[15] Fate doesn't ask what you want, fate knows what's best, even if you don't

As I walk down the halls, I just can't shake the feeling that something is

As I walk down the halls, I just can't shake the feeling that something is...off. No, it's not the perfectly painted walls or the newly scrubbed floors, it's me. Something inside of myself just seems to be utterly out of place. It's like when you wake up on the wrong side of the bed and the moment you peel open your eyes you can already tell the day is going to end horribly. The worst part of it all though, is that no matter how hard I try, no matter how much I concentrate, I still can't seem to pinpoint what exactly is the matter with me. So to sum that all up, either I'm being far more pessimistic than usual, or this is the moment that everything goes completely and utterly wrong. For the sake of everyone around me, all I can do is hope it's just option one.

Jean got up early this morning. I think she said something about turning in a paper? To be honest, I wasn't really paying her much mind. If anything at all, I was trying my hardest to block her out entirely. I'm not mad at Jean, she's my roommate, my friend. Today though, something about her is like a terrible beacon of what's to come. Maybe we're both radiating our suspicions? If that's the case, then this entire situation would have to be a whole lot more real then I would like. So in the end I just come to the solution I seem to have been coming to a lot lately. Out of sight, out of mind. I know, it does nothing at all to help my predicament. But if I know anything, it's that when bad things are searching me out, they always tend to catch me. So if I can escape them for even just a day, then I'll take that choice, everytime.

So to make a long story short, this morning I walk alone to class. Well, up until this very moment at least, when I begin to hear loud footsteps echoing down the halls, coming my way.

My instinct almost immediately open up my mouth to call out to the stranger, but luckily before I can pull off that stupid move my head kicks in and I shut up real fast. After all, no one typically walks this way. You see, about nine months ago I found a seemingly untouched hallway, one that acted as a perfect short cut from my room to the main area of the school. Seeing as this is a huge mansion that was inhabited by only two men for several years, it didn't exactly strike me as odd that there would be undiscovered corridors. What does put me on edge is the sound of someone else coming through. I mean, the only entrance points to this hall are pretty well hidden and the only two people I ever showed this place to are Jean, who is already in class and...

"Estelle?"

I jump at the sound of my own name and instantly tilt my head, shoving the unknown person into the wall.

"Who is it?" I question to no response. "Hey, who-"

My voice falters as I turn around only to see a human sized hole in the wall. I look down to my hands and then back up to the wreckage. I couldn't have done that...Sure, in the past I've pulled off pretty impressive feats but on a normal day I can only just lift a few people, maybe hovor them above the air for a few minutes. To throw someone with that much force...Well it just doesn't seem possible. People don't just wake up immensely stronger. You have to train and learn and study. To be fair though, I'm not just a regular person and as much as I hate to admit it, something like this has happened before. Last year, right before Charles and Hank showed up and whatever life I had was uprooted. Only days before I realized my dad had been lying to me my entire life. Barley one week before he went on live television and ruined whatever trust I could have had in him. So if it's happening again now, if history is repeating itself once again...