Unnatural~ (Killua x Male Rea...

By Oliver812

A monster, a killer, a freak. This is all people see when they look at (Y/N). A young boy, beaten and torture... More

Scars That Don't Heal.
A Scaley Family
Brave Hearts
In The Hands of Death
New Life
First Steps
Arcade!!
Training
Just Follow? Okay.
Snake in a Swamp
Gourmet Hunters
Old Student
Malphas
Killua's Background
Get The Ball!
Trick Tower
Great Job Leorio...
Finally Out
Badge 404
Short Nap
Bonding Time
Pedosoka
Pokkle
You're... Immortal...?
Broken Knight
Frenemies
Play Dead
Ask Oliver!
Unfamiliar Place
Drawing
I'll Find You...
Tests And Trials
Rickety Bridge
Malphas' Dress
Into The Castle
My Fault...
Trapped
Why For Him?
Reunion
Longing
Another Drawing
Settling In
Go Shopping!
Movies With Killua
Pelican Town
Request
Down Under
Confessions
Malphas #2
Undersea Findings
The Observatory
On Shaken Ground
A Fiery Argument

Hunter's Exam

8.2K 286 204
By Oliver812

(Y/N)'s POV

(I named the male reader Kuro but of course, his name and looks is entirely up to you.)

A year has past. Im now 11 years old and mom finally thinks im ready to join. I've practiced my abilities both physical, mental, or magical. Ryuu is also joining me but as to not be devided by the Exam Comittee, Ryuu will take the form of a snake and not break that form until we finish the exam.

Before leaving home, aunt Minerva gave me a backpack filled with a small book of spells that also doubles as my notebook, some food, and other bits and bobs. She also put in some medical equipment even though i don't need it. Demonic regeneration is very fast.

Mom is standing next to us and looking at the small restaurant where the exam is supposed to begin - or at least it's primary phase. How did we know all this? Well let's just say i learned how to make people spill out information that they shouldn't.

Mom then crouched down and gave something, a dagger with an odd looking dark-coloured blade.

Malphas "(Y/N), this is the Blade of Woe. It's a weapon that i used when i was young. Although i believe that your abilities are enough to get you through this exam, it never hurts to have a back-up plan. This blade will answer you when you call it. Whenever you need it, say "Return from the shadows." And it will apear to you."

(Y/N) "okay mom."

Mom then pulled me and Ryuu (still in snake form) into a tight hug.

Malphas "be careful you two, look out for eachother, and come back to me safely, okay?"

(Y/N) "we will mom..."

Malphas "i love you..."

(Y/N) "we love you too mom..."

Our hug lasted for maybe a few minutes until mom released us and wiped a tear on the side of her face. We then said our goodbyes and Ryuu and I entered the building.

*Small Timeskip*

(Y/N) "huh... this place is more crowded than i thought..."

Ryuu then spoke to me telepathically. (It will be shown in italic, Ryuu can't talk while in snake form.)

Ryuu "the numbers of applicants change every year. The Exam is always so hard to predict because it's never consistent."

(Y/N) "well then, i guess we should get a move on."

As i walked and Ryuu slithered next to me, i saw everyone staring back at us. I tried not to get in anyone's way and just move forward. Eventually we bumped into a... jelly bean? With a small tuxedo?

Jelly bean(?) "Hello! Please take your number badge."

He then gave me a white badge with the number 399 on it.

Jelly bean(?) "Please wear this on your chest at all times, and be careful not to lose it."

(Y/N) "oh o-okay. Thank you."

Jelly bean(?) "You are very welcome."

Hmm... why does the air suddenly feels... stuffy. I looked around and saw that everyone was looking at me again, i felt some bad energy around here.

Ryuu contacted me again with telepathy.

Ryuu "bad move bud. Shouldn't have said that 'thank you.' Makes people think you're weak."

(Y/N) "just showing some manners make you weak?"

Ryuu "it's a brutal word, bud."

(???) "Well well well. Aren't you one well behaved."

(Y/N) "huh?"

I looked to the side to see a chubby man with a blue outfit coming over to me. Ryuu got defensive almost instantly and i calmed him down.

(???) "Nice pet you got there."

(Y/N) "he's not my pet. He's my bestfriend."

(???) "Is that so? Kind of a mean one isn't he? Well anyway, i don't think i've seen you before."

(Y/N) "huh? You can tell?"

(???) "Yeah! When you've tried for 35 times you tend to get a hang of things."

(Y/N) "35??!!"

Ryuu "i can't tell if he's lucky to be alive or unlucky to be through this 35 times."

(???) "Heheh. I guess you can call me a veteran."

Ryuu "not something you should flex. Kinda sad actually."

(???) "Oh im Tonpa by the way!"

(Y/N) "i-im (Y/N)."

He offered a hand for me to shake.

Instinctively, i took it. Ryuu flinched at the gesture and hissed at Tonpa but then went back to being defensive.

Tonpa "ohoh! You're scaley! That's not something you see everyday."

I scratched the back of my head and laughed slightly.

(Y/N) "it has it's ups and downs."

Tonpa then reached for his bag and pulled out a can of what looks to be soda.

Tonpa "here you go! For the begining of a long friendship!"

*CLANK*

Before i even touched it, Ryuu swiped his tail and flung the can away. He then hissed at Tonpa aggressively. not wanting to make an enemy so early into the exam, i quieted Ryuu down and apologized to Tonpa. I then went and picked up the can that was on the ground.

(Y/N) "sorry. I'll just drink it later. looks like my friend is in a protective mood."

Tonpa "No biggie! anyway, it was nice meeting you! im gonna go greet those newcomers if you need me." he pointed at three new people that just walked in. one was a boy with a green.. everything and sharp black hair. another was a blonde boy i think? who looked to be in his teenage years, and the last one looked like an adult with a suit, glasses, and briefcase. i mean, i've seen spy movies and they always look cool in suits but man, he does not pull off that look.

Anyway, with Tonpa gone i guess i should talk to Ryuu.

Ryuu "You do know that the drink he offered you had poison inside it right?"

(Y/N) "of course i know, but poison doesn't affect us anyway and im thirsty!"

I then cracked open the soda can and took began drinking it.

(???) "So you're immune to poison too huh?"

I looked over to my side to see a boy with white hair and blue eyes. he looked slightly taller than me but looks about my age, maybe older. weird that i barely noticed him, im usually pretty perceptive.

(Y/N) "Yeah. half-snake so poison doesn't do much."

(???) "cool. hey how old are you?" he said with a small sideways smile and his hands in his pockets

(Y/N) "huh? i-im 11."

(???) "really? you look younger. im 12. the name's Killua."

(Y/N) "(Y/N)."

we stood quiet for a few seconds before Killua began again.

Killua "You gonna finish that?" he pointed at my drink.

(Y/N) "Nah. tastes weird." i handed it over to him and he chugged it down in seconds.

Killua "Gah. all that and im still thirsty." he says throwing the can over the back of his head. i don't approve of littering but i got to admit. he's cool!

Killua "come on. let's go get more."

(Y/N) "o-okay. right behind you."

And with that, we made our way over to Mr. Tonpa. Who would have known that this small encounter with Killua started off the chain of events that became some of the best moments of my life. but that is a story for another time...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

799K 25.6K 40
When a strange, mysterious boy with snowy white hair shows up at your school one faithful day, you've been barely able to take your eyes off him. As...
2.6K 141 11
Humans start out at birth with milk white blood. The more crimes they commit or emotional damage they infect, the darker their blood becomes. Gon is...
My Enigma By Jade

Fanfiction

2.5K 97 12
Gon Freecss, age 14, must endure the unfortunate process of being the new kid in high school. Along his way he makes friends, enemies, and one boy h...
249K 6.4K 34
It has been one year since Gon and Killua went on their own paths. Gon went with his father and Killua went with Alluka. After a year their feelings...