Chapter 10

"Behave yourselves alright?" Mrs. Lupin said, even though she was fully aware her words would have no impact on her children. 

"Will do mum," Remus kissed his mother's cheek and received a pat on the back from his father.

"I'm proud of you son," Mr. Lupin said, looking at the Prefect's badge pinned to his Remus' robes. 

Remus smiled. When he received his letter, he had accidentally dropped the badge on the floor, not knowing it was inside the envelope. Mrs. Lupin only found it a couple of days later when she was hoovering the living room, just in time, or it would have been gone. Both of their parents were extremely proud of their son but also confused because they knew he was a troublemaker at school along with his best mates. 

Eleanor was looking around, trying to find a familiar face on the crowded platform. 

We you compared her to her 11-year-old self, you'd notice she had grown a lot over the past three years. She had also decided to keep her hair a bit shorter, because it always annoyed her. But Remus was way taller, he had always been, but it seemed as though he grew a little every day.

Her mother sighed, "Glad to see you're going to miss your parents as well, Ella," she smiled and shook her head. 

Eleanor turned around, "Sorry mum," she gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. 

Her father hugged her tightly. "Argh, I'm never letting you go now," he said, kissing the top of her head. 

"Ouch dad you're hurting my arm," she chuckled and he let her go. 

Her dad sighed gravely, "Okay, my children, be free!" 

The two younger Lupins looked at each other and made a silent agreement to just walk away from the situation, trying to save themselves from the embarrassment. 

"Oh Lyall, you and your jokes," they heard their mother say. 

"You want to go looking for the others together?" Eleanor asked as they were getting on the Hogwarts Express. 

Remus nodded and they went right like they always did.

During their search they passed Lily Evans and her roommates Mary, Alice and Marlene. Eleanor noticed the red Prefect badge pinned onto Lily's robes.

"Hey Lils," Remus smiled, "Congratulations on the badge."

She looked up at him, beaming, "Hi Remus!" she hugged him shortly, at which Eleanor saw her brother blush a little. "Yes, you too! We'll make a great team," she said.

He nodded and made some small talk about their holdiays, trying to ignore the giggles coming from the girls in the compartment Lily sat in. Eleanor grinned to herself.

Suddenly she felt someone tap on her shoulder. She turned around to see it was Kathy, one of her best friends and roommate since her first year at Hogwarts. 

"Kathy! How are you?" she smiled, hugging her friend. 

Remus ended the conversation with Lily as she closed the compartment door and he turned around to face the two younger girls.

"I'm good! Hiya Remus! How've you two been? France must have been delightful!" 

They both nodded. 

"We've already found the boys, we got two compartments on the other side of the train," she grabbed Eleanor's hand and took her with her to where they were seated. Remus followed right behind them.

And there they were, eight Gryffindors: four girls on the left and four boys on the right. Remus and his friends were starting their fifth year at Hogwarts, while his younger sister and the other girls were starting their fourth. They greeted each other happily, talking about the ins and outs of their Summer holidays.