The Fates

By Zeebeemuk

A fanfiction re-evaluating old mythology and racial prejudices.🧛🏻‍♂️ A girl goes on a free tour and in the... More

Author's Note
Part I: The Failed Tour
Part II: Hotel Apparition
Part III: Saint Marcus
Part IV: Catholic
Part V: Personal tour
Part VI: Il pranzo
Part VII: Disaster
Part VIII: Marcus' room
Part IX: Creation
Part X: Master Caius
Part XI: My Precious
Part XII: The Nightly Visitors
Part XIII: The Fates and Love
Part XIV: Bad Introductions
Part XV: Battle of the Reds
Part VI: Love and the Fates
Part XVII: Phone Calls:
Part XVIII: Home
Part XIX: Marcus' Letter
Part XX: Altercation
Part XXI: Caveat
Part XXII: Persuasion
Part XXIII: The Aftermath
Part XXIV: Reunion
Part XXV: The Green-eyed Monster
Part XXVI: Race
Part XXVII: Courting
Part XXVIII: Garnet
Part XXIX: Jamal's Advice
Part XXX: Firenze and Ambasciatori
Part XXXI: Shopping
Part XXXII: Tacky
Part XXXIII: Who's That Guy?
Part XXXIV: American Master
Part XXXV: Blood Ties
Part XXXVI: Blood Oath
Part XXXVII: My Room
Part XXXVIII: In Love
Part XXXIX: Wallflower
Part XL: Jazz Fest'
Part XLI: Dating Advice
Part XLII:Fast Food
Part XLIII: One Nugget from a Stroke
Part XLIV: BDSM
Part XLV: Distractions
Part XLVI: Little Rat
Part XLVII: Pig skin Eye
Part XLVIII: Mr Ferret
Part XLIX: Leather
Part L: Still in One Piece
Part LI: Polizia
Part LII: Dreams
Part LIII: Doctor Cullen
Part LIV: The Truth
Part LV: No Love
Author Update
Part LVII: Everything seen
Part LVI: The Deal
Part LVIII: All the Stars
Author's Note
Part LIX: All the stars II
Part LX: The Volturi Wives
Part LXI: The Law
Part LXII: Aro
Part LXIII: Calathea
Part LXIV: Noriker
Part LXVI: A Former King
Part LXVII: A Former King II
Part LXVIII: At Last
Part LXIX: The Last Chapter
Part LXX: Denali
Part LXXI: Ambrogio
Part LXXII: The Final Countdown
Author's Note

Part LXV: Sick

81 4 4
By Zeebeemuk

I was no longer with Aro in the restaurant...

I was in a green field. I started. I stood up and searched it.

Where was I?

I saw a grand man with black long hair and a horse face. My heart leapt.

Marcus!

I tried to touch him but my fingers went through him. I gasped and fell back into the wet grass. I saw him walk into the centre.

"Come out! I know you are here."
A bedraggled, dirty man with brown hair and brown eyes appeared.

He had whizzed into the field.
"Who are you child?" the filthy man asked Marcus.

"Child? Do you know I'm over three thousand years old?"

"Hm, still a child. What is it you seek?"
The man also had a rope around his neck with a strange orangey jewel.

"Are you Ambrogio?"
The man bared his teeth, sharp and pointed like a shark.

"How do you know my name? Are you one of Aro's?"

Marcus smiled at him.
I was worried he would lunge at Marcus' throat but Marcus was as cool as a cucumber.

"Once, I was his toy. But now I am free...so tell me.Why is someone like you reduced into living like a beggar?"

The scene faded and I was still slumped on the floor, but of the restaurant and not in a field.
Huh?

Felix was holding me and Aro stared at me, his eyes ghostly and his eyes black with emotion.

"Makayla, heavens! Are you alright?"
I shrugged. Of course I was fine. But why was I on the floor, then?

My orange braids were no longer in a high bun but spread across Felix's thighs. I stood but fell back and Felix caught me. My head felt wiry and one side felt raw and spongy.

I felt sick...
The pants Felix wore were cold and the floor hard. I made a motion to puke and I was turned over. I dry heaved.

My eyes strained and tears formed but nothing came out. I shook like a chihuahua.

Aro was beside himself. He looked like he wanted to hold my hair back, or rub my back.

But he couldn't.

I didn't want him to.
My throat croaky I rasped out:
"I feel sick."
Then I shut my eyes.

I woke up in a room that was white. Just white and baby yellow curtains...but other than that everything was white...the bed, the desk, the doors, the blinds.

What the heck?
I moved and the left side of my head burnt. I screamed. Benjamin materialized. This time I didn't flinch.

"You screamed? But you look ok."
"I'm not; I have this migraine here."
I touched my left temple.

He gazed at me.
"I will get Aro. Don't move."
I grabbed his hand. It was icy. I didn't want to see him.

"He's the only one who can get you help."
"He's the reason I'm in this situation. I wish I never laid eyes on him."

Benjamin sighed.
"At least let me call you a physician."
He left.

My side roiled and I felt pain in my lower abdomen.

"Ouch!"
I opened the covers and the white sheet was painted red. My face heated and I closed the covers.

I needed pads, but it was too late for me to look for them. I had stained what I was wearing.
"Demetri?"
He too appeared.
Were these guys outside the whole time waiting for me to call them individually?

He sniffed. Then he looked at me.
"Are you bleeding internally? You look sort of pale and I smell blood."

"You could say that. Not that big of a deal. This happens every month."
He screwed his face up and he looked at me, then his eyes became bright.

"Oh."
"Yeah, please get me some pads...maybe a menstrual cup if you can. New clothes too....and washing powder."

He nodded then he shouted: "Felix, I have something for you to do."

Felix stuck his head in.
"You got it right?"

"Yeah, anything else?"
My eyes became moon shaped.
"Wait, wait....you heard everything?"

"Yes, we vampires have good hearing. I could hear you from the other side of the building easily, since you humans are noisy and the blood rushes through your body and your heart thumps...."

His eyes started getting dark after he mentioned blood. Demetri smacked him.
He shook his head and his eyes returned to their pale red colour. He swallowed.

"Sorry...I was getting carried away. I'm glad you don't smell so appetizing or it would be hard to refocus. Do you want anything else?"

"Wine and chocolate would be good," I joked.
He nodded.
"Ok, rest assured mistress I'll be back in a few minutes."

"But for now isn't there a human here? Who is a woman?" I asked the two cloaked gentlemen.

"There's the laundry maid; I will go see her before going to the shopping centre."

Felix came back with a load and I was overjoyed...only I just realised I had spoiled my underwear. Aro gave Demetri one of the sets of underwear he had gotten me. As usual it was highly inappropriate...lacy and small. But it did its job.

As for clothes I had to resort to Aro's little blue dress. By the time I had bathed and changed Felix had brought my stuff. And Benjamin had brought me some pain killers.

I soaked the stained sheet with washing powder then the laundry maid was asked to change the bed linen.

"Makayla, how I have..." Aro stopped midsentence and he scrunched his nose.

"Ewww...dead blood. Felix, Demetri why have you not called a physician yet? She is bleeding internally and is pale!"
Felix laughed.

"Master, she is not sick. She is having her menstrual cycle. It's normal. " he said.

Aro lowered his head and scratched his neck.
"Oh."
Demetri wanted to laugh but Aro gave him a feral glare.

"I had forgotten human women bleed monthly. It is rather unsightly."
I felt hurt.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Marcus sat helplessly as I grabbed my stomach and moaned.
"Isn't there anything I can do?"

I never usually had bad period cramps but for some reason when Marcus came to chill with me, for the first time whilst having my menses, it had to be the bad guy and act up.

I shook my head.He sighed and left. He slammed the door. My heart sank.

Of course he would not want to be with me like this.

The door creaked. I raised my head from the couch. He had a box of Belgian chocolates, a few pads, a menstrual cup, pain killers and a hot water bottle.

"You went shopping? I thought you left me...because I was being annoying."
He kissed my nose.
"Silly woman; this is perfectly normal. I just refuse to see you in pain without trying to relieve it first."

I smiled a goofy smile...

When I came to from my reverie I still had that smile but when I saw Aro's cruel face the smile left.

Since menstruation was exuding the unfertilized egg and the uterus lining....it was blood...but dead blood.

And since Felix could hear my blood and Demetri commented on how he thought I was bleeding internally....they must be able to smell it.

"How long does this bleeding last?"
Aro looked green.
"Six days."
Aro's eyes widened.

"Can't you make it shorter? I once watched a documentary about polar bears preventing the egg from implanting. Something similar should be possible with you."

I lost it.
I threw the lamp next to me at his face. He dodged it last minute and the shade broke on the wall.

"You insensitive jerk! You brought me here against my will! And now you think you can control my body too? This is natural I can't stop it even if I wanted to the dead tissue has to leave my body or I'd get sick!"

Aro scowled.
"Not true; just recently I saw a woman stop these bleedings...but then she did get these drugs I'll buy this ... only for today...I can't be around you in this state. It's ghastly."

"Good," I shouted. "I don't want you anyway. If Marcus was here...."
Aro growled.

"Marcus, Marcus! Marcus! You idolize that man too much."

"That's because he loves me unconditionally, which you could never do."
Aro frowned and he stormed out.
Felix and Demetri stared after him.

I truly hoped he never came back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.1K 1.2K 34
She was a forgotten in her line of purebloods. He was a broken soul. They were opposites in character. Yet so perfect for each other. They evened out...
566 30 6
A simple life with a father and step-mother. That's all you wanted. Things get a little crazy when the goddess of love and beauty decides to barge in...
13.3K 159 14
Here are some fanfictions, some shorter than others, romances or not -smut or not- over the Twilight universe (especially the Volturi) that I have pi...
41.4K 1.1K 155
Read and find out😏 Yes that's a cop out because I'm terrible with descriptions 😭 but this book got a lot of shenanigans Discord for this story: ht...