Double Assignment

By Iffylicious

Trying her best to make it into the detective team, all FBI agent, Vivian, wants to do is bring her father's... More

Authors note
Characters ✨
001.
•1|☠️
•2|✨
•3|🤯
•4|🤸
•5|🙌
•6|😈
•7|🤷
•8|🌝
•9|😬
•10|😦
•11|🗣️
•12|✨
•13|😵
•14|🥴
•15|✨
•16|🦋
•17|👏
•18|🧐
•20|😛
•21|✨
•22|🥶
•23|😪
•24|💅
•25|🤤
•26|🥵
•27|🤝
•28|🦋
•29|🙈
•30|🔥
•31|✨
•32|😒
•32|🤤
•33|😪

•19|🔥

68 25 38
By Iffylicious

Maxim

"Never! Never again!" I cursed loudly, ignoring the shocked stares the students were throwing at me, holding my binders so close to my chest you'd think we'd merged and had become one." No matter what happens I'll never do it again."

I didn't mean to. I mean I wanted to but I didn't think it was going to escalate that quickly. You might be wondering what's got me riled up aside from our usual dose of little Miss I'm not stalking you but somehow I'm always around you.

Even though she'd been creeping into my thoughts more often than usual these days.

I was teaching a class almost an hour ago and the ship was sailing smoothly until I started feeling humid. I thought it was something I could handle, but as usual, I'd offended mother nature again without even realizing it. Not being able to bear the heat anymore, I popped open a few buttons on my shirt and that's when the unthinkable happened; it broke. Not one, not two but literally almost half of the buttons on my shirt. I'd hoped it would go unnoticed but no, nothing ever gets past the eyes of the highly hormonal bunch of female teenagers I was lecturing. Everything I'd said after that was a complete blur and I dashed out of the class immediately the bell went off because they all wanted to get a view of my six-pack abs.

With a great amount of handsomeness, comes a greater amount of problems.  I muttered wistfully, a smirk grazing my lips.

"Hey, Penny..." I drawled cheerily, the door giving a tiny thud as I slammed it shut. At least, she'd cheer me up." Where... You!"

"Heyyyyyy." She drawled, obviously enjoying the scowl that had appeared on my face." Good afternoon sir, how was your day? Do you need anything? Coffee, tea?..."

"What are you doing here?" I marched towards her, my folders and binders roughly strewn at the entrance of my office. I stared her down, towering over her. She was really short." Where's Penny?"

"She resigned." She beamed, her teeth sparkling white under the dim ambiance of the room." And guess what?"

"Oh God no." I gasped, the brunt of the news hitting me square in the chest." It's not..."

"She handled all responsibilities to me!"

"Wow." I gasped, pinching the bridge of my nose. I peeked at her through the rim of my glasses, a thousand emotions running through my mind. I didn't know what to make of it. She'd been running through my mind a lot but actually having her around would definitely be a pain in the ass." I'm officially screwed."

"Did you just figure that out?" She pranced out of my reach and propped herself up on my desk. A smirk crossed her lips as she leaned backward balancing get bodyweight on both hands. "You're slower than I thought."

"How did you do it?" I blurted out, without even realizing it." Did you kill her?"

"What?!" She nearly tumbled over, just barely catching herself and sitting properly. Her face mirrored a quizzical expression. I guess the question threw even her off balance" Why would you even say that?"

"I don't know." I shrugged, looking her in the eye." You're a stubborn ass psychopath who doesn't know when to stop. And I figured you'd do everything in your power to get what you want."

"Wow." She let out. She looked shocked, amused, and impressed all at once." I'm going to take that as a compliment."

"Why are you doing this?" I heaved, completely forgetting about my damaged shirt." Why?"

"Why what?" She repeated." Why am I doing what?"

"This." I gestured wildly, my arms and fingers making weird shapes and symbols in the air." You claim you hate me and my guts and want nothing to do with me, but somehow you're always close to me. If I'm here, you're here too and vice versa."

"Oh." She looked momentarily disoriented, like she was struggling with words. She snapped her mouth open and shut a few times, her cheeks puffing up and deflating simultaneously." I'm only here to prove you wrong."

"Please." I rolled my eyes." There's no way I'm falling for that."

"I'm serious." She pouted, feigning annoyance." I made her resign so I'd be able to prove to you that I'm more than capable of being your TA."

"Uh-huh," I nodded, the gears in my head turning." You're just here because you can't stay away from me."

"Again with the stupid talk." She hissed." Are you this egotistic?"

"Not really." I smiled mischievously, straining the buttons of my shirt hoping it would catch her attention and it did. Her eyes lingered for a moment before she seemed to snap herself out of her reverie and she looked away, trying desperately to hide the red hue tinging her cheeks." It's usually just when I'm right."

"Asshole." She jumped down from my desk, heading to Penny's office. I mean her office now." If you need anything, just holler."

"I kinda need your help now." I purred, grabbing her and spinning her till she was within my reach. My hand grazed her waist slightly and I felt her shudder under my touch.

I expected her to pull back or even punch me in the guts, but she didn't. If she did, I definitely wouldn't be surprised because she was a ticking time bomb.

"Diane." My eyes flicked to her lips which were quivering. Probably from excitement, anticipation, or even rage." You, I..."

I never got to finish my sentence as my phone blared from my pocket, causing us both to jump apart.

"I should leave now." She tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. As if reading my thoughts, she raised a finger to my face menacingly." And don't call me, I change my mind."

"Stupid phone." I cursed the moment she slammed her door shut. I reached into my pocket and grabbed my phone , not pausing in my monologue. " You just had to ring at that time, didn't you? You could have waited at least five minutes or one hour even, but no..."

"No." I tossed the phone as faraway from me as I could. It landed deftly on my swivel chair, a few more inches and I'd been cursing on my way to get a new phone." What in the world?"

"No no no." I shook my head so much I was sure I'd be seeing stars any moment from now." It can't be. It just can't."

With my heart thumping loudly against my rib cage, I made my way towards the phone. It lay still and unmoving, its brightened screen daring me to inch closer and confirm the text notification at the top. I took off my glasses and peered into the phone's screen. Maybe, just maybe, I'd been cured of my myopic disorder and my eyes were now playing tricks on me, but unfortunately for me, nothing changed. The damned words taunted me through the screen.

"It's been a while, son." I read out loud, my voice thickening with emotion at what he'd called me." Really? That's it?!"

It'd been three years since we last spoke since we'd seen each other and we didn't exactly part ways amicably. I'd tried to shut him out of my life and it worked, or it was working rather until I got his damned text message.

He only remembers I existwhen he needs something...

"Are you going to ignore me, son?" I read out another message of his." It's me, your Pops. I really need to talk to you."

"Of course you do," I muttered, red spots clouding my vision. I switched off the technological device that had successfully ruined my entire day without even doing anything and tossed it into my drawer. I didn't want to think about it yet. I had other important things to try to figure out.

Like what.  A voice pooped up in my head. Or who rather?

Not you again. I mumbled. I was losing my mind and my very strong grip on my sanity was slipping from my fingers.

But the voice in my head was actually right. Someone else had somehow managed to weave herself onto the tiny list of things I actually cared about. Ever since, the death threat against Diane by the stalker, I had an innate feeling to protect her. I barely knew her and she was still a mystery to uncover but that wasn't going to stop me.

Glancing at her door, I promised myself I'd do anything to keep her safe, even if I had to risk my life to do it.

Psssstt👀👀
It's me again 😏
I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter 🥺♥️

Read
Vote and comment

ILY 🥺♥️😍

Any ideas as to why Maxim doesn't want to listen to his fath??

Let me know in the comments section ♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 109 40
Vivian Hale, a 22-year-old college student lives her life peacefully with her brother Ethan and a stable job. Her mother is an alcoholic and her dad...
126K 4.8K 45
A son who's held secret affairs with his father since he was a boy, a relationship that caused his mother's death and he was left in the dark about t...
626 28 8
The story centers A 23-year-old Russian businessman visits India for business matters. There he meets an Indian college student who is 18. Things ar...
1.4K 351 21
**Featured on Wattpad's official YAMystery page!** **Previously featured on Wattpad's official StoriesUndiscovered page!** "The satisfied look on his...