Fallin' For You-Part 5

By KeefeS66

Sophie Foster's summer is ending, and she now has to go through her final year of high school. With Keefe's v... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
The End...Or is it?

TWENTY-TWO

1.8K 30 20
By KeefeS66

"Happy Valentine's day," Dex told them as he walked into the cafeteria. "Sorry I wasn't here this morning. The triplets decided to spray-paint the bathroom red."

"This Valentine's day kind of sucks," Biana mumbled.

Dex blinked as he sat down. "Why?"

"Because Tam's not here to share it with me." Biana explained. "I mean, he called me this morning, but he's also got a lot of stuff to do today so I can't talk to him later."

Dex bit his lip before turning to Sophie. "How's your Valentine's day?"

Sophie shrugged. "I mean, I kind of agree with Biana, but Keefe's not really doing anything after his classes, so I think I'm just going to Facetime him."

"I'm so glad I don't have a boyfriend," Maruca said with a laugh. "I'm having a great Valentine's day."

"Yeah, it feels great to be single," Jensi said, and he and Maruca gave each other a high-five.

"You guys don't need to be upset about it," Dex turned back to Sophie and Biana. "I mean, you have me."

"But you're not Tam," Biana groaned as Sophie said, "Thanks Dex,"

"Yes, but I'm Dex," Dex said with a grin. "I'm super cool. And I got everyone something." He placed his bookbag on the table and started pulling out those heart-shaped boxes and handing one to each of them. "Those boxes are another reason why I was late this morning."

"This is so sweet," Maruca said with a smile. "Thank you Dex."

Jensi had already started eating the chocolate from the box. "This is so good!"

The rest of their conversation was about Valentines day and about how they were already ready for school to be over.

"The bells going to ring in," Dex started, looking at his watch. "Five...four...three...two..."

The bells chimed and everyone dumped their trays and made their way to their lockers to get their stuff for their next class.

§§§

"I'm home," Sophie said as she walked inside and shut the door behind her. "Guess what? I made a 100 on my government test today."

"That's wonderful," Edaline said, walking out of the kitchen and greeting Sophie with a hug. "Oh, by the way, there's a package for you on the counter."

Sophie grinned, pulling away from her mom and skipping to the kitchen and finding a big, brown box. It was addressed to her, and it was from Keefe.

Sophie took the box and ran into her room, dodging Oakley—who was laying on her floor—and jumping onto her bed. She tried her best to open the box, and after a few tries she finally got it open.

Inside was a card—which she looked at first.

It said:

Dear Foster,
Happy Valentine's day! It kind of sucks that I can't spend this day with you but I'm just glad you're reading this card. I hope you have a wonderful day, and just know that I'm down for facetime whenever you are.
Love,

Keefe

p.s. Make sure to tell Oakley that I love her too!

Sophie smiled before sliding off her bed, picking up Oakley and kissing her. "Keefe says he loves you,"

She then set the dog down, jumped back onto her bed, and looked inside the box. It was filled with Valentine's day themed snacks and candy and it also had a small, black box in it.

When Sophie opened the box, she smiled at the silver necklace inside. It wasn't anything fancy, but it had her initials on it.

Sophie put it back in its box and pushed the bigger box to the end of her bed. She quickly took out her phone and decided it was time to Facetime Keefe.

After a few rings, Keefe's face finally popped onto the screen.

His hair was a little messier than usual and he had a few paint splatters on his clothes, but his smirk made Sophie grin.

"Happy Valentine's day," Sophie said. "I got your gift."

"Happy Valentines day to you too." Keefe grinned. "So, what'd you think?"

Sophie laughed. "I loved the candy and the necklace was so sweet."

"Yay, I'm glad you liked it," He said, still grinning. "I liked your gift too."

Sophie blinked. "What gift?"

Sophie had been super busy, so she hadn't been able to send him a Valentines day gift. So, what was he talking about?

Keefe looked as if he were trying to keep a straight face. "The gift of me seeing you."

Sophie crinkled her nose. "So, now that you're my boyfriend you have to say cringey things?"

Keefe burst into laughter. "Nah, I was just trying to make you cringe. That sentence sounded like something Fitz-worthy."

Sophie laughed. "It really did." Sophie smiled. "And I'm really sorry I didn't get you a gift. I've just been—"

"Don't worry about it," Keefe interrupted with a smile. "You don't have to get me a gift."

"Well I'm getting you something for your birthday," Sophie said with a quick nod. "I promise,"

Keefe grinned. "Well, then, I can't wait."

Sophie opened her mouth to say something but stopped when there was a knock on her door and Edaline walked in a second later.

"What're you up to?" Edaline asked, walking in a sitting down on Sophie's bed next to her.

"Talking to Keefe," Sophie answered, turning around her phone and showing Edaline.

"Oh," Edaline said with a smile. "Hi Keefe,"

"Hey Mrs. Ruewen," Keefe said. "How are you?"

Edaline's smile widened. "I'm doing great Keefe, how are you?"

"I'm doing awesome!" Keefe answered back with a laugh.

"That's great. Well," She glanced at Sophie. "I'm going to have to steal Sophie away for a minute because Grady and I have a surprise for her. Is that alright?"

"Sure," Keefe said before Sophie turned the phone back around to face her. "Well, I guess I'll see you later."

"Yeah," Sophie said, smiling at him. "Bye,"

After he said bye, Sophie ended the call and turned to Edaline. "So, what's the surprise?"

"Well, Grady and I thought it'd be fun to have a Valentine's day game night." She explained. "How does that sound?"

Sophie grinned. "Sounds great,"

She and Edaline both got up from her bed and made their way downstairs. Grady was already in the living room and a Hallmark movie was playing.

"So, who wants to go on a scavenger hunt?" Grady asked with a grin.

Sophie blinked, a smile on her face. "You guys made a scavenger hunt?"

"Yep," Grady said. "And you get a surprise when you're done."

"Aren't I a little too old to go on a scavenger hunt?" Sophie honestly didn't mind one bit, but she knew that Grady and Edaline always wanted her to act like "the mature adult" she was.

"I don't think you can ever be too old for scavenger hunts," Edaline said. "Now, this is your first clue." She handed Sophie a sheet of paper that had a riddle on it.

The riddle said: I could show you many things. From cartoons, to movies, and sports. You watch me all the time—I even give news reports.

"That's easy," Sophie said with a laugh. "It's the TV." She walked over and grabbed the small strip of paper that was next to the TV.

"They get harder." Grady said. "Trust me,"

Sophie shrugged before reading the next clue. It said: I'm a welcome sight for your tired eyes; and comfy to the max. The perfect option for nightly dozing, and good for aching backs.

"Whose bed is it?" Sophie asked, turning to her parents.

"The guest bedroom," Edaline said.

Sophie blinked. "There are two,"

Grady and Edaline shrugged and Sophie sighed before racing to the guest bedrooms. In the second one, she found the clue and it led her to the shower.

From there, she went to the front porch, the garage, the attic, and all the way to the mailbox. The next one she got said: I usually see you three times in a day, but I'm also a good spot for homework and board games to be played.

"The dining room," Sophie mumbled to herself as she ran back inside and to the dining room.

In the room she found Grady and Edaline, sitting at the table, holding up a stack of red-velvet Macaroons.

They grinned. "Happy Valentine's day!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 112 26
Everlasting 1. lasts forever or a very long time Love 1. A very deep intense feeling of affection. Sophie Foster is confused. Why? Why? Did she feel...
22K 278 19
Fitz Vacker is the captain of the football team, dating the most popular cheerleader, and has the life pretty much every high school boy wants. Every...
16.5K 492 30
OLD WRITING ALERT Biana Vacker doesn't remember Tam. Pieces of her memories are gone.Tam is mad at Biana for somthing, but Biana doesn't remember tha...
5.3K 139 13
Sophie Foster is an academic scholar. Accepted into Foxfire on reccomendation from her best friends dad, she is absolutely ecstatic for her academic...