What Makes You Beautiful? | h...

By n1ghtchanges

At the age of 18, the one thing Charli Rose doesn't want to worry about is her parents death; but unfortunate... More

prologue
one: beginnings & pep rallys
two: a house party & harry
three: band practice
four: battle of the bands
five: hangovers at nando's
six: girls night out (pt. one)
seven: girls night out (pt. two)
eight: freakouts & car rides
nine: first gig & bitches
ten: harry styles & zayn malik
11: pranks & punches
12: charlotte & a crazy girl
13: stalker problems
14: chase & celebrations
15: morning after & texts
17: dinner & heathrow
18: pickups & introductions
19: homecoming
20: georgia meets the guys
21: blast from the past
22: you lot are the worst
23: backyard talks
24: are you chicken?
25: together, we are trouble
26: niall's basement
27: date night*
28: maggie time
29: what the f
30: phone conversations
31: the devil himself
32: encounter with the devils mistress
33: two pieces
34: what do you have in mind?
35: stonehenge
36: when disaster strikes
37: breakdown
38: girl talk
39: alone time
40: blurred
41: walking in
42: are you done yet?
43: i really like you
44: i need a change
45: change is good
46: almost caught
47: drunk
48: best friends
49: thorpe park
50: lets try this again?
51: you're crazy*
52: road trip
53: crying on the beach
54: did he just?
55: the truth hurts
56: what happened?
57: serenade in a tent
58: surprise text
59: moving in
60: you'll pay for that
61: no, i'm harry*
62: bad luck*
63: dinner & a movie*
64: i'm here
epilogue
bonus: the wedding
bonus: the reception
bonus: flowers and garters*
bonus: the honeymoon
bonus: first ultrasound
bonus: announcements
bonus: new addition

16: sleepovers & spice girls

292 5 4
By n1ghtchanges

*Charli POV*

"Stop right now, thank you very much!" I sang at the top of my lungs.

"I need somebody with a human touch!" Brooke sang back.

"Girls, please keep it down!" Gramps shouted from the family room. "We're trying to watch a movie."

"Sorry!" we shouted simultaneously.

I took a spoonful of cookie dough and shoved it into my mouth. "This is the best we've ever made, Brooke!"

"I know!" she mumbled. "Let's take this upstairs, so we don't have to worry about being loud and disturbing those two."

"Great idea!" I cheered, grabbing my bowl and taking off towards the staircase.

"Char wait for me!"

"Hurry up, you slowpoke."

Loud footsteps were heard pounding up the stairs when I reached the top. "Took you long enough," I snickered.

"I had to grab drinks too!" she laughed, holding a case of soda in one hand, and her bowl in the other hand. "We may possibly die without drinking anything."

"Highly unlikely, but please hurry."

"We have an entire night. No need to rush."

"Fine," I stomped off and walked into my room. I set the bowl of cookie dough on my bedside table, and picked up my phone from it.

Zayn - Missed Call

Peach - Missed Call (3)

1 New Voicemail

6 new messages

Brooke walked into the room and set the case of soda on the floor and laughed, "Bored of me already?"

"No, I'm just apparently popular."

"Tell that to the people we went to school with," she flopped down on the bed. "Peach again?"

"Yeah," I sighed and sat down beside her. I dialed my voicemail and placed the phone up to my ear, waiting for the message to start.

Hi Charli! So, my flight leaves here at ten in the morning, my time. I managed to get a direct flight so I don't have to worry about any layovers, because they seriously suck! Anyways, I can't wait to see all of you - You, Gram and Gramps! There are so many things I want to talk to you about, and I can't wait to catch up with you! I miss you, baby sis. See you soon! Love you.

"What'd she have to say?" Brooke queried.

"She's leaving Toronto at ten am, her time. She said she couldn't wait to catch up. She apparently has lots to tell me," I rolled my eyes and sighed again. "I'm not ready for her to come, Brooke."

"Aw babe, it'll be okay. I'm gonna be there, so I can stop any awkwardness she brings up," she smiled, pulling me into a hug. "Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to go take a shower, because I didn't get one today. Your boyfriend hogged all the hot water at his place."

I laughed and nodded, "Okay. Don't use all of ours here, I need to have one too, bitch."

She flipped me off before walking into my closet. I picked up my phone and opened the messages.

From Peach: Charli I tried calling. Why don't you answer your phone? xx 🍑

From Peach: Charli, I tried to call again. Are you ignoring my calls? xx 🍑

I typed a response, and hit send.

To Peach: Sorry sissy, I left my phone in my room. Just got your message. Brooke & I will be there to pick you up. Text me what terminal you're at when you arrive so we know where to meet you.

I flipped through the other messages.

From Boyfriend: Hey baby, give me a call when you have time. xx

From Harry: Hey! When does he want me to come? I have to work tomorrow during the day, but what about tomorrow night? I get off at half four .x

I ran downstairs, and head into the family room. "Gramps, Harry wants to come for dinner tomorrow. You up for some of his craziness?"

"I'm always up for it," he laughed. "Let him know that's good. We'll make his favourite."

"What? How do you know-"

"I know lots about the boy," he laughed. "Ask him if six will be good."

"It should be. He gets off work at half four."

"Then he can come here and we can have dinner ready for six," he smiled. "Sound good?"

"And who is going to be making this dinner, Tom?" Gram chimed in. "Surely you don't think you can force this on me when it was your idea?"

"I never! Rita, I was going to make it."

I laughed at the two who started bickering between themselves, as I turned and head back to the staircase.

To Harry: Hey, Gramps said to come over after work and he'll make your favourite.

I entered my room and sat down on my bed, resting against the backrest. I dialed Zayn and pressed the phone against my ear.

"Hi, baby."

"Hi, love," I sighed. "How are you?"

"What's wrong? You sound upset."

"It's my sister."

"What about her?"

"Apparently she's coming here tomorrow."

"She's what!? Really?"

"She's coming here tomorrow night. Her flight gets in at half ten, and I'm picking her up from the airport."

"Want me to come with you?"

"It's okay. Brooke is coming with me. Plus, she's gonna be bitchy from the flight, I don't need your first time meeting her to be like that." There was silence for a few seconds when I spoke up again. "She's already enough of a bitch, we don't need it to be magnified."

His laughter filled the silence and I couldn't help but smile and laugh back.

"Okay. I just wanted to see how your day was going after I dropped you off."

"Charli! I'm done in here!" Brooke barged into the bedroom, clad in a skeleton onesie. "Hot as ever!"

"What's that?"

"Just Brooke," I laughed. "I've got to go though. I love you."

"I love you, Charli."

"Night baby. I'll talk to you tomorrow?"

"Yep. Night baby," and with that, he hung up. I tossed the phone onto my bed and head towards the closet to pick out a pair of pjs.

--

I walked out of my bathroom and saw Brooke stuffing cookie dough into her mouth. I laughed and her eyes widened.

"Oh, hi," she blushed. "Um, want some cookie dough?"

"Duh!" I ran over and plopped down on the bed beside her, grabbing my own bowl. "What movie do you want to watch tonight?"

"What about Spice World?" she asked, a Cheshire cat grin appearing across her face. "Like old times?"

"Like old times!" I smiled back, placing my bowl down and walking towards the DVD rack. I grabbed the case, slid the disc into the machine, and ran back over to my bed.

"Harry texted you back."

"Oh, good," I mumbled through another mouthful. I picked up my phone and opened his conversation.

From Harry: The man truly gets me! I'll be there .x

To Harry: Somehow he really does, and it's kind of weird Harry.

From Harry: I don't mind it. If I have the chance to have tacos, you better believe I'm gonna take it! 😏 .x

To Harry: How does he know you like tacos?

From Harry: You forget how often I was over at your place, don't you? .x

To Harry: That's true. Oh, guess who's coming tomorrow night?

From Harry: Should I know? lol .x

To Harry:The devil herself. 👿

From Harry: PEACH!? NO FUCKING WAY! WHEN!? .x

To Harry: Unfortunately. I have to pick her up tomorrow night. Her flight gets in at half ten.

From Harry: At Heathrow? .x

To Harry: Yeah. She literally told me only hours ago. How do you just spring that upon somebody?

From Harry:That's her though, Char. You know that. She's never cared about anyone but herself really since... But to her it probably makes all the sense in the world .x

To Harry: I know, I just feel so overwhelmed with it. She's gonna complain the whole time, and I'm not ready for that.

From Harry: I know, I'm sorry about that .x

To Harry: It's not your problems to be sorry about Haz.

From Harry: I know. But oh boy. She always hated me. I'm totally coming with you tomorrow. I'm not gonna miss this .x

To Harry: Lol I'm bringing Brooke, but thanks!

From Harry: Charli, I'm not giving you an option. 😹 .x

"Earth to Charli!" I looked up to see Brooke staring at me, confusion written across her face. "Are you even going to watch this movie? You've missed the first 15 minutes."

I looked up to see it was at the part where they were rehearsing 'Say You'll Be There'. "Shit, I'm sorry."

To Harry: Fine, you get backseat with her though. But I've gotta go. Movie time with Brooke.

I reached over and plugged the charger into my phone, flipped it to silent and set it on the side table. My eyes flicked up to the TV to see the familiar men arguing back and forth over the front page of the newspaper.

"Who cares if the Spice Girls get to number one yet again? Who cares if they climb to the top of Mount Everest on an ostrich? Or if they find the cure for déjà vu."

"Pfft, not me."

"Or if they find the cure for déjà vu."

"Pfft not me."

Brooke burst out laughing at this part. For some reason it always made her laugh, and I never understood why it was so funny to her. I shoved another spoonful of cookie dough into my mouth.

No matter how many times we watched this movie, we never got bored of it. We could recite it word for word, and did so as the movie played on. When the girls were having a conversation, we would both play different characters and recite the lines to each other.

70 minutes and countless sing-alongs later, the movie had ended.

I stood up and walked over to the DVD rack again, and picked out another favourite, What a Girl Wants. I guess I have a thing for movies that are filmed in England. The landscapes here are so beautiful, and it's not very often you get to see a movie that's not filmed in either New York, Los Angeles, or Miami.

Plus, Amanda Bynes is probably one of my favourite actresses. It's such a shame about what's going on in her life...

I strolled back over to bed, and looked down at the clock to see it was 1:15 am. I sat down and turned to see Brooke texting.

"Who's that?" I asked.

"No one," she mumbled, locking the phone and placing it face down on her stomach. "Is the movie finished already?"

"Yeah, and it's after one in the morning, so I'm going to head to bed," I mumbled, adjusting my body on the soft mattress. "Don't think you're getting off that easy. Is that Michael?" I winked.

Her eyes widened, and cheeks flushed pink, "Yes, but we're just friends. Amigos. Buddies, if you will."

"Bed buddies. I get it," I giggled, grabbing the remote control. I pressed play, and set the auto shut off timer for 90 minutes, seeing as the movie would be wrapping up by that time. I picked up my phone and opened the messages app.

From Harry: Okay. I'll text you tomorrow when I'm on my way there. Goodnight Charli! .x

I chose not to reply. He has to work in the morning and is probably sleeping, I told myself.

From Boyfriend: Night love, talk to you tomorrow. ❤️️ xx

To Boyfriend: Night baby, I love you. 😘❤️️

I set my phone back down on the table, and rolled over. "Goodnight Brooke," I smirked. "Tell Michael I say goodnight too."

"Shut it, bitch," she lightly laughed.

--

"Charli, wake up you slut."

"Fuck you, Brooke," I grumbed, rolling over. A pillow was smashed against my face and I yelped. "Really, bitch?"

"Well, it's three in the afternoon. You needed to get up at some point."

"Yeah, in another two hours."

"In another two hours Harry will be on his way here."

"So?" I removed the pillow from over my face and looked up at her. "What does that matter?"

"Don't you need to get ready or some shit?" she asked, wiggling her eyebrows up and down.

"Why would I need to do that? I don't need to impress him."

"No, but you know the g'rents," she laughed. "They'll expect you to at least look decent."

I sighed and stood up from the bed, "You're right."

"Am I ever wrong?" she questioned, standing up and following me into the closet.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm clearly staying for dinner. Why would I go home for a couple of hours for you to pick me up again anyways?" she smacked my arm and walked over to the dresses hanging on the back wall. "Plus, I've been up for a couple hours already, and Gram already invited me to stay."

"Of course she did," I laugh, bending down and pickup out a pair of black leggings from the bottom drawer of the dresser. I stood up and turned around, walking over and standing beside Brooke. "What are you gonna wear?"

"I want to wear this!" she exclaims, grabbing a hanger off of the dress rack and holding it in front of her. She looks at the tag hanging off of it, and frowns. "I can't believe you've never worn this before."

I shrug, "I got it a while ago, and never really had a want to wear it. You can have it, you know. I won't wear it."

"What? No I can't."

"Yes you can, in fact, I've already given it to you. Happy early birthday?" I chuckle.

"But my birthday isn't for another month!"

"I know. This is just a little something extra!" I smile and walk over to my shirts. I grab a Disney tee, and head off into the bathroom to change.

"Hurry up, I need to do my hair."

------------------------------

Authors Note:

OOH. Next chapter will be the dinner with Harry.

Do you think this story is even good anymore? It's not going the way I had originally planned it, but I'm kind of excited with the way its heading.

Who is Peach? And what will happen once she arrives?

As always... please comment and vote! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 14 26
You think you're life's crazy? Try being Blair Bilher. She's only 18 years old, about to start the summer of a life time. She can't wait to spend day...
5.5K 64 23
15 year old Lauren Styles always considered Harry, her brother, one if her best friends. Then, he disappears on your with his band without telling he...
2.4K 119 22
Jordan is a nineteen year old that has been abused by her mom and dad her whole life. She decides to run away to find her celebrity brother. She als...
1.2K 89 22
Shaiden and Harry have been dating for a few months now. Harry had to move back to England with his mom after his grandma had passed away which resul...