Lacking Humanity|Blue Moon

De NerdyxWitch

[COMPLETED] BOOK THREE of the LACKING HUMANITY SERIES * * * Sage has discovered a few of the deepest secrets... Mais

-I N T R O D U C T I O N-
-Author's Note/Important Details-
-New Moon-
-Waxing Crescent-
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
-First Quarter-
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
-Waxing Gibbous-
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
-Full Moon-
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
-Blood Moon-
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
-Waning Gibbous-
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
-Third Quarter-
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
-Waning Crescent-
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Lacking Humanity: Book Four

Chapter One

1.2K 65 1
De NerdyxWitch

* * * 

At the end of the first week, the pups started to gain a bit of courage and adventure. They were gaining their full senses, though they hadn't gotten the hang of walking fully just yet—Nor were they ready to, but that didn't stop Ronan from trying to embrace his curiosity.

Yet in witnessing his attempts caused Remus' wolf to whine out, either Sage or him were at the ready to catch him or get him situated where he wanted to be.

They were more lively than the first few days, nipping and making noise out to their mother and father to express their wants and needs.

The twins were very adamant about being far away from one another, so when Remus wanted a moment with either Rue or Ronan—One was sure to whine out to the other and vise versa.

Sage, however, had barely left the den. Only in the account of getting water and using the restroom. That is when Remus took the responsibility of sitting with their litter curled up into his side now. Course they were curious as to where their mom went, their attention went straight to the light coming out from onto the ceiling.

But it wasn't time for them to venture out just yet, even though Remus was getting jittery in thinking about it. His wolf wanted to teach and play, and sometimes he could catch Sage's dreaming glint in her eyes at the same idea.

With the only company being the other, it was a blessing in disguise. This was probably the first time in a long while that they've ever had to not worry about the pack, it was just themselves and their pups.

Sage learned a lot, besides being a mother, but also what Remus was like as a father. And her wolf could only fawn and purr at how precious and adorable it was.

And perhaps it was because of all the puppy videos Sage had watched since she found out about funny videos, but it allowed her to read them easier than her mate.

The days seemed to roll into one another, Remus had been the one to leave their sanctuary to return with more food for his mate. The pups weren't meant to eat any solid food just yet, but the scent needed to be introduced bit by bit.

It was a right of passage, or so Remus thought as he was trying to section off his newest kill. Course he was surprised the last couple times, the pack seemed to keep their distance. He could feel the eyes on him, and as the true Alpha, he could sense the movement this way and that.

He held up the traffic for the hunting and scouting parties. And when he left a kill, nobody dared come near it, his scent was a deterrent. But those who could manage to get a whiff of his presence, there was a lingering scent of the pup—Leaving them to yip and cheer at the thicket a ways away, a sense of congratulations to be passed on.

It took him a bit of time to drag the deer's leg back to the sanctuary, but Sage's mouth watered as the scent drew closer and closer. And before long, Remus had dropped it before her and earned himself a whine to share her thanks.

Licking her mate's muzzle in thanks, but also to get a taste of the blood before diving in.

She was burning so much energy in producing milk and carrying for the pups that Remus didn't hesitate to return back to the deer to try and drag the deer closer.

Those around him caught wind of what he was trying to do, and while he growled at them in a warning. Considering that this was his prize and meal for his hungry mate, they all submitted and bowed their heads.

But nobody licked their licks, they weren't hungry for the meat. And since Remus' connection to the pack's link was low, leaving a very open channel for Sage and the pups.

It was slightly static and would stay that way until he returned to skin and reintroduced to the pack.

But the two males aided him in dragging the rest of the deer off towards the sanctuaries entrance. Making it an easy travel for when Remus needed to retrieve another limb, he barked his thanks before separating the other leg and turning back.

And he could hardly hold back in seeing Sage gnawing on the bone, whether it was to show she was still hungry or because the puppies were attempting to do the same and she was showing them...

Whatever it was, he wish he had a camera.

I have plenty more, hun.

Sage had left the bone idly by, and the pups tackled to get their own licks in. However Sage growled at the other wolves' smell lingering on the deer.

And it caused her to curl up and around the pups to protect them, this was what Remus had been warned about prior.

Some hunters helped me move the deer, they know better than to come here...Nobody's here.

The pups whined in fear at their mother's warning, and when she started to calm down...The pups had attacked her with kisses to her muzzle, interest in the smell of blood and deer meat. But they didn't have strong enough teeth, in a few weeks, they would be able to eat it mushed up.

But otherwise, it was too early.

Remus felt as though he blinked his eyes, all the first moments were now just a precious memory.
He had funneled out of the tunnel first, making sure that the area was clear. Though he knew it was, he had just been out, checking to make sure there wasn't anything abnormal and that the weather held up—It hadn't been too cold for the pups, nor too hot.

So when he turned around he caught Sage nudging the pups up the steep decline that the created den provided for them, yet seeing the pups in such a natural environment of a wolf caused him to lean on his stomach and wait for them to pounce.

They were getting very good at pouncing and tackling one another. At just two and a half weeks, they resembled a month-old puppy. And Sage couldn't get enough of it, it was the purest form of entertainment.

Rue, however, was scared.
She didn't like all the senses, she liked the confinement of the cool cave. With her ears pinned back, she didn't dare move forward at her mother's advances to join Remus and Ronan further into the open pocket of the sanctuary just outside the den.

Ronan's nose was straight up in the air as he tried to capture everything, and Remus rumbled with approval and applause. Everything they did was beautiful and perfect that the bias had soon set in.

The back and forth whine of Rue and Sage caught his attention and threw his own insight.

What's wrong?

She's shaking, I think she's scared.

Sage whispered, licking the pup and doing the most supportive thing she could think of. She held the pup by the scruff of her neck and joined in just a few more steps up towards the rest of the family before sitting down and letting the pup sit against her chest.

It was prime seating for the pup to be right under their parent's neck, and while Remus didn't want to point out just yet that they were catering to them already.

This was a big first step, all they had ever known was the den.

And it broke Remus' heart thinking that it was similar to how Sage lived through life, thinking that there was nothing more than a cage and pain.

Which was why she was supporting Rue.

Of course Ronan wanted his sister to join him and that caused him pranced back to his mama and her. They were very big in using their front paws and gnawing at each other, but when the bites started to get a little too much, Sage broke it up with a quick interjection of her nose.

Can they play with sticks yet?

Sage asked, she had been rather careless in keeping track of the days, but Remus thought it was a perfect idea. And perhaps it would bring Rue out of this shy state, though it was clear that both pups were going to be mama's kids.

Remus ventured into the woods his wolf catching sight at the perfect little branch, but just as he was returning, he caught Ronan trying to join him in the grassy patch.

That's a tree son, there's a lot of—

The little pup barked up in seeing the movement of birds and squirrels being housed above his head. He jumped and twirled in wanting to see and meet them too, to imprint their scents to memory. But Remus simply nudged the pup back towards Sage, who had risen from her position and tried to move closer to where he had gone. Though it proved to be difficult considering Rue was in-between her legs and continued to whine and plea.

When Remus passed Sage the stick, it caught Rue's attention the same way the birds caught Ronan's. And sweet goddess the tug of wars began, whether it was between the pups or their parents.

And as it started to grow dark, they wrangled them back into the den—However, it was harder to keep Ronan contained now that he knew that there was a world outside this little home.

Wait until he knows he can shift, goddess he'll be going back and forth.

I'm excited to see them as babies. They're cute pups, but I wanna see them in skin too.

Remus slobbered her in kisses, and the instinctual affection was building the bond stronger in their family as the pups tried to join in on the kiss. Especially when Rue attempted to tackle her father and he fell in pure likeness to build up her social teasing.

Males would always let the females win, especially when they were that young. He caught Ronan doing it a few times already, though he would have her submit in seconds.

Yet the entire den reeked of Alpha blood, it wasn't that Rue was a submissive pup or any lesser. She was just unsure and rather tiny compared to her brother's size.

It didn't cause either parent to worry and disrupt their time in the sanctuary, but it was still in the back of his mind.

______

Date: 12/25/2021

Time: 3:47

Words: 1982

Author's Note:

Hey everyone, welcome back to the series, and Happy Holidays!

I'm so excited to be back posting this series, and I hope you are too🤗

___

Just a recap of where we left off in the previous story, Sage and Remus went into the Pack ground's sanctuary to have their pups and Eli is currently acting Alpha with Hayes overseeing things.

As forwarned this story will be very political heavy, and at times the choices the characters will make will probably either break some hearts--Just remember it's all a part of the plan!

This chapter was basically just pup content, but it was just so adorable to write these new parents and their first steps in figuring things out. Alright, alright, enough gushing about the Moon family.

Remember, Mondays and Fridays I'll be posting for this story and Wednesdays I'll be posting for 'The Luna of Crescent Moon,' if you haven't checked it out, the prologue and first chapter are already uploaded!

That was a mouthful, I'm going to enjoy some hot coco by the fire and eat a few cookies. Enjoy the holidays and prepare, this story is going to be a wild ride🤗

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

18.6K 922 52
BLACK MOON Book Three Can be read as a stand-alone. A mating bond is Goddess' blessing, something pure and perfect but what if a mating bond is not...
1.3K 42 7
Humanity has fallen, the supernaturals have come out of hiding and taken control. Years after watching the chaos of The Fall Emelia is faced with her...
112K 4.8K 80
[COMPLETED] BOOK TWO of the LACKING HUMANITY SERIES * * * The new year will bring much more to the freshly mated she-wolf, which will include new fri...
286K 10.4K 26
Three Packs. Three Powerful Alphas. One Mate. What happens when three great Alphas discovered that not only were they mated to one Being but he also...