Korra says pulling her legs to her chest. "Hey it's alright I'll be besides you. You can tell him everything but we won't do anything unless you're okay with it. Alright?" Asami says wrapping her arms around Korra. "Alright." Korra says.

"I'm going to see what he's doing. Stay here and drink some water." Asami says kissing Korra's forehead before leaving the room. Korra goes to check her phone. She was surprised when she only saw one message.

Zaheer- after school tomorrow your not going to boxing. You have fights to make up.

"Wow way to be so casual about it." She says sarcastically. She puts her phone away and lays back on Asami's bed drinking water like Asami asked. The door opened revealing Asami. "He's in his office. He's ready to talk if your are." Korra nods getting up grabbing onto Asami's hand. Upon entering his office Hiroshi had a soft smile on his face. "It's good to see you're awake Korra. How are you feeling?" He asked. "I'm feeling okay. A bit lightheaded but nothing bad." She shrugs.

"Well after we have our discussion have something to eat and you can take some headache medication. So I know this is going to be a big topic for you. You don't have to say everything today. You can take it slow. Just know that we are here for you and whatever gets said in this room stays in this room." He assures. Korra nods gripping on Asami's hand a bit. They sit in the chairs in front of his and Korra keeps a hold of Asami's hand. She takes a deep breath and lets a shaky one out. "Okay." She began.

She explained why the reason was she move to republic city. Explains how she lived with her uncle. She then started to explain how he got her into fighting. He told her "in Republic city fighting sport is more intense and secretive." When she explained to Wan he told her the truth but by then it was too late to back out. She also explained how she got kicked out and what her uncle is part of and how dangerous he is. Hiroshi jotted some of the things down, with her permission, and started to brainstorm different plans to do.

Of course Korra listened to all of them but she wasn't big on taking action yet. Asami has to hold her tears in the entire time. Hearing the truth of what Korra is going through it heart shattering. "Okay, you did good. This is the first step alright. I'll see what plans and actions to take with the information you gave me now. I know there is more to be told but let's start off small alright." He says. Korra nodded keeping her legs to her chest.

"Alright, it's getting pretty late. How about you have something to eat and get some rest. Alright." He says. "Alright. Good night dad." Asami says standing up. Korra however was silent. They walked out and Korra no longer had her hands connected to Asami's. She hugged herself as she followed Asami to the kitchen. Asami turns around. "Hey what's wrong?" She asked. "If this goes south it's all my fault for whatever happens. I shouldn't have told you guys I-." Asami walks up to Korra and hugs her.

"Hey don't think like that. Things won't go south. My father is a smart man. He knows how to do things the right way. Everything will be okay." She brings her hand to the side of Korra's face. "Okay." Korra says softly. Asami kisses her nose and walks to the fridge. "Okay so Lu made some soup for you. He says it's from the tribe. I'm going to heat that up for you." She says. "That reminds me I need to text my parents." Korra says. Asami furrows a brow. "Wait you talk to your parents?" She asked.

"I text them every now and then. I can't call them or I'll break down. Texting is easier to lie when they ask questions. I barely text them though. I can't help but feel guilty when I see their contact." She says. "Oh I see." There was a silence that filled the air. To Korra it was comfortable but to Asami it was stuffy. After hearing what's happening to her she can't understand how Korra just is okay with it. She said it all in such a neutral tone. Then knowing the extent, she just wants to keep her in her arms and never let go.