Cold Hearted | Damon Salvatore

By ShanayaSalvatore

(currently editing) "Before he met her he was nothing but a cold heart" [BOOK ONE OF ARIA CONNOR SERIES] [TH... More

cold hearted
act one
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
Act Two
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
Act Three
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
Act Four
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
Act Five
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
Act Six
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
Act Seven
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
Act Eight
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
Sequel!

fifteen

10.7K 284 692
By ShanayaSalvatore

15. All My Children

Hearing a knock on her door, Elena walked down the stairs and opened her door, to her shock, Elijah was standing on the other side.

"Elena" Elijah greeted.

"Elijah" Elena whispered shocked.

"I don't mean to intrude" Elijah said, "I was hoping you might accompany me, I wanna show you something".

***

Aria groaned hearing the doorbell ring continuously, she knew Caroline and Liz weren't home to answer the door, so against her will she had to get out of her comfy bed and answer the door.

"This better be important" A sleepy Aria said, rubbing her eyes and opening the front door without even looking to see who it was.

"Did I wake you?".

Aria looked up and saw Kol standing infront of her, "Kol? What are you doing here this early?".

"I was wondering if you would spend the day with me" Kol replied, confusing Aria, "We haven't gotten any time to catch up with each other, and I know you must have a million questions for me, so spending today with me will give me a chance to answer all your questions".

Aria gave Kol a small smile, "Do I have to get out of my pyjamas?".

Kol chuckled, "No you don't".

"Okay, come in, let me just grab my phone and we'll leave" Aria said, stepping aside to let Kol in.

"Take your time" Kol assured, stepping into the Forbes house.

***

"Forgot how much I missed this land" Elijah said, getting out of the car with Elena.

"I can't even imagine what it must have been like a thousand years ago" Elena said.

"You know your school was built over an Indian village" Elijah informed, "Where I saw my first werewolf, the town square was where the natives would gather to worship, matter of fact, near that there was a field, where wild horses used to graze".

"That's incredible" Elena said fascinated.

"Come" Elijah said, leading Elena to the huge rocks.

"Do you know this place too?" Elena asked.

"I do" Elijah replied, "Below us is a cavern I used to play in as a boy, connects to a system of tunnels that stretch across the entire area", Elijah kneeled down, "Nature's way of providing us with shelter against the savagery of the full moon, my mother said there must be a balance".

"Elijah, I should probably go home" Elena said, starting to doubt Elijah's intentions.

"I know what you did Elena" Elijah said, standing up and facing a shocked Elena, "I know you have woken my mother up, that's the reason you didn't attend the ball my family hosted last night".

"I wasn't invited" Elena defended.

"Yet that didn't stop your boyfriend from coming, so I highly doubt it would have stopped you" Elijah said.

"It's not true, I didn't wake your mother up" Elena lied, not realising the Original was listening to her heartbeat, which jumped when she lied.

"I can hear your heartbeat" Elijah said, "It jumps when you're dishonest, my siblings don't know what you did Elena, because if they did you would not have been standing infront of me right now, if you don't want me to inform my siblings, tell me the truth about my mother and her intentions in coming back".

"I never wanted this to happen" Elena said, scared of the Original infront of her, "I never wanted for her to be in danger but it was the only way to get rid of Klaus".

"What, Elena?" Elijah snapped, worry rising in his heart hearing Elena's words.

"We were told that whatever was gonna be in that coffin was gonna kill Klaus" Elena admitted, "When we opened it, it was your mother and opening the coffin woke her up".

"Where is she now?" Elijah asked.

"She was at Bonnie's last night, but this morning Bonnie called me saying she's missing, she just left a note behind saying she's going to finish what she started" Elena replied.

"What did she start?" Elijah asked, his patient running low with the doppelganger.

"Last night, she asked to meet me at Bonnie's, I thought that maybe she could help" Elena said, "That she would find a way to kill Klaus, but it's not just Klaus that she wants to kill".

"She wants to kill us all, doesn't she?" Elijah realised, anger shown clearly on his face, "She wants to undo the evil she created".

"She doesn't want to kill just you and your siblings Elijah, she also wants to kill Aria" Elena admitted, making Elijah even more furious.

Elijah wrapped his hand around Elena's neck and slammed her to the nearest tree.

"You are helping my mother kill the girl you once claimed was your best friend?!" Elijah asked.

"I-I'm sorry" Elena whispered, having trouble breathing, "I had no choice, I wish there was something I could do to help, but I can't".

Elijah let go of Elena, "You know, one thing I've learned in my time on this earth, be careful what you wish for".

Elena looked at Elijah in confusion, but before she could ask any questions, Elijah stomped on the ground, creating a hole that led right into the caves below, he then grabbed Elena and jumped into the hole.

***

"Kol I'm going to fall" Aria said, clutching on Kol's arm tightly as his hand covered her eyes, while they walked in the woods.

"Trust me Ri, I'm not going to let you fall, have some faith in me" Kol said.

"Where are you even taking me?" Aria asked.

"Somewhere special" Kol replied.

"Special for who?" Aria asked confused.

"For me and you" Kol replied, "Okay, we are here, I'm removing my hand now".

After Kol removed her hand, Aria opened her eyes and the sight infront of her left her speechless.

"This place is still here?" Aria asked, looking at the all to familiar lake infront of her in shock.

"It's always been here" Kol said, walking infront of Aria and sitting on the lake's edge, "You coming?".

"How did you even know this place still exist?" Aria asked confused, walking over to Kol, "And how is it exactly the same as my memories?".

Kol grabbed Aria's hand and made her sit next to him, he then grabbed her hand, and placed it on the ground, "Close your eyes".

"What?" Aria asked.

"Close your eyes Ri, and feel the ground, you will know why this place looks the same" Kol replied.

Aria followed Kol's instruction and closed her eyes and focused her full attention on the ground her hand was touching.

"Oh my god" Aria said, opening her eyes in shock, "Magic, this place is surrounded by magic".

Kol nodded, "This place was extremely special for me and you, this is the place me and you became friends, this is the place we realised we were more then friends, we had our first kiss here, even our first I love you was here, we were even supposed to get married here, I couldn't let time take this place from me, so I had some witches do a spell, a spell that would preserve this place till you returned, this lake can't be seen by other people, only me, you and my siblings can find this place".

"How do I find this place if I want to ever come back?" Aria asked curiously.

"Just close your eyes and let your instincts guide you" Kol replied, "Your instincts are much stronger then you think Ri".

***

"Aria didn't message you?" Alaric asked shocked, when Damon called him asking where Aria was.

"Message me what?" Damon asked confused, "I tried calling her but she's not answering her phone or replying to my messages".

"Aria messaged me and Caroline, telling us she's spending the day with Kol" Alaric replied, angering Damon, "Kol picked her up in the morning, I figured she told you as well".

"No, she didn't tell me" Damon snapped.

Alaric sighed, "She might have thought that you didn't care".

"What do you mean I don't care?" Damon asked in anger, "I care the most, how can you even say that Ric?".

"Damon, when Aria needed you to be there for her, when she called you over twenty times you switched your phone off, you answered Caroline's call but not Aria's, and then after the one dance you both shared at the Mikaelson ball, you went MIA, you've been ignoring her, you can't blame her for doing the same" Alaric snapped.

Damon sighed, "I screwed up, didn't I? I let my insecurity about Kol come between me and Ria, the one thing I promised wouldn't happen".

"Yeah you did buddy" Alaric said, "Now, wait till Aria comes back, sit down with her and talk it out, properly, without any attitude, am I clear?".

"Crystal" Damon said, a horrible feeling rising in his heart, he felt like something really big was going to happen today, something that might cause him to lose Aria forever.

***

"I found a book" Aria said, after a few minutes of silence, "It was a book about each of the Connor witches, it told their whole life story, it was written by a K.M, was that you?".

Kol smiled, "I'm surprised you found that book".

"Why are you surprised?" Aria asked confused.

"Because there's only one copy of that book" Kol informed.

"So you did write it?" Aria asked, Kol nodded, "How did you know so much about them, you even knew about Damon and Natalie's love, something they kept hidden from everyone for years".

"Through the Gemini coven" Kol revealed.

"The Gemini coven?" Aria asked confused.

"You saved a coven of witches once Ri, you saved them from getting extinct, and since then they devoted their life to you and the people you care about, that coven was called the Gemini coven" Kol informed, "They were the ones who helped with the spell to bring you back, they helped me make the elixir for Nik's ritual, they preserved this place, everything magical, they did for me".

"How did the Gemini coven help you with writing the book?" Aria asked curiously.

"Every ten years, I would meet the coven again, making sure they stayed out of trouble, I couldn't let your efforts go to waste, and in return of me protecting them they would show me visions" Kol replied.

"Visions of what?" Aria asked confused.

"The Connor witches, I needed to know if you were back or not, so every ten years the coven did a huge spell, a spell that would take more then ten witches to do, it was to show me who the current Connor witch was and everything about their life, it was the only way I could find you when you returned" Kol explained.

"But when I returned, you were daggered" Aria said.

"The last vision the Gemini coven showed me was of Natalie Connor, the last Connor witch alive, or so we thought, getting killed because of Katherine's compulsion" Kol said, "After seeing that, I lost my mind, I couldn't think straight so I did the one thing I promised you I would never do".

"What?" Aria asked.

"I turned my humanity off" Kol admitted, not looking into Aria's eyes, he didn't want to see the disappointment in them, "I didn't know that Natalie had put a protection spell on her niece, she protected her from all and any magic, your guys magic is very powerful, it's hard for a witch to break it, which is why the Gemini coven couldn't sense Natalie's niece, so after Natalie's death I went on a killing rampage, I killed anyone and everyone who came in my way, I didn't care anymore, once I lost you, I lost everything, it came to the point that I started gaining Mikael's attention, he was getting closer to us each day, so Elijah and Nik decided they needed to get my humanity back on, which they eventually did, but even with my humanity on, I didn't care, it was like without you I couldn't be anything but a monster, so Nik eventually had to dagger me".

"How did they turn your humanity on?" Aria asked.

"By going into my head and showing me all your memories" Kol replied, "It was probably one of the worst ways they could use to turn my humanity back on, but it worked, well kind of".

"You know I'm not mad at you, right?" Aria asked, knowing all to well Kol thought she was mad at him.

"Why not?" Kol asked, "I broke my promise to you, I became a monster".

"Hey, look at me" Aria replied, making Kol face her, "You're not a monster, you were heartbroken, as a human I know how heartbreak feels, I don't want to imagine how it must have felt like a vampire, specially when you love some like you loved me".

"Love" Kol corrected.

"What?" Aria asked confused.

"I still love you Ri" Kol admitted, making Aria look at him wide eyed, "But I promise, I will never try to come between you and Damon, he makes you happy, and that's all I want for you, I just want you to be happy".

"Do you think you will ever love someone, even half as much as you love me?" Aria asked.

"I can't Ri" Kol whispered, "I can't get my heart to feel for anyone else".

"I don't know what I feel for you" Aria admitted, "I know I feel something, but I don't know what that something is, but I know what I feel for Damon, Kol I don't want you to have any false hope, I love Damon, I don't know if I can love anyone as much as I love him".

Kol sighed, "I don't know what the future holds for us Ri, I don't know if we even have a future, but I don't care, I don't need you to love me, but I do need you in my life, even if it's as my friend".

Aria gave Kol a small smile and then pulled him into a hug, Kol gladly hugging her back.

***

"I can't find her anywhere" Stefan said, entering his house, "Aria's also missing".

"Hello, Stefan" Elijah greeted, shocking the younger Salvatore.

"Aria's not missing, she's with Kol" Damon informed his brother, a bitter tone in his voice, "And Elijah has your girlfriend".

"Actually, she's with Rebekah" Elijah corrected, "As you can imagine, my sister is just dying to tear her throat out, so if you want to save Elena's life, I need you to help me stop my mother".

"I don't want to save Elena's life" Damon snapped, "For all I care, she can die a very painful death".

"But you do care about Ariana, do you not?" Elijah asked.

"What does Aria have to do with this?" Stefan asked confused.

"You're girlfriend didn't tell you?" Elijah asked, "She basically signed Ariana's death certificate".

"What are you on about Elijah?" Damon asked, worry rising in his heart, "What did Elena do?".

"My mother isn't just planning on killing me and my siblings, she's also planning on killing Ariana" Elijah revealed, shocking both the brothers, "Which is why you both need to stop her".

"How do you kill a thousand year old resurrected witch?" Damon asked, ready to rip Esther and Elena's heart out.

"Unfortunately, even when killed, my mother doesn't seem to want to stay dead" Elijah replied, "Not with the spirits of nature at her side".

"So, what are we supposed to do?" Stefan asked.

"The witches that released my mother" Elijah replied, "She's drawing her power from their bloodline, that line needs to be broken".

"Broken?" Stefan asked confused.

"Killed Stefan" Damon snapped, on the edge since finding out about Aria being in danger, "He means we need to kill them".

"You know I'd do it myself but I have absolutely no idea where they are" Elijah said, "Besides, seeing me, they'd immediately know my intent, they won't expect to be harmed by the likes of you, in any case you have until six minutes after nine to find them, by 9:07 the moon will be full and my mother will have the power she needs to kill me, my family and Ariana, if you do not stop her before then Rebekah will kill Elena and both of you will lose Ariana, so we all have our timeline, I suggest you get started".

What Elijah, Stefan and Damon didn't know, what Elena never told Elijah was that Esther wasn't going to channel the Bennett's, she was going to channel Aria, and to break the link, Aria was going to get seriously hurt.

***

Finn and Klaus sat at the Mystic Grill bar, the two brothers decided it was about time they had some bonding time, and what better way then Klaus introducing Finn to the various alcohols.

"How do people even like this?" Finn said, shaking his head in disgust, "It's so bitter".

"Get used to it Finn, this is just the start" Klaus said, looking at his older brother in amusement.

"Excuse me" A waiter said, walking over to Finn and Klaus, "Which one of you is Klaus?".

"Who looks too full of themself?" Finn asked, making Klaus roll his eyes.

"Ignore him, his age makes him bitter" Klaus said, this time making Finn roll his eyes, "I'm Klaus, how can I help you?".

"Your girlfriend is asking for you outside" The waiter replied, shocking both the brothers.

"You have a girlfriend?", "I have a girlfriend?" Finn and Klaus asked simultaneously.

"Yeah, someone named Caroline Forbes?" The waiter said, making Klaus smile, "She said it's important".

"Well then, we must not keep her waiting" Klaus said, standing up.

"Seriously?" Finn asked, looking at his brother in amusement.

"Keep your mouth shut" Klaus warned, knowing his brother's look, "And stay put, I'll be back".

"Yeah, yeah" Finn whispered, as Klaus walked outside.

Finn stared at the drink in his hand in disgust, he pushed it away from him and got up to use the bathroom, he was about to enter the bathroom, when suddenly Matt came up behind him and daggered him.

"Take him, now!" Matt said, shoving a unconscious Finn into Stefan's arms.

Knowing Damon wasn't going to help him save Elena, Stefan decided to take things in his own hand, he knew the Originals were all linked, if one of them got daggered all of them did, so he along with Matt made a plan to dagger Finn, to make sure Rebekah doesn't harm Elena, at first Matt was apprehensive but once knowing both his friends were in danger, Matt knew he had to do something, not knowing daggering Finn also hurt Aria.

***

"Please" Aria pleaded.

"No Ri" Kol said sternly.

"Pretty please".

"Nope".

"Kol!".

"Aria!".

"I want my memories back Kol" Aria said.

"No you don't Ri" Kol said.

"Yes I do".

"No you don't".

"Give me one reason as to why I shouldn't get my memories back" Aria challenged.

"Because then you will know what your brother did to you Ri!" Kol blurted out, confusing Aria, "And I don't want you to remember that".

"My brother?" Aria asked confused, "What did my brother do?".

"Ri--".

"Kol, tell me" Aria said stubbornly, making Kol sigh, he knew hiding this from Aria was wrong, he needed to tell her but he didn't know how she will react.

"He--".

Before Kol could tell Aria the truth, he clutched his chest in pain and suddenly he started desiccating.

"Kol!" Aria yelled, "Kol, what's wrong?".

Aria suddenly let out a yell when pain shot in her chest, she felt like someone had just stabbed her, the pain caused Aria to fall unconscious right next to Kol.

***

Klaus came outside Mystic Grill, but frowned when there was no sign of Caroline, taking his phone, he searched for Caroline's number, Aria having saved the number on his phone despite his protest, something he was grateful for now.

"Hello?" Caroline answered.

"Caroline" Klaus said, "Where are you?".

"Me?" Caroline asked confused, "I'm at home, why?".

"If you were at home, why did you call me to meet you outside the Grill?" Klaus asked confused.

"What are you on about Klaus?" Caroline asked confused, "I never asked you to meet me outside the Grill".

Before Klaus could say anything else, he felt a weird sensation in his chest, he looked back at the Grill in shock, "Finn".

"What?" Caroline asked confused, "Klaus, what's going on, is everything okay?".

"I'll talk to you later" Klaus said, hanging up on a worried Caroline and running back into the Grill to find his older brother.

***

Stefan dragged an unconscious Finn through the back door of the Mystic Grill, when suddenly a furious Klaus speeded over to him, he took the dagger out of his brother and slammed Stefan on to the wall.

"I should have killed you a long time ago" Klaus told Stefan.

"Do whatever you want, that's not going to stop your mother from killing you" Stefan taunted, confusing Klaus.

"What did you say about my mother?" Klaus asked, taking a threatening step towards the younger Salvatore.

"You didn't know that we woke her up?" Stefan taunted, "Turns out, she hates you as much as I do".

Klaus went to attack Stefan, when Elijah and Damon came over to the duo.

"Leave him" Elijah said, stopping his brother, Klaus turned towards Elijah and Damon, "We still need him, Niklaus".

"Do you even realise what you did?!" Damon yelled, walking over to his brother and punching him.

"I did what you weren't doing, saving Elena and Aria" Stefan spat.

"Aria doesn't need saving, specially not from you!" Damon yelled, "By daggering Finn, you hurt Aria, she's linked with them Stefan, anything you do to them, affects her!".

"What did our so called mother do this time?!" Klaus asked Elijah, interrupting Damon and Stefan, "What did she do, Elijah?".

Elijah ignored his brother and faced the younger Salvatore, "You tell me where the witches are or I'll have my sister kill Elena right now".

"You told me we had until after nine" Stefan said.

"I"m sure Rebekah would be more than happy to start her work early" Elijah said.

***

Kol groaned and slowly woke up, "Bloody hell".

Kol slowly sat up and looked at his surrounding in confusion, for a second he didn't know where he was, but as soon as reality crashed he looked to his side to see an unconscious Aria laying next to him.

"Aria!" Kol yelled, placing his arm under Aria's neck and lifting her up, "Wake up Aria, please wake up!", Kol bit into his wrist and tried feeding Aria's his blood, "Come on, come on please".

After a moment, Aria woke up with a gasp.

"Oh thank god" Kol said, pulling Aria into his chest, "Thank god".

"What happened?" Aria asked, "Why does my chest hurt so much?".

"I don't know" Kol admitted, worried about the girl in his arms, "But whatever it is, something tells me it isn't going to be good".

***

After Klaus and Elijah left to deal with their mother, Stefan and Damon went to deal with the Bennett's, Damon didn't want to team up with Stefan, but he was the only one who knew where Bonnie and Abby were, so against his better judgement, he agreed to work with Stefan to save both Elena and Aria.

"So how do we know they'll be at the old witch house?" Damon asked, not wanting to waste anymore time.

"Bonnie told me" Stefan replied, "We need to hurry, we have ten minutes until Rebekah tears Elena apart".

"And Aria dies" Damon said, going to open his door.

"You know, if we sit this out, Esther completes her spell, Klaus and his whole family die, I get my revenge, maybe then we can be brothers again" Stefan said, making Damon look at him in anger.

"The result of me being your brother, is me losing the girl I love" Damon snapped.

"You're already losing her" Stefan snapped.

"Just shut up Stefan" Damon snapped, "I'm not sitting here and wasting anymore time talking to you".

Without hearing Stefan's reply, Damon got out of the car and walked towards the witches house, ready to kill anyone and anything to save Aria's life.

***

After dropping Aria at Caroline's, Kol met up with his brothers, who told him their mother's plan, all four of them then went into the woods to deal with their mother.

"My sons, come forward" Esther said, seeing her sons walk towards her.

Kol tried entering the pentagon Esther was standing in, but failed as there was a unknown barrier surrounding her.

"That's lovely, we're stuck out here while our mother uses us as sacrificial lambs" Kol said.

"Be quiet Kol" Esther said.

"Whatever you think of us, killing your own children would be an atrocity" Elijah snapped.

"My only regret is that I did not let you die a thousand years ago" Esther said.

"Enough, all this talk is boring me" Klaus snapped.

"Kol and Klaus killed you once, we can kill you again" Finn threatened.

"End this now mother, or I'll send you back to hell" Klaus threatened.

"For a thousand years I've been forced to watch you" Esther snapped, "I felt the pain of every victim, suffered while you shed blood, even you Elijah, with your claim to nobility, you're no better, all of you, you're a curse on this earth stretched out over generations".

"Oh stop this nonsense!" Kol yelled, "You think we wanted be these monsters, no we didn't, you made us this, and the one person who helped us become humans, you took her from us, so stop all this talk about pain, truth is, all of us have felt pain way worse then you, pain you inflicted on us!".

"I'm sorry" Esther apologised, "But you and her, you must all die".

"Mother!" Klaus yelled, trying to run towards her but failing due to the fire, "If anything happens to Ari, then even your witches won't be able to save you from us!"

***

Bonnie and Abby walked into the witches house to protect themselves from the Originals, after they saw them cornering their mother.

"This place has some serious vibe in it" Abby said, looking around apprehensively.

"The witch spirits will protect us from the Originals, but we should get into the basement" Bonnie said.

Bonnie walked into the basement, while Abby froze hearing a creaking behind her.

Bonnie walked down the stairs, but stopped when she realised her mother wasn't following her, "Abby?".

Bonnie heard creaking behind her, quickly turning around she was met with a furious looking Damon.

"Damon, what are you doing here?" Bonnie asked confused.

"You screwed up witch" Damon spat, "Esther's going to kill Ria, so I need to stop her, only way I can, is by killing the people she's channeling, meaning you and your mother".

"Damon, wait!" Bonnie yelled, stepping backwards as Damon stepped forward.

"No can do, Aria's life is on stake here Bonnie, I can't wait" Damon said.

"Esther isn't channeling us!" Bonnie yelled, before Damon could attack her.

"What?" Damon asked confused.

"Esther isn't getting her powers from us" Bonnie revealed, "She's getting it from someone else, someone much more powerful".

Realisation crossed Damon's face, "Ria, Esther's channeling Ria, isn't she?".

Bonnie nodded, a guilty expression on her face, "While channeling Aria, Esther's going to do a spell that will bring all of Aria's memories back, it's a huge spell so the channeling and the pain of all her memories is going to kill Aria".

"How do I stop Esther from channeling Aria?" Damon asked.

"You can't" Bonnie replied.

"What do you mean I can't?!" Damon yelled, "Tell me how to save Aria, Bonnie!".

"The only way to break the link between Esther and Aria is--".

"Is what?!" Damon asked impatiently.

"Is for Aria to die" Bonnie replied, shocking Damon.

***

Esther started chanting making the four brothers look at each other anxiously.

In the Forbes household, Aria laid in Caroline and her shared bed, Caroline had gone to the Grill to get both of them food, after ordering Aria to not get out of bed, and Liz being at work, left Aria alone in the house.

Aria stood up from the bed and went towards the kitchen, her throat felt really dry so she decided to make herself some tea.

Halfway through making tea, Aria gasped when she felt a similar sensation shot through her body, it didn't take her long for her to figure out that Esther's plan was in motion, she was about to kill her and the Originals, Klaus having called and told her about Esther's plan and ordered her to stay at home and to stay safe.

Before Aria could even think about was happening to her, a searing pain shot through her head, millions of pictures started coming infront of her eyes.

Aria knew she had to stop Esther from channeling her, otherwise the whole Mikaelson family would die, and there was only one way she could stop Esther.

Fighting through the pain, Aria grabbed a nearby knife, she held it against her stomach, she knew this would affect the Originals, but she knew a knife wound would heal, but a huge spell on them wouldn't heal, right now Aria didn't care about the consequences, all she cared about was stopping Esther.

Aria took a deep breath, and stabbed herself with the knife.

***

"No!" Esther yelled, sensing Aria's power leaving her.

The Mikaelson brothers looked down at their stomach where a knife wound was appearing, the brothers exchanged a panicked look, it didn't take long for them to realise what was happening, with Esther losing her magic and a knife wound appearing on them, they knew what Aria had done to save them.

"Go!" Klaus yelled to Kol, "We've got this".

Kol nodded and speeded over to check on Aria.

Finn, Elijah and Klaus turned to their mother, they were about to step towards her when the fire around her went higher, causing them to shield their eyes, when they opened their eyes again, Esther had disappeared.

***

Kol, Damon and Caroline all arrived at the Forbes household at the same time.

"What are you two doing here?" Caroline asked confused.

"Aria's hurt herself" Kol replied, shocking both Damon and Caroline.

"What?" Damon asked.

Kol didn't reply just ran into the house, as soon as the three vampires entered the Forbes household, the smell of blood hit all of them.

"Ria" Damon whispered, following the smell of blood right into the kitchen.

"No, no, no" Caroline cried, as her, Damon and Kol ran to an unconscious Aria.

"She's breathing" Kol said, listening to Aria's very slow heartbeat.

"Barely" Damon said, biting into his wrist and trying to feed Aria his blood but it wasn't working, Aria wasn't drinking his blood, "Come on Ria, please drink, please".

"Come on Aria" Caroline pleaded, "Please don't die on me, not you, please not you".

Suddenly realisation drew on Kol, he remembered what he did when Aria fell unconscious in the morning.

"She isn't going to die" Kol mumbled.

"What?" Caroline asked, while Damon kept tending to Aria.

"This morning, when Finn got daggered Aria fell unconscious, so I fed her my blood" Kol revealed, shocking both Caroline and Damon.

"She has your blood in her system" Damon whispered.

"If she dies, she will come back" Caroline said, looking at her best friend in worry.

"But as a vampire" Kol said.

***

Presenting 3x15 of The Vampire Diaries . . .

Thoughts on Aria and Kol spending the day together?

Thoughts on Aria's connection to the Gemini Coven?

Thoughts on Kol going off at Esther?

Thoughts on Aria stabbing herself to save the Mikaelson's?

Next chapter, is Aria going to come back as a vampire or not?

Question time: This episode was the episode were most of the Mikaelson's flee, I know for a fact Kol is going to be staying but what about Elijah and Finn, would you like them to stay or return some other time?

Below are some aesthetics the wonderful and amazing blooming_amethyst made for this book! They are so good, specially the Caroline and Aria one, thank you so so so much, I always love seeing the various graphics for this book, they make me so happy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

513K 19.3K 111
"They don't know about the things we do, they don't know about the I love yous". [BOOK ONE OF BRAYDEN SALVATORE'S SERIES] [THE VAMPIRE DIARIES SEASON...
346K 11K 71
Madeline Sage Saltzman, a vampire hunter and adoptive daughter of Alaric Saltzman, did not know what was in store for her when she entered Mystic Fal...
528K 10K 31
(๐•‚๐•๐•’๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐•„๐•š๐•œ๐•’๐•–๐•๐•ค๐• ๐•Ÿ) โ• Tสœแด‡ Sแด›แดส€ส แดา“ แด€ แดกแด‡ส€แด‡แดกแดสŸา“ ษชษด แด›สœแด‡ แดสsแด›ษชแด„ า“แด€สŸสŸs ษขส€แดแดœแด˜ แดกสœแด ษขแด‡แด›s สœแด‡ส€ สŸษชา“แด‡ า“สŸษชแด˜แด˜แด‡แด… แดœแด˜sษชแด…แด‡ แด…แดแดกษด แดกสœแด‡ษด sสœแด‡ า“ษชษดแด…s แดแดœแด› แด›สœแด‡ แดสแด›...
364K 11.8K 83
****REWRITING IN PROCESS**** A thousand years ago, seven stars sat illuminated in the night sky, surrounded by the moon, wrapped around its comfort a...