Love The Hurt Away

By LourDarden

After two years from when Dessiah and her daughter Delaney were thrown out of her home in the rain by her tri... More

Love The Hurt Away
When Opportunity knocks
Crossroads (Let Go Let God)
To Follow A Dream or Not To Follow A Dream?
Late Nights, Last Night (Part 1)
Temporary Goodbyes (Part 2)
Hello,Tokyo (Part 3)
Take My Breath Away (Part4)
So.....Who you with?
More Than A Conquer
Scattered Ideas
Game Changer
If Only You Knew
Are You Paris?
Paris
Get It Together (Late Night Dinners)
Breaking Point
Sights
Falling
Live Your Truth
Are You Awake
Here With You
Protected By Him
Go Back
Fatal Warnings (Part 1)
Go Hard Or Go Home
Whose Up
"Lord Keep Me Near The Cross"
Dessiah POV
Party Pooper
Set The Record Straight
Help!
I love you
Too Much Too Soon (Official Chapter)
Cherry Blossoms (Official Chapter)
His Quality Time (Official Chapter)
The Date Is Set(HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT)
To Tell him or not to tell is the question (Official Chapter Part 2)
problem
Fix It Jesus! (Official Chapter Part 2)
One Man, Several Problems (Official Chapter"
"I cant Believe I'm Here" (Official Chapter)
Did You
Paris Dreams (official Chapter part 2)
Until You Come Back to me Decision
Final Product
HONEY HERES AN UPDATE
DID YOU?
Official Chapter "Altered Plans"
Official Chapter "Unknown Messenger"
Worth More
Farther Along The Journey (Chapter)
Did you?
NOLA Baby (part1)
No Harm No Known Foul
Big Easy Ain't So Easy
The Big Payback
One Loss, One Unexpected Surprise(Chapter)
Be Careful What You Pray For
Everything Comes To The Light
FOR YOU
Do You Still Love Her?
In Search Of His Heart
Don't Let Me Down
Have You Seen Her
Visitors
Giving Up
Breaking, Broken, Risen
Give Me Whats Mine (Official Chapter) pt 1
"Past Demons Resurrected" Part 2
For My Love
Hanging On For Love (Official Chapter)
coming
Shots Fired (Official Chapter)
Twenty-Fucking-Nine
Epilogue(Official Chapter)
Get YOUR COPY
New Story coming

Double Team

9.1K 596 158
By LourDarden

CAN I JUST SAY HOW EXCITED I AM? ENJOY AND PLEASE VOTE.

DELANEY IN PIC AT RESTURANT*

"What are you doing here?" Dessiah nervously asked.

"It's a market so I come here on the weekend and look around." He returned his attention to Delaney and then back to Dessiah.

"Oh. Well it's nice seeing you but we should be going." Dessiah pulled Delaney's arm to walk away but she resisted following her mother and focused on Detrick.

"What's your name?" Delaney asked holding her mother's hand.

"Detrick. What's yours?" He asked.

"Delaney Hawkins. You can call me Ms. Hawkins because I'm a lady and I don't know you that well." Detrick smiled and reached his hand out to shake hers.

"Nice to meet you Ms. Hawkins."

"You as well Detrick." She smiled.

"That's Mr. Simmons to you Delaney."

"She can call me Detrick!" He scolded.

"How about I call you Mr. Detrick until we get to know each other better?" Detrick smiled brightly and her being a little character. It seemed something's hadn't changed in Delaney because if he remembered correctly she had him wrapped around his finger when they met two years ago. Now she was slowly having the same effect.

"That will be fine." He agreed. Dessiah was so uncomfortable and waited for an escape to walk away. She tried to think fast for an excuse to leave, but nothing came to mind. Detrick knew she was searching and decided to have a little fun and make it hard for her. Kneeling down to eye level with Delaney he spoke.

"Ms. Hawkins did you say you like Hello Kitty?"

"Yes Mr. Detrick. Very much in fact." She nodded smiling.

"What do you say we go in and look around?"

"We have to be going actually." Dessiah interfered.

"But mommy there's always time for Hello Kitty." Delaney Pleaded.

"Yea mom, there's always time for Hello Kitty." Detrick said slyly. Reaching out his hand to Delaney. "Shall we Ms. Hawkins?"

"We shall Mr. Detrick. Come on mommy we'll be fast." Delaney and Detrick led the way and Dessiah reluctantly followed. Walking into the store was any child or Hello Kitty lover's dream. From bedding, purses, shirts, figurines, and so much more. Delaney found numerous things that fancied her yet she focused on two things. A Hello Kitty gum ball machine and a Hello Kitty lamp.

"Mr. Detrick I want these."

"Dessiah we came in here to look not buy anything. Besides you don't need any of that." Dessiah urged her to put the things back.

"If that's what she wants then that's what she can have." Detrick whispered to her walking away.

"Mommy my birthday is coming up soon. Please can I have this?"

"Your birthday is coming up? When?"

"In a week. Right mama?" Dessiah nodded.

"Well the birthday girl deserves whatever she desires."

"I say your right Mr. Detrick." Detrick and Delaney walked around the store hand in hand. While Dessiah followed a few steps behind.

"Okay this is everything I want for now."

"Delaney put those things back you don't need them. Besides I have something different for you for your birthday."

"Whether she needs it or not, if it's what she wants then she gets it." Detrick chimed in.

"Yay!" Delaney went to stand in line.

"Excuse you Detrick! You can't go against what I said. I'm not buying her those things when she doesn't even need them. We are in a suite what does she need a lamp for?"

"Her room when she goes home."

"Shows how much you know because it's decorated in Doc Mcstuffins." Dessiah set him straight.

"And your point? She wants it therefore that's reason enough to get it. I don't see why this is an argument."

"Because I said no and you're trying to overthrow my decision. I'm not buying it!"

"First off, when did I even ask you to buy it for her? All I said was she was getting it and that's it end of discussion."

"Detrick it doesn't work like that she's my-"Detrick simply walked away leaving her mid- sentence. Delaney was next in line and he took out his credit card and paid for the lamp. Unfortunately they had to leave the Gum ball machine behind because it was the last one and reserved for someone else. The cashier stated they would have another shipment in two weeks. Delaney was saddened by this news and began to sulk. Detrick slipped the cashier a tip to pull some strings and gave his card so she could call him if anything came up. He handed Delaney her bag and she was so grateful.

"Thank you Mr. Detrick. I cant wait to plug it up. Will you come and see it when I put it up?"

"I would love-"

"I'm sure Mr. Detrick is busy baby." Dessiah interjected.

"Actually I'm not Ms. Hawkins. When you're ready to light it up just let me know and I'll be there to see it." Poor Dessiah, they acted as if she didn't exist. She had to admit it was adorable seeing them together but she didn't want Delaney getting close to Detrick and she wasn't even clear on where they stood or if they stood anywhere.

"Well, thank you Detrick for everything but we ought to be going."

"Mommy I'm hungry."

"I know a great buffet restaurant nearby and they have chicken nuggets."

"Real nuggets right?" Delaney asked. Detrick smiled.

"Yes."

"Mommy can we go please? I'm gonna pass out if I don't eat anyway." Delaney and her dramatics. Dessiah just wanted this to be over because she knew it was a matter of time before He asked her about their past. That brought on great hesitation. Would he be angry she didn't tell him who she was? So far he hadn't brought it up so maybe she was in the clear.

"Okay but only for a little while then we have to get back for Lisa."

Once in the restaurant Detrick became a different person another side came out of him. He acted as if her were their protector. It was almost weird and nice at the same time. He handed them their plates and walked with Delaney to each counter for her to pick out whatever she wanted. Dessiah looked over the food and was surprised at how much American food was available. She was also thankful for it as well. Once their plates were full they went to sit in a booth nearby.

Dessiah went in first and Delaney sat in the middle of her and Detrick. Dessiah ate in silence and listened to Delaney tell Detrick about school, cartoons, and her dislike for spongebob. Detrick found her reasons hilarious. Delaney felt Spongebob was completely unrealistic with having a sponge live underwater and work at the Crappy patty. Where are they getting heat to cook these burgers? Where is the meat from? There's no cows under water? Detrick couldn't stop laughing at her, she had totally brightened his day. He didn't want the conversation to end. Occasionally he looked over at Dessiah who was deep in thought. He wondered why she kept who she was away from him.

"Mommy can I have ice cream please? I finished my food."

"Okay, I'll take you." Dessiah scooted to the other end of the table.

"No mama I want to go on my own. It's not far you can see me from here."

"Okay but stay where I can see you. Go straight there then come right back."

"Yes ma'am." Detrick moved out of the booth and helped Delaney down then sat back down.

"Thank you Mr. Detrick."

"You're welcome." They sat in silence watching her gather a bowl and pull on the lever for the ice cream dispensary.

"She's a great kid." Detrick said not moving his eyes from Delaney's direction.

"Thanks." Dessiah felt like he wanted to say more but figured it pointless to press him. Delaney looked back at them both and smiled then returned to adding toppings.

"Dessiah, why didn't you tell me who you were?" He finally looked at her.

"Would it have changed the way you treated me?" Detrick looked down in guilt knowing he hadn't been the most welcoming. But he would be lying if he said it wouldn't have made a difference. There were so many nights she had crossed his mind and he wondered if they were okay. Safe. Comfortable. Happy.

"Yes."

"Then it wouldn't have been genuine and I don't need your pity."

"I wouldn't have pitied you. I would have made you-"

"Excuse me Mr. Detrick." Delaney returned to the table and he moved to let her back in the booth. He excused himself from the table and returned with a drink of iced tea. They all sat in silence as Delaney ate her dessert. She looked on either side of her noticing the awkward tension.

"Are you guys okay?"

"Yes." They said in unison.

"Doesn't seem like it but okay. Mr. Detrick how do you know my mommy?"

"We work together."

"Really? Look at God! First you helped us and gave me your clip and now you're working with my mommy. I told you that clip brings miracles. Won't he do it?" Delaney looked up at her mother while licking her spoon. Dessiah faintly smiled. Detrick laughed at how intuitive Delaney was to acknowledge the big elephant in the room. With her on his team he was bound to get what he wanted. Dessiah couldn't fight with him forever.

//////////////////////

What was Detrick trying to say before Delaney came back to the table? Were they really arguing int he store? Delaney is gonna be spoiled. Dont you just love her? Do you feel its wrong that if she told Detrick it would have made a iffedrence in how he treated her? vote and comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 392 45
A story for those who believe in love . This story is about a simply being in love and what does it feel to be in relationship with your loved one...
243K 12K 44
Not everyone is born strong, Some are soft like the cotton candy clouds, like the first rays before dawn. Some are unaware of the dark thoughts and...
33.9K 3.1K 29
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ "I saw this girl at the age of 13...
173K 10.4K 61
What happens when an ordinary girl meets and extraordinary boy? Kitrina Kelly is just a young, small-town, church-going girl. Isaac Curtis is a smal...