«We'll Call It Wangxian»

By Nico-00

Fake tears were shed, a fake funeral was orchestrated. Fake investigations were organised, a fake name was gi... More

Introduction
"she won't do anything"
"messed up big time or not that bad?"
It's the most wonderful time of the year!
"I love you~"
"To the world wei wuxian, is dead"
"Does lan gege like me?"
"He is all I have"
"Marry me"
"Mo xuanyu or wei wuxian?"
"overdramatic much"
"Stop kidding"
"I'm sorry"
"Let's Play a game"
"Do you have a death wish?"
"I'm about to cut a bitch."
"I do."
"Don't you sign some papers and fuc-!"
"what the fuck!"
"smile"
"Come on, smile for mama."
"He's coming after you"
"I would rise back from the dead to have one last dance with you."
"It's not like you tried to kill me or anything."
"But, master!"
"Why is master so grumpy?"
"Lies"
"she's coming for me."
"A place far away from here. Just you and I."
"Disappointing"
"Shameless"
"you think you can escape?"
"You don't believe me? "
"You have a driver's license don't you? I don't wanna die.... yet"
"I used red when I was nine. It was the best feeling ever."
"It's not a coping mechanism. He is just sick to his mind."
"she was there the entire time."
"Burn in hell."
"death doesn't decide your fate, I do."
"In the end, is it always fine?"
EXTRA: ONE

"It's Better to hide him away than watching him die"

1.6K 155 34
By Nico-00

"Are you crazy!? What makes you think that you can do that!?", Jiāng Chéng asked enraged and mostly out of his mind. The so called director lan who sat in the comfortable leather office chair in front of him with a straight posture, sighed.

Lan xichen reminded his husband of the looming threat once again and showed him the text messages. Jiāng Chéng did nothing but grit his teeth in return, he couldn't possibly throw lan wangji's mobile against a wall a d break it. But, acting this violent in front of lan wangji meant, Lan wangji glaring back, and, him glaring back meant nightmares for atleast a month or two.

"It's better to hide him away than to watch him die.", Jiang cheng murmured under his breath and read the text message. Before, he could throw lan wangji's expensive mobile against the wall his husband snatched it away from him and handed it over to his brother back, safely.

"Wei Wuxian loves his privacy. He will never agree to this.", Jiāng Chéng murmured loud enough for an already angry lan wangji to hear.

"He has to to get used to it.", Lan Zhan retorted back.

If, wei ying was marrying Lan wangji, he should have already known that there might be some consequences and unwanted attention everywhere.
Wei Ying obviously knew this and maintained a safe distance from lan Zhan whenever they went outside. But, that wasn't enough, they should know that by the time they get married wei ying's name would obviously get out.

All, Lan wangji was doing at this moment was taking advantage of the fact that wei ying was well hidden. By bringing wei ying out to the world with his so called name Mo Xuanyu. Lan wangji was just going to make the stalker believe that wei wuxian is long dead and the fact that the man who he was engaged to was none other than Mo xuanyu.

This was the only way he had to keep the nameless stalker away from wei ying. He was going to do the one thing he had promised himself that he wasn't going to do.

Wanting to change the topic desperately, lan xichen asked his the brother the one question which he did not want to hear.

"What did Wen Qing say?", Lan xichen asked and Lan wangji snapped.

"Horrible things. Nothing life threatening.", Lan Zhan took a deep breath and answered back.

A few hours ago,

Wen Qing's eyes showed a lot of things at the moment. For a second lan wangji knew that the wen doctor nervous, but, her eyes suddenly flashes excitement and anticipation.

Weird...Lan wangji thought. Well that was before wen qing finally started speaking.

"There were some misconceptions before. I apologise.", Wen qing said passing Lan wangji the file who grabbed it with ease.

"No more misconceptions or mistakes.", Lan Zhan said sternly going through the file without realising that wen qing had told him just half of the truth. It was mostly yu ziyuan who would be present for the appointments that wen qing would make, but, for some reasons she had pass and ask Lan wangji to go this time.

"Sure.", Even though wen qing basically went to school with the cold, crude man. Lan wangji still acted as if she was someone distant acquaintance, even though she acted as wei ying's so called babysitter slash bodyguard many times. Wen qing rolled her eyes and looked at lan wangji who had his usual I don't fucking smile you better not smile either look on his face.

At time the wen doctor really thought how a man as cold as him ended up with wei wuxian, a person who literally couldn't stay quiet or go on without creating any problems even for a second.

"Let's talk about the side-effects and how this is supposed to go ahead!", Wen qing broke the uncomfortable silence and started speaking.

"Fatigue, infections, heartburn, mouth sores, pains, at times a lot of pain.", Wen qing read whatever was on the file in lan wangji's file without looking at it.

"Your fiance doesn't seem like he's going to lose any hair. So he's good to go. Last but not least.", It wasn't a lie when it came to the hair part. Not a lot of cancer patients lost hair, wei ying just happened to be one of them.

"He...is recessive?", Wen qing asked in confusion. If lan wangji's answer was a yes, she might have to break something heartbreaking to him.

"He is.", Lan wangji confirmed, it was confirmed that wei ying was recessive when he turned one. They lived in an advanced world where being recessive was a common thing, if wei ying happened to be one, it wasn't a matter of something shameful. Wei Ying lived with pride with the fact that he was recessive.

"Does he plan on having kids?", Wen qing with nervousness. If lan wangji had said yes for an answer in this one, she might actually cry feeling bad for them.

Lan wangji thought that the woman was joking for a good minute there. Wen qing has known Wei Ying for most of his life, she obviously knew that kids had a special spot in wei ying's heart. Having a kid of his own was wei ying's dream

"Yes.", Lan wangji replied back immediately not wasting any time. He already had a lot of bad news in his hand to handle. If only this one was good, lan wangji might as well go back home to his fiance with a genuine smile on his face.

"Mr Lán."

Oh, screw Mr Lán, wen qing was going to act like a genuinely good sister to the man now.

"Lan wangji, listen to me. The cancer can be treated with ease chances are that he might not ever relapse again. I can tell you that with confidence. But, having a child..."

Lan wangji knew that it was bad when wen qing had called him by his name and not as usual, with her cold tone. The last time she spoke in this tone, lan wangji knew that something bad happened to wei ying.

"Lan wangji! You need to take care of yourself! You are still very young!", Wen qing said angrily pressing the disinfectant with much more gentleness unlike her tone.

"Wei Ying cried for you when you passed out in front of him!", Wen qing harshly said once again wrapping the bandages around his hand after stitching up his wound.

"If not fot yourself then for your wei ying. Keep it together lan wangji. What would you have done if he ripped his IVs off when you fell down in front of him, huh?", She asked with much more gentleness this time. Fixing the man's hands, he passed him a tissue so that he can wipe his tears.

"You need to take care of yourself if you want to take him back home safely."

Lan wangji was many things. But, he was never a crier. Yet, he gave up for the first time and shed tears.

"It's bad.", Lan Zhan said knowing were wen qing was getting. The only which made him happy was that wei ying was going to pull through this and live a long life with him.

"With all the radiation and drugs his body is given, it was bound to happen. They make a person highly infertile, wei ying's a man to add on."

Wen qing said breaking Lan wangji's heart into pieces. A kid, wei ying had always wanted a kid, that was for when he was cured of his disease. He wanted to be in a good shape to have lan wangji's kids afterall.

"There's very little chance that he will ever be able to have a child.", Wen qing broke it to him in the softest way she could, yet, she saw how much toll it has taken upon lan zhan within just seconds. Just a minutes ago, she saw hope, now all she saw was despair.

"I am so sorry. But, look at the bright side he'll be fine and running in just a few months.", Wen qing cracking a small smile to coax Lan wangji.

"Don't tell him."

Lan Zhan said gathering himself together. He had no time to feel bad for not being able to have a kid, but, wei ying sure as hell will blame himself for not being able to give him a kid even though they had talked about it for years.

"When we are atleast thirty and married. Let's have a kid ", wei ying cuddled closer to lan Zhan and looked up at the sky.

"So that even if you accidentally knock me up. We won't have to worry.", Lan Zhan wrapped his one hand around wei ying's shoulders and nodded.

"Don't tell him. He won't handle it well.", Lan Zhan said one last time before he walked outside.

Present,

"He will never agree to this. I'm telling you. The last time he almost got caught he locked himself in a room for days and didn't go outside the house for months.", Jiang cheng said ticking lan Wangji off by the minute over and over again.

"He has to get used to it.", Lan Zhan said harshly this time.

"He will and he has to be there.", Lan zhan said one last time before he walked outside leaving the two people slightly shocked.

The second Lan Zhan got back home he dropped his shoulder into a much comfortable position and removed the forehead ribbon which usually rested underneath his bangs. After tying the forehead ribbon around his wrist lan Zhan showered and got dressed into something comfortable to go to bed.

Wei Ying was already sound asleep, which was something rare for someone who could go days without sleeping. Inhaling a sharp breath, Lan Zhan got inside the covers and cuddled closer to wei ying wasting no time.

His beloved looked peaceful. With his eyes shut and little puffs of air leaving his lips he looked no lesser then an angel.

Lan Zhan carresed his beloved's soft locks and looked at the hair which was turning brown from its roots slowly.

"Thank you for sharing your life with me."

Extra

"Lan 'an is that~ youu~?", Wei Ying slurred out looking at a very amused Lan xichen with hooded eyes.

Getting drunk has had to be one of the best things that has happened to him today. Wei Ying thanked Jin zixuan under his breath for giving him alcohol and hugged the nearest lan next to him.

"Since when did lan 'an start laughin'?", Wei Ying slurred looking at the blurry man who was laughing nervously. Jiang cheng looked at his brother with slight anger and more concern when his stupid younger brother was hugging lan xichen out of nowhere.

"Hey A'xian. Would you like it if I took you to wangji?", Lan xichen was slightly pushing the drunk boy away from him. Wei ying's face was beet red his lips were formed into a small pout.

"Who the fuck is 'anji!? Lan 'an is you drunk?", Wei Ying asked slapping Lan xichen's cheeks with his rather small hands repeatedly to see how the man reacted. He smacked both his hands against lan xichen's over and over again to see if he reacted at all.

Jin zixuan on the corner of the dimly lit room turned into a nervous wreck when he saw the dark look on Lan wangji's face.

"No, no. I'm not drunk, A'xian. You are.", Lan xichen confirmed massaging his cheeks with a smile which still remained unfaltered on his face. Wei Ying looked at Jiang Cheng and slapped him fair and square to his cheeks.

"He's drunk.", Wei Ying said looking at his brother with beady eyes. Jiāng Chéng truly felt his cheeks sting and looked at his husband who seemed unbothered by wei ying's actions.

"Lan 'an let's go~!", Wei Ying slurred out adorably forming a small pout with his cherry red lips.

"Purple man's goin' nuts!", Wei Ying cried out pulling lan xichen by his collar after he got on his Tippy toes.

"I'm not crazy! You are!", Jiāng Chéng spat startling a fidgety wei ying all over again.

"Bad! Purple man 'ad!", Wei Ying Exclaimed slapping Jiang cheng on his cheeks once again.

"Wei Wuxian! You!", Jiang cheng charged forward to beat the life out of his brother. Before he could even take a step forward lan wangji threw wei ying over his shoulders and walked outside.

"Xichen gege! What the hell!", Wei Ying cried out hitting Lan zhan's back.

"Don't talk."

Lan Zhan said those words with a dark look clouded over his vision.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 46 1
It's a modern Wangxian oneshot, Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji two business rivals mistakenly spent night together. Whatever, Lan Wangji knows he spent ni...
16.4K 1.6K 25
Song lan look at them and said sharply,"this marriage will not happen........The person whoever lan wangji marries die....that is,first partner of la...
1.6M 68.5K 182
Lan Wangji felt tingles and happiness when he first saw the soulmark on his wrist. He was finally going to find his soulmate, he was going to find hi...
70.9K 3.6K 24
When Wei Ying woke up in the past during his time in Cloud Recesse, he is shock to see Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli in front of him. He remember seein...