Circle Of Caim [Completed]

By BluNoor

Highest Ranking: #3 in Werewolf #1 in Dark #1 in Were - One for his rage Two for his loyal mage Three for a... More

Let Us All Get To Know Each Other.
Drunken Haze
A Tiresome Day
Something's Not Right
Let It Be Our Own Secret
Say Yes To The Dress
The Funeral Of The Dead And Me
Confronting Her
Running Away To Leave A Life Behind
I Messed Up
Let Go.
Against My Will
The Disagreement With The Majors
That Bastard
The Tour Of Land And Knowledge
A Gruesome Discovery
Wrapping His Shroud of Lies Around Me
They Showed Me a new Place
Start Counting Your Days
Counting Down The Days
Two More
She's Dead
Change Of Plans
Unknown
Him again
This Is It, Isn't It?
Azrael
I Appreciate You All
Who Are You?
Why Are You Like This?
Nothing Left To Discuss
That's Not a Good First Impression
His Unjustified Anger
You're So Weak
The Brothers
The Proposal
Move Out
Slade Brotherhood
The Slades
Interest
Ride with me
Questions
Ask
Their Place
The Plan
I Wouldn't Mind The Company
A Secret Lair
Adanine Slade
The Basics
Heal
Weston Cavanhang
Abduction Of A Royal
Break His Wolf
His Past
The Past Caught Up
Parting Ways
We Do This Together
Excuse Me Whilst I Go and Scream My Lungs Out in a Corner.
A Deserving End
Burn The Alpha
Keeping His Word
The Last Goodbye
To Be Together
Complete

What It All Comes To

1.9K 114 70
By BluNoor

I've been sitting on this chair in the corner,  watching him shuffle around his room for quite some time now, moving around with a certain motive that I couldn't grasp. He would grab an item, throw it on top of the bed and repeat the process. Sometime in between, he had removed his suit jacket and tossed it on top of the bed along with the other things before unbuttoning the sleeves of his crisp, white dress shirt and rolling them up to his elbows, displaying the veins running down his forearms for me to gawk on from time to time.

I made no effort to hide the fact that I was openly staring at him, biting my lower lip in unrest and following his moves as my fingers fidgeted with one another in my lap. I was more so concerned with the lack of communication rather than the frantic packing of his.

I even caught his eyes more than a few times, glancing at me as if waiting for me to open up but he continued moving around the room and not acknowledging me.

With the passing of another minute in a hush, I decided to try my luck, "say something," my demand caused him to stop in his tracks, "talk to me, Rafeial." I was aggravated and made sure to sound that way.

"I've been giving you the time, Miss Murdock, " Rafeial carefully placed the gun he was inspecting into the holster tied around his shoulders before he walked closer to me, his intense eyes keeping me in place, "the time to think and collect your words to tell me what it is that's bothering you. What went through your mind that you just had to run away to perform a rescue mission without a plan, without weapons and all alone." His voice was low and soft, requesting reasons as he halted directly in front of my seated form.

I couldn't meet those deep, intense browns, fearing that they might reach too far into my very soul and unravel me entirely. My gaze found a sudden interest in the floorboards beneath our feet.

"Did you not trust me?" His whisper held an emotion, self-doubt, making me whip my head up to quickly deny.

"No, Rafeial, there was never a question of trust with you, " I shook my head, "I trust you with my life. I-I was-" My words failed me and I once again avoided looking at him, my stare falling into my lap as I rubbed my hands together.

From the corner of my eye, I caught Rafeial dropping down to one of his knees and soon after, I felt the warmth of his fingers under my chin, raising my head and making me meet his eyes, "I don't want to force it out of you, Miss Murdock-"

"I'm head deep in shit, " I cut him off, removing his hand from my face and glancing any and everywhere but him, dodging away from his gaze, "I didn't want you to risk your life for something I did to myself, Rafeial, " I spoke in a rush, wanting the weight off my chest, "I was the one who couldn't take a fucking rejection, the one who ran away from the safety of a pack just because I could not accept the fact that my love was wasted, because I was a coward. It was me, Rafeial, who had the unfortunate fate of stumbling across Silas and having him as my mate. A bastard of a mate who wanted me dead just because I was tied to him, " at some point in between my rambling, my voice got louder, "all of this, including the fact that I'm wanted dead, is my fault not yours so why would I want you to bear the consequences of my actions."

I hadn't even noticed the tears that had escaped until the fingers of Rafeial's hands reached both my cheeks to wipe them off before he held my face in his warm grasp, compelling me to face him, "I'm a selfish man, Miss Murdock, and I want you, all of you for myself, " I was sure he might have heard my heart race at his words, and even if he didn't take note of that, he has definitely noticed my eyes growing wide, causing him to caress the side of my face to provide me with comfort and warmth,  "your past, your present and if you allow me, your future. And now I think it might only be myself here wanting to be with as you did not even take into consideration what I'd feel if something happened to you when you decided to go off all by yourself on a suicide mission."

At his confession, I was entirely speechless; stunned to silence. His deep browns, drowned in emotion, such passion towards me, reflected the truth of his words, and to say I was baffled would certainly be an understatement. I scanned his face for a lie, waited for a moment for him to pull the safety off his gun and shoot me into reality but none of that happened.

This man feared by all, Rafeial Slade himself, was on his knee, his hands cradling my face ever so softly and declaring his affection and I was too stunned to say a word.

How could this man not see that anywhere I would go, my eyes would only search for him. How could he have never noticed that since I've found him, my heart hasn't looked away.

My shaky hand slowly reached up and grasped his hand that was still resting softly on my cheek. My grip tightened on his hand, "I couldn't imagine seeing you in harms way, Rafeial, " I let out in a broken manner, "I wanted to come back to you but the pain of something happening to you wouldn't let me. If you come with me, what if we die?" I could not stop the oncoming tear as I shut my eyes at the thought.

I felt him draw my face closer to his, resting his forehead against mine and feeling his warm breath fanning my skin, "look at me, Aulora, " I would've denied it if it wasn't for my name slipping past his lips. My glossy gaze was wide when staring into his amused, carefree browns, a small but the most genuine smile on his pink lips, "what if we live, Aulora?"

I did not worry about the consequences of my following actions, holding on to his hand a little harder and closing my eyes and the very little distance that was left between us.

I expected him to be rough when our lips collided, but to my surprise, he took it slow and controlled. His soft, gentle lips caressed my doubts as his other hand snaked its way through my hair to the back of my head, pressing me impossibly closer, feeling we've both waited for a whole eternity for this moment.

My lips moved with a longing against his as if I've kissed him a thousand times before, knowing every curve and corner. His was no different, knowing what I wanted as he took my bottom lip between his teeth, pulling away gently before releasing, "I'm going to get us both out of this alive, Aulora, " he murmured against my lips as I kept my eyes closed, taking pleasure in the moment, caressing his hand I was clasping with my thumb.

"I don't only want us to be-"

"My brothers, Esai and Persephone can and will take care of themselves, " he pulled away slightly, letting me know of that sorrow parting as his hand brushed along my hair, "this is not their first fight, they too will come out of this alive."

I just hummed in response and I basked in his comfort. I would've stayed this way for a lot longer if it wasn't for his reminder, " we need to start getting ready, " his hand left my hair before his thumb passed over my eyelids, forcing me back to reality as I opened my eyes to his, "we only have a couple of hours."

"How long is the drive?"

"I will give you the details later, Miss Murdock-"

"Miss Murdock again?" I raised my brow in question as my hand dropped from his and traced his down the length of his forearm.

"Yes, " he smiled, "after we get back, I'll say your name, Miss Murdock, until then, we can look forward to it, " he stood up, much to my dismay, "for now get ready and I'll be with you shortly."

I nodded and stood up behind him, ready to head to my room where I know a change of clothes will be waiting for me. I start heading in the direction of the door when my arm is tugged, "just because I'm calling you Miss Murdock again doesn't mean I can't kiss you before you leave." Rafeial's velvety voice called as he pulled me back to him, his arms curling around my waist before bowing down his head to meet my lips in a chaste kiss.

"I'll come to get you as soon as you're ready, Miss Murdock." He repeated before letting me go on my way.

As soon as I left his room, I hurried towards mine, nudging the door shut behind me and covered my face with my hands, smiling in them like a freak. It was seemingly impossible to get the image and sensation of Rafeial's kiss out of my mind. My fingers traced over my lips and I couldn't help the shivers that crawled throughout my body. I was in a dream-like state.

In my moment, my eyes fell upon the folded article of clothing and my smile instantly dropped. I walked up to the side of the bed and picked up the grey tank top and the loose jacket laying beside the pair of black leggings.

No matter how good the time with Rafeial felt, I had to now focus on the time ahead for all our sakes, for my Mila. Determination set up through my entire being and started my part in getting ready.

*

Rafeial was true to his words. As soon and I was prepared a knock sounded on my door and I opened the door of a well-dressed, all-ready Rafeial, holding a bag right in his hand. He certainly kept his reputation up with his intimidating appearance. 

I shameless gawked at his back, admiring him in his black suit, as he led the way out of the cabin and into the opening where they were waiting.

I toned down my feelings and straightened my back as we came to a stop near the others. I spotted Mikael and Malakaius both holding a bag similar to Rafeial's and the possibility of wide range of weapons crossed my mind. Of course.

Rafeial started with his tone of power, "the way I know Silas, he won't be bringing Mila Romanov with him and would be there just for Miss Murdock, " he briefly directed his gaze at me beside him before continuing, "so Azra and Persephone will head to his pack, which will be barely guarded due to the fact Miss Murdock and I are meeting him at a location of our chioce. The pathetic man will be bringing most of his forces to aid him." He spat in distaste.

"You three, " he pointed at Mikael, Malakaius and Esai, "you will not disclose your positions until required."

"What about Weston?" I wondered out loud.

"He has been highly sedated and will remain that way until we come back, maybe even longer." Malakaius assured.

Rafeial nodded, "You all know you assigned positions and tasks and I except them to be fulfilled without concern," Rafeial's authoritative voice rang out as they nodded, "then be on your way." With that said, everybody made a move.

Rafeial took a hold of my hand and led me with him all the way up to his car. I made my way to the passenger's seat as he stopped by the boot of his car to drop the bag in before coming to sit beside me in the drivers side.

"It'll take us thirty minutes to get there." he addressed my previous question as he turned the key in the ignition making the car roar to life.

I merely hummed in response as my mind was to wrapped up in what was to come. My fingers fiddled with one another as the car slowly started moving along the road. My gaze was casted downwards and I intended to keep it that way but Rafeil's warm grasp led my eyes to where our hands connected. He pulled onto my hand, taking it out of my lap before lacing our fingers together and resting it on his thigh. His thumb would caress the back of my hand from time to time, ensuring the utmost relaxation which I cherished.

Not one word was spoken in between but I didn't mind that, his presence and touch was enough to keep me accompanied, reaching to me with the warmth and comfort which only calmed my nerves.

I was so caught up in the moment of peace that when the car halted to a stop, I refused to believe we had already reached our destination so soon. My gaze turned towards Rafeial only to find him already looking at me. He unhurriedly raised my hand to his lips, kissing the back of my hand gently before he let go of my hand, "we have to move, " he stated grimly as he proceeded to get out of the car, walking up to my side and opening the door for me to get out.

I stood close to him as he shut the door, zipping up my jacket to protect myself from the harsh bite of the cold night. Rafeial moved to the back, fumbling with the bag he brought along with us and I followed to where he stood, and indeed, it was a wide range of different weapons, "you won't be carrying any weapons, " he uttered as he checked the magazine of his firearm, "he will make sure you're clean of any object that might be a threat to him." Rafeial safely secured the gun in his holster behind his suit jacket.

He picked up another and inspected it before tucking it behind his back, adjusting it between his suit trousers and concealing it under his jacket once again, "but you don't have to worry about that, I'll make sure that bastard doesn't lay his filthy hands on you, " he lastly positioned a sharp blade in his shoes and closed the bag before he locked the car and turned away for it, giving me his full, undivided attention, "you trust me, Miss Murdock?" His question was followed by his hand reaching to tuck the piece of stray hair behind my ear.

"You already know the answer to that, Rafeial." I tilted my head back slightly to get a clear view of him as his warm hand cupped the side of my face.

"I'm going to get us out of this alive, all I need from you is to trust me and my actions." To answer him, my lips found his in a brief encounter.

"I already do," I whispered against his soft lips, breaking off our sweet affection.

"Stay behind me." He distanced himself from my frame, his demeanor suddenly turning stark cold and brutal, radiating off waves of authority and power, quite like the first time I had met him.

I followed close behind him, walking over broken twigs and fallen leaves as we advanced. My heart raced a little faster with every step we took and my palms started to get a little sweaty as my mind played the possible worst-case scenario.

I wasn't given the time to think much longer as the sudden snarls charging towards our position brought me back. In an abrupt movement, Rafeial pulled out his gun and fired multiple shots, "keep your dogs down, Silas, " Rafeial spat, his tone laced with malice, "before you lose more men to stupidity."

We walked over the bodies of the males and into the clearing leading up to the cliff overlooking turbulent waters deep down.

"It is such a delight to see your face once again, my dear mate." Hearing his voice again made me want to gag and choke to death.

"Thank God I can't say the same about you, you bastard." My remark earned several growls from the many present at the sight. My eyes found him standing casually next to another man. He looked the same as the last time I had the misfortune of seeing him. His face only caused hatred and animosity to bubble from deep within me. My eyes scanned the area, and just as Rafeial had said, the area was pretty much packed with his pack warriors. There had to be at least fifty of them staring distastefully at Rafeial and I.

"Where is the other end of the bargain, Silas?" Rafeial calmly questioned, coming to a halt in the middle with me right beside him. He crossed his arms behind his back, the gun still clasped tight in his hand, and waited for his reply.

"So that's what I was forgetting, " he spoke mockingly, "I told you to remind me, Nella." He looked behind me, shaking his head and my eyes followed his gaze. I had nearly missed the figure mounted on top of the branch, Nella, I presumed. Maybe Silas' new which.

"You're still a shit of an Alpha, the same as last time I saw you," Rafeial stated calmly, "and since your forgot your side of the deal, I'm not handing over Aulora Murdock."

"Are you so sure about that?" Silas, being the overdramatic bitch that he is, snapped his fingers together and I waited. Seconds passed and still there was nothing.

"Don't tell me you're trying to overpower me by using some witch, " Rafeial's dark chuckle sounded from within his chest, "your pathetic attempts to take over really do take away from your reputation."

Rafeial had managed to get under Silas' nerves so easily as he huffed in fury, shouting out his words, "Nella, get that bitch instead!"

Not a moment passed and I felt pain erupting from within my core. I held the strong urge to scream from the agony spreading throughout my body. This felt so familiar. The agonizing sensation felt the same, only more severe, as the time I lost my consciousness in the forest behind my pack.

A shaky whimper escaped past my lips, bringing Rafeial's attention to my being. I saw the concern flash in the browns of his eyes but he hid it quite well and faced Silas, "you think targeting her would cause me to bow down to you?" Rafeial seemed not at all fazed by my pain and that annoyed Silas, and seeing Silas in that state actually eased my discomfort.

He angry eyes only stared behind me, no doubt commanding Nella, and I braced myself. A new, much sharper wave of pain stung my being, raging a fire inside every part of my body and my legs gave up under me causing me to meet the floor.

I caught a glimpse of Rafeial's tightened fist but he did not look back at me, "you're testing my patience, mutt." Rafeial spoke calmly but the underlying rage was evident.

"What did you just say?" Silas took offense to his words and with a flick of his hand, several men charged at Rafeial.

Rafeial only lifted his hand and aimed at the oncoming enemies before firing, causing Silas' men to drop dead to the ground like flies.

With Rafeial being so preoccupied, neither he nor I noticed Silas, who crept up on me and grabbed me by my hair, dragging me away from my safety, away from Rafeial.

My howl of pain captured Rafeial's attention in an instant and he was quick to aim at Silas, "I will not hesitate, Silas."

"Don't tell me you developed feeling for this bitch." Silas roared in laughter.

"I will not hand her over unless the other side of the bargain is met." Rafeial denied his words and stood his ground.

"You take one step closer or try anything, " I felt the burn even before it came in contact with my skin, "I will drive this blade through her heart." Silas pressed the sharp point of the silver knife into my chest, drawing a speck of blood.

"Now pass your gun over to me." He commanded but upon seeing Rafeial not doing as asked, he lightly pushed the knife, causing it to tear my skin and I couldn't help the cry of pain.

I heard the gun drop next to me and Silas was quick to remove his hand from my hair and grab it, "cease him!" From under nodded eyes, I saw Silas' men jump Rafeial, tugging at both of his arms and holding them behind his back. Rafeial remained calm throughout it all, his focus never steering away from my figure.

"Who has the upper hand now, huh?" Silas mocked as he dragged me up to the cliff, "seems like tonight a lover will be greeted with the corpse of his beloved," he smirked. His eyes moving from me to my Rafeial who now also had a knife, no doubt silver, placed at his throat.

Silas threw me towards the edge, "you have a choice," I looked at him and his men with rage-filled eyes but he only chuckled, "choose wisely," he nodded his head towards the Rafeial who stood next to him in silence and even with a knife at his throat, he was as calm as ever.

My attempt to stand up was a success but my leg still shook lightly, threatening to give up underneath me. My gaze switched between Rafeial and Silas and I made my decision.

There was no fucking way I was giving Silas the satisfaction of my death. My eyes found Rafeial once again and I caught me already looking straight at me. The knife at his throat caught my attention and I knew it wouldn't cause Rafeial that much damage. I knew he would be okay. I looked deep into those browns and Rafeial slightly gave me a single nod, letting me know I had his trust and his support if anything went south at any moment.

At last, my eyes fell upon the bastard who seemed to be a little too proud of himself, assuming he has accomplished it all. I took a step closer in his direction and he was quick to raise the gun he took from Rafeial at me, "come closer and I will blow your brains out!" he pointed the gun at me in a rather immature manner, giving away his inability to know how to use it.

The cold wind blew past me as the moonlit the cliff my determined self was standing on, "you want me to jump off the cliff and die, " I took a step closer as I saw the fear flash in his eyes, "bitch, you first!" I turned to jump at him but he blindly fired a shot, making me jerk back violently at the impact as an intense pain erupted right below my collarbone.

Time had to have slowed down from this point on.

The white noise rang loudly in my ear as I looked down at my chest, my hand reaching to touch the wound, staining my fingers with my own blood. I felt the blood trickle down my front, causing my tank top to stick to my skin.

My gaze found Rafeial, who was fighting off an army of Silas' men and he caught my stare for a fraction of a second as a single tear escaped my eye and slid down my cheek. My feet stumbled to keep me up, and soon enough I lost my balance and my ground, falling back over the cliff, down the long drop.

Never would have I imagined my death this way.

***
Hello, lovelies! Another chapter is down with a shocking end, to say the least. Let me know what you thought about that...

Also, as you may have noticed, the scene described here is a little different than the one in the description of the book on the front page and that is because I wrote the description of this book years ago when this book had no specific direction. But now, you could see, hopefully, that this one above is more accurate with the recent events.

This certainly does not mean I will go and change the description because I only see that and realise the progress, and besides, it isn't that bad.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapter and don't shy away from venting (because of the end of the chapter) or fangirling (because they FINALLY kissed) in the comments. I'd love to read what you thought about it all.

Stay safe, my loves.

Yours Truly;
J. N. Light.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 24.5K 11
I was almost to the door when I remembered the leather jacket I brought. I turned back to the room and just as I entered the most wonderful smell hit...
2.3M 57.9K 42
| Highest rank #1 in Werewolf | Completed+Edited (This is only the first draft so there might be some mistakes here and there.) Spin-off to His Luna:...
4.9M 158K 59
"You may think you're the strongest and the most feared, but I would never be scared of you." I growled while my back hit the wall. He continues to...
1.2K 4 25
Alpha Xerox had always hated rogues. Something about them annoyed the shit out of him. After all he lost his family to rogues making him take the Alp...