I Die Often Hank

By Mr_Loverman89

Usually, the first thing the love of your life says to you isn't "you're covered in blood". Then again, usual... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72: Weddings, Fake Names, and Ex-Flings
Chapter 73: Honeymoons, Security Guards, and Helicopter Noises
Chapter 74: Reunions, Jealousy, and Third First Impressions
Chapter 75: Planes, Hotels, and Boarding Schools
Chapter 76: Bars, Boulders, and Bears
Chapter 77: Friendship, Ditching, and Ziplines
Chapter 78: Jumping, Collapsing, and Lying
Chapter 79: Hangovers, Liers, and Blizzards
Chapter 80: Smut, smut, and smut
Chapter 81: Snowmen, Professors, and Wade
(SPOILERS!) Full Book Summary
Book Stats As Of Completion

Chapter 41

354 12 7
By Mr_Loverman89

Crimson's POV:

I eventually got up and took my bags to my room. I got up cleaned up and unpacked all my stuff back into our room. I sat down on the bed of once again tried to process the past 24 hours. I brought Erik back to life? I mean he was dead. The man was dead and now he isn't because of me. I'm not sure I really want this kind of power. Charles suddenly broadcasted a mental message to everyone in the school.

"For security reasons, no one can leave the property until further notice. Also, no one is to be outside alone."

Great, we're stuck here together until further notice. How were there still no available rooms? The second and third floors weren't in use, right? Everyone who used to be on the third floor moved up to the fourth floor. What did Charles have planned? All those vacant rooms were locked and Charles insisted they were being used. According to Peter, Charles has been spending all day long in his office on the phone. Something is definitely up, but I have no idea what. 

I laid back on the pillows and saw a folded-up piece of paper with my name on it. I picked it up and slowly unfolded it. I read it quietly to myself:

"Crim, 

I'm incredibly sorry for my behavior, but I've told you know why I had to say those awful things to you. I want to fix things between us if you're wanting to give us another shot meet me by the lake at 8 tonight.

Love,

Bones"

Love? Well, that's new. Is it technically new? This whole memory loss thing is confusing. I do need to bug Charles about fixing his memory soon. Whatever, I have to focus on getting ready for tonight. What do you wear to meet your sort-of ex, who you live with, who forgot the first time you were in a relationship?

I got up and went to the fourth floor. I stretched out and knocked on both of their doors. The doors swung open and the two boys appeared in their doorways looking confused. I slung one arm around each of them and led them to my room. 

"Boys, I'm having a little meet up with Hank tonight by the lake and you're gonna help me get ready"

"Scott, twenty bucks says they hook up"

"On their first time back together? I doubt it, so you're on"

"I am right here"

"And?"

Hank's POV:

I walked up to the door to Charles' office and pressed my ear against it. Shoot, he was in there. I turned and saw Erik walking down the hall. Desperate times call for desperate measures, right? I quietly, but quickly went to Erik. 

"Can you please get your husband out of his office?"

Erik started to walk past me. I had to think of something and fast. 

"I only need him gone for 5 minutes"

"That's a you problem"

"It's for Crimson"

"Fine"

"Thank you"

I watched as Erik confidently entered the office without even bothering to knock. After about a minute Erik walked out with Charles trailing behind him. Erik winked at me and I threw up in my mouth. I focused again on the task at hand and I snuck into Charles' office. I went behind his desk and opened up a drawer. Inside was a half-drunk bottle of whiskey, I decided to get rid of it because I know he won't. I grabbed the bottle and closed that drawer before opening up another. I searched through it before finally finding the set of keys. I took them and slipped them into my pocket before escaping the office. 

Now what to do with the whiskey? It's too expensive to pour out. I'm not keeping it. I could use it to sway the opinion of someone important. I know exactly who is getting this. I moved up to the fourth floor hoping I didn't run into Charles. I made it to his door and I quickly knocked on it. He opened the door in a white tank top and jeans. He stared into my soul with a neutral expression on his face. I held out the whiskey and he grabbed it before closing the door in my face.

"It was nice talking to you Logan"

Crimson's POV:

7:50 that night

I walked out of my bathroom in the outfit we had settled on. 

"Alright boys, it's time for you to go," I announced.

"We won't wait up," Peter said and Scott slapped his arm.

"You look great, good luck!" Scott encouraged before pulling Peter out of the room with him. 

I took one last minute to get prepared for this. I was as ready as I'll ever be. I left our room and walked outside and to the lake. Hank was sitting on a blanket near the lake looking up at the stars. He turned and looked at me with a huge grin on his face. 

"You look beautiful"

"You don't look too bad yourself"

"Ouch, not too bad?"

I sat down next to Hank and he tentatively wrapped an arm around my waist. I leaned into him to show him I was okay with it. 

"I'm sorry for what I said to you. I trust you understand I meant none of it?"

"It's alright, Andrew lives to mess with our heads"

"Thank you Crimson. Are you hungry?"

Hank gestured to the picnic basket he'd brought. 

"Definitely" 

"Excellent, I brought some of those muffins I know you love"

Hank reached into the basket and I suddenly realized something.

"Wait. How do you know that?"

"I'm back, Crimson. All of the memories, all of it is back!"

I broke out into a huge grin and I wrapped my arms around him. 

"I missed you Bones"

"It's good to be back"

We ate and talked for a while, it was really nice to have him. Soon lines were painted across the sky. It looked absolutely beautiful. Hank grabbed a nearby pair of binoculars and handed them to me.

"I figured you'd enjoy the meteor shower, I know how much you love space"

"How did I get so lucky?"

"You look at your life and your first thought is that you're lucky?"

"I look at you Bones, and think I'm the luckiest person in the world"

"Well, you can't be the luckiest person in the world"

"And why is that?"

"Because I am, I have you"

I pulled Hank into a kiss and I was once again reminded of how much I love this man. It had been over a year since we've been properly together like this. I missed him, I missed us. We pulled apart breathless and I looked into his bright blue eyes. 

"I love you"

"I love you"

Three hours later

The night was starting to naturally come to a close when Hank stood up and stuck his hand out. Curious I took his hand he led me inside. We went to the third floor and stopped in front of my old room. 

"Charles and I have been working on something for about 8 months in secret and I want to show you"

Hank took a set of keys out of his pocket and he found a particular one and he slid it into the door and unlocked it. He opened the door ever so slightly before taking the keys out and putting them back into his pocket. He stepped behind me and placed his hands over my eyes. 

"It's a surprise, I'll direct you inside"

"Alright, I trust you"

"Move forward," Hank and soon I heard the door close and lock. 

"Alright good now stop and turn to your right. Now walk forward and then stop, yeah right there. Now turn 180 degrees. Alright eyes open"

I opened my eyes and looked ahead in the dimly lit room. In front of us was a large countertop and behind it was a chalkboard. Written on the chalkboard was "Mr. McCoy". Hank pressed a kiss to my cheek. 

"You always said I'd make a great science teacher"

"Hank, this is amazing, but who will you teach?"

"Ah, that's what we've been working on. Charles has been making some calls and next fall a bunch of young mutants will be moving in and we're going to teach them how to control their abilities, science, and mutant history, along with some regular education stuff."

"Hank, I don't know what to say this is fantastic!"

"Charles wants you to teach an engineering course"

"Really? That would be awesome!"

"Yup, he's got ideas for all of us"

"A whole new generation of mutants who don't have to grow up alone, like we did it's beautiful"

"So are you," Hank whispered sending a shiver up my spine. I turned towards Hank and pulled him into a hungry kiss. We moved backward together and soon my lower back was pressed against the counter. 

"God, I've missed you," I whispered. Hank started to kiss my neck in a way I knew would leave marks. I started to work on unbuttoning his shirt. He pulled away for a moment to shrug it off. I quickly removed my shirt as well. Hank moved back flush against me and we returned to kissing each other. I moved my hands across his bare torso as his muscles tensed under my touch. Hank moved his hands down and unbuttoned my jeans before tugging them off. He took my hands and pushed me down until my back was against the cold table. He looked down at me with a grin on his face. 

"I've got you right where I want you, underneath me"

Sometime later (yes I have just robbed you)

Hank and I slowly started to get dressed in the classroom. I couldn't help but look at his body as he pulled his button-up back on. 

"You know, it's probably easier if you don't button that back up. I mean your gonna take it off to sleep in like 5 minutes anyways."

"You sure that's why you want me to leave it open?"

"I may have an ulterior motive..."

Hank and I laughed and went up to our room. We quickly changed into pajamas before slipping into bed. I curled up and laid my head onto his bare chest and we wrapped his arms around me. For the first time since before the damn ball, everything was right again, at least with us. I happily drifted off to sleep comfortable and safe in Hank's arms. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 629 77
For the longest time, Y/N lived at the X-Mansion alongside his adoptive father, Charles. Alongside with Logan, Ororo and Hank. That was until Scott l...
30.2K 812 33
"My plan is simple. Kill the guy who carved the word freak into my skin and get out. What's yours?" Ali hated Shaw. She hated her mom for dying. She...
9.4K 292 20
What's her name? "(Y/N)." I prefer her real name. "Sauven; the legacy." I said her real name! "...Healer." "I call her Mender." "Medic." . . . "No...
27.7K 849 19
~she was a beauty that never wanted the prince... she always wanted the beast ~ {so raven saved kurt from the fighting rings, but what if someone els...