𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐒𝐨 𝐈𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭...

By kirstenenn

Shy, innocent Eliza Rosier accidentally walks into rude and ignorant Draco Malfoy. Draco begins to question w... More

TW/cast
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN (!!!)
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT (!!!)
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR (!!!)
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN

FORTY-ONE

19.8K 627 1K
By kirstenenn

    ༛༺༻༛      
Spotify playlist linked in bio
༛༛        ༛༺༻༛        ༛༛

E L I Z A

Noah stood in front of me. His face was concealed in darkness from the cloak he wore, its hood hanging low atop his head. A devilish smirk tugged at his lips, revealing his white teeth. He stepped in, his boot flashing out from the long cloak.

Instinctively, I backed into the bathroom, almost stumbling when my side hit the sink. I reached for my wand which was concealed in the pockets of the dress. The good thing about Malkin's dresses is that they always had a slim pocket for a wand.

"Hello, little which," he snarled with a sinister smile, "I've been watching you all evening, hoping you'd hurry up and leave so i could catch you alone—"

My lip shook as I raised my wand, pointing it at him, "what do you want?" I stammered. Gripping the sink behind me. My legs were shaking and I felt like falling to the floor and cowering in the corner. His face was one filled with danger.

He closed the door behind him and locked it. I could scream. I should scream for help.

Another step forward, "I just want to talk."

I furrowed my brows and tried to keep my hand still and as strong as possible but it wouldn't stop shaking. Still, I aimed my wand at him and I hoped I'd be ready when he attacked.

"I don't want to talk to you," I muttered, eyes welling with tears, "why are you doing this? Why me? I don't understand."

Something flashed across his eyes, a raw emotion, something unfamiliar, something that made him look like somebody else completely.

He blinked and shook his head like I was an innocent child in distress, "Oh, my sweet Eliza. You are the key to all of this. Soon I will tell you everything," he said and then added, "unless you figure it out on your own."

Maybe I was being delusional but it almost seemed like he was giving me a hint. Warning me somehow. I could figure it out on my own, my father seemed to know a lot about the Avarias' so maybe I was right, maybe he does have all the answers.

The bit I don't understand is why I am involved with this all-mighty powerful wizard family which everyone seems to despise. There's more to this. More history than anyone is telling me.

"What do you know about the Avarias family?" he asked, with a little tilt of his head.

The memory of my father's and I's conversation appeared in my head, he had mentioned that family and instead, I hope that my brain is lying to me, I hope he isn't one of them.

"You're one of them," I rushed out, "aren't you?"

He grinned and I attempted to back further into the sink.

"Don't look so frightened, little witch," he snarled, "I'm not going to hurt you," he said but then seemed to process his words and said, "Not right now at least."

"What?" I whispered, fear had taken over my entire soul now and I raised my wand higher.

"Get that silly thing out of my face." He hit my wand out of my shaky hand and I watched it clatter against the tile floor. Then, before I could do anything else, just as I looked back up at him he stepped forward, and roughly gripped my throat.

Breathing became difficult and I gripped his wrist with all my strength, but his grip never faltered.

"Sorry about this," he spun me around, my back colliding against his hard chest, "but Daddy's orders."

I let out a yelp and couldn't keep the tears locked away any more. I was scared. He tugged me forward as he walked to the door. I was so fucking scared. But then, suddenly, he stopped and I felt his other hand on my chest and gently, so oddly, gently picked up the necklace that hung around my neck, his fingers caressing the small pendant.

"What's this?" he asked.

My eyes were squeezed shut and a tear slipped out, "A—A gift. . . from Draco," the fear slid down my cheek as the memory of that morning Draco gave it to me returned to me. I wanted to feel safe and happy again. I silently pleaded that he wouldn't rip the necklace from my neck and destroy it.

His grip loosened slightly around my neck and his large hand, which almost circled my entire neck, was strong in his hold but I could breathe now. His thumb rubbed the side of my neck for a moment as he let go of the necklace. For some strange reason, I felt safe at that moment, the fear had gone away and I almost wanted to collapse into his oddly gentle touch.

My heart was pounding in a solid heavy beat.

Noah turned his head, his breath whispering against my ear, "I truly am sorry for what's about to happen. Just know, you will be fine."

He opened the door and held me against his chest, hand still around my neck as we walked toward the ballroom. I could still hear the slow, peaceful tune of the piano and violin and the murmur of conversations.

I tried not to think about what was about to happen. I just wanted it all to be over.

"What are you going to do?" I asked, voice quiet.

He took a moment to respond, "This ball is about to become a hundred times more interesting."

We walked past the doors leading into the ballroom and instead walked up a set of stairs, which then led to a balcony. We stood back, I couldn't see over the ledge from here but could see the beautiful grand chandelier hanging above the ballroom.

"Just before we make ourselves present, I want to give you some information," he said. I could feel the depth of his voice in his chest vibrating against my back, "I'm not supposed to but I need to justify what I'm about to do, little witch. I may be the one holding the knife but I'm not the one wielding it."

A few rapid heartbeats passed and he continued, "The men in this room, their ancestors murdered thirty-four innocent people. Including women and children. Babies," my stomach tightened, "these men," he said, disgust all over his voice, "they still support the ideas of their ancestors. You think I am the enemy, right? But you have been living with the real enemy."

"What I'm about to do," he began, "is justice for the innocent lives slaughtered by the blades of these pure-blood bastards."

I felt sick and truly felt remorse (if he was telling the truth).

"I'm sorry," I whispered, another tear slipped out of my eye. I didn't want any of this.

"You should be," Noah said, his grip becoming harsh once again, "it was your great-grandfather who organized it."

Noah stepped forward until we could see the entire ballroom, with each step and the more joyous dancing bodies came into view, the more fear I felt. I shook my head in his hold, tears spilling out my eyes, and his rough grip only intensified.

At first, nobody even batted an eye, the music was far too loud and the dim light would make us hard to see. A part of me wanted to scream for help but before I got the chance, Noah moved his hand from my neck and to my mouth.

I saw my parents talking with Lucius and Narcissa still but Draco was now gone. People still danced on the dance floor and yet no one looked our way. I then saw Draco talking with Blaise and Theo. My heart burned when I saw Daphne and Pansy laughing together. I wanted to be with them, enjoying my evening. I didn't even get the chance to say hello to any of them tonight.

I could feel Noah looking down at them all and I could feel his skin become hot with rage. I understood why he would hate all these people, I did. I truly did.

Noah cleared his throat.

No one looked up.

"How rude," Noah sighed, "we're being ignored."

I breathed in a heavy breath, waiting for the chaos to erupt. And it did when a gust of wind overtook the room, all the lights exploded and the chandelier detached from the ceiling and crashed against the floor.

Screams echoed in my ears and with blurry eyes, I saw a few people attempt to leave but whatever Noah's spell was, it had locked the doors as well.

He just did that with his mind.

"That's better" he whispered in my ear.

My breathing was heavy now and fear had become an overwhelming feeling again. He just did that with his mind. How is that possible?

"Now that I have your attention," Noah announced to the room of terrified and angered purebloods. Eyes began turning up to us and my legs felt weak. I heard a cry and knew it was my mother's, I looked down and could just about see my father holding her back by her arm. She was crying and had her hand over her mouth. My father had a seething face of rage.

Pansy and Daphne looked terrified as their watery eyes looked up at me. Theo and Blaise looked both angered and terribly confused. And Draco, my heartbeat froze inside my chest. Theo held his arm harshly and he looked up at Noah holding me in such a rough grip with his hand covering my mouth. I imagined I looked just as scared as I felt.

Draco looked like he was going to kill someone. He looked like he wanted to scream and shout until his voice was lost. He looked worried. Scared. Draco looked like he was going to destroy the world with his bare hands.

Please don't do anything stupid. I begged him, please don't make this worse. Please don't get yourself hurt.

A few pure-blood men stepped forward, including Lucius and my father. I looked back at my mother and saw her on the floor and Narcissa coached down beside her, holding her.

"Who are you?" one of the men shouted.

I felt Noah's hand brush the back of my leg and swear I felt something sharp, like a blade. Fear eradicated me. I may be the one holding the blade but I am not the one wielding it.

"I have come on behalf of my father," Noah announced to the hall, his voice echoing, "he has a message for you all."

"Who are you?" Lucius yelled up at Noah. Face full of wicked wrath.

"Noah Avarias," Noah said simply, finding this all highly amusing.

"If you harm my daughter I will kill you," my father said in a calm voice but the strength in his words and the guarantee that came with them, was terrifying and detrimental.

Noah ignored them, and his grip on my mouth loosened slightly and the room began rumbling like thunder was trying to break free from the ground, "Begin counting your days because they are numbered. We are done hiding."

"Sorry, little witch," Noah whispered in my ear, "this is going to hurt."

Something sharp was forced  into my lower back. The blade. Agonizing pain blinded me as Noah stabbed me in the back, forcing the blade in slowly and precise. It went all the way through and out of my stomach. I gasped and then it turned into a cry of pain. Warm blood gushed out of my stomach and back.

Then he pulled it out as fast as anything and I felt his grip on me disappear. A snap of air erupted from behind me as Noah apparated away. I fell to the floor immediately, unable to stand.

My vision blurred quickly, and the pain blinded me. I could hear a silent echo of yelling but I could no longer see the ballroom. I was alone on this balcony and I was bleeding out. I was dying. I don't want to die but something peaceful came over me when the thought of not having to fight any more flawed in my head.

A pool of my own blood formed around me and there was nothing I could do but lie in it.

I stared up at the beautifully detailed ceiling as unconsciousness found me, clasped my hand and delicately, despite the agony, took me away and allowed me to embrace the peace that came with it.

"You will be fine," Noah had lied to me.

--------------------------------------------------------
Copyright © Kirsten Enn

Insta & TikTok @ kirsten.enn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

588K 6.9K 68
Draco Malfoy love story. Friendship, smut, love, hate, trauma, broken hearts. MATURE CONTENT! 15+ ~ "You make me feel like I'm stuck, Emelia! Like I'...
23.1K 589 36
☆ second story in the sequel ☆ • go read "Blood to Love | 3rd year" if you haven't! ✰☽♡𑁍✯☼ He cursed under his breath. "I don't know what to do!" "...
124K 5K 22
Draco Malfoy is a womaniser. He never cares for the girls that he messes around - doesn't blink an eye when they confess their love for him, never fl...
469 7 14
"Come on Draco! It's fun!" The young Smithstone exclaimed as she was running around in the pouring rain like a child, Malfoy chuckled at the scene as...