A Welcome Rain

Av lyricirony

This is a felinette story. As you can guess I'm bored of reading the love square stories and tired of waiting... Mer

Prologue
CHAPTER - 2
CHAPTER - 3
CHAPTER - 4
CHAPTER - 5
CHAPTER - 6
CHAPTER - 7
CHAPTER - 8
CHAPTER - 9
CHAPTER - 10
CHAPTER - 11
CHAPTER - 12
CHAPTER - 13
CHAPTER - 14
A/N
CHAPTER - 15

CHAPTER - 1

2.8K 79 41
Av lyricirony

A day in the life of Marinette.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
It was a bright sunny day in the city of Paris. The light was filtering through the glass windows . There was a light breeze . A certain ravenette was sitting in the back of her class silently sketching. She looked out of the window for inspiration , but couldn't find any . The sun was looking beautiful but she had already made a design like that . Looking outside she thought for a moment before settling to just draw a scenery .

As the ravenette drew , her mysterious and enchanting blue eyes , focusing on the scenery in front of her . She thought it was such a beautiful day . It was perfect almost perfect .

"And then you know they asked me to act in the music video . But I couldn't do it . My mom said you're so young you should focus on studying "

The ravenette smiled . There it is . How can any day be good with Lila around . It hasn't even been a minute since the liar came in and she's already lying .
Marinette quickly hid her smile , choosing to focus on sketching rather than the liar .

It was the last day of the semester , after this the exams would start . Marinette had taken a break from her commissions , due to the approaching exams . If she wants to get into the best university her grades should be perfect . She couldn't afford to score low after the whole scandal with Lila , in which she was nearly expelled .

To this day Marinette could never understand what change took place in the liars mind that she said she had a lying disease. You would be thinking Who believes that? . Well , the whole class and the principal .

You would probably be thinking that if she said that she has a lying disease than why are people still believing her? Good question .

She told everyone that she doesn't have a lying disease. She didn't want to get Marinette expelled that's why she blurted out the first thing she could think of . Amazing ,right.

She has the whole class wrapped around her finger . She lies to everyone about her connections , her achievements , basically everything . The only thing the ravenette was sure about was that the liars name is Lila Rossi. But was it really? Marinette laughed . To think that someone could lie to such an extent that she was beginning to judge the credibility of her name . Who knew maybe she was lying about her name as well . If Marinette ever came to know that it wasn't her real name she wouldn't be surprised.

At this point Marinette was convinced her class shares a single dead brain cell .

She tried to warn her classmates about  Lila's lies but they put it off to jealousy .

Marinette's best friend Alya always said ,"Girl , you're just jealous that Lila gets to hang out with Adrien . You should cut Lila some slack . She's a nice girl when you come to know her."

Jealous. The designer wanted to laugh at that . Like she would do all of this just for jealousy . It was the fact that the liar was going to ruin everyone whoever associated with her that's what  the ravenette wanted to tell. Marinette could very well see through her lies . That's why Lila threatened her .

The ravenette never took it seriously, but now sitting in the back bench seeing all her  friends talking to the brunette she realized that she had indeed underestimated the brunette .

It was very gradual . Her getting separated from her friends . It was now one whole month since she had talked to Alya about anything besides school work . About which also they talked very little. They mostly when they all wanted favors from her .

The ravenette sighed . But she shouldn't get upset . She felt a little warmth on her legs . Tikki's little paws were assuring her that its okay .

Marinette was grateful for the little God of creation . If it weren't for the comforting words and the support of the God she would have been akumatized a long time ago .

The ravenette had all the more responsibilities on her being the class president, doing commissions , keeping up with her grades and being ladybug . It was already a handful for her . And to top it off she was now the new guardian of the miraculous . It was tiring to say the least . Taking care of the kwamis and making sure that they're in good health and also uncovering the secrets of the miraculous was difficult . Keeping up with life was difficult .

Marinette knew that under no circumstances a 17 year old should have to deal with all this . She was just a  teenager . Master Fu was also a teenager when he became the guardian.  Yes , Master Fu was a teenager no older than  her but at least Master had some formal training.  Marinette had just begun to train when Miracle queen happened and she was made the guardian . It was more than a month ago .

Letting Master Fu go on the train was one of the hardest things to do . He didn't remember her or anyone for that matter . Everything he had sacrificed for the sake of the miraculous wiped from his memories . Thinking that one day she might be in the same situation scared her. Losing Master had been very difficult for wayzz as well , he showed her he was happy and that he was okay but she knew he wasn't.  He had stayed with Master for almost 180 years . But Marinette knew that the kwamis had met and seen the death of thousands of people and some were very close to them so she left it up to wayzz to handle the situation .

Marinette couldn't get enough sleep after the incidents of miracle queen . She had nightmares almost every night.  Plus she was helping everyone at all times of the day . She was wearing herself out . Doing school assignments , helping out her classmates , being ladybug , doing commissions was getting too much for her to handle  . She pulled multiple all nighters because of this . And this was also the reason she was late.

When Tikki saw the exhaustion on her owner . She managed to make Marinette stop doing commissions and not do any other favors for her friends for the time being and focus on her studies. Doing favors for her friends consisted of her doing  almost all the work , they did help a little but being the leader she was she did most of the things . And then they praised her saying that she was their everyday ladybug . Honestly , it sometimes scared Marinette when they called her their everyday ladybug , she feared that they might find out that what they took be a joke was the reality .

She was scared of anyone ever finding out , the fear that Paris would be doomed if Hawkmoth came to know . She couldn't tell Chat Noir because he'd become Chat Blanc. The one person who often haunted her dreams . Marinette shuddered . Just thinking about it sends shivers down her spine . She didn't know what had happened for Chat Noir to get Akumatized but she knew that she played a small part in it . After all he knew her identity . He looked so distraught and the horror which had crossed her face when she came to know he had been alone for months in that deserted place .

She never told her partner the horrors of that day. She only told him that she went to an alternate timeline which concerned them and ignored the rest of his questions . He looked hurt but stopped prying after she told him that him finding it out could cause the alternate timelines to happen again and this time she wouldn't be able to fix it .

Marinette sighed . Life just wasn't fair to her . She saved her classmates lives almost everyday yet here she was being ostracized from the same group .

" Good morning , children ."

"Good morning , miss Bustier "

"Let's start today's lesson . "

The ravenette snapped out of her thoughts . Looking down at her sketch book she only saw the rough sketch of a trees and a fountain she had managed to draw . Wow , I really got lost in my thoughts, didn't I?
The ravenette sighed .
I can't wait for this school year to be over .

~Time skip brought to you by your one and only LyricIrony19~》

The bell rung signaling the school day to be over . Marinette got up from her seat and picked up her bag . Finally she thought . She started making her way down the stairs .

Marinette came out of the class . She sighed . Nothing is going good in life . She checked the time 2:50pm . The ravenette pulled out her phone to check her schedule.

3:00 to 5:00- studying
5:00- help her parents
7:30-eat dinner
8:15-patrol
8:45-study
11:00-sleep

The ravenette sighed . She had to go and study now . She had taken a break from her commissions for the finals .
Then she had to help her parents

Marinette put her phone in her backpack and went towards her house .

《~5:15pm~》 《In the bakery》

Marinette worked around the counter giving the customers their orders.  Marinette wasn't very good at baking . Sure she made the most basic bakery items like cakes , cookies , cupcakes , bread and souffle.  But she wasn't an expert at it like her parents and someone needed to run the counter while they baked some of the orders which needed two people .

Marinette worked everyday to help out her parents and she was also getting paid for it , what more could she ask for . Everyday at the beginning of the month Marinette would spend her money to buy fabrics for her clothes , she spent her money carefully , being the calculated person she was . She also knew that if she were to ask her parents for more money one more to buy materials they'd outright refuse to help her .

" I think that's enough for today sweetie . I think you should go and rest.  You deserve it . And go and study as well . We have dinner at 7:30 ."
"Okay , mom " Marinette replied taking off her apron and heading upstairs.  Marinette opened the trap door and entered the room . She looked around , so much has happened in the past month .

Her room's decor was a bit different from the last time . It wasn't fully pink anymore rather a mixture of various colors.  Her walls were pink , yes but her furniture was now complimenting the pink room . He bed was covered in lavender sheets and had the signature flowers on it just like Marinette's shirt .
Her chair and desktop were white . Her chaise was still pink though.  You can say her room was less pink now and definitely more herself . It showcased the maturity Marinette had attained while growing up though their were still times when  she acted like a kid . For example when she gets sick . It was nice to not see only pink all day .

Tikki zoomed to Marinette and perched on her shoulder . Marinette saw the board in her room which was once covered in Adriens pictures but now covered with her achedules and designs . Thinking about the blonde boy made Marinette sad . Marinette had slowly let her crush on Adrien go .

Marinette's crush on Adrien was somewhat obsessive. Okay fine not somewhat but a whole another level of obsessive . Marinette sighed . She did many things while trying to pursue Adrien which she wasn't proud of . She had basically stalked him and invaded his privacy . Marinette internally cringed at all the things she did but she was only 15 at that time and after realizing her mistakes she had decided to let go . But it wasn't until recently that the fire she had for him dimmed down . It wasn't completely gone , no but it was still there.

Adrien had told her to take the high road and not expose Lila . It hurt her , keeping quiet . The high road was apparently a lonely road . It reminded her of the time when she wasn't ladybug and had no one to defend her by her side when a bully attacked her . But Marinette couldn't blame Adrien as she knew about his lonely upbringing he hadn't ever had any friends and had just joined school about 2 years ago , so she didn't expect any better . But keeping silent hurt her more than she'd like to admit .

Everyday watching your classmates get manipulated was torturing . She felt an eerie feeling of helplessness surround her everytime she encountered Lila . Adrien knowing about all this didn't help as he had also taken the high road.  Whenever she tried to show him the error in his judgement someone would always cut in and the fact that she had a crush on him and stuttered around him didn't help either .

Though Marinette still liked Adrien but  it wasn't as strong anymore . She wanted to let go of her feelings but feelings just don't dissappear overnight.  She was desperately trying to be just a friend . But her heart still beats a little faster whenever she talks to him . And he is also dating Kagami . The last thing Marinette wanted was to lose her friend . And with her hands now full as the guardian it was no use pining after someone who was already taken .

"A friendship has to be two sided . It can't be just one sided with you doing everything ." Tikki's words echoed through her mind while she knitted . An activity she does which calms her . Tikki had said that when trying to convince her to stop worrying about her friends when they had gracefully thrown her out of their friend group . Marinette had thought about it a lot and had slowly started to see why that statement made so much sense the moment she had heard it . Looking back at everything it made sense . 

Marinette sighed . Life just wouldn't go according to her, would it?

A/N
Word count : 2410( including this )
This is my first story . So please excuse my mistakes .  All the characters don't all actively hate Marinette.  They just don't talk to her often and ignore her most of the times . And alya and Marinette aren't very close anymore , but she doesn't hate her or anything. Lila has created a rift between them and slowly wants to ostracize her . And in no way am I making Adrien the bad guy here . He's too good for this world .

Healthy and constructive criticism is appreciated.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

213K 5.2K 58
Marinette is starting give up on trying to prove to everybody that Lila was lying. until Felix came and he never thought he could find love and he fo...
59.5K 823 23
Lila has finally turned her class against Marinette. Marinette barely has any friends left and doesn't think she can forgive her friends. After an ac...
8.4K 373 38
- • - don't read it. don't do it. i wrote this when i was like 12... five years later, and i now acknowledge how bad it is 😂 - • - Marinette is just...
35.1K 1.1K 14
When Felix comes to Françoise Dupont High School, Marinette is forced to partner with him for their classes. At first, she hates it, but when he offe...