promises ❥ harry potter x fem...

By ilyhjp

falling for the chosen one, what could go wrong? maybe some promises were meant to be broken in the end. bec... More

welcome!
main cast
1.1 king's cross station
1.2 the sorting ceremony
(1-2) oh, how fast time flies by
3.1 the leaky cauldron
3.2 if you would like to?
3.3 the hippogriff
3.4 flying into your heart
3.5 impervius!
3.6 the marauder's map
3.7 snowmen
3.8 time turner
3.9 happy goodbyes
4.1 the quidditch world cup
4.2 for you
4.3 i'm not an owl
4.4 the first task
4.5 dance practice
4.6 jealousy
4.7 the yule ball
4.8 the second task
4.9 promise?
4.10 the third task
5.1 distance
5.2 grimmauld place
5.3 anger
5.4 professor umbridge
5.5 you and me
5.6 the DA
5.7 infatuated
5.8 DA meetings
5.9 christmas
5.10 raining cats and dogs
5.11 patronus
5.12 sirius black
5.13 the courtroom
6.1 weasley's wizard wheezes
6.3 quidditch tryouts
6.4 the three broomsticks
6.5 lavender brown
6.6 jealously, jealously
6.7 melted souls
6.7 like lightning
6.8 oh ronald!

6.2 runes

3.2K 131 786
By ilyhjp

Y/N's pov ϟ

"Consider yourself lucky," I groaned as I packed my potions book, shoving it into my book bag. "I have to go to first period now."

"I have a free period," Harry sang playfully as he leaned against the common room wall, placing his hands in his pockets. 

"If you boast about your free period one more time, I'll shut you up."

"Mhm, and how will you do that?" Harry smirked as he bit his lip slightly.

"Not in the way you want," I playfully retorted as I slung my bag over my shoulder.

"Y/N!"

I looked over my shoulder to see Hermione walk into the common room. "We've got to go to Potions now."

"Okay, I'm coming!" I called out as I walked towards her.

Harry rushed up behind me and grabbed my wrist. I turned around to look at him, pointing at his lips.

"No goodbye kiss?"

I laughed before grabbing his collar, my lips colliding with his. I could feel him smile against my lips as he deepened the kiss. My arms wrapped around his neck as I heard Hermione clear her throat.

"Guys, I'm still here," Hermione groaned as I pulled away.

"Sorry Mione," I gave her an apologetic smile as I winked at Harry before leaving. He winked back playfully as we left the common room.

"Why do you two have to snog so aggressively all the time?" Hermione muttered as we walked through the crowded hallway.

"Wish that was you and Ron, huh?" I teased as we accidentally bumped into a couple of first years.

"Y/N!"

"Okay, I'm sorry," I snickered as we reached Professor Slughorn's classroom. Hermione opened the door as we walked inside together.

"Oh! Welcome, welcome." Professor Slughorn's voice rang out as we stood next to the large crowd of people, pulling out their textbooks.

I reached down to open my bag as a shrill voice spoke up loudly behind me.

"Why are you wearing that bag?!" 

I spun around to see Romilda Vane standing there angrily as her friends glared at me.

"I'm sorry?" I said slowly as I looked at Hermione with confusion. Hermione shrugged as I turned to look at Romilda.

"I asked why you were wearing Harry's bag!" Romilda huffed as she crossed her arms at me. "That's not your bag!"

"What?"

"I got that bag for Harry, not for you!"

"Oh, you got him this bag?" I nearly laughed at Romilda's expression as she narrowed her eyes at me. 

"Yeah, I did."

"Can I ask why?"

"Because he deserves someone who can buy him nice things." Romilda looked me up and down as she laughed mockingly. "You don't seem like you can."

I let out a hollow scoff as Slughorn interrupted me loudly. 

"Now, quiet down everyone, class is about to start," Slughorn called out as he clasped his hand together excitedly. "My name is Professor Slughorn and I will be teaching your N.E.W.T level potions class." 

Hermione pulled me away from Romilda as I glared at her. 

"Now, today we will be discussing a couple of concoctions that I have created this morning. Attention to detail in the preparation is the prerequisite of all plans-"

Slughorn was cut off as the door swung open as Harry and Ron entered. I glanced at Harry with surprise as he gave me a big grin.

I heard a small giggle to my left as I turned to see Romilda Vane and Lavender Brown smiling widely at Harry and Ron.

I narrowed my eyes at Romilda, who was nearly drooling as she stared at Harry.

"Harry, my boy, I've been beginning to worry. You brought someone with us, I see."

"Ron Weasley, sir. But I'm dead awful at Potions. A menace, actually. So, I'm probably just gonna-"

"Nonsense, we'll sort you out. Any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine. Get your books out," Slughorn said lightly as he turned to look back at the class.

"I'm sorry, sir, I haven't actually got my book yet and nor is Ron," Harry spoke up loudly.

"Not to worry, get what you want from the cupboard." Slughorn motioned towards the wooden drawer at the other end of the classroom.

I hid my laugh as Ron and Harry began fighting over the books in the cabinet.

"Now as I was saying, I prepared some concoctions this morning. Any ideas what these might be? Yes, Miss-?"

"Granger, sir. That one there is Veritaserum. It's a truth-telling serum," Hermione said as she pointed at the second pot. "And that would be Polyjuice Potion. It's terribly tricky to make."

"Excellent and this is?" Professor Slughorn asked as he opened a cauldron.

The smell of cinnamon and sandalwood filled the room as Ron and Harry quickly made their way towards us.

"That's Amortentia, the most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumored to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them. For example, I smell freshly mown grass, new parchment, and-" Hermione paused as she whispered out the last part. "Spearmint toothpaste."

I hid my grin as she was clearly describing Ron. Hermione quickly stepped back and widened her eyes at me.

"Well, it smells like you in here," Harry whispered into my ear as he stood inches behind me.

I turned to look at Harry standing behind me, a smirk on his face.

"Well, what do I smell like?" I teased as I turned my attention back to Slughorn.

"Vanilla and something floral."

"I changed my lotion a couple days ago," I whispered back as Slughorn continued talking. "Roses."

"Mhm. That's it."

Harry rested his head on my shoulder, his arm traveling to my waist as my breath hitched.

"Now, Amortentia doesn't create actual love. That would be impossible, but it does cause powerful infatuation or obsession," Slughorn rambled on as I attempted to focus, Harry's hand resting on my hip.

I watched as Romilda Vane and Lavender Brown inched towards the potion. I glared at her back as I saw her sneak another glance at Harry.

"And for that reason, it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room." Professor Slughorn closed the lid to the cauldron as the two girls stepped back.

"Sir, you haven't told us what's in that one," Katie Bell said as she pointed towards a small vial holding a clear liquid.

"Oh yes!" Slughorn reached over to unscrew the vial. "What you see before you, ladies and gentlemen, is a curious little potion, known as Felix Felicis. But it is more commonly known referred to as—"

"Liquid luck," Hermione butted in as Slughorn looked at her with pleasant surprise.

"Yes, Miss Granger. Liquid luck. Desperately tricky to make, disastrous should you get it wrong. One sip and you'll find that all of your endeavors succeed. At least until the effects wear off. So this is what I offer each of you today. One tiny vial of liquid luck to the student who in the hour that remains, manages to brew an acceptable Draught of Living Dead," Slughorn paused as he raised the vial into the air. 

"Recipes for which can be found on page 10 of your books. Issue one doubt, however. Only one set of student manage to brew a potion of sufficient quality to claim this prize. Nevertheless, good luck to you all. Let the brewing commence!"

I watched as Hermione practically ran over to her cauldron as the three of us hurried towards ours.

I opened my book as I stood next to Harry, turning it to page 10 as Hermione started to cut her bean. 

Preparations of the Draught of Living Death 

Instructions: 

1. Cut up one Sopophorous bean.

I reached up to grab a bean from the pile stacked in the center of our table as Ron was cursing fluently under his breath. 

"How- do- you- cut- this- damn- bean?" Ron muttered as he started stabbing his bean aggressively. 

Hermione's hair started to frizz as she attempted to slice open her bean, it flying out of her grip. 

I looked over at Harry who started crushing his bean with the flat end of his blade, large amounts of bean juice gushing out on his cutting board. 

Harry winked at me as he poured the juice into his cauldron happily. 

"How did you do that?" Hermione exclaimed as Harry's cauldron started to bubble approvingly with the addition of bean juice. 

"You crush it, don't cut it," Harry said lightly as he gave me a knowing look. 

"No, the instructions specifically say to cut!" Hermione snapped as she slammed her hands onto the table. 

"No, really."

Hermione looked back down at her book and into her cauldron as she frowned. I looked around the classroom to see everyone clearly puzzled as they attempted to follow the instructions.

"Here." Harry placed a crushed bean onto my cutting board. "I crushed one for you, just put the juice in your cauldron."

"Well, thank you very much," I said as I nudged Harry playfully. He nudged me back as I poured the bean juice into my cauldron. 

I looked back down at Harry's potions book, large black scribbles inked onto the page. 

"Then add a clockwise stir," Harry whispered into my ear as I glanced up at him. "Trust me, it works."

I furrowed my eyebrows as I glimpsed into my potion, stiring it clockwise. I watched as the potion magically turned the pale lilac color described in the textbook. 

"How did you-" I began as Harry cut me off.

"I'll tell you later."

I let out a pleasant chuckle as I continued to follow Harry's instructions, my potion improving drastically, but it was nowhere as accurate as Harry's. 

"Alright class!" Slughorn called out. "Stop stirring. I will now go around to check your potions!"

I watched as Slughorn moved slowly around the tables, peering into the student's cauldrons disapprovingly. 

He made our way towards our table, stopping to look at Hermione's for a split second before moving on.

"Mhm, Ms. Tipnesse, am I right?" Slughorn murmured as he stared into my potion. 

"Uh, yes sir," I responded nervously as he gave me a small smile. 

"Not too bad. Good for the first try," Slughorn gave me an approving nod as he moved onto Harry's cauldron, his face lighting up brightly.  

"Merlin's beard!" Slughorn exclaimed as he dropped a leaf into Harry's cauldron. "It is perfect! So perfect I'd just say one drop would kill us all!"

Hermione scoffed loudly as she blew a strand of hair out of her face. Harry raised his eyebrows teasingly at Hermione as she crossed her arms.

Slughorn motioned for the class to gather around as he handed Harry the bottle of Felix Felicis. Hermione was boiling with jealously as Ron looked pleasantly surprised. 

"Here we are then, as promised. One vial of Felix Felicis. Congratulations. Use it well."

I clapped proudly as Harry held the bottle out at the class, the Gryffindors clapping shortly while the Slytherins crossed their arms.

The four of us walked out of class as Harry slipped the small vial into his robes.

"How did you do that, Harry?" Hermione exclaimed once we were out of earshot of Professor Slughorn. "No offense, but you were never good at Potions."

"Lucky guess?" Harry made up as we walked down the hall.

"There is no way that was all a lucky guess," Hermione huffed as she walked off, Ron trailing after her.

"At least you helped me on some steps," I commented as we turned a corner. "Hermione was fuming when you beat her in class-"

"Harry!"

I whipped around to see Romilda Vane and a couple of her friends standing behind us. I furrowed my eyebrows as I watched her bat her eyelashes at Harry.

"I was wondering if you could help me with Potions? You're really good," Romilda giggled as she stared at Harry.

"Sorry, I'm already helping Y/N. Can't help too many people," Harry said quickly as he pulled me away, grabbing my hand.

I smiled satisfactorily at Romilda's face as we made our way towards my next class hand in hand.

"Did you see the look on her face," I chuckled as we stopped in front of the classroom. "That was gratifying."

"Go to class now," Harry said lightly as he smiled at me. "Want me to go in with you?"

"You aren't in Ancient Runes," I teased as I walked towards the door. "See you later."

Harry waved at me before I ran up to him and quickly pecked his cheek. Harry let out a small laugh as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Thought you said see you later?" Harry teased as I rolled my eyes at him. I pushed him away lightly before walking backwards.

"Goodbye, Harry, for reals this time. Have fun in Charms."

"Okay, bye."

I gave Harry a big grin as I entered the classroom. I looked around to see Hermione standing alone in front of the class as I made my way next to her.

"Hey," I said quietly as the class buzzed around us. Hermione gave me a quick smile as the professor spoke up.

"Welcome, welcome!" Professor Babwer said loudly as she smiled warmly at the class. "I am Professor Babwer and I will be teaching your N.E.W.T. level class for Ancient Runes this year."

She began walking around the classroom and pulled out a book from the shelf. "I'm sure you all have the book, 'Advanced Rune Translation'?"

Rustling could be heard as the class searched for their textbooks. I quickly dived into my book bag and took out the thick book.

"Excellent," Professor Babwer began as she grinned at the filled classroom. "Now, this year we will have two partners, one for the beginning half of this year and one for the later half."

I watched as she waved her wand at a glass container holding small pieces of paper. "I will be selecting these partners and you will be working with them to translate multiple runes."

The class groaned as paper started to fly out of the container in pairs of two. Professor Babwer grabbed the first two and read them out loud.

"Our first pair is Hermione Granger and Claire Whitewood."

I pushed Hermione towards a timid Ravenclaw girl standing alone in the corner. She gave me a nervous smile as they walked towards a desk.

"Our next pair is Blaise Zabini and Y/N Tipnesse."

My eyes widened with surprise as I turned to look at the Slytherin boy standing with his friends. He gave me a small smile as we made our way towards a desk.

"Hello," Blaise began as we sat down. He outstretched his hand and gave me a small smile. "I'm Blaise."

"Hi, I'm Y/N."

I returned the grin as Professor Babwer continued to call out names.

"I'm sorry about your mother," Blaise said softly as we watched the professor. "Read about it in the Prophet."

"Oh, it's alright." I gave him a small smile.

"If it makes you feel better, my father died when I was eight."

I turned to look at Blaise in shock as he snickered.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked in surprise.

"I apologize, your face was priceless. You can laugh if you want, I never really knew him."

I let out a small breathy laugh as more people began sitting with their partners.

"So, what made you take Ancient Runes?" I asked, breaking the awkward silence as I turned to look at him.

"I had the O.W.L grade so why not?" Blaise shrugged as he leaned back in his chair, his hands resting on the back of his head. "How about you?"

"Hermione made me take this class with her," I responded as I played with the cover of the textbook. 

"Not surprised. You two are always together, followed with Potter and Weasley."

"And you're always with Nott and Malfoy," I noted as I looked at him.

"Ah, watching me?"

"Not out of choice."

Blaise chuckled as Professor Babwer spoke up loudly. "These will be your partners for the next couple of months, so get to know them well."

"Today's assignment will be a light translation," Professor Babwer said as she waved her wand, a piece of runes text and an empty piece of parchment appearing on our desk. "Write your partner's names on top and turn it in by the end of this class."

The class started rustling for their quills as I reached for mine. I neatly dipped it in the ink and wrote the assignment and our names at the top.

N.E.W.T Ancient Runes Translation: Y/N Tipnesse and Blaise Zabini.

"Alright," I began as I looked at Blaise. "Shall we begin?"

He nodded as I opened my textbook, revealing multiple small Runes figures with their English translation.

"Well, it shows a Demiguise, representing the number zero since it has the ability to become invisible," Blaise noted as I copied it down on the parchment.

"Good," I murmured as I scanned the text. "The next rune is a Salamander, representing the number six since that's the maximum amount of hours it could survive out of fire."

Blaise chuckled as he turned the page of his textbook. "Never knew you were smart, Tipnesse."

"Well, I'm in this class, am I not?" I retorted sharply as I wrote it down on the parchment.

"Hey, I didn't mean it in an offensive way." Blaise raised his eyebrows at me. "I apologize if it came off like that."

I stopped writing as I looked up at him. 

"It's alright, I know you didn't mean it that way." I gave him a small smile before turning back to the textbook. "What's the next one?"

"A Hydra, nine heads meaning-"

"The number nine," I finished for him as I wrote it down. We quickly went through the translation, finishing first as I turned it in to Professor Babwer.

I watched her grin as she scanned through our work.

"This is excellent!" Professor Babwer glanced up at me happily. "You two work well together."

"Thank you," I responded, returning her smile as I walked back to the desk, Blaise leaning back on his chair.

"What did she say?" he asked as I placed the textbook back into my bag.

"That we did a good job."

"That's nice to hear," Blaise said as he played with his quill. "You know, I don't really know you. How about we ask questions about each other till class is over? We're partners for the next couple of months, after all."

I looked at him in surprise. "And I thought all Slytherins hated Gryffindors."

"Not all of us," Blaise raised his left eyebrow at me.

"Alright, I'll start. What's your favorite class?" I asked lightly.

"Probably Potions, what about you?"

"I would say Transfiguration," I said after thinking for a while. "I like the class and Professor McGonagall."

"You're quite good at Quidditch," Blaise said as he looked at me. "I know Urquhart thinks you're a good chaser, but doesn't want to admit it."

"Really?" I nearly laughed out of amusement. "What a pleasant surprise. I noticed-"

I was cut off as the bell rang, signaling the end of class.

"Class?" Professor Babwer called out as she looked out at us. "Your homework is a fifteen inch essay, two translations, and make sure that you read the next two chapters of your book by Wednesday."

The class broke out in protest and loud groans as Professor Babwer raised her hand. 

"Don't complain about the workload, you signed up for this class. Make sure your handwriting is neat!" she called out as people began leaving her classroom. 

"Well, goodbye Zabini,"  I said as I stood up quickly, slinging my bag over my shoulder.

"Not Blaise?" he asked as he stood up, his chair scraping the ground loudly.

"Sorry," I paused before continuing. "Blaise."

"Catch you tomorrow then?" Blaise asked as he walked towards his friends.

"Yeah," I said as I made my way towards Hermione.

"How was your partner?" Hermione asked as she finished packing her bags aggressively. "Noticed you finished first."

"He was okay," I said as I helped put her textbook in her bag. "Surprisingly friendly. How was yours?"

"Mine was a little brat," Hermione huffed as we left the classroom. "We spent the first half of class arguing on the paper layout. I can't believe I'm stuck with her for the next few months. Today is not my day! First, it started with Potions and now it's Ancient Runes, you've got to be kidding me-" 

Hermione continued ranting about her partner as we made our way towards the Gryffindor tower for our free period.

~~~

"Hey Harry?" I called out as I knocked at his door. "Are you in here?"

"Yeah, come in," Harry's muffled voice rang out as I opened the door. Harry was sitting on his bed, organizing a notebook as I sat down next to him. 

"How was class today?" Harry asked as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. 

"It was good, how about you?" I responded as my head leaned against his shoulder.

"It was okay," Harry mumbled as he flipped through his pages. "I have to organize this stupid notebook for Charms."

Harry stopped and closed his notebook before turning to look at me. 

"But, now that you're here, let's do something together."

"What is it?" I raised my eyebrow at his playful tone as he reached for his nightstand pulling out some flashcards. 

"Let's study."

"Study?" I laughed as Harry started organizing his flashcards. "You never study?"

"That's not true!" Harry exclaimed as he sat across from me. "I study when I need to."

"Okay, so what's the occasion? I usually have to pull you to the library with me," I laughed as I leaned against his pillows.

"The rules: you quiz me on Transfiguration and every time I get one right, I get a reward. Sound good?"

I started laughing as Harry handed me his flashcards. 

"Okay, I guess I'll help you study," I snickered as I flipped through the flashcards. "First question: How many Principal Exceptions are there to Gamp's Law of Elemental Transfiguration?"

"Four."

"Wrong," I sang out as I raised my right eyebrow at him. "It's five."

"No, it's four," Harry argued as he reached out for the flashcards. 

"No cheating!" I exclaimed as I hid the cards behind my back. "It's five, the card says it's five."

"You're lying," Harry said as he tried to grab the flashcards, our faces inches apart. 

"Uh-uh," I teased as I looked at him. "It's five, and no snogging since you didn't get it right."

Harry scoffed as he scooted back to his spot. "Fine, give me another one."

"This is an easy one," I began as I read out the card. "Name the four branches of Transfiguration."

Harry smirked as he started listing them confidently. 

"Transformation, Untransfiguration, Vanishment, and Conjuration."

"Correct," I said loudly as I stood up from the bed. 

"Hey, where are you going?" Harry asked as he walked towards me. "I got it right!"

"Never said I would give the reward now," I teased as Harry grabbed my arm. 

"Oh really?" Harry raised his eyebrow at me as I hid my smile. 

"Mhm."

I grabbed his collar as my lips collided with his, pulling his body towards mine. My hands made their way to his hair as his arms traveled to my waist. I deepened the kiss as Harry pushed me against the wall.

"Hey Potter! Are you up here?" a loud voice rang out as I pushed Harry away. I hid next to Harry's closet as the door swung open a couple seconds later, Jack Sloper standing in the doorway. 

I watched as he gave Harry a roll of parchment. "Dumbledore told me to give this to you, also when are Quidditch try outs, heard you're the caption this year?"

"Uh," Harry began as his cleared his throat. "I'm not sure yet, but I'll let you know."

"Oh right, I was wondering if it could be this weekend though?" Jack rambled as Harry ignored him, opening up the letter. 

"Yeah, yeah," Harry mumbled as Jack left the room. I let out a small sigh as I turned to look at Harry, his eyebrows furrowed as he read the parchment. 

"What does it say?" I asked as I made my way over to him. 

"Dumbledore wants me to meet him now." Harry rolled his eyes as he closed the parchment. "Is he kidding me?"

I hid my laugh as I pushed him towards the door. "Go then! Don't keep him waiting."

"Couple more minutes, then I'll go," Harry said quickly as he started trailing kisses down my neck, his hands wrapping around my waist. 

"As much as I would like to, no," I teased as I pushed him away. "Don't keep the headmaster waiting."

"Please?"

"Maybe later, now go!" I laughed as Harry let out a loud sigh.

"I'm going to kill Sloper," Harry groaned as he left the room, closing the door behind him. I laughed as I could hear his dramatic sighs echoing in the hallways. 

(3/24/21)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 76.2K 187
In which the marauders generation watch Athena Potters life and see the dangers of which awaits them. Where friends becomes enemies and enemies becom...
308K 8.2K 21
Mᴄᴜ x Hᴘ Sɪʀɪᴜs ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴍᴏᴠɪᴇꜱ: ᴀᴠᴇɴɢᴇʀꜱ ᴀꜱꜱᴇᴍʙʟᴇ- completed ᴄᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ᴀᴍᴇʀɪᴄᴀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴏʟᴅɪᴇʀ - writing ᴀᴠᴇɴɢᴇʀꜱ ᴀɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴜʟᴛʀᴏɴ - x ᴄᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ᴀ...
84.2K 1.4K 57
PT 1 - COMPLETE { All 8 movies. No promise xx} You play as Caitlin a girl who has been abused her whole life until she receives a letter finding out...
9.4M 289K 75
☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ (Harry Potter x Fem! Reader) ❝ 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬, 𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐲, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐡�...