I Die Often Hank

By Mr_Loverman89

Usually, the first thing the love of your life says to you isn't "you're covered in blood". Then again, usual... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72: Weddings, Fake Names, and Ex-Flings
Chapter 73: Honeymoons, Security Guards, and Helicopter Noises
Chapter 74: Reunions, Jealousy, and Third First Impressions
Chapter 75: Planes, Hotels, and Boarding Schools
Chapter 76: Bars, Boulders, and Bears
Chapter 77: Friendship, Ditching, and Ziplines
Chapter 78: Jumping, Collapsing, and Lying
Chapter 79: Hangovers, Liers, and Blizzards
Chapter 80: Smut, smut, and smut
Chapter 81: Snowmen, Professors, and Wade
(SPOILERS!) Full Book Summary
Book Stats As Of Completion

Chapter 25

407 15 1
By Mr_Loverman89

Crimson's POV:

I pushed out of the bathroom and made my way back to the ballroom. A million questions raced through my mind. Who is he? What does he want? Why the three of us? What is the speech about? What's the end goal? Will I have to hurt people? Will he keep his word and let Charles and Jean go? A million questions and no answers in sight. I entered the ballroom again and felt someone take my arm and pull me into a dance. I looked up and met Logan's eyes.

"Somethings not right. Who do I have to hurt?"

"Everything is just fine. You won't be forced to harm anyone."

Logan took notice of the strange wording and nodded before letting me go. I walked over towards Hank. I glanced behind me and saw Logan go off to speak with some of the others. I just hope he can fix this before things escalate further. I get to Hank and pick up our dance where we left off. 

"Henry, I do hope the other couples from the school are enjoying themselves."

Hank picked up on the use of his legal name and the mention of the others. He looked over my shoulder and scanned the room. 

"Maybe Charles and Jean are off getting lucky?"

"I wouldn't call being in a place like this lucky, this is something we could never dream of"

"I love you Bones, please remember that"

"I always will and I'll always love you, Crim"

"No matter what"

"No matter what"

"I don't exactly have a choice when it comes to us, do I?"

"No, it would seem as though you don't"

We fell into silence. I enjoyed the feeling of being in his arms. I breathed in his cologne and tried my hardest to make sure this memory stuck. We continued the dance as Logan made his rounds warning others. Princess Diana had made her way out, thankfully. At least she would be kept safe. Soon the voice reappeared and it was time for the peace to end. 

"Take your places and begin the show," The voice spoke sending a shiver down my spine.

"Hank, I'm sorry"

"For what?"

"This."

I broke apart from him and took my place on the right set stairs. I stared out at the crowd. Erik soon began the speech.

"Mutants have for too long been treated as second class. Tonight was a futile attempt at equality. We know the second we turn our backs to you, you will not hesitate to betray us. So we figured we would beat you to it! We don't deserve your pitiful equality for we are superior to you, in every damn way."

I saw Erik hesitate for a moment before raising his hand.

"Open your right hand," The voice spoke in my head.

I opened my hand and stuck my arm out. I watched as pieces of metal pushed and pinned everyone in the ballroom against the wall. Soon a sword flew through the air before landing itself in my hand. 

"Move down the stairs and across the ballroom until you arrive in front of a young boy"

I slowly made my way down the stairs and walked down the line of people. I couldn't look them in the eyes. I found myself in front of a small red-headed boy. I stopped and saw Alex had done the same in front of a young brunette boy. 

"Kill them"

I froze. Kill this young boy? Was I merely trading their lives for Charles and Jean's? I looked over made eye contact with Hank. He gave me weak smile. He mouthed "I love you" and nodded to me. I raised my sword and aimed it at the boy's heart. I looked him in the eyes and felt myself start to tear up. I fought the tears and kept them from falling. I moved the sword in one quick thrust clean through the boy's chest. I pulled the sword out, its blade covered in dark red blood. The boy's limp body sank to the floor. Blood dripped from the blade of the sword, the droplets could be heard as they hit the floor of the silent room. I felt sick and froze in front of the child's dead body. I heard a loud thump from behind me as gasps filled the room. I turned and saw the limp body of Princess Diana and Erik standing on top of the balcony a bloody sword in hand. Blood oozed out from her body and flowed over the ballroom floors. 

"Go through the hallway on your left and enter the fifth room on the right"

I did as instructed still holding the sword in my hand. The three of us walked down the hall in silence. The sounds of our shoes echoed in the otherwise silent hall. We arrived at the door in question and opened it. Behind the door was a small room with a hatch on the floor. Alex pulled the hatch open and climb down the ladder inside. I followed and Erik went in after and sealed us in. I climbed down the ladder for several minutes and eventually landed in a dark tunnel. Three duffel bags sat on the floor.

"Put on the clothes inside and stuff your old ones in the bags, take everything with you. We leave no traces of what occurred tonight"

I found a bag with my initials on it and unzipped it. I turned my back to the boys and pulled my dress off and my shoes. I took the outfit from the bag and put it on. Once we were all changed we took the bags and slung them over our shoulders and continued down the dark tunnel. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.1K 605 31
All my life I've been hiding, hiding who I am from everyone, afraid of myself. I didn't get attached to anyone because I was afraid of hurting them. ...
97.7K 2.8K 30
{and all the kids cried out, 'please stop, you're scaring me' i can't help this awful energy goddamn right, you should be scared of me who is in con...
186K 9.6K 43
❝i wantβ€•βž he stopped. tore his fingers through his hair. ❝never mind what i want.❞ his voice was quie...
84.9K 2.1K 16
"No running through the hallway!" I yelled as two boys ran past me. "Yes Professor." They said as they slowed down. I smiled as I shook my head and...