Replaced

By aimlesssorrows

[BOOK 1] [NOT EDITED] ❝if you were to describe me in one word, what would it be?❞ she had the perfect life, w... More

introduction
prologue | fired
chapter 1 | school
chapter 2 | dad
chapter 3 | friends
chapter 4 | sleep
chapter 5 | touch
chapter 6 | attraction
chapter 7 | karla
chapter 8 | momma
chapter 9 | funeral
chapter 10 | roadtrip
chapter 11 | pranks
chapter 12 | thoughts
chapter 13 | job
chapter 15 | birthday
chapter 16 | escape
chapter 17 | pain
chapter 18 | authority
chapter 19 | everleigh
chapter 20 | truth
chapter 21 | distance
chapter 22 | apologies
chapter 23 | bar
chapter 24 | drunk
chapter 25 | penthouse
chapter 26 | moonlight
chapter 27 | call
chapter 28 | shooting
chapter 29 | bracelet
chapter 30 | worthless
chapter 31 | firefly
chapter 32 | confession
chapter 33 | flowers
chapter 34 | basketball
chapter 35 | promise
chapter 36 | disagreement
chapter 37 | surprise
chapter 38 | chase
chapter 39 | happiness
chapter 40 | gala
chapter 41 | spider
chapter 42 | jacuzzi
chapter 43 | us
chapter 44 | results
chapter 45 | replaced
epilogue | letter
author's note
squeal

chapter 14 | shopping

46.8K 1K 1.4K
By aimlesssorrows

•••

I met up with Karla at the coffee shop.

I decided to finally purchase a phone today with the little extra money I had left. The medical bill wasn't as much as I thought it was. So, I had a little extra money I could spend.

I went to the Apple store while Karla went to a clothing store right beside me.

I got the phone and the sim card for it to actually work. It was fully charged as well.

I really have a phone now.

AHHHH.

I went to Karla and she was looking through the dresses.

"You got it?" she asked.

"Yeah, lemme get your number," she tells me her number and I put it in my contacts. I also put my mom's number in my contacts.

"Okay, I got it,"

"Alright, text me so I have your number," she said picking out a navy color dress.

"Would this look nice?" she asked as she put the dress on herself still in the hanger.

"Yeah, it brings out your eyes," I tell her truthfully.

"Okay," she grabs the dress. I look through the other dresses and I found a black dress but it was above the knee I'm not sure if I'm comfortable wearing that.

"You should totally buy that," she said eyeing the dress I was holding.

"It's short though,"

"Who cares, it's your body. And, if you want to wear something you're going to goddamn wear it. Fuck everyone else," she said.

"Hmm... okay," I got the dress and it was on sale.

I also got a long black dress with floral designs on it. I like this one more.

We went into Sephora because Karla wanted some makeup. She went over to the Two-Faced section and picked out her makeup.

"Ohh... can I do your makeup someday?" she asked.

"I don't really wear makeup,"

It's not my thing.

"Please it will be natural,"

"I don't know..."

"Okay, I'm going to do it," she concluded. I just laughed at her overly excited face.

"I don't even have make-up," she turned around so quick with her eyes wide open.

"What?" she was in shock.

I muffled a giggle and confirmed.

"I'm going to buy you all the makeup,"

"What no," I declined immediately.

"Yes," she started picking up concealer, mascara, lipstick, lip gloss, eyeliner, primer, blush, and so on.

"No, I'm good,"

"I know but I want to treat my best friend so let me,"

I tried to stop her a couple of times afterward but she wouldn't agree. She bought me a whole makeup routine which was so unnecessary. I offered to pay since it's my stuff technically. But, she declined and paid.

"Let's eat," she examined.

"Yeah, sure,"

We went to a small food place outside of the mall and ate food. I ordered chicken tenders and fries and she orders a caesar salad with chicken.

After eating and chatting about everything and anything. She convinced me to get a social media account, and so I did.

It was getting pretty late so she kindly dropped me off at Connor's house. I thanked her and told her today was a good day and stepped outside the car. I had my backpack on my back, and I was holding the dress bag and Sephora bag.

I rang the bell since I don't have a key.

Connor opened the door and let me inside.

"You were gone for so long," he said after I stepped inside.

"Yeah, Karla wanted to go shopping today," I told him.

"Of course,"

"Sta 'zitto," I smirked because so remembered how Chase told me to say that.

"You know Italian?" he asked shocked.

I laughed and said "No, Chase told me how to say that after I asked him so I could use it against you,"

"Oh," he looks relieved.

"I also know what you said in Santa Monica," I said proudly.

Why wasn't he telling me? It's just sister.

Weirdo.

"You do?" his eyes were wide open and his jaw was open.

"Yeah," I confirm.

"So you know it means-," I cut him off before he could complete his sentence "It's mean sister, I know. Chase told me," I completed his sentence and make my way towards the stairs.

"Yeah it means sister," he ran a hand through his hair. His face that went pale was back to its normal state.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask him going up the stairs.

"Uh... I wanted you to think I said something else when in reality I was saying sister," he chuckled.

"Alright weirdo," I enter my room. I put the dress bag on my bed and the Sephora bag in the bathroom. I put the makeup in the cabinet. I then placed the dresses in my closet. I pulled out my phone to check what time it was.

It's so weird having a phone.

It's surreal.

It was 8:47 pm so I went downstairs since I didn't have homework left. Connor was sitting on the couch with his phone and AirPods.

I slowly made my way towards him to scared him.

"Jasmin welcome," he said before I could even scare him.

"Come on," I whined sitting next to him and he laughed.

"Are you hungry?" I asked since he doesn't know how to cook and his parents weren't home.

"No, I order take out," he said. I nodded my head.

"Are you?" he asked.

"No, I ate with Karla," I tell him.

I should probably text Karla so she has my number. I take out my phone and send a quick text to Karla.

Me:
Hi Karla, it's Jasmin :)

"You're telling me you had a phone this whole time and you didn't think it would be a good idea giving me your number," Connor examined.

"I just got it today," I tell him.

"Oh... add me," I added him into my contacts as well.

"Wanna watch a movie," Connor asked turning on the tv. I nodded my head.

"Let's watch Avatar," Connor said excitedly. I never watched it.

"Yeah sure," he put the movie on and we started watching it.

I honestly fell asleep through the movie probably because of the long day I had. And that basketball game was not it.

I woke up in my bed surprisingly. I got up stretching my arms out and yawning. I go to my bathroom and take a shower. I brushed my teeth and rinse my mouth with mouthwash. I left my hair hanging.

I put on my undergarments and put on a green cropped hoodie. I paired it with simple blue ripped jeans and put on some white shoes.

I go downstairs and Connor is in the kitchen.

"What do you want to eat," I ask him.

"Scrambled eggs," he said and sat down on the stool by the counter.

"Okay," I started to make the scrambled eggs and toasted from bread. I also poured some orange juice into two glasses. After the eggs very cooked, I placed them on the plates.

I handed the plate to him and put one in front of me.

"Are you coming to Chase's birthday?" Connor asked.

"Uh... no," I said dumbly.

"What? Why not?"

"I'm not invited," I say with a laugh.

"Oh come on, of course, your invited," he said. "It's only close friends this time," he added.

"Oh okay,"

"We are just going to go to a private restaurant," he told me the plans.

"Alright," my responses were so dry. I didn't know what to say though.

Afterward, we left for school. Connor didn't attend school because he said he had work-related stuff to do and so didn't Chase or Anthony.

I stayed with Karla for most of my day. She asked where the boys were and I told her work-related stuff.

When school ended, I walked to work. Work was the same but this time I was on the cash register which was fun at first but then quickly got tiring with repetitive routine. I saw some people from school but I just avoided eye contact.

After I was done I picked my stuff up and headed towards Connor's house. The mall was pretty far from the house but it wasn't too bad.

I opened the door since Conor gave me a key to the house and entered. The Willams was still on a business trip and I think Connor was still at work. I went upstairs and read my book on my bed. I also changed into my nightwear deciding to not take it. a shower at night today because I'm honestly very tired. I laid down and fell asleep.

This routine lasted for a couple of days. Connor would drop me off at school and leave for work. But the last few days Karla hasn't been coming to school as well.

I texted her and she told me she had the flu. I sent her 'get well soon' wishes. I hope she was better though. I was alone at school and would just go to the library during lunch. Work was also the same I wasn't a big fan of working there but I needed the money.

Connor would come home fairly late so I wouldn't get to see him as often. I haven't seen Chase and Anthony for days now. I see Connor in the mornings supporting dark circles and he always has a stressful face on.

I asked him but he just told me it's work and they are overworking them.

I started the essay that was due since Chase, Anthony, and Connor was all busy I decided to just complete it by myself. I hope they are okay with me just doing it. They can change anything they don't like.

For the past few days, I have been very bored. I visited my mom a ton and she's doing a lot better. The treatment is going really well so far. I was happy about that.

Connor's parents also came back. His dad looked stressed and he would always be in his office attending calls or on his computer. His mom would help Connor's dad out or do her own work on her computer.

Unknown:
Your coming right, firefly?

Somebody texted me.

Who?

Chase is the only one that calls me firefly for some reason.

Me:
Chase?

Unknown:
Yes, firefly.

Me:
How did you get my number?

Chase:
Connor gave it to me.

Me:
Oh.

Chase:
You're coming to the restaurant tomorrow, right?

Me:
I'm invited?

Chase:
I wouldn't ask if you weren't.

Me:
Right, sure I'll come.

Chase:
See you tomorrow, firefly.

Me:
Goodnight.

Chase:
Night.

Today was Friday. I don't have anything better to do so I decided to go. I hope Karla was invited. I miss her. I know Anthony and Connor will be there because they all three are best friends.

I took a long hot shower. My skin was burning from the hot water but it was helping my tense muscles. I decided to wash my hair as well. After a while, I left the shower and wrapped a towel around my body. I moisturized and brushed my teeth. I also used a wet brush to take out the tangles in my hair. Afterward, I put on a huge oversized shirt. I went to bed and checked my phone. I downloaded some books on my phone and decided to read them.

Around one in the morning, I fell asleep with my phone on my chest. And the moonlight reflecting over my face.

•••

a/n: just a filler chapter, but important to the storyline. thank you for 200+ reads!
•••
edit: ahh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 392 20
Savannah goes on holiday with her boyfriend, Theo, and her friends. She thinks she loves Theo more than anything and Theo gives her the world. They'r...
3K 167 80
Natilee. That's me. I'm 17 and as much as id like to say I'm normal, I'm probably not. I'm like every other 17-18 year old, except I don't smoke po...
2.8K 411 43
Falling in love with an enemy knowingly is wrong. What if, it happens unknowingly? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ " W-what this? " I lost the ability to speak Englis...
831 0 46
I am fucking in love with you Chase Adams I say, and if I have too I'd scream it from the top of my lungs. I say throwing my hands in the air. Chase...