✓ | Porcelain.

Af wheelsvoid

Quinn Barnes, unfortunately, was a demigod. It took her a long time to really understand the depth of it, and... Mere

PORCELAIN
graphic gallery !
table of contents !
prologue !
ACT ONE
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
ACT TWO
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
ACT THREE
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
ACT FOUR
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thirty eight
chapter thirty nine
chapter forty
chapter forty one
chapter forty two
chapter forty three
chapter forty four
chapter forty five
chapter forty six
end.

chapter seventeen

7.9K 238 70
Af wheelsvoid

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: SUNNY

The fight was finally over, and it would be nice if it was the last one, but I highly doubted that. Nowadays, there always seems to be another fight right around every corner.

It would be amazing to go back to the 40s for once, life seemed so much simpler back then. But, it was also harder in many ways-so now that I think of it, I don't miss the 40s, I miss my home.

It was just Bucky, Steve and I, and of course our families and what we had left. But I only think about the three of us. Those boys are the most important people in my life. I would do almost anything to get them both back.

"The rules have changed." Steve sighed as him, Tony, Thor and I walked the halls of the Avengers facility.

"We're dealing with something new." Tony piped up.

"Oh, the Vision is artificial intelligence."

"A machine."

"So, it doesn't count?" Steve questioned the genius to my left.

"No, it's not like a person lifting the hammer." Tony shrugged. I held back a smile as I glanced to Steve. He nudged my arm in response. I had a very strong feeling that this was going to be one of our inside jokes.

"Right, different rules for us." Steve pointed out as he gestured to us, and then himself.

"Nice guy. Artificial."

"Thank you."

"He can wield the hammer, he can keep the mind stone." Thor stated. "It's safe with the Vision. And these days, safe is in short supply." A short pause came after that as we all stopped, looking to the floor we stood on.

"But if you put the hammer in an elevator..." Steve questioned as he trailed off, his eyes never leaving the floor.

"It would still go up." Tony shrugged as he pointed to the Captain.

"Elevator's not worthy." Steve muttered with the shake of his head, his voice going up an octave. I chuckled softly.

"I'm gonna miss these little talks of ours." Thor admitted as he pat Tony's shoulder.

"Not if you don't leave." The billionaire sighed.

"I have no choice." The four of us continued walking while Thor spoke, "the mind stone is the fourth of the infinity stones to show up in the last few years. It's not a coincidence. Someone has been playing an intricate game and has made pawns of us. And once all these pieces are in position..."

"Triple yahtzee." Tony raised a brow as he looked at the god.

"You think you can find out what's coming?"

"I do. Besides this one," Thor joked as he pointed to Tony, "there's nothing that can't be explained." He smiled, beginning to walk away, but I stopped him before he could.

"Oh, and Thor?" I asked. He turned to me, raising a brow. I sent him a half smile, "my dad says hi." I could feel Steve and Tony turn to me in interest. I hadn't told them that my dad visited.

Thor beamed, "ah, Apollo." He flashed me a smile. "I'll have to catch up with him. It's been so long."

I nodded slowly, "about... two or three years now?"

Thor sighed. "Too long." Then he pat me on the shoulder, "well, I'll be off now. Until next time, daughter of light." He smiled at me before walking forwards, taking off in a bright beam of light.

There were a few moments of silence before Tony broke it. "That man has no regard for lawn maintenance." He mumbled with a hint of humour in his voice. I looked down at the grass and smiled softly at the pattern that was burned into the ground that Thor left behind when he took off.

Steve put an arm around my shoulder while the three of us walked towards Tony's very expensive car. "I'm gonna miss him, though." Tony said truthfully, "and you're gonna miss me. There's gonna be a lot of manful tears."

"I will miss you, Tony." Steve admitted softly as he looked at the man.

"Yeah? It's time for me to tap out. Maybe I should take a page out of Barton's book. Build Pepper a farm, hope nobody blows it up."

Steve smiled softly with a nod, "the simple life."

"You'll get there one day." Tony mumbled, glancing at me.

"I don't know. Family, stability... the guy who wanted all that went in the ice 75 years ago. I think someone else came out." Steve sighed as I looked up at him.

"You all right?" Tony asked him while opening his car door.

Steve looked around the area we stood in before sighing, "I'm home."

Tony smirked before getting in his car. "Well, I guess I'll see you later, Barnes. Hopefully." He sent me his signature Tony Stark smirk.

"I'm gonna miss you." I smiled as I walked over and gave him a hug through the car window. "So much."

"Don't get all sappy on me, Sunny." He chuckled.

Steve nodded before walking in the direction of the Avengers facility, a small smile on his face. "Did he just call me Sunny?" I mumbled in confusion, which caused Steve to laugh.

Steve and I looked at Natasha who was staring at a wall with her arms crossed, deep in thought.

"You wanna keep staring at the wall, or do you wanna go to work?" Steve asked teasingly. Natasha turned around at the sound of his voice with a small smile, shaking her head subtly. "I mean, it's a pretty interesting wall."

"I thought you and Tony were still gazing into each other's eyes." Natasha joked back.

"How do we look?" Natasha asked as Steve handed her a tablet.

"Well, we're not the '27 yankees." Steve mumbled as we started walking.

"We got some hitters."

"They're good. They're not a team."

"Let's beat them into shape."

The three of us walked through a door while we looked at the people around the room.

Rhodey looked over at us, his helmet opening to reveal his face. Then, Vision turned around when he heard the sound of the doors opening, his attention now on us.

Sam flew down in his wings, which I had to admit, they were pretty cool. I've always loved his wings. Finally, Wanda used her magic-she was wearing a new suit that looked great on her-to float down the the ground, her hair perfectly curled.

I smiled softly at her, earning one back before we all looked to Steve. The Captain opened his mouth to speak as he looked around at everyone, "Avengers..."

-----
lizzie speaks...

if this book does really well i might continue all the way to endgame, we'll see :))

update: i'm abt to start writing endgame so that's fun

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

4.8K 265 17
𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒 *SLOW UPDATES* ❝In which a little girl is cursed by the people she once trusted, and is forced to save the world. All...
177K 5.9K 26
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*COMPLETED*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ "im so sick of 17, wheres my fucking teenage dream?" (content warning ;; smut, cursing, fighting, mention of blood and...
76.5K 1.4K 38
This story starts off during Avengers Age of Ultron and continues till the end of Civil War. Y/N Rogers is the daughter of Steve and Peggy. She was b...
62.4K 1.9K 21
"You're a sly one." he says, clutching his side. I hold my arms up with a shrug. "I am the daughter of a trickster after all." "Mhm, I can see why my...