The One That Got Away (Synyst...

Od nickisevenfold

In the Summer of 1999, a boy fell in love with a girl. Their love was the purest and deepest anyone had seen... Více

The Story
Summer of 1999: Part 1
Summer of 1999: Part 2
Summer of 1999: Part 3
Summer of 1999: Part 4
Summer of 1999: Part 5
Summer of 1999: Part 6
The End of Summer '99
Welcome to the City of Angels
Mentally Unprepared
Tiffany Solitaire Diamonds
A Selfish Asshole and A Spoiled Brat
Sorrow Lives Here In My Heart
Getting Out of The Funk of Things
Desperate For Your Touch
Weak Knees
A Birthday Frenzy For Hope
Dirty Lawn-dry
Swimming In Decisions
It's All Fun and Games Til Someone Gets Bacardi Involved
Jail Cells
Soft Heart
Big Bear, Big Secrets
Undercover Lovers Under The Covers
The Promise and The Reasons
Something's Up
Keeping It In The Family
The Pickle
This is What Pressure Feels Like
Look No Further
Getting Caught Again
The Engagement Party
From Two to Zero
We're In This Together
Why Not Let The Cat Out Of The Bag... Again?
Reminiscence Through The Pain And Jealousy
Back To Square One
It's Never Too Late To Apologize
Project W.H.O: Part 1 - The Plan
Project W.H.O: Part 2 - Accomplished
One Way Or Another, You're Doing It
All Good Things Must Come To An End Eventually
Natural Born Killer
Might As Well Spill The Beans
Confusing Revenge and Pleasure
It Felt So Real
Frank Iero The Super Hero?
Just Can't Resist
This Is What Makes Us Girls
Find Me In Your Heart
The Search For Happiness Continues
Ready To Run
Death In The Afternoon (FINAL CHAPTER)

Mrs. Haner

2.8K 75 11
Od nickisevenfold

Hope you guys like it though.

Brian's POV

Ever since the last night of the trip, my mind has been God knows where. I have all these thoughts in my head and it's causing so much stress on me. To make matters worse, I had a dream about Jimmy and it has me totally in a rut. I'm just happy we left the cabin. I couldn't wait to go home. For the past two days, I wasn't comfortable there for some strange reason. I've had this annoying pain in my chest and my left arm that bothers me. This is why I needed the get away but I think it just made everything worse. Must be anxiety.

On the plus side, Jesse went back to New York so that means I have time with Jackie. I've wanted alone time with her since that one night up in Big Bear. Also, Michelle went on some trip with her friends so I'm pretty much free to do whatever I want to do.

"Hello? Dad?" I called out walking into my dad's house. Pinkly came running to my feet, "Baby! I've missed you." I picked the little white ball up in my arms, "Did you miss me too?" She licked my face, leaving wet marks all over it.

"Well, finally you're here. Your dog takes shit like you don't imagine. You can take her now." My dad said coming into view. He gave me a manly hug, "How was the trip?"

I put Pinkly down and took a seat on the couch's arm rest, "It was alright for the most part. I think being there again with out Jimmy caused a lot of stress on me."

He rolled his eyes, "Stop blaming Jimmy. The honest reason was because of Jackie and Jesse. You think too much Brian. Let it go. You two are in different relationships for the thousandth time."

"I know, but it was hard to go back there with out Jimmy." The pain in my chest came again, making my back and arm hurt. "I miss him."

"I know you missed him, but you were more bothered by Jackie and Jesse. Stop denying it."

I was shocked at how my dad was being so brutal and honest, "Dad, I know. I'm not denying it. But this stress was caused by knowing Jimmy wasn't with us."

"Are you going to be like this when you guys tour? Or are you not going to tour at all? Just because Jimmy isn't with you? You can't blame Jimmy for everything."

"What's your problem dad?! Why are you being like this?" I was getting fed up with my dad's behaviour, "What did I do?"

"You're just acting so immature. I'm not sure why you're blaming Jimmy when the real honest reason why you're all stressed is because of Jackie and Jesse."

Hearing their names coming from him, made me really annoyed, "God, would you stop with the names!? They're not the reason!" I picked up Pinkly and began to walk out of the door.

"Where are you going Brian?!" My dad shouted as I walked out of the door.

"Away from here, you're making this fucking chest pain worse." I slammed the door behind me and left.

I couldn't stand being with my dad for another second. I was starting to feel sick. I'm not sure what was happening. I felt clammy. Why was he acting like an asshole? Or was the stress giving me anxiety to the point where I imagined him as an asshole? 

As I drove to my house, I got a text message from Jackie. I was very happy to see her name on my phone.

Sexy can I hit it? i wanna see you. come over!

I was more than happy to go over and see her. I want to see her. I want to hold her. I'm pretty sure she can take everything away.

Before I went over to her house, I took my baby to my house to feed her. I stood there for a bit until the chest pain passed. The symptoms I was feeling really put me down. I didn't know stress could take such a bad toll on your body.

"Knock knock, beautiful." I said leaning against the porch post as she opened the door.

"Get in here." She grabbed my shirt and yanked me into the house. "I've been waiting for you. Do you know how long I've been craving your touch?" She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me.

I didn't hesitate to wrap my arms around her waist. Our lips parted as I fit mine perfectly in her's. In sync, our lips moved, savoring every taste. I backed her up against the back board of the couch and slipped my hands up her shirt. Goose bumps formed on her body, making her skin feel extra sexy.

A sudden wave of pain hit my chest and arm. I pulled away from the kiss, "Wait." I rolled my left shoulder, attempting to take the pain away.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"I have like this annoying shoulder pain. And chest pain. I've had it for a while." I said while I took a deep breath. It was kind of painful to do so. 

"I have a heating pad upstairs, let me go get it okay? Do you want some water?" She asked walking up the stairs.

I nodded, "I got it. Go ahead and get the heating pad."

"Okay." She disappeared and made her way upstairs.

On my way to the kitchen, I felt weak. My palms got sweaty and I felt like I was about to faint. I hate being stressed.

I reached the kitchen and took a cup from the dish rack. I was about to pour some water when a really sharp chest pain hit me, making me gasp for air. My left arm got weak and made me drop the glass, causing it to shatter into a million pieces... Or so it looked.

Jackie's POV

"I have a big heating pad and a little one, which one do you want?" 

Suddenly, I heard glass break from the kitchen. Just my luck, he broke a glass. I should have gotten him the water. He's so clumsy sometimes. 

"Brian?" I asked walking down the stairs. I made a sharp right into the dining room, only to see Brian, hunched over, grabbing his chest. "Brian!" I shouted. I dropped the pads and ran over to his side. He was pale and looked very sick.

"Call 911. My... fuck!" He said under a breath. 

"Stand up Brian."

"I can't Jackie! Call 911!"

I obeyed and quickly called the paramedics. Brian sat down on the floor while I ran back and fourth pressing cold compress on Brian's forehead and checking the front door to see if the ambulance was here.

I was nervous and scared. I didn't want him to die. Obivously, me being so pessimistic, would think that when someone has chest pain, that they'll pass.

"Brian, stay with me, please." I cried. I hated seeing Brian in pain. He looked so sick. It hurt me so much.

"I'm here, Jacks." He said grabbing my hand, "I'm not going anywhere. Do me a favor though?"

I wiped a tear away falling from my eyes, "Anything."

He took the phone out of his pocket, "If I don't make it," he took a painful deep breath, "Tell my dad I'm sorry for being a dickhead to him."

I slapped his face, "You're going to make it, stop that."

He laughed, "Who knows."

Minutes later, we were at the hospital. Brian had blood taken out and then was taken in to have an Echocardiogram. I sat in the room where he was going to be in until they came back with him, nervously waiting. I called his dad, the guys and Michelle to tell them what happened.

All these thoughts ran through my head. I didn't want to see Brian in pain. I love him so much that it hurts to see him like that. Every memory we had was rushing through my head. From when we first met, to star gazing and meeting again since 1999. 

I stared down at the SYN1999 tattoo, holding back tears... 

"We're back." The nurse said pushing the in the gurney Brian was in. He had an IV connected to his arm and he looked better than what he did. "The doctor will be back in a bit to check up on you."

"Will he be admitted?" I asked the nurse as she locked the breaks to the bed.

"Most likely. From what the on-call doctor saw, he has a severe case of pericarditis. But don't tell anyone I told you. The doctor has to tell you."

I nodded, sitting back in the seat. "How are you?" I asked Brian.

He looked a little dazed, "I just feel like shit. My chest hurts less than what it did."

"That's good. Do you want something to drink?"

"No, I just want to talk to my dad..." He said closing his eyes, "Can you call my dad?"

"No need to Brian," His dad said opening the curtain. He surprised me. He had a soft face on. You can tell he was crying, "Hey son."

"How'd you know I was here?" Brian asked, sticking his hand out, gesturing his dad to come to his side.

Mr. Haner smiled at me then went to Brian's side, "Jackie called me. You okay?"

He nodded, "I'm not sure. They're gonna come back."

"What happened?" He asked his son. 

"I've had chest pain for like three days. It just got really bad today after we fought. I'm sorry dad. I didn't mean to get mad. It's just you know I-"

"Don't apologize. I was being a fuckhead. I know you miss Jimmy." He shot his son a sympathetic smile. "Listen, Suzy, McKenna and Matt are outside so let me go tell them you're okay."

Brian nodded, "Yeah." His dad left, leaving Brian and I alone in the room. "C'mere beautiful. I want my medicine."

I smiled, "I'm your medicine?"

"I need a kiss from you. Please." He weakly smiled, "Really quick. I missed you. I'm never taking your kisses for granted anymore."

We waited atleast fifteen minutes until the doctor walked in, "Okay which one of you is Mr. Haner? I'm just kidding." He said reading his chart, then laughing. Brian and I both did not find his humor the least bit entertaining. "I'm Dr. Richardson, we ran some tests, did an Echo and I found you have pericarditis. Now have you had this before?"

"Once, many years ago. I was like 24 or 23. I'm not sure."

"Were you admitted?"

Brian nodded, "Yeah for a week. Am I getting admitted?"

"We just want to make sure everything is fine besides that. We also want to see how your body reacts to the medication we want to give you. It'll only be for a couple of days, you're alright with that, right Mrs. Haner?" The doctor asked me.

I didn't know how to respond. I was shocked at how much I liked being called that.

"Uh, yeah. But I'm not his wife. We're just friends." I informed him.

"My apologies. You two just make a really adorable couple." He smiled, "I'll call upstairs to see if they have any rooms available, then we'll have Transfer Services take you up. But for right now, you're doing okay. It's safe to say this isn't fatal in your case. I'll be back."

"Thank you." Brian and I said in unison.

He waited until the doctor was completely out of sight until he spoke up. But I didn't wait for the doctor to be out of sight. I broke down. I was so scared when Brian was in pain and knowing he would no longer be in pain made me feel at ease. It also felt so good to be called Mrs. Haner. It was like a dream come true... One that I don't think ever will come true.

"That was cute. He thinks you're my wi- Babe, what's wrong?" He asked. I didn't look up at him, "Jackie, baby, why are you crying?"

I wiped away tears, "It's just, I was so scared when you were at my house. You looked so sick. I thought you were having a heart attack. Then they say your fine. It makes me feel so much better. And..." I couldn't tell Brian how I liked being called Mrs. Haner. I was already showing my weak side as it is.

"And what?" He asked, "You can tell me."

I had to make something up quickly, "And I just want you to be healthy because I love you." I needed to get away from all of this. He couldn't see me cry even more. "I'll be back. I'm going to tell your dad you're alright."

"Okay..." I started to open the curtain, "Jackie," He shouted, "I love you too."

I smiled then made my way to the waiting room.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

60.9K 2.2K 18
Three years ago Sincere broke things off with Amethyst all while breaking her heart in the process. She moved away to Atlanta to get a new start. She...
279 66 39
This story is about a girl who had a crush on a boy in her class, having him tease her consistently, to having him want her forever. As it goes, love...
436K 25.3K 78
[WATTPAD PREVIEW FEATURED] 😳🙏✨💃 "She's mine, and I'll fight the whole world to keep her. The sins of the past may block our emotions, but I refus...
370 52 11
hieee..this is ruhi...pls give this story a chance 🤞 dedication~ TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO BE HEALED The story is about two childhood friends VANSHI...