[3] Fate is what transfers you from what you are to what you wanna be

"Wait a second," Peter jumps up, suddenly having no interest in pacman

"Wait a second," Peter jumps up, suddenly having no interest in pacman. "I thought you said your dad was in jail."

I nod. "He is in jail. Pentagon jail...What is that not the same thing?"

Charles shakes his head. "I don't know what kind of trick you're playing but we're not going to fall for it."

"Fall for what?" I ask. "You're the ones who rush in here trying to prison break my dad. I should be the one asking the questions. Who are you?"

Charles looks like he's gonna say something else when the glasses guy holds him back. "I'm Hank Mccoy, this is Charles Xavier, and that's Logan. We need your fathers help to save the world."

"That does sound like something he'd be interested in." I say.

Charles scoffs. "Clearly you didn't know him very well."

I send him a look. "What is that supposed to mean? H-how do you even know my dad? He's never mentioned any of you."

"In the past we were friends with your father." Hank explains.

"No way," I say, crossing my arms. "My Dad doesn't have very many friends and you're definitely not one of them."

"Emphasis on the past, we haven't seen him in years." Charles states.

Peter leans over to me. "They telling the truth?"

I don't want to believe them, I seriously don't. My dad knew some weirdos but even for him being friends with this lot seems like a stretch. As I reach into their heads though, I only see the truth.

"Yeah," I sigh. "They're not lying."

"And how do you know that?" Charles questions before turning to Logan. "Who is she? Do you know her?"

He shakes his head, looking thoroughly confused. "No but I might have heard of her...it doesn't make sense though."

"You're the one not making sense." I rebuttal. "Let's just make this simple, alright? If you want to go break out my dad, great. We're on the same side. You're gonna need me though."

"And why is that?" Charles asks.

I narrow my eyes and put a finger to my forehead, focusing on speaking in his head. 'Because I can do this.'

He jumps back suddenly, eyes wide. "Thats-thats not possible."

"Clearly it is," I smirk.

"What did she do?" Hank asks.

Charles sputters. "S-she got inside my head. Spoke to me."

Peter looks at the man with a confused expression. "Okay how is that any weirder than what I've been doing this entire time?"

"Yeah." I nod, turning to Charles. "What's up with you?"

Charles composes himself and rubs his fingers through his messy hair.