3 A.M. » ot4

By afibloom

The rules are simple, they always have been: Don't go out of the safe confines of your home during the times... More

Prologue
1 - My Angel
2 - That Monster
3 - Slightly Psychotic Protector
4 - He Loves to Drown
5 - Angel on the Loose
6 - Burning the World Down
7 - Create Havoc
8 - Prey to Predators
9 - 4 A.M.
10 - My Guardian Angel
11 - 23 Hours
12 - Purgatory
14 - Our Savior
15 - Their Dark Love
Epilogue

13 - Castaway

691 41 25
By afibloom

☻♡

13 - Castaway

With a loud giggle, Michael couldn't stop laughing when Luke kept running towards the lake with Michael on his back.

"Luke!" He yelled out in disbelief when the monster threw them into the water. All while never letting go of the angel of course.

They both came up to the surface, immediately looking at each other with their laughs. Luke held the other against his chest this time, letting the angel wrap his legs around his waist to keep him up above the water.

"We're wet now." Michael pouted.

"No frowns, baby. Now I have to kiss it away."

From that, Luke leaned in and kissed Michael's lips gently. Michael accepted the kiss, being used to Luke's constant need of physical affection to make up for verbal affection.

It's already been a week of being in Purgatory and going to the lake at 3 A.M., but they've all learned more and more about each other as the days passed by.

"I...I need to tell you something." Michael said when he pulled away from the kiss to look at the monster, "About why I was casted away from Heaven."

"Of course, angel." Luke said, "You can tell me anything."

"I need to tell Calum and Ashton too."

"Let's go back to shore then."

Luke carried them out of the water, letting Michael walk by his side when they went to where Calum and Ashton were sitting on rocks.

Calum raised his hand, suddenly holding two blankets that he tossed at the angel and monster.

"You're both insane. It's freezing cold outside." Ashton commented at the wet pair.

Luke grinned when he pulled Michael into his lap, draping both the blankets over them, "Calm down, demon. It's not like we'll die."

"There's something that I need to tell you." Michael cut in before Luke and Ashton could start playfully arguing, making silently Ashton nod for him to continue.

"It's...It's not anything good." Michael said worriedly, looking down at his lap when he felt the fear of being honest erupt throughout his chest.

"Like the three of us are anything good, angel. You can tell us." Calum comforted the other, making Michael take in a deep breathe when he realized that this was when he was going to be completely honest with them.

"Ashton and Luke said that I should be honest to you about why I'm a castaway angel."

"You don't have to tell us." Ashton clarified, "Luke and I were only being stupid."

"One of us was." Luke sent a stuck out tongue to the demon. Ashton ignored it with a roll to his eyes.

"You were right. If you're going to protect me then you need to know why I'm not allowed into Heaven anymore."

"Okay then, angel. Tell us." Ashton said softly, "But look at us when you do so."

Michael slowly brought his head up to look at the two in front of him, feeling Luke squeeze his thighs comfortably as a motion of support.

"I was casted away because...because I killed someone. Someone who was innocent."

"Oh, baby." Luke frowned, "It's okay."

"It's not." Michael shook his head guiltily, "I got mad and I broke. I didn't mean to."

"You broke?" Ashton asked confused.

"I...I have light that comes out when I'm angry. I couldn't control it and that costed a human's life."

"When I was looking for you in the woods...Was that it?" Calum asked, earning a nod from Michael.

"That's rare energy. That makes your blood more valuable."

"Yeah I guess." Michael nodded briefly, looking down at his wrists to see them almost perfectly healed. Now he wouldn't have to be reminded of that night when he was attacked.

"You need to understand that it doesn't matter to us. We've killed thousands. You've killed one. You're so much more innocent than any of us will ever be." Ashton explained to the angel.

"You don't care?"

"Never." Ashton offered him a smile, "Even if you went out and killed the whole world I'd still love you."

"...What?"

Ashton's eyes widened when he realized what he had told the angel. He didn't mean to say the l word, but it naturally came out on its own.

But Ashton knew that he meant it.

"Look at this." A sudden voice tore them away from their moment.

Three women appeared onto the shore of the lake behind the group of soulmates, making the four of them peer at the smaller group. Familiarity for the group of women was felt.

"Luke." Michael said panicked, pushing himself more into the monster's chest for protection.

"It's fine. You're okay." He hugged the other more tightly into his chest, but Michael only shook his head as his eyes narrowed in fear at the approaching women.

One of the women's eyes snapped onto Michael's when they stopped where they were sitting, erupting a devious smirk.

"Angel, I've missed you roaming around the streets." She purred, earning a look of fear and three looks of anger.

Michael also saw Sierra there, but she knew that it wasn't her fight, "KayKay, stop it."

"What are you doing here?" Calum snarled out and stepped onto his feet, staring down Mali-Koa.

"It's nice to see you, brother."

"You're no sister of mine."

"That's fine. I'm just going to end up killing you with angel blood running throughout my veins again."

"Again?" Calum glared at her even more, making her smirk.

"You've stolen my angel. I want him back."

Luke and Ashton got onto their feet as well, ready to protect their angel. Michael could only watch with fear behind Luke.

"You're the ones who took his blood?" Ashton asked enraged.

"That would be a yes." KayKay smirked with her eyes still set onto the angel, "Give him to us and we'll go on our way."

"No." Luke growled at her, "If you want him then you'll have to get through me."

"Easy." She glared at the monster.

She then charged at them, having the plan to get through the blonde monster and to collect the angel as her own.

But before she could even make three steps closer to them, she suddenly stopped with a jolt taking over her body and a hand going through her chest with a black heart being held inside of it.

Michael's eyes widened from the violence, making him grip onto Luke's arm when he saw Calum brutally throw her and her heart to the ground.

A loud scream was heard from a distraught Mali-Koa, making them all look at the woman who pulled out a knife from her waistband.

Sierra didn't know where to lay her loyalties at, staying to the side as she tried to figure it out.

Calum tried to fight the knife out of the woman's hand, but she was full of rage. A woman full of a lifetime of scorn made him lose the battle when she slammed him on the ground and immediately charged towards Luke.

But Ashton ran in front of Luke, trying to protect them away from the woman that left Calum laying on the ground, trying to get up.

He went to grab the knife out of her hand like Calum had, but she easily dodged the movement. Instead, she stabbed the demon in the stomach.

Ashton groaned from the pain, falling to the side and left to watch the woman make her move onto the one monster that was left.

Luke scowled at her, sending a forceful hit to her face, causing her to stumble back from the force. She soon recovered though and grabbed the monster by the neck, pulling him away from the angel and throwing him to the ground.

The angel stared in disbelief when she smirked at him, taking slow steps towards her awaiting victim.

He tried to get away by stepping back, but she soon leaped forwards to grab the angel. She pulled him towards her and went for the kill, about to sink her teeth into the angel's neck.

But she suddenly jerked forwards motionlessly right as she was about to consume the angel's blood. She slowly looked down, seeing a too familiar tanned hand holding yet another black heart into his hand.

"My own brother..." She muttered before being discarded like trash just like the other monster.

Michael let out a cry of relief when Calum looked at him worried, seeing if he got hurt at all.

"You." Calum turned towards Sierra darkly, threatening her with his eyes, "You're next."

"Calum, no." Michael panically said, pulling Calum back towards him instead.

"She helped me the first time and she didn't make any move to hurt us today." He explained.

But Calum didn't care, "She was involved none-the-less. I don't hold any mercy."

Sierra worriedly watched when Calum explained this and continued to glare at her.

"Calum, please. Just this once let her go. We need to take care of Ashton and Luke."

Calum continued to glare at the woman, sending dangerous chills down her spine. He wasn't going to agree, since he was set on her death.

But the innocent angel placing his hand into Calum's and squeezing it caught the demon off guard, making him sigh when he realized that Michael had too much of an affect on him to deny him what he wanted.

"Leave." He ordered her, "If me or any of them three see you again then I will hunt you down and kill you. Do you understand?"

"Yes. Thank you."

"Don't thank me. Thank the angel."

She nodded appreciatively at Michael before running off and away from the lake, sure to stay away from the four for the remaining of her afterlife.

"Ashton." Michael instantly turned his attention on the knife wounded demon, picking his head up so his head would lay on his lap.

"I'm alright. It won't kill me." He groaned in discomfort.

Calum in response helped Luke up, holding the blonde onto his feet and keeping him steady.

"Fuck. She was strong." He groaned from the pain radiating throughout his body.

"Not anymore." Calum scoffed when he looked down at his sister's dead body, finding comfort that she was no longer alive in the afterlife, "I'll take us to the gates."

Then in a flash the four were in front of the rock wall, ready to go inside and take care of the wounded demon and monster.

—•••—

Sheeeesh. That fight scene was intense huh. 🙄

—☆⁎⁺˳✧༚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 285 25
#1: I'm panicking Amber. I don't know what to do. #2: I'm not Amber but why are you panicking? #3: Not Amber either. #4: Nope. Are you okay? - Where...
26.9K 1.6K 33
Calum shouldn't have gotten into the car...
109K 4.5K 29
{5SOS Ot4} (Calum-Centric sorta?) Ashton is a vampire. Calum is depressed. Luke is bullied. Michael is lonely. Ashton has his eyes on these three bro...
126K 2.2K 28
This book was originally by Calumsnuts but was given to me to finish. Calum wears 'girly' clothes and teases his band members a lot, his body become...