Finally, Home.

By avengerlifestyle

You grew up in the Red Room Academy with Natasha. She saved you and raised you as her own. After joining the... More

New Beginning.
A New Friend.
Finally.
We're Safe.
Nightmares.
Another Rescue Mission.
An Easy Day.
Plane Crash.
Emergency Room.
Let's Go Home.
Safety.
Broken.
I Won't Leave You
I'll Be Alright.
Intruder
Bring him home
Losing hope
Finally
Back to normal
Part title

A Little Bit of Fun.

2 0 0
By avengerlifestyle

The next morning, I open my eyes and Nat is gone. I sit up in the bed quickly and see Peter asleep in the chair in the corner of the room.

"Peter?" I ask and he jumps up.
"What? Oh yeah it's me." He says and calms down again.
"Where's Nat?"
"She wanted to go train, so she put me in charge of your safety." Peter says and salutes me.
"Uh. Okay." I say with a half smile.
"Ha! Gotcha. You definitely just smiled." He says proud of himself.
"Shut up." I say and pull the covers off me. I wince in pain from the bruise on my rips and Peter is there in a millisecond to help me.
"Thanks." I say and use him to help me up.

We walk out of Nat's room and into the kitchen. No one is there except Bucky, who's reading a newspaper.

"Could you give us a minute?" I ask Peter and he nods. Heading back down the hallway to his room.

"Hi." I say and Bucky looks at me with a small smile.
"How do you feel?" He asks.
"Better."

The two of us sit for a moment, not saying anything.

"I wanted to thank you." I say breaking the silence.
"For what?" He asks and I look at him.
"For avenging me." I say and he looks down.
"I wanted you to know he was never going to be an issue again. The situation had to be handled." Bucky says and I nod in agreement.

The silence takes over again and I rest my head on my hands. Bucky makes me feel safe, like Peter but different. Peter is sweet and loving towards me, Bucky is protective and stern. He's kind of like the father I never had.

"When he grabbed you in the jet. I thought I could strangle him to death in front of everyone." He says and I look up at him.
"No one would've blamed you." I respond and grab his metal hand in mine. "Thank you. For handling it." I say one last time then Steve and Tony come in.

"Good morning tinman! Good morning to you too y/n. I hope you two slept well." He says and let go of Bucky's hand.

We both stay silent, neither of us wanted to deal with Tony's shenanigans right now.

"How do you feel?" Steve asks and sits next to me.
"I'm fine." I say and he gives me a half fake smile.

"I heard it's someone's birthday tomorrow! We must celebrate. Party, anyone?" Tony says and my eyes grow with concern.
"No! Please no party." I say.

Everyone looks at me and Bucky stands up.
"She said no party. So there will be no party." He says and grabs a drink from the fridge.

I look at him and nod, thanking him for sticking up for me again. Tony sighs and rolls his eyes.

"How about just a dinner? With all of us?" He asks looking at me.
"Fine. But no one else." I respond causing him to grin.

Tony walks out with Steve close behind. They're always busy with something.

"Tomorrow's your birthday, then?" Bucky asks and I nod.
"Sadly. If you guys wouldn't have saved me in time... things would've been much worse." I say.
"Yeah. I remember what Nat told us at lunch the day you two moved in." Bucky says and gives me a kind look.

Peter comes in and starts looking through the pantry.
"Guys. I'm starving." He says making Bucky chuckle.
"I'll leave you two. I'll speak to you later." Bucky says rubbing my shoulder, then leaving.

I watched Peter look through all the cupboards trying to find food. It was cute seeing him struggle. He checked the fridge last and found eggs.

"Do you want some? I make some good scrambled eggs!" He says proudly.
"Yeah. I'd love some." I say and watch as he starts preparing breakfast.

As I sit there watching him, it's nice knowing that he cares about me. He really wants to see me get better. I do too, but who knows how long that will take. It's blissful being in the kitchen with just Peter, watching him make eggs. He's kind of struggling but finishes anyway.

"There." He says and places a plate in front of me. Then he grabs his plate and sits next to me. We sit in silence and I basically swallow the eggs hole, since I skipped dinner last night.

Peter notices how quickly I ate mine and smiles. He's barely ate half of his.
"You want mine?" He offers and I decline.
"No. I'm fine. You eat them." I say.
He looks at me and then continues to eat. He finishes in another minute or so.

He looks at me and smiles.

"So, I know we just got back, and if you're not ready that's fine, but would you wanna go on a date sometime?" He asks throwing me off guard.

"Peter, I don't know."

"No, it's totally fine. It was dumb." He says and puts his head down, obviously upset.

"I'd love to. How about tonight?" I say and his face lights up again.

"Yeah! We don't have to go anywhere I just want to show you something." He says and I nod.
"Sounds like a plan. I'll be ready at 6." I say and he nods.

Just as we finish our conversation, Nat walks in with Wanda.

"Y/n! I'm glad to see you're awake. You have got to see Wanda use her powers. It's amazing!" Nat says and Wanda laughs.

Then Wanda waves her hand and a red hue comes out of her palms. My eyes get wide as she lifts the dishes off the table and puts them into the sink, without touching them.

"Woah." I say.
"Pretty cool, huh?" Peter says and I can feel his eyes on me.

Wanda shows us a few more things and my eyes light up every time she does something telepathically. Then, as a finale, Wanda waves her hands and suddenly Peter is lifted off the ground.

"Hey! Put me down!" He says flailing in the air.
Nat laughs and I actually smile.
Wanda puts him down and he takes a deep breath.

"That's so cool." I say still smiling.
"I would show you more, but Tony doesn't like when I use my powers inside. Last time I might have accidentally broken a window." She says with a giggle.

Nat and Wanda continue a conversation and I look at Peter still smiling. He looks back at me in awe.

"You're smile is beautiful." He says.
I look down.
"Thanks." I respond.

The next few hours I spend sitting in my room. I thought I wasn't as upset anymore, but now that I'm just alone, I can almost feel that mans hands on me. I feel gross.

I decide to shower and get ready for my date, since it's about 5 now. While in the shower, I look down at my bruised body. I let out a sigh and some tears roll down my cheeks.

"Don't be a baby." I whisper to myself.

As I finish up showering, I wrap myself in a towel and walk into the bedroom. I grab some clothes, something that is good enough for a date, and throw it on. A pair of nice black pants and a sweater.

As I start to blow dry my hair, I can't help but stare at my bruised face. I've never been the insecure type, but seeing my face like this makes me wonder why Peter wants to take me out looking like this.

"Y/n?" I hear Nat's voice.
"I'm in the bathroom." I say.

She walks in and starts helping me with my hair.

"What are you getting all dressed up for?" She asks braiding my hair back.
"Peter asked me out." I say still looking at my face.
"That's great! I can tell he's happy when he's around you." She says then notices me at how sad I look. "You're still you. If he asked you out that must mean he likes you, no matter how bruised your face is." She says with a smile.

I look down and wonder if she's right. She finished my hair and a knock interrupts the silence.

Nat walks to the door and opens it to see Peter with a small bouquet of flowers.

"Oh hi, Miss Natasha. These are for y/n." He says and I walk out of the bathroom.

"They're beautiful Peter. Thank you." I say and take them.

"I'll find a vase you two have fun." Nat says and takes the flowers. Peter smiles and offers me his hand, which I take.

We walk out of the compound and there's a car waiting for us.

"Y/n, this is Happy. He's one of Tony's drivers. Happy please take us to the city." Peter says and the man in the driver seat nods.

The drive was short. I stared out the window and watched us approach the city. I don't want to look at Peter, since I know how bad my face looks. Happy turns into an alley and Peter opens my door for me.

"What are we doing?" I ask and he smiles at me.

"Do you trust me?" He asks and I turn my head.
"Yes." I say finally admitting that I trust him.

He shoots a web around my waist and ties me close to him. I furrow my eyebrows and get confused.

Why is he tying me to him?

He makes sure it's secure then wraps an arm around my waist, making me flinch.

"I'm sorry. Am I hurting you?" He asks and I shake my head. I'm kind of curious to see what he has planned.

Then all of a sudden he shoots his web to the top of the building and we're yanked into the air. He swings between two or three buildings and my stomach drops as I notice how high we are.

"Peter!" I scream and he chuckles.
"I have you." He shouts and I look around at how cool the view is from up here.

Without even realizing, I started laughing. The feeling in my stomach was making me laugh and I caught Peter looking at me.

"This is amazing!" I shout and he smiles.

Then he shoots a web and we land on top of a high rise. Right in the middle of the city.

"Wow. That was awesome." I say still smiling. Peter stares at me with a grin.
"I'm glad you had fun." He responds.

I look around at the building we're standing on as Peter unties me from him. I notice we're just in time to watch the sun set over the city.

"Did you plan this?" I ask pointing at the sunset.
"Yeah. Too cheesy?" He asks.
"No. It's great."

Peter takes me hands and leads me to the edge of the roof. I hesitate, but with his hand in mine I feel safe. He helps me to the edge and we dangle our feet over and watch the sun set behind the buildings.

"This is beautiful." I say and Peter looks at me.
"Yeah. It is." He says.

I turn to face him and then remember how bad my face looks. I turn away quickly trying to not be obvious that I'm not happy with how I look right now.

"What's wrong?" He asks. I stay quiet. "Come on. I have spider senses. I can tell your mood changed." He added and I chuckle.
"Of course you have spider senses."

"Come on you can tell me." He says gripping my hand.

"My face, it just looks bad, really bad. I don't want you to see me like this." I say and he uses his free hand to move my face to his.

"You're beautiful. Nothing will change my mind." He says with a smile.

I smile back.
"Thank you for this." I say and he nods.
"Anything to make you happy." He says.

I put my head on his shoulder and we both sit in silence, a good silence, as the sun disappears.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 3.1K 71
Your a young girl who had an unexpectedly event that changed your life forever the Avengers take you in as their new Recruit and soon you'll become o...
55.5K 1.5K 31
After finding her twin brother dead, little Wanda Maximoff is so heartbroken she can barely even comprehend anything. She has no home and now her onl...
118K 2.4K 18
My life has never been normal. As a baby, I was left on the doorstep of a S.H.I.E.L.D facility by my parents. Then, when I was barely old enough to w...
532K 15.8K 156
Adopted at a young age by Nicholas Fury, Y/N was raised as a Shield agent and was known to be one of the best. You were enhanced by Hydra before you...