27'

27' Moon Over Bourbon Street

꧁꧂

Wanda looks around her seeing trees, grass, and a blue sky. She sighed happily, she looked to her side where Kol was in the middle of the meadow kneeled, gray, and floating away like ash. "Kol?" she said then her eyes widened in realization that it was him, "KOL!" she shouts now running towards him.

She ran and ran but it was like she couldn't reach him, and time was running out. She pushed through a barrier she felt and ran getting closer to him.

"You failed" he said, Wanda stopped in shock "You were too late... too weak" he said now putting his head down "And I believed in you." he said before disappearing into the air like nothing but ash.

Wanda couldn't think, this was her fault. She failed him. Just like she failed everyone.

Wanda's eyes shot open and she sat up breathing heavily, she looked around her and saw that it was only a dream.

Only a dream.

▵▿▵▿▵▿▵▿

𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

Hayley and Wanda approach Jackson and they watch Oliver and another wolf spar and wrestle. Wanda had stayed with Hayley for a bit in the Bayou, due to feeling stressed and the voices in her mind getting louder.

"Shouldn't you be out there playing Fight Club with the rest of the frat boys?" Hayley told Jackson, "Nah. That's just for pecking order. They already know who's the Alpha." Jackson smiled, "You feeling alright Wanda?" he asked the redhead.

Wanda gave him a reassuring nod "Fine, Thanks for letting me stay here for a bit." she thanked him, "It's no problem, plus Hayley probably would have fought me if I didn't." he laughed, Hayley huffed, "Damn right." she said and Wanda chuckled.

They went inside where the rest of the Crescent wolves were sat for dinner. "You gotta try Tucker's ribs." Jackson said to the two girls, "Then, what? Then we're gonna go play horseshoes?" Hayley said making Wanda laugh. "Hey! Don't mock country living, darlin'." Jackson said laughing.

"Sorry. This is just a lot more family fun than I'm used to." Hayley told him, "Tell me about it." Wanda muttered. "Well, maybe I can help you get used to it." The wolf said.

The werewolf Oliver joins them, "Then, all we got to do is just forget that she spent half her life with humans, and the other half with vampires." he said, Wanda narrowed her eyes at him.

"Ollie back off." Jackson warned, "It's okay. If the runt of the litter has got something to say, he should say it." Hayley said looking at Oliver.

"You know, word from the Quarter is your boy Elijah's holding some kind of power summit. Guess who wasn't invited?" he said. "Where did you hear this?" Hayley asked somewhat mad. "It doesn't matter. The point is is that we're stuck here living in the swamp, while your vampire boyfriend's deciding who gets what in the city. But, I guess that shows how much respect he's got for the werewolves, huh?" Oliver scoffed.