I Die Often Hank

By Mr_Loverman89

Usually, the first thing the love of your life says to you isn't "you're covered in blood". Then again, usual... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72: Weddings, Fake Names, and Ex-Flings
Chapter 73: Honeymoons, Security Guards, and Helicopter Noises
Chapter 74: Reunions, Jealousy, and Third First Impressions
Chapter 75: Planes, Hotels, and Boarding Schools
Chapter 76: Bars, Boulders, and Bears
Chapter 77: Friendship, Ditching, and Ziplines
Chapter 78: Jumping, Collapsing, and Lying
Chapter 79: Hangovers, Liers, and Blizzards
Chapter 80: Smut, smut, and smut
Chapter 81: Snowmen, Professors, and Wade
(SPOILERS!) Full Book Summary
Book Stats As Of Completion

Chapter 44

295 17 15
By Mr_Loverman89

Crimson's POV:

Charles had called all of us to the lounge for an announcement. I'm not sure what they'd be announcing. Was Charles pregnant? Wait no. Is Erik pregnant?

"Nobody is pregnant," Charles spoke in my head. 

Relieved I took my seat in the lounge and soon everyone had arrived. It was still very weird to see Charles just walking around. 

"As you all know, humans don't exactly take too well to being around mutants and mutants need special help with their powers. So, we've decided to make this into a proper school for mutants. Younger mutants will be taught a regular education as well as a special mutant education." Charles announced. Everyone looked surprised and confused. 

"Who's gonna teach them?" Peter asked. 

"We will. All of us," Erik answered and everyone grew more confused. 

"We've already made the choices as to what each of you will be teaching. I will be teaching English. Erik will be teaching human history. Hank will be teaching science. Peter will be teaching PE. Logan will be teaching mutant history. Scott will be teaching math. Crimson will be teaching engineering. Jean will be teaching art. Kurt will be teaching life skills." Charles continued. Everyone seemed to ponder their class. They all fit each of us pretty well. 

"Students and classes will be separated into tiers by age. Tier 1 ages 5 to 7. Tier 2 ages 9 to 11. Tier 3 ages 12 to 14. Tier 4 ages 15 to 17. Tier 5 ages 18 or older. Make your classes appropriate for each individual Tier. In addition to your regular class, each of you will be assigned a group of students to help with controlling and utilizing their abilities. Those classes are sorted by abilities, not Tiers." 

"So, each student will be taking 10 classes. They will alternate between schedules of taking classes 1 through 5 one day and then 6 through 10 the next. It is your job to get your classrooms and curriculums ready for the fall."

"Also, you will be sent out in pairs to recruit hard to reach, but in need potential students."

"Keep in mind, while King Andrew hasn't done anything lately he is still very much a threat to all of us and soon to our students. We have to keep our guards up and continue our own training."

Then Charles pulled a map out and laid it down on the table. The map had the layout of the whole school and each of its many floors. 

"Floor 1 is administrative stuff, medbay, cafeteria, kitchens, laundry rooms, etc. Floors 2 and 3 will be all of our classrooms, I'm going to knock down some walls to make them a more appropriate size. Floors 4, 5, and 6 will be all the students' bedrooms. And floor 7 will be our bedrooms." Erik spoke pointing around the massive map. Great, we all have to move rooms again. 

"Just like in their classes their rooms will also be sorted out by Tier. Floor 4 is for Tiers 1 and 2 and they will be sharing rooms in pairs. Floor 5 is for Tier 3's and they will have individual rooms. Floor 6 is for Tiers 4 and 5 and they will also get individual rooms. Student bedrooms will not have locks, but ours will."

"We will also be recruiting a mutant to work in the cafeteria and prepare everyone's meals. She should arrive a week before the students."

Later that day

I was assembling the tables for my classroom will Charles walked in. He silently observed for a while before breaking the silence. 

"I need you and Hank to speak a particularly troublesome mutant. He could really use our help, but he is a bit abrasive. He's a Tier 5 and he is somewhat injured, the injury renders his mutation unuseable. However, he is a little different because he has a history with one of us and it isn't exactly a good one."

"Just tell me where we're going"

Charles grabbed Hank and explained the situation in a similarly weird and cryptic manner before sending us off in the car to speak with this mysterious mutant. After a few hours of idle conversation and seemingly endless stretches of highway, we pulled up to an abandoned warehouse. The place seemed worse for wear, the walls were damaged and rusted. 

We moved out of the car and towards the warehouse. After a few minutes, we were able to find an openable entrance. We slowly pried the door open and stepped inside the dark warehouse. It was basically empty, the only thing in the place was a beat-up old couch, a pile of clothes, and some bottles of alcohol. I looked around and I didn't really see the mutant anywhere, but he had to be around here somewhere because loud rock music was coming from somewhere. 

Hank nudged my arm and pointed upwards. I looked to where he was pointing and I spotted the silhouette of a man standing up on the rafters of the warehouse. I swear to god if he jumps off those damn rafters. The man stood still for a few moments before a pair of large wings spread out coming from his back. I looked at the outline of them and I could tell something was wrong, the shapes didn't match up with each other, this must be the injury Charles told us about. 

He took a step forward and one of his feet was placed out into the open air. He better not do what I think he's gonna do. He moved his other foot out into the open air and started to fall fast. It looked like he was about to divebomb into the concrete. At close to the last second he adjusted his wings to swoop him away from the ground and directly towards us. He made it within a few feet of us before his left-wing made its injury known causing him to tumble down to the ground. He rolled on the ground his right-wing forming a protective shield around his body. He finally stopped on the floor right beneath my feet. 

I finally got a better look at him and I noticed his wings were covered in blood and the left one was badly damaged. He had curly blond hair and reeked of booze. I stuck my hand out to help him up but he slapped it away. 

"We're here to invite you to attend a special school for mutants like ourselves. You'll train with people like yourself and learn to master your abilities." Hank spoke. 

"Just shut up and get out" The man spoke. 

"What's your name?" I asked. 

"Warren, Warren Worthington The Third" Warren answered. 

"Warren, do you want to spend the rest of your life drunk and alone in abandoned buildings?" I questioned. 

"I am perfectly fine with things as they are" Warren answered getting up off the ground. He turned to walk away from us and I decided to just go big or go home. 

"I bet you'd like your wings to be back to their former glory" I teased out. He immediately turned around and stared into my soul.

"Can you do that? Fix them?" Warren asked.

"That depends, will you attend our school?" Hank asked. Warren seemed conflicted and Hank pulled out a business card. Warren stared down at it for several seconds before taking it and tucking it into the pocket of his leather jacket. 

"When's the first day of school?" Warren asked. 

"September 1st" Hank answered. 

"Alright I'll fix your wings, but do you mind if we have a seat first?" I questioned not wanting to pass out from fatigue on the floor. Warren looked confused, but untimely nodded and led us to his couch. I took a seat and so did Warren while Hank opted to stand. Warren eyed Hank suspiciously before looking back at me. I began to focus my energy on very positive memories and I started to feel the tiredness arrive from large uses of my power. Warren's eyes lit up with both delight and confusion. He gave me the smallest of smiles before his face turned to one of concern and soon I passed out onto the old couch. 

About an hour later

I woke back up and was confused for a brief second before remembering what had occurred. Warren was looking at me while Hank sat on the floor nearby. Warren noticed that I woke up and his expression changed rapidly.

"I thought you had died," Warren spoke getting Hank's attention.

"Maybe, I did we still don't really know how it works. Dying isn't really a big deal." I spoke and Warren gave me 'what the fuck' kind of look. "I should explain my mutation allows me to heal myself and others, but healing wounds on others destroys my energy way more than healing myself. I've died many times before, I just need time to heal and everything is fine." I explained. 

"Does it hurt?" Warren questioned. 

"I'm incapable of feeling any physical pain because Hank here fucked around with my nerve cells and took that away." Hank gave me a look that tells me I could've phrased that better.

"Wouldn't the nerve cells just heal?" Warren asked. Hank and I both looked at each confused. He did have a point. 

"I mean in theory, yes, but in practice, I guess not. We've never really questioned it. It is somehow tied to my mutation because when my mutation was taken, I could feel pain again." I spoke. 

"Somone took your mutation?" Warren asked looking rather alarmed. Shit. Shit.

"A very evil human did, but he is dead now and all his research was destroyed, so don't worry about it," I answered. Warren looked relieved and then turned to look at Hank. 

"What's your mutation?" Warren asked Hank. 

"I- uh well I'm very smart," Hank answered. 

"That's it?" Warren asked looking unimpressed. Hank stood up and took his shoes off and then his socks revealing his hand feet. Warren bit his tongue and nodded. "I bet that's handy," Warren spoke with a wink. 

"Show him the other thing," I spoke. Warren suddenly seemed interested in the conversation again. 

"I don't want to ruin my clothes," Hank explained. Warren looked increasingly confused. 

"Just take the jacket off, everything else should just stretch," I continued pushing him to get past his shyness. Hank removed his jacket and began his transformation. His body increased in size and the blue fur seeped out of his skin. Warren looked on in awe and watched his carefully. Hank ran around the warehouse quickly before leaping around and climbing higher and higher up. Hank ended his little show by dangling from the rafter above us. 

"I mean that's cool I guess," Warren spoke clearly trying to appear cool and unaffected. 

Hank jumped down and shifted back into his normal form and got redressed. I stood up from the couch. Hank and I made our way out of the warehouse. I looked back and saw Warren inspecting his wings with a huge grin on his face. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

217K 6.9K 43
"My name is Charles Xavier " he says, "and this is my friend Erik Lensherr. We're here, your safe now." Before you pass out in his arms you choke out...
35.2K 978 17
Life is hard for so many people, but for me, it's different. No matter how much that has happened to me, I have tried to keep my head high. Until one...
27.7K 849 19
~she was a beauty that never wanted the prince... she always wanted the beast ~ {so raven saved kurt from the fighting rings, but what if someone els...
84.9K 2.1K 16
"No running through the hallway!" I yelled as two boys ran past me. "Yes Professor." They said as they slowed down. I smiled as I shook my head and...