Replaced

By aimlesssorrows

[BOOK 1] [NOT EDITED] ❝if you were to describe me in one word, what would it be?❞ she had the perfect life, w... More

introduction
prologue | fired
chapter 1 | school
chapter 2 | dad
chapter 3 | friends
chapter 4 | sleep
chapter 5 | touch
chapter 6 | attraction
chapter 7 | karla
chapter 8 | momma
chapter 9 | funeral
chapter 10 | roadtrip
chapter 11 | pranks
chapter 12 | thoughts
chapter 13 | job
chapter 14 | shopping
chapter 15 | birthday
chapter 16 | escape
chapter 17 | pain
chapter 18 | authority
chapter 19 | everleigh
chapter 20 | truth
chapter 21 | distance
chapter 22 | apologies
chapter 23 | bar
chapter 24 | drunk
chapter 25 | penthouse
chapter 26 | moonlight
chapter 27 | call
chapter 28 | shooting
chapter 29 | bracelet
chapter 30 | worthless
chapter 31 | firefly
chapter 32 | confession
chapter 33 | flowers
chapter 34 | basketball
chapter 35 | promise
chapter 36 | disagreement
chapter 37 | surprise
chapter 38 | chase
chapter 40 | gala
chapter 41 | spider
chapter 42 | jacuzzi
chapter 43 | us
chapter 44 | results
chapter 45 | replaced
epilogue | letter
author's note
squeal

chapter 39 | happiness

49.6K 943 1.3K
By aimlesssorrows

•••

I tried shuffling around but due to someone's heavyweight on me, I couldn't. I opened my eyes to immediately closed them again, as I tried to get used to the light peeking through the window. I slowly opened them again and yawned. I looked down to see Chase's head placed on my bare chest. He was nuzzled into my neck. His arm protectively around my bare waist.

I immediately blushed when I realized I was naked under his touch. My arm was around his back, going in small rubbing motions. My body felt sore from yesterday but I couldn't help but smile at the thoughts.

Chase was in a deep slumber of sleep as he didn't move or shuffle around. I tried moving again but only to get hold onto tighter. Is he awake?

His breathing was soft and steady, telling me he was asleep. I sighed and laid down relaxed. My hands automatically finding their way into his curly locks and messaging his scalp. His hair was always silky and soft.

Our legs were entangled with one another with the bedsheets as our bare bodies hugged each other perfectly.

Never in a million years would have I thought I would see this day. Yet, here I am. With him beside me.

One word that would describe how I was feeling would be happiness. The one word that I wanted to feel my whole entire life. The one emotion that I thought I would never get to feel for myself.

And, now today with him in this yacht laying down, I was more than happy. I was content.

If this was what happiness felt like I would hope it never goes away.

I felt wet kisses on my neck bringing me out of my thoughts. I looked down to see Chase kissing and sucking my neck, leaving behind love bites.

"Good morning, Firefly." He muttered in his raspy morning voice, coming out of my neck and looking into my eyes. His gray orbs were also showing the same emotion I was feeling.

His eyes were shining.

"Good morning." I chirped, smiling.

He held my face with his hands before hitting my nose with his nose and pecking my lips.

I raised my eyebrows. "You look way too beautiful for me to not too." He shrugged.

I felt something poking me on my lower stomach and my face morphed into a confused face.

"This is what you do to me." He whispered, sending tingly feelings and shivers down my spine. "On the daily." He laid back on the bed, before shutting his eyes. He groaned.

"I do, what?" I asked, confused.

"Too damn innocent." He mumbled. And, I giggled. I really didn't understand what he was trying to say but okay.

He opened his eyes and turned to me. He smiled displaying his perfect white straight teeth and dimples. I blushed and sat up on the bed while pulling up the sheets to cover my body.

"Chase," I said after a while, as he kept staring in adoration. He hummed. "Can you look away please?"

"Why?"

"So I could change," I said in a duh tone. Stupid, Chase.

"I have already seen your bare body though." He teased. I blushed and looked away.

"Chase, please." I whined and he turned around, chuckling to himself. I smiled to myself in victory and got out of the bed before immediately falling back down.

"Ow." Chase turned around, showing his worried face.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I can't walk." I pouted and he chuckled. "It's not funny, Chase."

"I know I'm sorry. Lay back down for me, and let me massage your legs, yeah?"

"No, it's okay." I shut him down.

"Firefly." He said sternly and I laid back down. My back against the headboard. He got off the bed showing his back muscles and flawless body.

I looked away as I realized he was naked as well and turned around. I heard him shuffle around as I looked out the window seeing the light blue water.

I felt the bed dip and I looked in front of me to see Chase sitting down beside me. He had put on his boxers but the rest was still on display for my eyes.

"Can I?" He asked before lifting up the sheets. I nodded.

He lifted the sheets a little bit, showing my bare legs to him. He had put some oil in his hand before placing his hands on my legs and massaging.

I squeezed my legs together as I felt the same sensations from last night but also his massaging was relaxing my sore muscles. I leaned my head back as he continued his progress. As his hands kept going higher, my breathing heightened.

His hands reached my thighs, going up and down. Then, in a circular motion before encircling my thigh around. He slowly pressed down on the inner part of my thigh to massage making me moan and clench my legs. He smirked and repeated his progress.

He was done massaging my legs but his hands didn't stop. They kept going dangerously high as his hands went inside my slit up and down feeling the wetness. My breathing picked up, my heartbeat fastens, my back arched, my moaning started becoming louder, and the vibrations in my core heightened, but his motions did not stop.

His thumb-stopping at my clit, going in a circular motion as I became a moaning mess. His finger slowly entered me and I screamed his name. The sheets on me ripped away from my body but I did not care as the sensations in my body built up. My hands squeezing the bedsheets as his thumb stroked my clit.

My body was on display as he kept his motions steady on my core. His eyes never leaving mine for a second.

"How does it feel, baby?" His raspy voice asked. His adam's apple bobbing up and down.

He inserted another finger and his motions fasten. He was going on an inhuman speed making my body build up and begging for a release. His fingers touching my G-spot with each plunge.

"G-Good." I choked out. "V-Very go-good." I closed my eyes as I felt my release close.

I was about to release but he stopped his motions all at once.

I opened my eyes in pure shock. My body was still on fire. He put his fingers into his mouths and started sucking them off clean while looking directly into my eyes.

"I'm going to take a shower. Do you want to join?" He smirked. Is he really going to act as if he didn't allow me for a release?

"No, thank you." I snickered.

That was so mean of him.

"You sure, Firefly?" He got up from the bed leaving me behind and going to the bathroom door.

"Yes." I gritted out. He chuckled and went inside.

I rested my head on the pillow and laid down. I internally screamed as my body missed the sensations that were forming in my body. I inhaled and exhaled trying to control the beating in my chest.

Ugh.

After a few minutes, the bathroom door opened to Chase. The white towel hung dangerously low around his torso showing a glimpse of his deep V and another towel around his neck as he shook his head for the access water. The water drops going down his muscular tan chest.

He looked up and saw me gawking my eyes out at him. He smirked before coming towards me and I started shuffling in the bed to get up. My legs were still sore and it did hurt when I stood up but I had to take a shower because I felt yucky. I wrapped the sheet around my body tightly when Chase came in front of me. I swallowed a big lump in my throat.

He leaned in to kiss me but I swerved and his lips landed on my cheek. I tried to contain my laughter when I saw his facial expression fall. Serves him right.

I tried getting past him but he moved in my way. I moved the other way and he moved as well. Chase was really testing my patience right now. I looked up and he pointed his finger to his lips. I shook my head.

"Firefly," He softly muttered. "I'm sorry."

I decided to play along just so I can teach him a lesson to not do that again. Hehe.

I shook my head again.

"Please kiss me." Chase pleaded.

His eyes had in hurt expression and I couldn't take it anymore. Whatever, he wins.

I went on my tippy toes and pecked his lips for a second. Before I could pull back he put his hand around my head pushing me closer to him and long-gating the kiss. I smiled in between the kiss, not being able to handle his adorableness and he took that as an opportunity to shove his tongue into my mouth.

I gripped onto my bed sheet around my body while he pushed me closer to him deepening the kiss. His other hand going down and grabbing my butt before give it a tight squeeze.

After we pulled back with swollen lips and smiles on our faces I joked. "I'm still mad." I went around him and picked up my disregarded clothes from the ground and went to the bathroom.

After a long warm shower, I stepped outside. I brushed my teeth with the extra toothbrush in the drawer. I put on the same clothes from yesterday. And, hand brushed my wet hair. I left my wet hair hanging to let it dry and not caring enough to do anything with it.

I opened the door and went to the bedroom. Chase wasn't here anymore. I put on my white sandals before going outside.

Chase was on the phone with someone. He was wearing the same clothes as yesterday as well. I let my eyes wander around that's when I saw the beach covered with picnic-related stuff and balloons.

The boat had come to a stop near the sand as to why I could see the beautiful decorations on the beach. The different array of balloon colors with the lowered brown table and pillows looked stunning.

a/n: pretend that it's a J instead of an A.

I started smiling as I looked back at Chase. He had ended the call and was looking at me. He came closer to me lifting my chin with his hand. "Forgive me?"

"Yes!"

I went on my tippy toes and encircled my hands around his neck. He wrapped his hands around my waist lifting me off the ground. He nuzzled his head into my neck.

"Ti amo, Lucciola."

translation ~ i love you, firefly ~

"Te amo, Chase."

translation ~ i love you, chase ~

The only way I understand him was that it was very similar to the Spanish version. Expect the first part.

After we pulled back he helped me get off the boat and we went towards the picnic set up on the beach. I was holding his hand as we walked, my body forgetting about any sore muscle I had.

An array of food was displayed on the table and I think my stomach grumbled just looking at all the delicious food. Especially when my eyes laid on the waffles.

"You like it?"

"Yeah, it's beautiful. Thank you."

We took our seats on the pillows and it was quite funny seeing a hefty man sitting on a pillow. A sight reserved for just my eyes only.

We ate and chatted for reminders of breakfast. He told me that he informed my work that I would not be attending today.

I was really enjoying myself. This was honestly one of the best birthdays I have ever had. I couldn't stop smiling or laughing. Chase has also gotten chocolate shakes from In-N-Out for us. Although, he isn't a chocolate lover he was willing to try it just for me.

And, he didn't like it.

I just went with the conclusion he has bad taste.

"I think I have the best taste, my love."

"Yeah, sure." I snarled as I sipped on my absolutely delicious chocolate shake.

"I chose you and I know that was the best decision of my life." My cheeks redden and I used my hair to cover the evidence. A smile forming on my features again.

Finally, we got up from the picnic date. We started walking on the beach, just enjoying each other's company.

"I have a gift for you." He said and I stopped walking.

"Gift? Wasn't this all enough?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Of course not, Firefly." He expressed. "I couldn't decide on one gift so I got multiple." He scratched the back of his head.

"I don't want anything else though. You are more than enough." I said truthfully.

"I know but I wanted to buy them for you."

He pulled out a box and handed it over to me. I untied the bow and opened the box to reveal a beautiful Dior necklace.

This was too much. I couldn't accept it.

"Chase, I really can't accept this. It's beautiful but it's too much." I looked back up at him.

"It's yours, I won't be taking it back."

"Chase, bu-" He cut me off.

"No, buts or ifs."

He went back to the picnic and from under the pillow he picked up a wrapper rectangular-shaped gift. He came towards me and gave it to me.

I was about to tell him this was all too much but he just shook his head.

I began opening the gift and it was a picture frame. The first picture was of us on this exact beach on the day of his birthday. The second picture was of us in the flower field when he was laying on my lap fake asleep while I was revealing my secrets. And, lastly, a picture of us on the basketball court when he picked me up so I could make the basketball shot.

My eyes started tearing up looking at the beautiful memories. I think this was the best gift I have ever received.

"Thank you, Chase." I sniffled.

"One more gift." I wiped my tears that had fallen and looked at him. He pulled out a gun from the back of his pants and I gasped.

"I want you to have this. This is for your safety and protection. If I am not ever with you, I want this to be with you at all times."

"I-I do-don't think I need it." I stuttered out.

"You never know, Firefly." He placed the gun in my trembling hands. Holy guacamole!

I am holding a gun.

A gun.

"I already know how good your aim is so I would be worried about the person on the other side of this gun." He chuckled.

This has to be a joke, right?

"Alright, let's go. I know others want to meet with you as well." He said.

Yep, no joke.

I cleared my throat. "Where are we going?"

"To meet your mother."

"Really?" A big smile coming on my face at the mention of my momma. I haven't been able to talk to her or visit her with so much going in my life recently. I miss her dearly.

"Yes." He confirmed.

He took the gun out of my hands probably seeing my frighten face and he put inside his jean again. Thank god.

"You will get it back, don't you worry." Ugh!

He opened the door to his Bugatti and I sat down. I put on my seatbelt while Chase settled in. My eyes glancing back at the pictures.

He started the car and went on the main road. When we arrived at the hospital, Chase got a phone call and decided to stay outside while I went in and visited.

I spent a good two hours with my momma in the hospital. He condition was getting better and she would probably get discharged soon. She gave me her blessing for my birthday. I told her about my relationship with Chase and she approves. Apparently, she knew that he would be the one from the first time he visited her with me.

I once again gave her false hope about how I had enough money to purchase an apartment when in reality I did not. I just didn't want to stress her out.

She was feeling a little drowsy from all the medications and I took that as my call to leave. I opened the car door after Chase unlocked it and sat down. He was still on the phone.

I wonder how he doesn't have a headache by now.

"No, just find a new recruitment team to get the next goods." He ordered.

"Make sure they all are checked thoroughly before they are sent off. I want no problems arising."

"Also double the security around my penthouse and warehouse."

"I will come in tomorrow to look at what we found out about the fucking Russians."

"No, I'm busy today. I'll come tomorrow."

"Also, check on the new hotel in Italy. Get a statistical report of how that hotel is progressing and what needs to be improved."

My mind was fried just listening to this conversation. Although, I couldn't hear the other person on the call.

He ended the call and sighed.

"How was your visit?" He asked.

"It was really good." I beamed. "You seem stressed, everything good?"

"Yeah, some new shipments are coming in today and I can't afford anything going wrong."

"I'm sure everything will be alright."

"Hopefully."

He began driving and I asked him where to. It was his penthouse.

I looked outside seeing the sunset. The beautiful colors in the sky looked absolutely stunning.

His hand on my thigh kept going up and down because of the stress. He really is overworking himself.

We reached his complex and stepped into the elevator.

As the elevator door opened, I saw the flowers and balloons all around the penthouse covering each and every corner. My mouth was agape when everyone shouted "Surprise." Chase's mother Grace, Everleigh, Anthony, and Connor.

They all came rushing towards me. I hugged everyone.

"I didn't expect this." I truthfully stated.

"You really think of us that lowly." Connor acted fake hurt and we all laughed.

"Look Jaz, we got you a cake," Everleigh spoke and my attention went towards her.

I squatted down. "Really sweetheart?" She nodded. "Thank you so much." I hugged her before placing a kiss on her cheek.

She stuck her tongue out to Chase when I kissed her and he rolled his eyes.

We went to the kitchen and I saw the three-tier cake. It was chocolate with chocolate drip down the sides and Oreos with strawberries decorating the cake.

All the attention turned towards me and I immediately turned awkward. I hate any type of attention except for Chase's. They all started singing and I really didn't know what to do with myself.

Chase grabbed my hand and started rubbing his thumb in a soothing motion. I looked up to him and smiled.

I made a wish before blowing out my candle and cutting the cake. I wished for everyone to stay happy as they are right now.

I put the tiniest amount of cake in Chase's mouth because I know he doesn't like it and he put a decent amount in my mouth. I gave some to Everleigh and vice versa. Same with Anthony and Grace.

I was about to feed the cake to Connor when he put the plate filled with cake on my face.

"CONNOR!" I screamed.

"Happy birthday, baby sister."

"You are so dead." I moved the plate from my face and wiped the cake from my face before running after him.

"Help me!" He screamed as he ran from me. Everyone else laughing at us as we ran through the whole house.

Connor and I were also laughing but that didn't stop me from smacking a plate of cake to his face as well.

We both looked like a pair of idiots.

I wiped most of the cake from my face when I looked up and saw everyone chatting with one another. They all looked equally as happy as me and that made my heart flutter.

I really hope my wish comes true.

•••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 61.5K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...
849 0 46
I am fucking in love with you Chase Adams I say, and if I have too I'd scream it from the top of my lungs. I say throwing my hands in the air. Chase...
16.1K 969 21
Daehyun has everything he could ever want. He is beyond gorgeous, he has all the money in the world, and is about to get married to the most beautifu...
74K 1.9K 50
When a mother took her quadruplets away from their older siblings and father to never see them again. The four grow up not knowing anything about the...