Kpop Oneshots

By Ddaegu_Exe

Different scenarios from different idols from different groups, all together in one book. Started on: 28-06-2... More

~Author's Note~
{1} ATEEZ - Choi Jongho - Theme Park Date ⭐️
{2} SF9 - Kang Chanhee - Model ⭐️
{3} ONEUS - Kim Geonhak - New Job ⭐️
{4} Stray Kids - BangChan - Tournament ⭐️
{5} SF9 - Kim Rowoon - Kiss? 🌺
{6} HIGHLIGHT/BEAST - Lee Gikwang - Club 🔥
{7} BTS - Kim Taehyung - Tea 🌺
{8} ONEUS - Yeo Hwangwoong - Will You... 🌺
{9} BlackPink - Park Rosé - Travelling Together ⭐️
{10} SEVENTEEN - Joshua Jisoo - Mafia 🖤
{11} GOT7 - Mark Tuan - Skating ⭐️
{12} MAMAMOO - Moonbyul - Your Birthday 🌺
{13} BTS - Jeon Jeongguk - Locks 🌺⭐️
{14} CRAVITY - Kim Taeyoung - The Bad Boy 🖤
{16} ENHYPEN - Jay Park - Fireflies 🌺
{17} ATEEZ - Choi San - FaceTime 🌺
{18} Monsta X - Lee Wonho - Cuddletime 🌺
{19} ITZY - Yeji - Bubblegum Bitch ⭐️
{20} TXT - Choi Soobin - Fighter 🖤
{21} iKON - Kim Jiwon - Why U Mad? 🖤
{22} ENHYPEN - Niki - Dark Forest 🖤
{23} ONEUS - Kim Gunhak - Dancer ⭐️

{15} BTS - Kim Namjoon - Science ~ Request 🌺⭐

218 5 10
By Ddaegu_Exe

2128 words

~ Somewhat fluff but mostly normal ~

* TAGS: science, smartstuff, experimenting

This oneshot has been requested by hellodisisme 😚 The topic I got was: something with science.
I love that you basically gave me the reigns in this one! I really didn't know what to write, but the fact that it just had to do with science and I didn't have to follow a specific request idea gave me more options, which was nice. Hope you like the outcome :).

The summary I got was: 'can you make a Kim Namjoon fluff oneshot? And can it be science-themed? Maybe something about two scientists. Surprise me.'

"Do you think that will work?"

"Why wouldn't it work?"

"Because we never succeeded before."

"Well, today's different."

You sighed, reaching up and pushing a lock of hair behind your ear. "Joon, we've been over this project a thousand times already. When are you going to give up?" You asked the man as you trotted after him.

He had been determined to finish what he started since the very first day your senior had given you the opportunity to test your theories. You couldn't count the amount of times you got back to your dorm and found him at the small desk, hunched over paperwork with his messy hair and glasses perched on top op his nose. To say you weren't curious as well would be a lie, but it had been well over a year already. You were starting to lose faith.

"I'm not." He replied, briefly glancing at you over his shoulder. A smile was adorning his features. "I'm confident it will work today."

You sighed. "You said that last week too."

"But today I'm serious."

You decided to let it go for now. What was the harm in going over the process once more anyway? It wasn't like you had something else planned today either, so you silently tagged along towards the Science and Chemistry wing of the university you both studied at.

You had been a bit worried, going to university and leaving everything behind for a full six years, but it turned out to be the best decision you had ever made. You really lucked out with your roommate, too. Though he was a bit messy at times, and snored a little on occasions, Namjoon was quite the perfect guy to room with.

"Alright," Namjoon said as you stepped through the big glass doors and pulled a lab coat off the racks. "Will you get the syringes ready?"

You nodded and followed his movements, tying your hair back in a low ponytail as well as you walked over to the cabinets on the wall. You got out the stuff you needed and filled the syringes with the right dose of the liquids. Namjoon was putting on gloves and walking towards the glass box on the side, reaching inside and gathering the colorful blob you had been working with for the past year in his hands.

It was nothing special, really. Jut a blob. It looked like some sort of clay, but then softer and more liquid. It had purple and blue hues, and occasionally it switched to orange and yellow.

You stepped over to the big table in the middle of the room, putting the syringes down and turning on the lamp, adjusting the brightness and positioning it so it would be the most helpful. Namjoon placed the blob right in the middle, carefully let go of it and watching as it bubbled with the movement.

"It got bigger." You commented, frowning a little. "Is it supposed to do that?"

The man at the other end of the table shrugged, poking it and leaning closer to examine it. "No idea, but it could be because of the weather. Y'know, since the cooler was on most of the night."

That did made sense.

"I'll start the process." Namjoon then said, reaching under the table and pulling out some utensils and other things you would need. Being the best assistant you could possibly be in this, you helped him to the best of your abilities. Handing him the stuff he needed at the right times, scribbling down the chances the process brought to the blob of clay, and adjusting the position of the lamp whenever he needed to check the other side for something.

It was a simple process, really. Which is why it was so frustrating. In theory, it should work. On paper, you were doing everything perfectly and it should work how you wanted it to. But in reality, it didn't. In reality, nothing you did was working. The colorful blob was annoying as well, not doing what you wanted it to and it was stubbornly staying a blob of clay.

When you started, the two of you had been excited, confident, without worries and you were ready to throw the results onto your senior's desk to show him it had worked, silencing his laughter at your crazy idea.

But now, only the male part of your team was still excited and confident. You, on the other hand, was ready for it to be done. But he had always been the one with more perseverance.

"Uh, Joon?" You said when you noticed something on the monitor attached to the table. It used advanced technology to measure the blob's vital stats along other things, without you having to attach anything to the blob itself.

Namjoon looked up briefly before focusing in applying a self made substance to the blob's side. It was supposed to change it's insides. "What is it?"

"It's sugar levels are rising." You said, your gaze still fixated on screen of the monitor. From the corner of your eyes you could see Namjoon's eyebrows furrow. "What? It's not supposed to do that."

You shook your head and pushed away from the table, rushing over to the other side of the lab and rummaging through the potions placed on the shelves. Once your eyes fell on the one you searched for, you grabbed it and walked back to the table. "Try this." You said and opened the bottle before handing it to the man. He quickly used a syringe to suck something of the liquid out of the bottle and then carefully injected it into the blob.

When he pulled it out again, you noticed it's sugar levels dropping again. You smiled and gave him a thumbs up. Namjoon grinned as well. He loved science, even when it got tricky sometimes. Then, the monitor began to beep.

You frowned and snapped your eyes back to the screen. Namjoon watched your face, his own turning worried when he saw your eyes widening and your smile dropping. He was about to ask what was wrong when you snapped your gaze to meet his.

"Everything's is skyrocketing. It's sugar levels, it's oxygen, it's weight... Even it's blood pressure! It doesn't even have blood!" You nearly yelled. Namjoon's face turned from worried to shocked to confused and then a mixture between all. Before he could reply the blob started to move.

It bubbled and rippled, spikes appearing and then disappearing. It's colors were wildin' as well, turning from purple to black to yellow to red. Patters were covering it's surface, circles, hearts, clovers.. Then it curled in on itself and then it started to bloat up.

"Is this what you meant when you said you felt today was different?!" You asked him, a light panic starting to bubble inside of you when the blob continued to grow. Namjoon shook his head as he stepped back from the table. "Uhm- Not really.."

You exhaled shakily as the blob also forced you to step back. It continued to grow and grow and at some point you thought it was going to burst. When you saw light cracks appear on the surface, you knew it would. Namjoon ran towards your side of the table, grabbing your hand in his and pulling you towards another table in the room.

"Duck!" He yelled and hastily pulled you down to crouch behind the table. You closed your eyes and covered your ears. Namjoon followed your movements, his glasses sinking lower onto his nose. The two of you flinched when a loud bang was heard, followed by silence.

You were the first one to uncover your ears and reopen your eyes. The wall next to you was covered in some sort of slimy substance, and the ground not protected by the table was no better. Namjoon followed your movements, his eyes widening when he saw the mess as well.

"Woow.." He gaped, leaning against the table as he ripped his gloves off and reached out to the floor besides the table, scooping some of the substance on his fingertips. You placed your hands on the tabletop, immediately feeling the sticky slime sitting there too, and you slowly pulled yourself up to look. You peeked your eyes over the table, and what you saw had your eyes widening in glee. You quickly crouched back down and grabbed Namjoon's arm.

"Joon! Look! It worked! Sort of."

He wiped the slimy substance on his fingers off on his lab coat, turning to take a look as well. The both of you poked your heads above the table, looking at the big table in the middle. More specifically, at what was on it.

There, in the middle of the table where the blob had been, was now a small animal sitting. Not any animal, either. A small, soccer ball sized, colored octopus.

"That's.. Surprising." Namjoon stated, pulling himself up more and standing up. You followed him as he walked towards the table. You grinned. "It's cute."

"You find Mister Squishy here cute?" Namjoon chuckled, giving the octopus a name. You nodded. "Yeah, don't you think so?"

Namjoon turned his gaze back on the experiment. It was orange colored now, with big black eyes staring up at him. It's tentacles were tiny, barely four inches long and it was really more of a ball then an octopus. Probably noticing the set of eyes on him, Mister Squishy blinked his eyes up at the man. Namjoon couldn't help but chuckle. "I suppose it is cute."

You smiled, watching as Mister Squishy started to hop around the table a little. It was somewhat clumsy, but he managed to move pretty well, considering he had been a blob of clay for all his life.

"Okay but now that it actually worked.. kind of," Namjoon continued. "We should continue our research."

You nodded, reaching for your notepad as Namjoon went to gather the syringes you had previously made. He stepped closer to the table, putting on a new pair of gloves and reached for the blob. "Please don't bite me." He whispered as he leant close, pressing the tip of the syringe into it's body. To both of your surprise, the small octopus didn't even flinch or move away. He just kept on blinking his big eyes up at you.

Then, it started to change color. Instead of the orange, it turned yellow.

But not only his color changed. His expression changed too.

Instead of his cute demeanor with his big eyes and what seemed to be a permanent smile, it suddenly had a frown, and angry eyes. Since the octopus was facing you, his eyes shot up to yours and he lashed a tentacle towards you. You shrieked and stepped back, the clipboard falling from your hands but that didn't stop the small thing to jump on top of you.

"Namjoon!!" You yelled, closing your eyes tightly while the octopus climbed up on your arm. Mister Squishy wasn't making any sounds but his eyes said everything.

Namjoon quickly dropped the now empty syringe onto the table, reaching for another one and quickly readying it. He clumsily tried to give the octopus the shot, but it turned out to be difficult as you were twirling around, struggling with the small animal as he was perched on your shoulder and currently trying to suck your face off with a tentacle attached to your cheek.

When the man finally pushed the syringe into the octopus, the reaction was almost instant. His color changed back to a vibrant yellow and his eyes turned back to the big black orbs he had before. The sucking on your face stopped, and you slowly opened your eyes to see his adorable smile.

Namjoon sighed, dropping the syringe back on the table and he watched as the octopus squished his face into yours, honoring the name the man had given to him.

"No more research, I suppose?" Namjoon snickered as you made a disgusted face when you felt a slimy substance trickle down the side of your face.

"Just get this thing off of me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

146K 3.4K 50
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
385K 11.7K 91
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
364K 17.7K 79
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
1.2M 51.1K 97
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC