𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐒𝐨 𝐈𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭...

By kirstenenn

Shy, innocent Eliza Rosier accidentally walks into rude and ignorant Draco Malfoy. Draco begins to question w... More

TW/cast
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN (!!!)
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT (!!!)
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR (!!!)
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX

FIFTY-SEVEN

13.7K 420 536
By kirstenenn

E L I Z A

Cold air surrounded me and my body became soaked from rain as I was dragged outside. I couldn't see with whatever was over my head but I could hear the roaring thunder and distant screams. I kicked my legs and gripped the arm that was around my body, keeping me from fleeing. A strong hand was covering my mouth so my attempted screams were useless. My fight was a waste.

I had no time to wonder what was going on and why, all I wanted to was get away. Where was Draco? Where was anyone? And who was holding me, dragging me into the unknown?

All I knew was that I was terrified.

With harsh and violent force, my back was shoved against a hard, bumpy wall. Like the ones in the courtyard—was that where I was?

"If I remove my hand, you need to be quiet—we haven't got much time," I stilled at that familiar voice. Chills crawled up my spine and my heart beat harder, faster.

"I don't want to have to hurt you," he seethed, this time his vicious voice was quieter but just as deadly. The warning was sharp in his tone.

I nodded my head, which was still covered by a black fabric sack. As much as I wanted to scream the second his hand was removed, I knew better than that. And just then, his hand shakily disappeared from my mouth and the black sack was pulled from my head.

My hair had become a mess and my eyes didn't need to adjust to the morning sun because there was no sun at all. It was dark. Utterly dark.

Another boom of thunder cracked in the sky as I met Noah Avarias' dark eyes, "hello, little witch."

He looked the same, just as evil and menacing but something was different about him. His hair was longer and more disheveled. His eyes were hollow and tired. His cheekbones are deeper and his jaw sharper. Even his voice, it wasn't as teasing, it was quieter, deeper. He looked slimmer, less destructive. Weaker.

For a moment, I felt like I should be concerned but then I remembered who he was.

"My father is here," Noah said and I broke out of whatever trance I had been sucked into. The fear returned and this time, I felt it harsher.

"What—?" I uttered because I was both terrified and confused about why he was telling me.

"You think that this is all my doing. That I am this evil villain out to get his revenge," Noah spoke rapidly and quietly, and his hands held a firm grip on my shoulders, "and although I have every right to seek that revenge. This is darker. My father—he is. . . worse. More angrier. And he has a message for you. He wants to meet you."

I had a terrible feeling that this wasn't going to be any ordinary meeting or simple introduction.

"What is going on?" I seethed through the breath I was holding.

"I have no time to tell you," Noah quickly let out, his eyes darkening with rage and anger which only made me more scared, "just know. . . that I am sorry—"

Before I could process his words or realize that he had apologised. The dark cloud that was looming above us began swirling and a flash of lightning snapped through the sky. This wasn't a storm from mother nature, no this was dark magic. Noah pulled the black sack down over my head once again and he yanked me to his side.

Tears began to fall down my cheeks. I couldn't help them—I was so, so awfully scared. Was this it? Was I about to be killed? Killed for something I didn't do?

I couldn't see but I could tell I was now walking into the openness of the courtyard. I heard muffled cries and breathless sobs.

"I see I have got your attention," A man's voice called out, echoing somewhere close to me. Just the sound of his voice made my heart beat faster.

Noah's father.

Noah's hands tightened on my arms.

"You all have met my son and now it's time you meet me," the man announced louder, "I am Michael Averias and my vengeance is soon to fall upon you all. . . It is only out of my politeness that I introduce myself."

The muffled sobs and cries grew louder. I thought of Draco and where he was. I hoped he was somewhere safe, not here. He does not deserve to watch me die. My friends too, I hope they are far from here.

"Oh don't look so scared, children," Micheal declared. It seemed strange giving him a name, giving someone who sounded like the devil a name felt wrong, "this was brought upon yourselves. But one girl here has more blame on her hands."

Noah's hand tightened again on my shoulder and then I was shoved forward. No, no, no—I tried to force my legs still but Noah's force was stronger. My feet skidded through the tiny holes of the back fabric over my head, I saw a dark figure holding his arm out.

Please. Please. Please. I wanted to beg but no words left my mouth, only quiet, weak cries. In the distance, I heard a commotion. Yelling? Screaming? I couldn't tell. I was too focused on trying to escape. But it was a useless fight.

"Now this girl may look innocent but I can assure you there is nothing innocent or pure about her," Michael seethed, hatred and revolt lacing every word that spat out his mouth. I was facing him, I could tell by the way his hand gripped my shoulder, then Noah's restraint disappeared and I wanted his hands on me again because this was far worse. Micheal made his son's hand feel safe.

I felt unwell. Sick.

Then, roughly the sack was yanked off my head and I was met with the devil himself. Dark eyes. Pure black, full of evil. Hair just as dark and long but slicked back. He looked just like Noah but older, stronger, scarier. Every nerve in my body was on alert and screaming at me to run. Run. Run.

"Hello, Eliza," he growled, his chin raising as he took in every inch of my face, disgust curling his lip upward. He was made in the dirt of hell and now walked the earth as something wickedly handsome.

"This girl—" Micheal gripped my arm and turned me to face the courtyard of students and professors all on their knees, looking up at me with fear and worry. I was taken aback, "—this girl's family murdered mine with utter cruelty. Butchered them all because of the blood that ran through their veins. Because they were more powerful. They died because of jealousy. Men. Women. Children. All innocent."

I shook my head, no. I didn't. "I didn't." I cried.

Micheal turned my body and I faced him again, "But you did. You may not have witnessed it or felt their innocent blood on your hands but your ancestors did and you will pay for it."

I am not a murderer. I am not evil. But he sure as hell made me feel like it. He made me feel like I deserved to die. I was then forced to my knees by two cloaked figures, their hoods drooping low beneath their noses. All I could feel was fear as a dreadful realization weighed me down—I was going to be killed.

D R A C O

Snape had held of me. And I felt dizzy with rage and violent worry dazed me. It had all happened so fast, one moment I was trying to get Eliza and myself through that crowd. Then she was gone. I panicked and began shouting her name until Theo found me and led me out with the rest of the crowd.

He had assured me he had seen her with Blaise and Daphne but I now realize that was a lie to get me to calm down. To follow him and the rest of the school out into the courtyard. The regret in Theo's eyes when he saw Eliza up there with Noah and his monster of a father was gut wrenching.

When I saw Noah lead her out of the shadows, everything seemed to freeze. I couldn't move. Could not speak. Even with that sack over her head, I knew it was her. It was only when I saw her petrified, scared face that I became manic. I came back to my senses and began yelling her name. But I was all the way at the back, she would not be able to hear me.

If I had kept walking, I would have been closer. I would have been able to do something.

Theo had grabbed my arm in a strong, painful grip and I would have punched him across the face if it wasn't for Snape grabbing hold of my other arm. I caught against them as tears began to fall out of my eyes and enraged outcries came from my lips.

They shoved Eliza to her knees and all I could do was watch.

"Stop it," Snape seethed in my ear, "your foolish attempts at being the hero will only get you killed."

He was right. I gave up trying to fight my way out of his hold and settled down but my breathing was deep and heavy. My heart was racing so fast I thought it might burst out of my chest.

My chin was dipped but I looked up under my dark, furrowed brows. Eliza was on her knees in front of Micheal. Noah stood to her left with an expression which looked disgusted. I was frozen with anger. My blood had turned cold. I seemed to have calmed down but I had not, I was just waiting to pounce.

If Snape's hand was not still gripping me, I would already be shoving my way through the crowd of scared students.

I watched carefully as Micheal knelt down in front of Eliza and I saw the way she shrank as he raised his hand to her face. My entire body tensed at that moment. If he harmed her, I was certain not even Snape's painfully rough hold would not be able to restrain me.

But Micheal only tucked her hair behind her ear, shaking his head and saying something I couldn't hear from all this way back.

"What is he doing?" Theo muttered from beside me, "Why is no one doing anything? Where is Dumbledore?"

"That man is far beyond us and a school headmaster," Snape voiced, his tone rough and sharp. Full of disdain and disgust.

Eliza looked up at Micheal—Merlin, she looked so scared—and then announced to the crowd, "Once I am finished with this one, no one will ever harm my family again. You all will learn to fear me. . . if you do not already."

Micheal stood to his feet and brushed his hands on his cloak as though he had touched some filth. Eliza was not filth. Dark thoughts consumed me—how dare he.

Micheal walked away, into the shadows of the bridge, and a crack of thunder followed his dismissal and his son, Noah followed behind him with the rest of his bastard followers. Even when Micheal was gone, the crowd remained still.

They were gone. That was it. They just wanted to scare her.

Even when the gray clouds faded and the courtyard gleamed with the bright morning sun, no one dared move.

But not me—I shoved my arm out of Snape's hold and he let me go. I pushed my way through the crowd. Some students were crying, some were frozen with fear, and some stared with pitiful eyes at Eliza, who remained on her knees, not seeming to notice the courtyard of students before her.

"Get out of my way," I seethed at the students and they reluctantly opened a gap in the crowd for me to pass as I neared the front.

It was then I noticed Dumbledore, Mcgonagoll and Madam Pomfrey running up from the left. Dumbledore reached his hand out for Eliza's shoulder and when he touched her, Eliza flinched, her eyes darting up to the old man.

I finally reached Eliza, stopping in front of her but my anger was too deep to stay silent, "You decide to show up now?"

Dumbledore turned to me, looking down at me with a hazed expression. But it was Mcgonagoll who said, "There was nothing we could do."

"I knew he would not harm her, Mr Malfoy," Dumbledore said.

I scoffed, turning my head and noticed the crowd of students were all walking away, professors shoving them back into the castle. I turned back to Dumbledore, "how exactly?" I asked him, "You told her this school was safe for her!"

"I did, and it is," Dumbledore assured.

"It really fucking seems that way—" I could not care to control my foul use of words. I was more than angry.

"Mr Malfoy," Mcgonagoll warned, authority leaking from her tone, "now is not the time for this conversation. Eliza needs Pomfrey's help, so please, help us bring her to the wing. She will need you there."

I looked down at Eliza who was still frozen in time. Her eyes were petrified but seemed to be in a hell of their own. She was shaking and her face had paled. Suddenly, my anger seeped away and I crouched down beside her.

"Eliza?" I muttered softly.

But her eyes never met mine. My heart ached.

"I think she is in shock," Pomfrey said, stepping in front of Mcgonagoll and Dumbledore, "she needs to be brought to my wing."

And so I stood, bringing Eliza to her feet as I did so. She stood and walked along with me but it was like she was sleepwalking. She was not conscious. Even though her eyes were open and tears leaked from them.

We passed Theo, Pansy, Blaise and Daphne who stood with concerned faces and a few other students who had remained to watch like this was some spectacle. I had no time to be angry at them. No time to voice my opinions. Eliza needed help, and I intended to do everything I could to help her.

--------------------------------------------------
Copyright © Kirsten Enn

Insta & TikTok @ Kirsten.enn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314 96 19
Since her first year, Estrella "Star" Gonzalez had relentlessly pursued the icy and arrogant Draco Malfoy, determined to capture his heart. However...
436 80 11
[Draco Malfoy x female MC] **PREVIOUSLY TITLED LOVE IS MAE** It's been eleven years since the Battle of Hogwarts, eleven years since Mae Pond last se...
409 2 49
Draco Malfoy's dark past, present, and possibly future, limits his wanted interaction with other students. But when he notices the new supposed mudbl...
31.1K 222 31
Y/n Malfoy, twin of Draco Malfoy, has been going to Beauxbatons until she is given a task to steal the Elder wand to become a death eater like the re...