A Reason

Bởi IEWoollands

Two years later, Myra has to go back to her home town facing everything she left behind, including her brothe... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 2

1.7K 62 0
Bởi IEWoollands

"Right, Myra. This is it; come on." Doctor Logan said as he got out the car. The engine stopped and the car ran cold. I shook my head.

Even being back in Yani, it felt strange. Odd. I shouldn't be here; I shouldn't be here at all. I shook my head again, staying rooted to my seat in the car. I tried not to let my eyes wonder down the street. My hands gripped the backpack as it sat on my lap, fingers digging into the cotton material.

"Myra. Don't make me drag you out." He said.

He was lying. None of the nurses touched me, even him. Especially him. Having years of fighting experience came in handy when I first got locked up in the crazy hut. I gave half the nurses black eyes and broken noses on the first week. After that, hardly anyone handled my physically. Saying that, hardly any of them wanted to work with me. I remember hearing them say they wanted to move me to a different building, a larger one across the country with a stronger rules enforcer but it was Logan that objected and started to work with me. He actually helped me.

"Myra!"

He was serious, now. My eyes flickered, drifting to the front door. I swallowed a lump in my throat and slowly - very slowly - undid my seat belt and climbed out the car. Doctor Logan smiled at me when he saw me slam the car door behind me, hands shaking.

Instantly, my façade went up. Jaw locked, body slightly hunched and hands in my pockets and backpack hooked over one shoulder. I tried to ignore the thumping in my chest as it got faster. Doctor Logan walked up the steps to my door.

I stayed by the car.

Doctor Logan knocked.

Someone's muffled voice came through the door. I frowned at that, it sounded like a females. Had Marcus moved? Did he not live here anymore? Maybe--

"Hello?"

The woman at the door was tall, her slender frame barley filling the door. She was chewing some gum, blowing bubbles and letting pop. Her long red hair ran over her shoulders like a river of fire. She half smiled and I could tell she didn't know who I was.

"Hello, Amy, right? I'm Doctor Logan, I called about Myra coming today." he said, polite as always.

Her eyes widened then, and her half smile spread to a grin "Marcus! - Wait here - Marcus!" She yelled and spun around.

Doctor Logan blew out a breath, then turned to me "Come on, your bother will want to see you." He said.

I frowned. I didn't want to see him, not yet. Not after what happened... My hands gripped my backpack and without thinking I turned and ran. I heard as Doctor Logan called after me, his feet running behind me but I was faster.

I always was faster.

I didn't even know where I was running to. My mind was blank and all I could think about was my feet hitting the concrete and my breathing loud in the cool air. I turned sharply down the street and down an ally. If I remember correctly this alley lead straight into town, and considering that it was Friday, it would be busy.

When I got to the other side of the alley, I no longer heard Doctor Logan calling me, but only the loud muttering of town. I quickly mixed myself in with the crowd and pulled up my hood to hide my stunningly bright ginger hair.

It took a few minutes for my breathing to calm down and return to normal, but when it did I just panicked even more; what if I see someone I knew? What if they saw me?

I gripped the straps of my backpack even harder and walked faster down the street.

Checking over my shoulder, I smiled when I couldn't see Doctor Logan anymore. I wasn't running away, no, nothing near that. I just didn't want to be back here. So let the worst week ever commence.

I decided to go into the shopping centre and hide out in there for a few hours. I'd go back, sure, but let him worry for a while, yeah? Yes.

The shopping centre looked the same but what did I expect? For it to suddenly change over two years.

Sure, the walls looked like they could go for a lick of fresh paint soon but other than that it was going strong. I sighed, swallowing a lump in my throat and went through the automatic doors at the front.

I was hit by a wave of warm air when I entered, and I quickly followed the mass of people through the wide halls and past the shops. There wasn't anything interesting in most of the shops here; I only wanted to visit a particular. An old shop of mine. I'm not too sure I wanted to go to the shop just yet though. It was just too soon. Besides, I had a lot to think about...

I wanted something to eat. My stomach rumbled, but I had no money and I wasn't going to stoop as low as to steal from the place I grew up in. I huffed, and found a seat in the food court upstairs. I was half tempted to ask strangers for some money, but I knew this area and knew that no one would give me some money. I had already tried those years ago.

I shoved my hands in my jeans and wished for time to go by faster when a thought came to mind. Just because I'm back in Yani doesn't mean I have to do the same as last time... Maybe I could re-invent myself? There were so many things I could be now, so many options... I could be a writer or a painter or a salesman or even be on tv... Become a biker? A skater? I always like the idea but I was too involved with fighting and keeping my family afloat

It took me a few minutes to get back out of the shopping centre, and another five to get to the skate park. I just took a right past the shopping centre and round wimpy estate, up to the West Street skate park.

I had been here once before with my old friend Penny and her boyfriend Kyle. Kyle had bought a bike he wanted to do some stunts on and Penny had dragged me with her not trusting the area or some of Kyles friends. I had gone with her, borrowed Kyle's bike and practiced a bit of my own when Kyle started to get all mushy.

I blinked the memory away and forced myself to look up at the stake park; there was a few half-pipes, and a bowl further down, steps lead up to the who area. A few teenagers dotted around the area with bikes, skateboards and even a scooter, but untimely there was no one I knew.

I found a spot on a wall nearby which overlooked a half-pipe. There was three teens on it at the moment, all with their own boards, grins spread across their faces. They looked quite familiar though; maybe I knew them from school?

I pulled my backpack off my back and placed it on the wall next to me and opened it to pull out my journal; Might as well do a bit of writing while I wait.

20/02/15 entry 78

Went home today. Ran away today, too. Well, for a few hours or so. I don't want to come back to Yani... Not after what happened.

I looked up from my book when I heard a laugh to see the taller of the boys run up one of the side of the half-Pipe. The other cheered him on from the side, the boy placed his board on the edge of the pipe and placed his foot on it. After a few seconds, he pushed down on the board and went souring down the pipe. He other friends cheered as he went up the other side and jumped off. I smiled from behind my book, it was pretty impressive... Just like Marcus used to do before-

I shoved my book back in my bag

"Hey! Do I know you?"

I froze to the voice. It sounded familiar, too familiar for comfort. When I had the courage to look up, I studied their faces with a fake frown "No." I called back "I haven't been around there parts in a long time."

The taller boy nodded, scratching his neck "I'm sure I know you..." he muttered again

Then it hit me. This tall skater boy was Elliot back from the school, the small little chubby boy that was friends with Blake had grown up – literally.

I scrambled from the wall and walked away, ignoring his objects behind me. Maybe I had waited long enough to see my brother. With one fleeting glance at the boys, I walked away back into Yani.

When I got back to my street, Doctor Logan's car was still parked on the street outside my house. I sighed; I should have known better. Of course he would have waited for me for me return home. Slowly, I walked up the stairs and tested the door. It was open.

The house was different though. The wallpaper was removed and replaced with a layer of light blue paint and when I ventured further into house, I saw Doctor Logan relaxed into a brown leather chair. It must be new.

I stopped in the hall. If it wasn't for Doctor Logan no one would have even noticed I was there. He always had a knack for hearing us, being our therapist all.

"Thought you'd show up sometime soon..." Doctor Logan said without even looking at me, "Just needed some time to clear your head, I presume?"

"Who are you talking to?" It was my brother's voice. It sounded deeper than before, only by a little but I knew his voice from anywhere.

I nodded, but didn't say anything.

He turned his head to me a last and half smiled "Say hi to your brother, Myra."

I frowned at him and walked forwards into the room. The room was different again; Different furniture, different television, different coffee table. Marcus sat on the sofa next to Amy. His brown hair had darkened a few shades but his eyes remained the blue shade they always had been. He looked smarter now though, his t-shirt replaced by a checked shirt buttoned up to the top and he had shaved.

"Hi..." I said.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

229K 8.3K 39
Skyler Zavala has a complicated, weird, funny life because of her sixteen brothers and family. But she can't go a day without thinking of her past th...
5.4K 157 25
Maddy disappears...Jacob is alone...Rhydian is heartbroken. Everybody tries to avoid each other, but fate won't allow that.
172 3 31
Young girl gets godly powers, argues with boyfriend, goes to free a goddess and reunites father and daughter.
39.9K 617 13
Moving to another state and not knowing anyone can be pretty harsh. Especially when Hailey an 18 year old girl that has moved from Colorado to Miami...