13'

13' Sinners and Saints

꧁꧂

Klaus is pacing back and forth in the kitchen of Rousseau's. "We had a deal! You protect my unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army. And whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Hayley to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches." He angrily said.

"I had nothing to do with it, I swear. Hayley and I are linked, remember? She dies, I die." Sophie stated. Wanda wanted to roll her eyes at the witch.

"Then who were they?" Rebekah questioned Sophie. "They are a faction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had of the baby." Sophie answered.

"What vision?" Wanda asked. "She has them all the time. They are totally open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong on this one." Sophie told them.

Klaus grew impatient "Well, how, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted?" He asked.

"Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all the witches." Sophie revealed.

"Ah, well. I grow fonder of this child by the second." Klaus announced. Wanda snickered.

"Sophie, look, I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle baby whilst he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty. Why don't you tell me just how extreme this faction is?" Rebekah told the witch.

"Elijah's talking to Davina?" Sophie asked. "Yeah, as we speak, I imagine." the blonde responded.

"I'm guessing she'll have a lot to say about that crowd." the Deveraux witch said. Klaus was suddenly intrigued "Do tell"

"I... wasn't always an advocate for the witches." she started, "My sister was devoted, like our parents, and our upbringing was very strict, which drove me nuts. The minute I turned 21, I left the Quarter to travel... and play. But, I wanted to be a chef, so I came back to Rousseau's."

"My sister came to find me one day, she told me the witches were going through with the harvest." Sophie added.

"What the bloody hell is a Harvest?" Rebekah asked. "It's a ritual our coven does every three centuries, so that the bond to our ancestral magic is restored. We appease our ancestors, they keep our ancestral power flowing." the witch explained.

"And why haven't I heard of this?" Klaus asked making Wanda roll her eyes, like he has to know everything.

"Because a Harvest always seemed like a myth. A story, passed on through generations like Noah's ark, or the Buddha walking on water. The kind some people take literally, and some people don't."  Sophie said.