Illicit | 𝘚𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘶𝘴 𝘉𝘭𝘢...

Від ymkesmischief

"Remus, are you going to introduce us to this young lady?" the boy sitting opposite her said, grinning at her... Більше

Prologue
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Announcement

Chapter 50

634 18 118
Від ymkesmischief

Remus' heart was heavy when he dragged his trunk down the stairs that morning, causing loud bangs on the steps.

"Lyall help the kids with their stuff will you! I swear to God I'll have no stairs left when you get out of that school," Mrs. Lupin said with a sigh, putting away the last of the dishes.

Eleanor just wanted to follow her brother's example, but her fsther was ahead of her, letting her trunk float down the stairs with a lazy wave of his hand.

Her head jerked around when Remus threw his trunk over with a thud and sat on top of it. She gave him a sad smile, but he just shrugged and leaned his head in his hands.

She sat down next to him and put an arm around his shoulders. "You'll be fine," she said softly.

"I don't wanna go," he mumbled, staring ahead of him.

Eleanor nodded. "I know," she said.

Remus couldn't help but laugh at that. "Wow Ella, real comfort you are," he said sarcastically.

Mrs. Lupin clapped her hands. "Come on darling chin up, you're going to a school many others could only dream of," she said with a little smile. "You'll see Andrew again in two months honey."

He sighed and got up. "Everyone ready?" Mr. Lupin asked.

But all heads turned when there was a knock on the front door. Remus' heartbeat started to pick up hopefully. He quickly threw a glance at Eleanor and then opened the door.

Well, opened? He had barely unlocked it before it was pushed open from the outside. Andrew leaped inside and flung his arms around Remus' neck, making the taller boy almost loose his balance.

He didn't know what to do, he just was in a complete trance as the smell of the sea entered his nostrils. Or at least that's what he thought the sea smelled like. He'd never actually been this close to him. But man did he wish he could get even closer.

Remus smiled like a maniac and wrapped his arms around Andrew. "Alright, Andy?" he said with a grin.

"No! You're leavin' me yeh tosser!" he said. Remus chuckled and they both pulled back.

"Yeah, wish I could stay," Remus muttered, avoiding his eyes.

Andrew ran a hand through his hair and sighed. "Well, it's a shame," he said. "But I got ya a lil' somethin'."

Remus frowned as he walked back down the steps to retrieve something that was leaning against the wall. He couldn't believe his eyes when Andrew pulled a guitar case inside.

The blonde grinned as he set it down in front of his best friend. "She's all yers," he said. "For the time bein', anyways. You'll need teh practice when yer back at that tosspot school of yers."

"Oi! I go there too!" Eleanor uttered. Andrew stuck his tongue out at her. She laughed and did the same.

But Remus was lost for words. He knelt down to open the case, but was stopped when Andrew lut his hand on his. A warm feeling filled his entire body and he looked up at him, slightly confused.

"Open it when yeh get there," Andrew said with a wink. Remus blushed a little and stood up again.

"There they are!" Mr. Hale's voice suddenly sounded through the hall.

They all turned around again. "Oh Kolton, Eryn, how nice to see you as well," Mrs. Lupin said in a delighted way. Remus saw Ian's blonde hair poking out from behind his dad.

"Well we couldn't just let the kids leave eh? Had to see 'em off, of course," he said with a smile. Eleanor and Remus chuckled.

"Which reminds me, we have to go!" Mr. Lupin said, checking his watch.

Mr. Hale put his hands up in front of him and stepped aside. "Oh don't let me get in yer way!" he laughed.

The Lupins stood there for a moment, torn between what they should do now. Brother and sister shared an anxious look.

Normally they would apparate, but they obviously couldn't do that now. But they only had twenty minutes until the Hogwarts Express departed, and London was far, far away.

"Er right, car keys," Mr. Lupin said, feeling his pockets. "Honey do you-"

Mrs. Lupin smiled as she held up the keys. "I'll drive dear," she said as she hung her bag over her shoulder.

The family then walked outside, and Remus swore he heard his father mumble a 'thank you' to his wife. Mr. Lupin opened the boot of the car and loaded their stuff in.

Eleanor sighed and quickly hugged the twins. "We'll be back at the end of June," she said to the both of them.

They nodded. Remus saw the guitar being put in the car. He then he turned to Ian first, giving him a shirt hug and patting him on the back. He didn't necessarily have a bond with him, but Ian was a good guy.

Eleanor stood aside as Andrew and Remus smiled at each other. The boys hugged each other tightly; neither of them really wanting to let go.

"Will yeh call?" Andrew mumbled as they pulled apart again.

Remus froze up. Calling? They had s telephone at home but they rarely used it. Remus doubted half of Hogwarts had ever heard of a telephone before.

His eyes looked at anywhere but Andrew. "Er they- they don't have telephones at the Valley," he said, his ears turning pink.

He noticed Andrew was trying to hold back a laugh, making him smile as well. "Don't laugh," Remus chuckled.

Andrew shook his head anf out a hand to his mouth. "I'm not," he tried to say with a pokerface.

Remus grinned widely. "Okay so-"

The other boy laughed again. "Stop it!" Remus laughed.

They both started laughing. "Shut up okay, I'll only explain it if you shut up," Remus said, still grinning.

Andrew put his tongue in his cheek and nodded, then crossed his arms over his chest. "So, we have owls-"

The blonde boy let out a little wheeze instead of breaking down into laughter again. Remus saw there were tears in his eyes. Ian nudged his brother in his side.

"I'll send you a letter by owl okay, that's it, I give up, I'm going," Remus said with a laugh, holding his hands up in front of him.

Their eyes met one final time, mischief clearly showing in both of them. Eleanor chuckled and shook her head before getting in the car. Mr. and Mrs. Lupin were already seated. Remus took the spot next to his sister in the back and closed the door.

"Alrighty Lupins, here we go," Mr. Lupin announced, sounding a bit anxious.

Remus waved the entire time as they left the street. Their was an ache in his heart he couldn't quite describe.

"Okay dear just park it at the grocer's right there. I'll apparate from behind the corner," Lyall said. Mrs. Lupin chuckled and nodded.

So that's what they did. Mrs. Lupin parked the car, they all got out, grabbed their stufd again and went behind the corner of the grocery store, all the while making sure nobody could see them of course.

Not five minutes later, all four of them were on Platform 9 3/4. Eleanor craned her neck and immediately spotted the other Marauders. Without even saying goodbye, she grabbed her trunk and ran over to them.

"Sirius!" she yelled. He grinned as his eyes landed on her. Eleanor dropped her trunk and leaped into his arms crashing her lips onto his. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her back in an instant.

James scrunched up his nose. "Ew," he mumbled. He quickly looked around, clutching at the chest pocket of his coat. He was probably looking to see if he could spot Lily.

Remus bade his parents goodbye and grabbed his stuff. This time, both his hands were full as he approached his friends with a proud grin.

"Excuse me, I don't think we have any band members at Hogwarts," Peter said with a raised eyebrow.

Eleanor and Sirius pulled apart. James looked over at Remus as well.

"You got a guitar?" James frowned.

Remus nodded. "Andrew gave it to me, told me I should practice," he said with a smile.

"Andrew?" Peter squinted his eyes. "Did you replace us Moony?" he said in an offended tone.

He laughed and shook his head. Eleanor grinned at her brother's flushed cheeks, but was taken aback when Sirius suddenly pulled her onto the train.

"Oi!" she said, looking up at him. His face looked stern as he searched for an empty compartment.

"What? All the good ones we'll be taken, can't hang around and chit-chat all day can we," he mumbled. Sirius slid open a compartment door and sat down next to the window.

Eleanor was just confused, so she shook her head and sat down next to him. The other Marauders stood at the door not long after. Remus looked a bit lost with a guitar case in his hands.

"Right just er put that up there Moony," James pointed at the luggage rack above the window.

Remus nodded and lifted up the case to put it away. He didn't even have to stand on his toes; Eleanor thought he must've at least been 5'9 at this point.

He briefly eyed Sirius when he went to sit down, but the black-haired boy stared out the window as soon as he met his gaze. Remus clenched his jaw and left the compartment, going to sit with the other Prefects.

The two boys sat down opposite the couple. James leaned forward and rummaged through his bag, probably looking for a book.

Eleanor was looking at the window, watching the landscape change as they left London, when suddenly Peter jumped up on the bench.

Feeling like she just had a heart attack, Eleanor shrieked and put her feet up as well. Sirius just looked confused. James was so startled he hit his head on the table because he was still looking through his bag.

"JAMES!" Peter squeaked, poiting at something Eleanor couldn't see.

"Fuck!" James groaned. "Ella close the door quickly, quickly!"

Her face went panic. "WHY?!" she yelled , but closed the door anyway.

Sirius suddenly looked like something had clicked in his brain and eyed the floor like an animal looking for prey.

"Nobody move," he said softly, edging forward a bit.

Eleanor looked between the two boys, her eyes big. "What is going on?" she hissed.

But they just ignored her. "You got eyes on him Pads?" James whispered. Sirius nodded and crouched down off the bench.

"Lift up Wormy's bag, then I'll get him," Sirius said. James lay down on his stomach on the bench, laying on top off Peter's feet as well, who was still standing on his seat. Eleanor tried to get out of the way as much as possible.

"Three.. Two.. One.. Now!" Sirius said. In a swift motion, James lifted up the bag and Sirius leaped forward, putting both his hands over something.

"Got ya! Ya little bastard!" Sirius said with a triumphant grin.

"Got what?!" Eleanor yelled, growing impatient.

She clasped her hands to her mouth when Sirius sat up on his knees and showed a tiny green creature in his hands, struggling to get away.

"Gimme Pads! They're patrolling on the corridor!" James said, snatching the Bowtruckle from Sirius' hands.

Eleanor flinched. "James be careful with him!" she said, watching the boy stuffing the creature back in his chest pocket. It desperately held on to the button.

"Get in Twix! If they see you we're both in detention mate," James said through gritted teeth. Twix gave a little whimper and crawled back into his owner's pocket.

Sirius sighed and ran a hand through his hair as he stood up again. "You can sit down again Pete, no surprises anymore," he sniggered.

Peter nodded, still a bit in shock. "Yeah, yeah, okay," he breathed and sat down again.

"I thought you'd put him in your trunk Prongs," Sirius sat as he took his spot next to Eleanor again.

She looked at him in horror. "In his trunk?!"

Sirius shrugged. "See I told you that wasn't a good idea," James mused, finally having the book he was looking for open on his lap.

"You two are mental," she said, shaking her head. "How in Merlin's name did you get him anyway?"

Now it was James' turn to shrug. "I dunno, mum and dad got him for my birthday," he said while paging through his Transfigurations book. "Not sure if mum really knows about him though."

Sirius snorted. "Your dad probably got him from some illegal market or summat," he said with a little chuckle at the end.

They all had to laugh at that, mainly because it was just true. At that point, Remus passed their compartment during his patrol, already in his Hogwarts robes with his bright red Prefect's badge pinned to his chest. He slid the door open just enough to poke his head in.

"Lia and the others are a bit further along Ella," he said, nodding his head to the left, her right.

Eleanor stood up. "Ooh, I'll quickly go say hello," she said excitingly.

Her and Remus walked down the corridor together until they reached the compartment in which Amelia, Kathy, and Doris were sitting. Eleanor opened the door. "Hello, hello," she said with a grin.

She gave all three of them a hug and talked to them about their holidays. Remus in the meanwhile had returned to his duties.

The Hogwarts Express arrived in Hogsmeade when it was still rather bright out that evening. As usual, the carriages brought them up to the castle.

"You know what I don't get," Peter began as they were sitting at the Gryffindor table for that night's dinner.

"What's that mate," James said, licking the chicken marinade from his fingers.

"Why we can't just be apparated to Hogwarts by professors or something," he said as he looked between everyone who was listening to him.

A couple of them facepalmed, Sirius groaned and banged his head on the table.

Only Lily seemed to have some patience left. "You can't apparate at Hogwarts Peter," she explained with a chuckle.

Peter's ears turned pink and he looked down at his empty plate. "Well it would've saved us a bloody lot of trouble and time if you could," he mumbled.

Eleanor nodded and shrugged. "He has a point," she said, finishing the last bit of her food.

When she looked up again, her eyes widened when a pair of green toothpick-sized arms poked out from underneath the flap on James' chest pocket. She tried to make eye contact with him, but he was too busy listening in on a conversation between Marlene and Lily.

Seeing as he was sitting opposite her and there was no other way she was going to grab his attention unnoticed by others, Eleanor kicked him under the table.

"Oi!" he uttered, looking at her with a frown on hid forehead.

Trying to ignore the strange look Amelia was giving her, Eleanor's eyes quickly darted over to where Twix was trying to break free.

James looked confused and looked down at his clothes. "Oh shite," he mumbled and put his hand over Twix's hideout. He stood up and excused himself. Eleanor chuckled lightly to herself and shook her head as he made his way out of the Great Hall.

Sirius leaned over slightly and mumbled, "Twix?" She nodded, causing him to grin.

When dinner was finished, all of the students went to their common rooms. Some of the Gryffindors went to bed, some stayed behind in front of the fire. Eleanor bade her brother and Lily goodbye when they set off for their patrol.

"So Ella, who's Andrew?" James asked her as he dealt the cards for a game of exploding snaps.

She received some strange looks from Mary and Marlene, who obviously weren't in on the story at all. Eleanor noticed a slight change in Sirius' posture.

"Oh he's our new neighbour," she explained casually. "Him and the rest of his family of course. He also has a tein brother, Ian, they're about a year older than you I think."

"Why d'you ask?"

James raised his eyebrows. "Well cause Moony said he had given him that guitar, so they must be close," he said, looking directly at her.

Eleanor bit the inside of her cheek as all eyes turned on her. "Well I mean, it's not really my place.."

She felt six pairs of eyes still burn on her. "Oh who am I kidding they are so into each other it's ridiculous," she said with a chuckle.

James beamed. "You jokin'?" he said enthusiastically. Mary and Lily started giggling.

Eleanor shook her head eagerly. "No, when I see they were together every bloody day, they were together every bloody day," she grinned.

"But are they-"

"Are we going to play or what?" Sirius suddenly spoke up. Eleanor gave him a look.

"Oh fuck the game Sirius, we want to hear about Andrew!" Mary said, waving her hand at him.

"Are they together?" Marlene asked eagerly.

"No, we only met them a couple weeks ago," Eleanor laughed.

"Is he nice?" Peter asked. Eleanor nodded.

"Is he cute?" Mary grinned.

Amelia put down her cards and got up. "I'm er going to bed," she said, not really looking at anyone. They all wished her goodnight before she walked up to their dorm.

Mary turned back to Eleanor. "So, is he?" she pushed on.

Eleanor laughed and shrugged. "I guess yeah," she said, after which she received a glare from Sirius.

"What?" she said, looking a bit confused.

Sirius raised his eyebrows momentarily. "Nothing," he mumbled. Eleanor inhaled deeply through her nose and rolled her eyes.

They played exploding snaps for a little while until Remus and Lily came back from their patrol. "Hiya," Remus said as he shook his robes off his shoulders.

Sneaky smiled formed on a couple of faces when they looked at him. Remus had a look of suspicion on his face. Then it dawned on him and the color drained from his face.

"You told them 'bout Andy didn't you?" he grosned.

"Awh Andy!" Mary yelped. "Does he call you Remy as well?"

Remus' face turned red and he rubbed his temple. Eleanor looked up at him. "M'sorry," she pouted, putting on her puppy eyes.

He sighed and flicked her on her forehead. "Ouch," she chuckled. "You gonna check the guitar out though?"

He frowned. "Why now?"

"Well when you wanted to open it this morning Andrew said you had to open it when you were at school," she said.

A smile formed on his lips but turned into a laugh when Mary, Marlene, and James jumped up to drag him op to the boys' dorm. Eleanor, Peter, and Sirius followed them upstairs as well.

They all settled on the beds or on the ground as Remus pulled out the guitar case from under his own bed. Sirius was the only one sitting on the back of his bed, not really participating in all the fun.

"Put it in the middle of the room Remus!" Lily said after getting an explanation from Mary.

Remus did as she asked and fragged it to the middle of the room. He sat down in front of his on his knees and unlocked the two clasps. His hands slightly trembling, he opened it completely.

Inside was a black Fender acoustic guitar with a bright yellow book on top of it. The title of the book read 'Teach Yourself To Play Guitar'.

Remus smiled to himself and paged through the book. "He's mental," he mumbled.

He closed the book when the look of I-just-remembered-something spread across his face.

"What is it Moony?" James asked, sounding a bit concerned.

He shook his head slightly. "No, no nothing, s'just that he told me he didn't have an acoustic guitar. I remember cause I was so nervous to go up to his room with him because his amplifier was there," he chuckled, his cheeks turning red.

Mary screeched and clapped a hand over her mouth. All heads turned to her. "What?!" James said, lookig bewildered.

"Don't you see! He did that so he could be alone with you!" she said with the biggest grin on her face.

Remus' face had turned a lobster shade of red at this point. "Nah, that's ridiculous.." he said as his thoughts wandered off to that afternoon he had learned to play guitar.

But Mary was right. His heart skipped a beat when he remembered Andrew stuffing something into his wardrobe just before he came in.

"Can you play something Remus?" Lily asked, literally sitting on the edge of her seat.

He scratched the back of his head and put the book to the side. "Er I can try," he said.

Remus carefully took the guitar out of its case. But there was yet another surprise for him. Underneath the guitar was a small piece of paper. He frowned and took it out as well.

"What's that Moony?" Peter asked.

"Probably just paperwork for the guitar," Sirius said lazily while making some things in the room float in mid air.

But by the look on Remus' face it wasn't just some paperwork. He set down the guitar and sat down on the edge of his bed, his eyes not moving away from the paper in his hands.

"Is it a note?" Eleanor asked.

Because she didn't get an answer, she got off Sirius' bed and sat down next to Remus. The other girls joined her as well. Mary swooned when she had read what was on there.

Remus heart was racing as his eyes kept going over it. Two words , but they were so much more to him than that. He was simply infatuated by it.

Pretty boy, was all it said.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

17.4K 452 54
Kacie Elektra Black, the twin of Sirius Black, was part of the Marauders. Part of the group of Gryffindor's that was the closest groups of friends yo...
105K 3K 45
"Y/n, I will always be here for you." "Promise?" "I promise." ~*𓃦*~ Going to Hogwarts was something Y/n Black had been looking forward to her ent...
396 1 20
Kathleen Eleanor Lupin was the younger Twin sister of Remus Lupin and ever since the day she started attending Hogwarts with her brother, she managed...
1.1M 50.3K 97
Bonnie Miller always thought of herself as a coward. After the First Wizarding War, she ran away to America from the terrible truth that all of her f...