(18+) RED (Complete)

By mjjlovebug

Mia Fisher receives an anonymous text, and even though she gets annoyed, her curiosity keeps the conversation... More

Ch. 1: Anonymous text
Ch. 2: Blind date
Ch. 3: Angry or sorry?
Ch. 4: Peroxide blonde
Ch. 5: Chocolate
Ch. 6: Kiss on the cheek
Ch. 7: Anti-climax
Ch. 8: Popcorn and payback
Ch. 9: A little bit of normalcy
Ch. 10: Perv
Ch. 11: More than a hug
Ch. 12: Light years or more
Ch. 13: Hold my hand
Ch. 14: Fine on wine
Ch. 15: Never have I ever
Ch. 16: Delusions
Ch. 17: Fumbling
Ch. 18: A Benny special
Ch. 19: Everybody has a past
Ch. 20: Improvise
Ch. 21: High heels
Ch. 22: Mice
Ch. 23: Stalker
Ch. 24: Talk or not
Ch. 25: Swim suits
Ch. 26: Giving in
Ch. 27: Mini
Ch. 28: Cleaning the air
Ch. 29: Tiny steps
Ch. 30: When life gives you lemons...
Ch. 31: Behind(s)
Ch. 32: Surprise!
Ch. 33: Limp
Ch. 34: Heavy slumber
Ch. 35: Lim'on me
Ch. 36: Honesty is the best policy
Ch. 37: Extra
Ch. 38: Initials
Ch. 39: Back to square one
Ch. 40: Bare
Ch. 41: Like embers after fire
Ch. 42: Insecure
Ch. 43: When once equals always
Ch. 44: Dickhead
Ch. 45: A skeleton or three
Ch. 46: Vulnerable
Ch. 47: Worries
Ch. 48: Facing fears
Ch. 49: Such a silly man
Ch. 50: Dessert
Ch. 51: My turn
Ch. 52: Epic
Ch. 53: Bound to...
Ch. 54: Trouble in paradise?
Ch. 55: Don't stop
Ch. 56: Slippery when wet
Ch. 57: Annoyed
Ch. 58: Tony
Ch. 59: Half truth
Ch. 60: Confession
Ch. 61: A pink ballerina tutu
Ch. 62: A threat or a favor?
Ch. 63: The princess and the ladybug
Ch. 64: Blind love
Ch. 65: Thai
Ch. 66: Piranhas
Ch. 67: Different life
Ch. 69: Pick the f*ck up!
Ch. 70: I'm scared
Ch. 71: Special edition
Ch. 72: About being a good girl
Ch. 73: Carried away
Ch. 74: Nobody's perfect
Ch. 75: Dangers
Ch. 76: Shaking hands
Ch. 77: Safety
Ch. 78: Warm
Ch. 79: Breathe again
Ch. 80: All over the place
Ch. 81: Graduation
Ch. 82: Two Cosmo and a Fluffy Duck
Ch. 83: Giving something back
Ch. 84: First aid kit
Ch. 85: Surprise
Ch. 86: A new era

Ch. 68: Reality and secrets

1.1K 60 314
By mjjlovebug

I was back in Sacramento. Despite Michael's attempts to convince me to stay a few days longer, I really needed to get back to my old life. Except, it wasn't my old life anymore. Too much had changed, both after what happened with Ryan, and the news about me dating such a famous man. After all the warnings and advice I got about how the tabloids managed to twist everything around, I should be prepared for the rumors created by the endless headlines in every thinkable magazine and news channel.

Well, I wasn't.

It was hurtful to hear people I didn't even know talk about me being a gold digger and a slut, although they didn't necessarily say it directly. But what was worse; they found out about Ryan, which probably was why they called me slut. Even though Michael's lawyer made another public announcement where he explained what happened, the journalists were divided. Either they made it look like everything was a fraud I used to get some of Michael's fame and money, or they embraced it to the fullest and defended me and other girls in the same situation. I appreciated the latter.

As long as they didn't find out about the threesome... That would forever be our dirty, little secret. Hopefully.

"Look who's here. Isn't it the future Mrs. Jackson?" Frida teased and made me blush and bite my lip. Then I got a hug from both her and Ruby. We were standing in the locker room, ready to start the day.

"Where's Benjamin?" I asked, both to change the topic and because I still hadn't heard from him. I didn't even know if he was home from Denver.

"He's on his way over here as we speak."

She pointed at my best friend, who was strolling toward us with his nose planted in his phone. He was smiling.

"Now, don't think you're off the hook that easily, miss girl. Why didn't you tell us? We thought you had something going on with him?" Frida smirked and nodded toward Benjamin. She wasn't completely wrong, though.

"Yeah..." I dragged. I needed to choose my words right.

"How long have you been dating Michael Jackson?"

I frowned at the use of his full name, but chose not to correct her.

"Not very long," I admitted. They didn't need to know how complicated things had been the past year.

"Days? Weeks? Months? Can we meet him?"

I giggled.

"A couple of weeks or so. But he's pretty busy, so I can't promise anything."

Too busy to visit and barely time to talk on the phone, I thought to myself and felt sad.

"Fair enough. But you could always tie him up and bring him here anyway," she snickered, and Ruby slapped her arm.

"He'll probably be here for the graduation," she said, but I shrugged. I didn't expect that.

"That would cause a lot of chaos, though."

"Can you imagine how everybody would surround him for hugs, pictures and autographs?" Ruby reasoned. She was the most realistic of them after all, and she hit the nail on the head.

"Hello, ladies."

I didn't know how much I'd missed Benjamin's deep voice until I heard it behind me, and I immediately wrapped myself into his arms and gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"I've missed you so much, Benny."

"Ditto," he sighed happily. He seemed so different from the Benjamin he was before I left to visit Michael.

"You look good," I complimented. I searched him with my eyes but he was secretive, and I heard the phone buzzing in his pocket.

"So do you. So you finally made it official, huh?"

"Nah, what made you think that?" I replied dryly and rolled my eyes. His phone buzzed again and he just couldn't help himself. He picked it up and once again the goofy smile spread on his face.

"Look at you," I giggled and shoved him, and he was quick to hide his phone.

"If I didn't know any better, I could have sworn you met someone in Denver."

His cheeks flushed and he refused to look at me, but even though he pressed his lips tight, he couldn't hide his smile.

"You did!" I gasped in surprise. Frida and Ruby shared knowing looks. They probably already knew.

"Who is she?"

"What is it with you girls?" he grumbled. "Is it written on my forehead or something?"

I giggled.

"No. You're just easy to read. You couldn't lie if your life depended on it."

"But that's a good thing," Ruby added, which caused Benjamin to pout like a defiant child.

"Well?" I pressed, and placed my hands on my hips.

"Okay! I met a girl in Denver. Her name is Ella, and she's one year younger than us. And excuse my language, but she's fucking gorgeous."

Ruby and Frida chuckled, and Benjamin leaned closer to whisper something in my ear.

"She kinda reminds me of you."

My eyes widened.

"She's black?" I whispered excitedly, and was thrilled when he nodded, for two things. The fact that we shared the same skin color, which seemed to be Benjamin's weakness. But most of all because it clearly wasn't Veronica in disguise. You can't fake skin color like that without it being obvious. Plus, she was racist.

"Can I see a picture of her?" I begged. But in the same second, the school bell rang, and we needed to hurry in different directions.

<><><>

Hours later, I was escorted home by two gigantic men on each side of me; Vincent and JB. I tried to ask if JB was short for James Bond, but I got a short and flat reply.

"I'm not supposed to speak with my clients other than following orders, miss."

I sourly reiterated what he said in my head and pursed my lips. And when I finally grabbed the door handle to auntie Dorothy's house, I didn't bother to say goodbye.

"PMS is a bitch, and so am I," I muttered. Then I thought of calling Michael to ask about Veronica. They'd probably found her by now and brought her to the police. I just wanted to know if they'd let her off with a warning and a restraining order, or if she got locked up somewhere. The feeling of being watched had haunted me all day. But of course, that might just be the unfamiliar situation of having journalists asking questions everywhere I turned. Michael told me it would get better over time. I just wished that time was now. I really didn't like the eerie feeling that constantly made me look over my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" auntie Dorothy asked. She gave me a much needed hug and looked at me with concern planted in a deep frown.

"Not really."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I shrugged.

"What's there to talk about? The whole world suddenly knows more about me than I know myself. I don't have much to add."

I giggled at the irony of it, and auntie Dorothy kissed my temple just like my mom used to do.

"There's nothing a mug of hot chocolate can't fix," she smiled.

"Oh, I can think of a couple of things."

"Really now?" she replied with a squint, before she raised one eyebrow expectantly.

"Mhm. Add KitKat and raspberry candy, and I'll feel a lot better."

"I should have known that. You're lucky that Michael sent three whole boxes of each while you were gone, then. And yes, I mean cardboard boxes. The large sized."

I gaped.

"But don't think that just because you've become a celebrity, that I'll be your personal assistant or something even remotely close to that," she grumbled, and I laughed.

"Tomorrow you're gonna vacuum the house, clean the bathroom and take your share of laundry. Are we clear?"

"Yes, ma'am."

I giggled to myself. She always made things sound so much worse than it was meant, but right now that was what I needed. A bit of reality after a crazy day. That, and the sound of my boyfriend's voice. So while auntie Dorothy scrambled around in the kitchen, I curled up on the couch with a blanket and my phone, and dialed his number.

But he didn't answer.

So I called again, and...

...the call was dismissed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 143 3
⚠️ Copyright © 2021 by IntenseArt. This is an original story. All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in...
8.6K 343 32
Attractive, prestigious, allergic to commitment and cursed with a past he can't escape... Michael, is a devil with a face of an angel, to whom life h...
7.9K 474 17
𝙙𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝙚𝙧𝙖 • 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟏 - 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟑 ❝𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐍 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐎𝐌, 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐄. ❞ +~+~+ ...
275K 11.5K 102
Lilliana Martinez has her whole life staked out for success. She's well educated, and ready to take over her parent's business; St. Martinez hotel an...