Indigo//X-Men daughter story

Av Ccat1605

Erik Lehnsherr always raised Estelle to be proud of who she was. To believe that she was the brightest star i... Mer

✨Before you read✨
[1] Sometimes you just have to wait for fate to make its move
[2] Fate controls who walks into your life, but you decide who you let stay
[4] Fate only takes you so far, in the end it's up to you to make it happen
[5] We are spinning our own fates, good or evil, never to be undone
[6] Fate brings people together no matter how far apart they may be
[7] You often meet your fate on the road you take to avoid it
[8] Never let fear decide your fate
[9] Maybe fate is choices, not chance
[10] Can you change your fate?
[11] Fate lies not with the stars but within ourselves
✨Intermission✨
[12] There's a reason people like you and I find each other, maybe it's fate
[13] Fate loves the fearless
[14] There's nowhere you can go that isn't where fate meant for you to be
[15] Fate doesn't ask what you want, fate knows what's best, even if you don't
[16] Fate can't make you a monster, but your actions can
[17] Fated to find you

[3] Fate is what transfers you from what you are to what you wanna be

1.3K 46 12
Av Ccat1605

"Wait a second," Peter jumps up, suddenly having no interest in pacman. "I thought you said your dad was in jail."

I nod. "He is in jail. Pentagon jail...What is that not the same thing?"

Charles shakes his head. "I don't know what kind of trick you're playing but we're not going to fall for it."

"Fall for what?" I ask. "You're the ones who rush in here trying to prison break my dad. I should be the one asking the questions. Who are you?"

Charles looks like he's gonna say something else when the glasses guy holds him back. "I'm Hank Mccoy, this is Charles Xavier, and that's Logan. We need your fathers help to save the world."

"That does sound like something he'd be interested in." I say.

Charles scoffs. "Clearly you didn't know him very well."

I send him a look. "What is that supposed to mean? H-how do you even know my dad? He's never mentioned any of you."

"In the past we were friends with your father." Hank explains.

"No way," I say, crossing my arms. "My Dad doesn't have very many friends and you're definitely not one of them."

"Emphasis on the past, we haven't seen him in years." Charles states.

Peter leans over to me. "They telling the truth?"

I don't want to believe them, I seriously don't. My dad knew some weirdos but even for him being friends with this lot seems like a stretch. As I reach into their heads though, I only see the truth.

"Yeah," I sigh. "They're not lying."

"And how do you know that?" Charles questions before turning to Logan. "Who is she? Do you know her?"

He shakes his head, looking thoroughly confused. "No but I might have heard of her...it doesn't make sense though."

"You're the one not making sense." I rebuttal. "Let's just make this simple, alright? If you want to go break out my dad, great. We're on the same side. You're gonna need me though."

"And why is that?" Charles asks.

I narrow my eyes and put a finger to my forehead, focusing on speaking in his head. 'Because I can do this.'

He jumps back suddenly, eyes wide. "Thats-thats not possible."

"Clearly it is," I smirk.

"What did she do?" Hank asks.

Charles sputters. "S-she got inside my head. Spoke to me."

Peter looks at the man with a confused expression. "Okay how is that any weirder than what I've been doing this entire time?"

"Yeah." I nod, turning to Charles. "What's up with you?"

Charles composes himself and rubs his fingers through his messy hair.

"I used to know someone like you...he's gone now."

The entire mood shifts at his words and becomes kinda awkward, maybe even a little bit tense. I don't have time to worry about his feelings though. I've never even let myself dream of seeing my father again. Not after what they accused him of. This could be my chance to get him justice, to make him proud. This could be my only chance.

"So what's the plan?" I ask. "What do you want us to do?"

Logan looks to me. "We'll get to that."

"So this is a prison break?" Peter asks. "That's illegal, you know?"

I shove his shoulder. "Says the klepto."

"Uh..." Logan eyes the room, looking at Peter's stash of stolen goods. "It's only illegal if you get caught."

I sigh. "Okay um, no that's not at all how it works but let's roll with that, sure."

"How do we know we can trust you?" Peter asks, seeming a little nervous at the thought of breaking into the most secured facility in the country with a bunch of strangers.

"'Cause we're just like you." Logan says calmly.

Charles nods. "Show them."

Before I can even say a word, Logan lifts up his fist. What he does next though is pretty odd. These poky things start to come out of his knuckles, sliding like retractable bones. Once they're fully revealed I can see how sharp they are at the tips, almost resembling a cat's claws.

Peter makes a face. "That's cool, but it's disgusting."

"Yeah," I scrunch up my nose. "We already established the whole you being mutants thing, you didn't have to...Why are they so boney?

"It'd be cool if they were like knifes." Peter remarks.

A smile comes to my face. "Oh yeah, like metal knifes!"

💙💙💙

I start to buckle up my seat belt right as Peter sits down next to me in the back of these peoples car.

"Hold on," Logan says grabbing my seatbelt before I can click it into place. "We've got his mom's permission but we never got yours. I'm not just gonna kidnap some little girl."

I pull the seat belt out of his grip. "I'm not a little girl, and you don't need anyone's permission to take me to my dad."

"Where do you live?" Hank asks from the front.

Peter instantly points to my house. "Right next-door."

"Peter!" I exclaim.

He just arches a brow. "What?"

"Come on, out." Logan points to me. "We don't have to tell your mom the exact truth. Just make sure she knows where you're going."

"I don't have a mom and...Miss Jensan doesn't know that I'm a mutant. She can't know. She won't even notice I'm gone, I swear. Just-please don't ask her. She'll say no just to spite me." I plead, looking up into his eyes.

Sadly, Logan doesn't look like he's gonna budge. I hate stubborn people, they are the absolute worst. That might just be because I can be kinda stubborn too though, it's hard to really say.

Eventually I sigh in defeat and pull my seat belt back, ready to hop out of the vehicle.

"Let the girl come." Charles surprises us all. "If she really is Erik's kid then she might keep him from doing anything...drastic."

His words seem to have another meaning to them than what meets the eye. Some undertone of distrust, anger, fear. I don't complain though, he's the only adult here who's vouching for me. Even if it is in a not so friendly way.

💙💙💙

"Are we there yet?" Peter asks, staring out the window.

"Does it look like we're there?" Logan asks.

My friend looks up, "no."

"Then we're not there yet."

I laugh and relax into my seat. "Peter you've really gotta learn some patience. We can't all travel halfway around the world in the time it takes to close a door."

"Don't listen to her." Peter says. "I'm a very patient person."

"Oh yeah, and I'm totally a blast at slumber parties." I sarcastically remark.

Charles sends us a skeptical look through the rearview mirror. "What are you two? A couple?"

Peter and I meet eyes for a moment before we both burst out laughing.

"Peter and I? A couple?" I say in between hysterical laughter.

Peter covers his mouth. "Elle's like a sister to me. Dating her...yuck."

Over all of the laughter I catch one of Logan's thoughts. 'They have no idea how right they are.'

At that I tilt my head. "What do you mean, Logan?"

"Huh?" He questions.

I almost repeat myself but in the end I just shake my head. I mean, what could this guy know about Peter and I that we don't already know?

"So you guys want to save the world," Peter says, changing the subject. "What does that involve doing? Like a spy mission, or some secret underground war-"

Logan cuts him off. "Believe me kid, you don't want to know."

"Well now you've done it. That's just gonna make him want to figure it out even more." I say.

"You're not at all interested yourself?" Hank asks me.

I shake my head. "I mean, maybe a little. The world gets saved all the time though. You can't just put your life on pause every time someone puts the planet in danger."

"Smart kid." Charles remarks.

"Not really," I shake my head. "I suck at school."

Peter starts, "that's not true. You're great in science."

"That's just because science is the only interesting class." I smile.

"I used to work for the CIA." Hank tells me. "I did a lot of science work there. Are you thinking about being a scientist when you grow up?"

I let out a breath. "I want to help mutants when I grow up. I've...I've always been lucky enough to know my place. To not hide in the shadows out of fear. Some people have never had that."

"What about normal people?" Logan asks. "You don't want to help them?"

"No," I instantly say. "Some of them are kind, most of them actually. They're all the same though, they're all scared of what's different. They've had their chance to be our allies, they chose wrong."

Logan says, "humans change though. It's in their nature. You shouldn't judge them off of the past."

"We can't see the future." I respond. "The past is all we have."

Charles looks at me. "You sound just like him, you know? Just like Erik."

"Thanks."

He frowns. "That's not a compliment."

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

168K 5.1K 25
"Don't talk to me like that, I am your father!" "Then act like one!" ------ "I like your hair.....think I'll call you Quicksilver," "I like yo...
40.9K 732 17
Logan, the Wolverine, has been sent on a mission given to him by Charles Xavier to rescue a mutant from a secret government base. Little does Logan k...
4K 72 10
Adelaide Lehnsherr is now Adelaide Xavier. The world is not what it seemed, now that she's returned from Vietnam. Left with nightmares and post-traum...
30.7K 902 13
Before, running from her past seemed to be a struggle, but from the future? Now that's a whole different story. When Logan( aka Wolverine) shows up a...