{1} ๐“๐ฐ๐จ ๐Š๐ข๐ง๐๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐’๏ฟฝ...

By argentsbows

๐’๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฆ๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ; ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ ๐จ ๐š๐œ๐œ๐จ๐ซ๐๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ง, ๐ž... More

01'
02'
03'
04'
05'
06'
07'
08'
09'
10'
11'
12'
A/N
13'
14'
15'
16'
17'
18'
19'
20'
21'
22'
A/n
23'
24'
25'
26'
27'
28'
29'
30'
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐ˆ๐ˆ
31'
32'
33'
34'
35'
36'
38'
39'
40'
41'
42'
43'
44'
45'
46'
47'
48'
49'
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
50'
51'
52'
53'
54'
55'
56'
57'
A/N

37'

7K 219 43
By argentsbows

𝟑𝟕' 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭

꧁꧂

Klaus, Elijah, and Kol were sat at the dining room table as was Kaleb and Finn who were still bounded by the shackles. "Today, a new future awaits. Forget your animosity toward Elijah, Kol and myself. Instead, join us against she who truly deserves your ire, Esther." Kaleb rolls his eyes, and Finn just looks bored "Do this, and we will welcome you with open arms!" Klaus announced, Kol almost scoffed at the absurd idea his older half brother said.

"Well..." Kaleb started as he reached for the plate of pastries with his shackled hands, but Klaus pulls it away from the witches reach. The young witch sighs and rolls his eyes. "So, why are you helping my poor excuse for a mother." Klaus asked him.

"It's not like I willingly volunteered to become a part of your messed up family schemes, mate." Kaleb said, "But if all you wanted was my allegiance against your mother dearest, you should have said so! Save me a night shackled to the wall." the witch complained.

"Yes, this was Niklaus. My recommendation was to remove your limbs, one by one, until you comply." Elijah casually said. Kol looked at his older brother with wide eyes at what he had just said. Kaleb audibly gulped.

Klaus laughed and stood up, "We've... we've no desire to torture you." He stands behind Kaleb and Finn and squeezes their shoulders with his hands "Provided you vow to stand beside us!"

Finn shrugs out of Klaus' grip, "Brothers... Does that word even apply to me, or even Kol? After all these centuries of betrayal?" He glances backward at Klaus "And, has loyalty to you ever rewarded? If so, tell me, Niklaus, where is our sister, Rebekah?"

Klaus, whose back has been turned to him, is clearly nervous and suspicious, but laughs fakely to cover for it before he turns to face them, "Heh! You think me vile? What, then, do you make of the one who cursed us?" he asked.

Finn becomes frustrated "She was trying to make you mortal again!" Elijah grabs a knife off the table, clearly suspicious and annoyed by Finn's words "And, you three refused her." Finn laughs darkly  "It only proves how far you've fallen. But, I expect Rebekah will have a different response to her proposal. See, unlike the two of you, she always did cling to her humanity."

Elijah became furious "Rebekah is off-limits to you. You pursue her, and you will suffer."

Finn and Kol both look surprised by Elijah's outburst, as does Klaus. Kaleb was just eyeing the pastries.

Klaus spoke to Elijah, "Do not let him goad you, Elijah. Neither he, nor Esther, will find Rebekah unless she wants to be found." He turns to Finn "And she does not." he snaps at him.

"Esther is quite determined. She's been searching for Rebekah since the day she returned. I imagine it's only a matter of time." Finn taunted.

Elijah completely loses his temper, grabs Finn by the collar, and slams him onto the table before vamping-out and feeding on him.

Klaus pulled Elijah away from Finn and shoves him against a nearby wall. Elijah puts his hands up defensively, so Klaus backs off and pulls Elijah's handkerchief out of his pocket so he can clean up. Kol walked up to the two.

"I enjoy a good blood-letting as much as anyone, but our brother and that boy Kaleb have power, as well as knowledge of Esther's plans. We need them alive." Klaus said. "Imagine what they would do to Rebekah. To Hope." Elijah whispered.

Kol did feel a bit uneasy about something happening to Hope. "Rebekah has been cloaked by powerful magic. Focus on the task at hand. We need to persuade our brother and his little witch friend." Klaus said to Elijah and Kol.

"I'm through with persuasion." Elijah said, he is about to leave, but Klaus grabs him by the shoulder and stops him. "Has the earth shifted on its axis? You needing restraint from me?" The hybrid said.

Elijah looks taken aback, but he's distracted when his phone rings. He pulls it out of his pocket and answers it when he sees its Rebekah.

"It's me. I have the baby, and we're on the run. Esther found us. We're safe, for now... I've lost her bloody starlings, but I have no idea where to go."

"Tell her to head west. I'll call Hayley." Klaus said.

"Do not tell Hayley! Esther's too smart for that. The only advantage that we have is that she thinks the baby died. Text me the plans."

Elijah hung up with a sigh. "Go. Me and Kol will take care of Kaleb and Finn." he said to Klaus. "Splendid. And, in your hands, I assume they'll be dead by nightfall." Klaus said annoyed.

"I will show restraint. Hope needs her father." Elijah told him, Kol rolled his eyes as he realized where this was going. "What she needs... what we need are allies to help us defeat our mother. Finn and Kaleb must be turned to our side. Without their help, there will be nowhere left for Hope to run." the hybrid said.

"Niklaus, your child..." Elijah started but Klaus quickly interrupted him "I have waited months to see my daughter." He swallows, clearly unhappy with this plan "I can wait one more day."

Elijah looks at him sympathetically before he gets ready to leave. "Elijah. Do whatever it takes to keep her safe." Klaus said to him as he and Kol watched their older brother leave.

Elijah turned towards them, "I give you my word."

▵▿▵▿▵▿▵▿

Kol walked back into the dining room where Kaleb and Finn were as Klaus had told him he would meet with him shortly.

He sat back down on his chair as Kaleb watched him, "I still don't understand why you still side with our brother... after all he did to you. Is it because of you're little girlfriend?" Finn asked his younger brother.

Kol ignored Finn's comment knowing that he just wanted to annoy him. "Is she really worth going against your own mother? Or is she just a toy you wanted a taste of?" the oldest Mikaelson taunted.

Kol jumped from his chair and grabbed Finn by the neck, holding his body up in the air. "I suggest you use your words carefully, or you might end up with missing organs." Kol snapped as he clenched his jaw to keep himself from snapping the witches neck.

Just then Klaus waltzed back into the room as Kol let Finn go making his body drop to the floor.

"Gentleman! I apologize for keeping you waiting. Good news is, I've returned with an old friend. Someone who wants to say hello." Klaus announced as Marcel walked in just then.

"Ah, you again. You ever get bored of getting bullied by my brother?" Kol asked as he clenched his fists. "Oh, this I volunteered for. Especially since, this one" Marcel said pointing at Kaleb "Decided to warm up to Davina."

Kaleb rolled his eyes, "Well, I'd prefer you both to join me against my mother. But, I'll happily settle for one or the other. Either way, if you continue to defy me, your lives will be reduced to an unending sequence of agonizing torture!" Klaus says and smiles at them. Kaleb looks torn and turns to Finn, who maintains his poker face "So, which is it to be?" Klaus asked

Marcel took Kaleb away as Klaus handled Finn.

After a boring while for Kol he decided to join Kaleb and Marcel.

"Well this is going awfully bloody." the Original said as he watched Kaleb pant. "You want to be next?" Marcel asked clearly agrivated.

"I would like to see you try." Kol replied with a smirk, "Not like my family would care about what would happen with me." he shrugged. Marcel glared at him and threw a knife at his face, Kol caught it with ease and Klaus walked into the room.

"Easy Marcel, Kol is not your torture subject today." Klaus told the vampire. "With the comments he made? He thinks you don't care." Marcel told him as Kol twirled with the knife in his hands.

Klaus turned to his younger sibling, "Is that so, brother?" he asked. "You only daggered me a dozen times. You always cared more for Marcel than you did for me." Kol said looking at Klaus in the eyes.

"I didn't realize I had hurt your feelings." Klaus grinned, "Yeah, well, that's the thing, innit, Nik? You don't know squat about me." Kol snapped at him.

"You're desperate to be part of this family, aren't you?" Kol looks down at the floor and remains silent "All of your mischief was just attempts for attention. You know, the truth is, Kol, you're right to feel slighted. I mean that. You're right. But, perhaps there's still time to make it up to you." Klaus said.

Kol looked up and the two stared at each other for a moment, "Not to worry brother, I found all I need." Kol said as he thought about his redhead. He turned to leave "Have fun torturing the witch." was all he said as he walked out.

▵▿▵▿▵▿▵▿

Wanda and Cami arrive at the Mikaelson Compound where Kol, Kaleb, Davina, and Marcel are. "I don't give a damn about what happens to Esther!" Davina shouted.

"Yeah, well, I sure do." Cami said, Wanda looked at Klaus' unconscious body "Should I even ask?" she said.

Kol unable to stop himself quickly walked towards her and he wrapped his arms around her burying his face in the crook of her neck, inhaling her scent. Wanda was a bit startled but quickly warmed up to his embrace.

Wanda pulled back from Kol's hug and turned towards Cami, "Cami you should go, its not safe for you." Davina told the blonde.

"No kidding! I woke up with puncture wounds all up and down my spine and no idea how they got there. According to my uncle's files, they're part of this ancient spell, and I don't know about you guys, but when I see ancient and spell in the same sentence, I think Esther." Cami said.

Davina looked at her in concern.

Cami sat on the couch as both Kaleb and Kol checked her. "That's Mom's work, all right. She must have wiped your memory." Kol told her as Wanda and Marcel watched.

"Not the first time that's been done by a member of this family. What does it mean?" Cami asked. "It's a byproduct of a... preparation spell." Kaleb said.

"Preparation for what?" Davina asked, "To make her a vessel." Kol answered. Wanda's eyes widened as Davina and Marcel both look horrified, and Cami looks confused and scared.

"He means Esther prepared your body for someone to jump into." Marcel explained, "Likely herself. I mean, knowing Mother." Kol said.

Marcel looks at him suspiciously. Cami becomes overwhelmed.

"Where's Vincent?" she asked.

▵▿▵▿▵▿▵▿

Cami, Wanda, Kol, Davina, Kaleb, and Marcel are discussing their options in the courtyard. "How long do I have?" Cami asked.

"Well, now that Esther knows where Rebekah hiding... not long. The only way to stop it is to stop her." Kaleb said. Cami took a deep breathe "Then, let's do this. Marcel and Kol are vampires, you both are powerful witches, and Wanda's... terrifying." Cami said making Wanda chuckle.

Marcel starts pacing "Esther's strong. We go up against her..." He looks at Davina "We're going to need Klaus."

"What? No! We can do this without him." Davina said, Kol stood up "Uh, I'm never gonna say this again, but Marcel's right, we do need the bastard." He said.

Davina sighs, clearly unhappy, so Cami approaches her and grabs her hands in her own, "Davina, I know this is asking a lot, but please."

Davina, understanding Cami's dilemma, walks over to Klaus' body and kneels by his head. She places her fingertips on his temple and murmurs an unintelligible spell under her breath. Klaus suddenly gasps as he awakens, and rolls onto his side before he begins to pull himself onto his feet.

"What did she do to me?" he asked everyone but Davina, "All you need to know is that I beat you. Again." Davina said making Kaleb smile at her.

Klaus smirked "And yet, you relented. You need me, don't you?" Davina rolls her eyes and sighs as he smiles "Did I really lose?"

"Shove a stick in it, Nik." Wanda said to him.

▵▿▵▿▵▿▵▿

Wanda approached Kol "What's wrong?" she immediately asked. Kol furrowed his brows, "I don't follow darling." he told her.

"Out of everyone in that room, your mind was the loudest and you've been cautious lately." Wanda told him, Kol sighed.

"Nothing you need to worry about, my love." he told her. "Bullshit" Wanda said.

Kol laughed and cupped her face with his hands, "It's all fine. You needn't worry about it." he said then he leaned down placing a gentle kiss on her lips. Wanda smiled and happily returned it.

"I need to stop walking in on you two." a voice said, Wanda and Kol pulled apart to see Klaus at the door with a slightly disgusted face. "There's a thing called knocking." Wanda told him.

"Yes, I will keep that in mind next time." Klaus said "I would like a minute alone with my brother if you could." he said to Wanda.

The girl smiles and nods, she squeezes Kols hands once before walking out of the room.

"I hope your blonde does stay in her own body." Kol said "Yes, well I believe this was Finn's task." Klaus told him.

"Where, pray tell, is he now?" Kol asked as he leaned against the couch, "He's waiting uncomfortably for me to return and deliver his punishment. Pass the beignets, will you?" Klaus asked.

"You know, it's only a matter of time before Mother gets bored of waiting for you to let them go." Kol hands Klaus the plate of pastries.

"Plus, it looks like I'm always the odd one out." Kol said. Klaus sighed "A mother cares for her children. A monster does not. Once you accept she's the latter, you'll stop expecting the former. And, despite what you might think, Kol, I was upset at the thought of you being killed. And, I did attempt to avenge you. I would do nothing less, because we are brothers. Always and forever." Klaus told his youngest brother.

Kol looks overwhelmed, and simply nods in understanding. Suddenly, Klaus' phone rings. He walks out the room, leaving Kol to his thoughts.

Unaware of his older brother who downstairs was being reunited with his coffin.

▵▿▵▿▵▿▵▿

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

701K 29.9K 111
Life has been relatively ordinary for Cassandra Gilbert, up until the car crash that killed her parents, and almost claimed her life. But being the...
7.9K 319 27
Being a resident of Lurelin Village, you happened to be quite unlucky in a lot of regards. It was as if there was a curse on you. Then, one day, your...
4.5K 212 11
โœง ๏ฝกโบ ๐Ÿƒ ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡, ๐Ÿ’‹ cherry garcia is forced into a dorm with her friends old costars son, minho. minho despises her after an incident on the...
132K 4.1K 125
"An alpha that leads by fear will only receive fear. But an alpha that leads with love and respect will earn a pack that will follow them into any b...