Commander, Soldier, Spy (Erwi...

By emijb55

(#1- Erwin (1st Dec 2021!) When forced to choose between new found love or life long duty, how can you be sur... More

Authors note
Chapter 1: Eye-Water
Chapter 2: Name of Love
Chapter 3: Changes
Chapter 4: Thank You
Chapter 5: Dust to Dust
Chapter 6: This side of Paradise
Chapter 7: IDK you yet
Chapter 8: Ocean Eyes
Chapter 9: Zero Eclipse
Chapter 10: Two
Chapter 11: The End of Love
Chapter 12: Arcade
Chapter 13: Runaway
Chapter 14: Evermore
Chapter 15: Liability
Chapter 16: Moral of the story
Chapter 17: Cover me in Sunshine
Chapter 19: The night we met
Chapter 20: Happier
Chapter 21: Sleep Thru Ur Alarms
Chapter 22: Guillotine
Chapter 23: Like or Like Like
Chapter 24: Impatiently Falling
Chapter 25: Shades of Blue
Chapter 26: Songbirds
Chapter 27- She Had the World
Chapter 28- La Vie en Rose
Chapter 29- War of Hearts
Chapter 30- Are you with me?
Chapter 31- Dandelions
Chapter 32-Only
Chapter 33- Turning Page
Chapter 34- From the Dining Table
Chapter 35- Everything works out in the end
Chapter 36- I hear a symphony
Chapter 37- My future
Chapter 38- Love at first sight
Chapter 39- Electric Love
Chapter 40- Fields of gold
Chapter 41- Happy Accidents
Chapter 42- We don't talk anymore
Chapter 43- Guys my age
Chapter 44- Home to you
Chapter 45- Icarus
Chapter 46- Only a matter of time
Chapter 47- Listen before I go.
Chapter 48- No Time to Die
Chapter 49- Achilles Come Down
Chapter 50- Secrets and Lies
Chapter 51- Who am I?
Chapter 52- Behind the Mask
Chapter 53- Somewhere only we know
Chapter 54- Somebody else
Chapter 55- Home
Chapter 56- Stars
Chapter 57- Home (ii)
Chapter 58- Atlas:Heart
Chapter 59- The Most Beautiful Thing
Chapter 60- One last kiss
Chapter 61- The Call
Chapter 62- Don't give up on me
Chapter 63- Meet me on the battlefield
Chapter 64- Soldier
Chapter 65- Till Forever Falls Apart
Chapter 66- The Butterfly Effect
Chapter 67- Goodbye to a world
Chapter 68- Demons and Angels
Chapter 69: War
Chapter 70: Can you feel my heart?
Chapter 71- Talking to the Moon
Chapter 72- Hearing
Chapter 73- Home (iii)

Chapter 18: Touch

647 35 54
By emijb55

The sky was dark and large raindrops fell and tumbled down the windows of the meeting room inside Survey Corps HQ. Erwin sat at the head of a long table with many other members of the Survey Corps discussing the next mission.

"To summise, we will escort Eren Jaeger, along with my squad, out to the exterior base, which is approximately a days journey from Wall Maria. We will use the formation laid out under our new strategy and use smoke signals and flares when calling for assistance. Any questions?" Levi asked addressing the room. Everyone shook their heads but Levi's eyes bore into the top of Erwin's head as he sat with his chin resting on his hand dozing off.

Miche elbowed Erwin in the ribs. Being startled awake Erwin composed himself.
"Yes, uh, very good Levi. Thank you everyone. Get some rest." Everyone got up and left the room.

"Thank you, Miche. I appreciate it." Erwin said. Miche simply nodded in response before leaving the room.

Levi still stood motionless staring at Erwin his eyes dark.

"Something wrong, Captain?" Erwin asked his eyebrows furrowing.

"Tch." Levi picked up his teacup walked out the room.

Once the door closed Erwin rubbed his eyes before also getting up and returning to his office.

Erwin yawned and sat down in his desk chair scratching his head. He moved his fingers to the tea stain on his desk as his calloused fingers traced it's outline. He sighed thinking about her again made his heart ache.

Hange knocked carefully on the door peeking in.
"Commander? Mind if I borrow your time for a moment?" They asked smiling slightly.

"Sure. Come in." Erwin replied barely lifting his head.

Hange walked in and sat down in the chair normally housing Levi.
"So... Basically, Levi and I have been talking. And we've decided you're depressed. So, we came to the conclusion- Well more like I came to the conclusion that the best course of action to boot kick you out of this rut is a DATE!" Hange exclaimed excitedly.

"Huh?" Erwin shook his head blinking in shock

"You're going on a date!" Hange repeated

"I'm not going on a date. Who would want to go on a date with me, anyway?" Erwin chuckled sadly

"Well, her name is Marie and she says she knows you from WAYYYY back in the day. I mean like WAYYYY back. Like 20 years ago!" Hange grinned

"Marie...are you talking about Marie Vogel?" Erwin smiled a little thinking about simpler times when he and his best friend Nile Dok would hang around in bars during their free time, and how they met a young bar maid and both of them instantly had a crush on her.

"Indeed I am! Isn't it great! The date is set for tonight so you better start getting ready!!" Hange shrieked as they exited the room.

"Tonight? Goodness. I really ought to take a bath then." He got up and made his way into the bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Erwin straightened his tie and combed his hair into place. He looked in the mirror touching the empty arm of his jacket. He thought about how much y/n had helped him but shook the thoughts from his mind. He was nervous and he couldn't deny it. But even if it didn't work out between them he hoped spending time with another woman might help him forget about y/n completely.

He pushed a small daisy into his pockets buttonhole before turning and heading for the door.

He met Marie at the entrance to the Survey Corps HQ and bowed graciously.

"Marie... It's been a long time." He smiled as he took her hand planting a gentle kiss on it.

Marie was a curvy girl with thick Auburn hair that tumbled down her shoulders in large ringlets
"Indeed it has, Erwin. Far too long actually." Marie's cheeks flushed as her eyes met Erwins.

"Hange informs me that we are going to dinner?" Erwin held out his arm and Marie took it holding onto it delicately

"Yes, we are." Marie giggled slightly "Although it was planned by Hange so expect the unexpected."

"Of course." He smiled at her warmly.

They soon arrived at the 'restaurant' which consisted of a blanket laid over a tree stump with a pillow laid down on either side.

"Ah, I see what you meant now by the unexpected. It's very uh ... Quaint..." Erwin chuckled nervously and Marie laughed too as they made their way over and sat down.

"WELCOME LADY AND GENTLEMAN TO LE TABLEAU DE TITAN, THE GREATEST RESTAURANT WITHIN THE WALLS!!" Hange appeared cartwheeling across the grass before stopping in front of the table.

"On tonight's menu we have a delicious 2 course meal complete with beverages. For the Main course A delectable vegetable stew and fresh baked bread. And for dessert freshly picked fruit." Hange was grinning ear to ear making sure to embellish and exaggerate every word. "To start off this evening we have some light entertainment from our wonderful in-house juggler! Section Commander by day juggling sensation by night! Please give a warm welcome to the newly promoted ....MICHE ZACHARIUS!!!!!

"Wow. How exciting" Marie whispered happily as Miche strode out in a full jesters costume complete with bells and began to juggle a trio of apples from one hand to the other.

Hange walked up proudly and presented Erwin and Marie each with a steaming bowl of stew.

"Enjoy!!" They said happily and moved aside. Erwin looked around and spied Levi in a nearby tree staring at Marie intently. He chuckled a bit to himself before looking back down at the stew and beggining to eat.

Marie and Erwin made small talk over dinner and soon emptied their bowls.

"So tell me Erwin. What's your favorite thing to do in your spare time?" Marie asked.

"Well...I don't really get any free time... Especially not lately. But if I did I suppose I enjoy taking walks around the grounds and studying the wildlife that inhabits it." Erwin replied.

"WINE?" Hange appeared holding a bottle of wine and poured it into glasses. Miche was still juggling looking exhausted. He slowly stopped and sat down.

"UM! I think not Miche! Keep going!" Hange commanded.

"Sorry..." Miche struggled to his feet.

"Miche... It's okay... Go get some rest." Erwin was on his feet his hand on Miche's shoulder taking the apples from him.

"Enjoy the rest of your evening you two." Miche said relieved as.he walked off back towards HQ.

"AWWW ruining my fun..." Hange pouted. "Well those are your dessert so I guess I'll leave you two to it. Come on Levi!" They walked off taking the rest of the wine with them.

Erwin and Marie sat and finished their wine watching the sun slowly starting to set.

"How about we take a walk to where the wildlife that you like to look at is? I'm intrigued as to what could keep be so beautiful as to take your mind off of it." Marie suggested standing up.

"Of course. That sounds wonderful."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Erwin walked the same path that he had done with y/n a mere few months ago but this time he was with Marie. They held hands as they walked and admired the scenery as the sun slowly crept out of sight behind the walls.

They looked at the wildflowers and continued talking to each other and just enjoying each other's company. But the longer they walked the path the more Erwin's mind became clouded. He found himself picturing himself walking with y/n instead of Marie and no matter what he did to shake it he couldn't help but feel like he was walking with the wrong girl.

Marie bent down and plucked a flower
"Hey, look. Isn't this chamomile? It's said that if given to someone it means their wishes will come true." She held it up examining it.

Erwin froze. What had Y/n wished for on that day? If only he knew.

"I'm sorry. I have to go." Erwin turned and began walking quickly towards HQ. He pulled the now drooping Daisy from his buttonhole and dropped it on the ground as he walked away.

"So much for 'new beginnings' " He said to himself through gritted teeth as he rounded the corner leaving Marie alone in the meadow the chamomile still in her hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.9K 747 16
Young Erwin smith currently working his way as the new commander of the Survey Corp after his marriage fell apart without any actual reason is soon m...
92.6K 2.8K 37
Y/n was there when wall Maria fell and she lived in the underground ever since. She fought her way to the top in the underground, it was the only way...
84.4K 3.7K 66
Growing up on the street of Liberio was never easy. The only way out was to join the warrior unit to insure the safety of you and your sister. What h...
311K 7.8K 90
{Levi Ackerman x FEM! Reader} The artwork in this fanfic's book cover isn't mind. Credits to the rightful owner. [Slow Burn] Synopsis: Y/N never thou...