«We'll Call It Wangxian»

By Nico-00

Fake tears were shed, a fake funeral was orchestrated. Fake investigations were organised, a fake name was gi... More

Introduction
"she won't do anything"
"messed up big time or not that bad?"
It's the most wonderful time of the year!
"I love you~"
"To the world wei wuxian, is dead"
"Does lan gege like me?"
"He is all I have"
"Marry me"
"Mo xuanyu or wei wuxian?"
"overdramatic much"
"Stop kidding"
"I'm sorry"
"Let's Play a game"
"Do you have a death wish?"
"I'm about to cut a bitch."
"Don't you sign some papers and fuc-!"
"It's Better to hide him away than watching him die"
"what the fuck!"
"smile"
"Come on, smile for mama."
"He's coming after you"
"I would rise back from the dead to have one last dance with you."
"It's not like you tried to kill me or anything."
"But, master!"
"Why is master so grumpy?"
"Lies"
"she's coming for me."
"A place far away from here. Just you and I."
"Disappointing"
"Shameless"
"you think you can escape?"
"You don't believe me? "
"You have a driver's license don't you? I don't wanna die.... yet"
"I used red when I was nine. It was the best feeling ever."
"It's not a coping mechanism. He is just sick to his mind."
"she was there the entire time."
"Burn in hell."
"death doesn't decide your fate, I do."
"In the end, is it always fine?"
EXTRA: ONE

"I do."

1.8K 166 44
By Nico-00

Lan wangji had a beautiful dream. He won't lie it was one of the most beautiful dreams he had ever had. His beloved walked towards him as his uncles walked him through the alter, he almost cried from the beauty of that day. An aisle decorated with chrysanthemum and tiger lilies. Guests who were dressed in an eccentric way just how his overdramatic husband wanted it to be. And two rabbits, one white and one black in a tiny basket with a ring on the velveteen cushion which they laid on.

That was until this beautiful day turned into a nightmare.

"I do." , Wei Ying whispered into his ears, his face so bright that even the sun might bow down to him in shame. His plump, red lips cracked into a smile which made his heart melt Within in no time.

His beloved, wei ying, was dressed in a white suit with golden patterns adorning his back. And, he himself was dressed in a black suit with similar patterns.

Lan wangji didn't like it normal no more. He pulled his husband closer to his chest and wrapped his hands around his waist. With a smile on his face, he pressed his lips against his husband's.

Cheers were throughout the small destination where he had planned to get married not long ago.

"I do.",

Lan Zhan swore he just closed his eyes for a second. He did not realise when it a came crashing down.

' To live is to, let go of your earthly tether, enter the void empty, become wind.'

A gravestone. Lan wangji stood in front of a gravestone with his beloved's name engraved in it. He stood in front of it completely disheveled, the exact same attire he wore on the day of their wedding.

The bouquet on his hand with chrysanthemum adorning it fell down on the ground when the words left his own lips.

"I do."

So did a lone tear.

Lan wangji woke with a gasp leaving his lips and a stinging pain originating from his left hand. He looked at his hand and realised that wei ying was digging his nails into his left hand desperately as he looked at the ceiling in horror.

"I'm here.", Lan Zhan whispered slowly undid wei ying's finger around his wrist. Taking a look at his bloodied wrist lan zhan at this point wasn't fazed at the sight of blood on his wrist, Wei Ying tends to hold onto someone's hands when he is having a nightmare.

"Please", wei ying whimpered, his tone brittle and hoarse meaning he was having this nightmare for a while.

"It's fine. I'm here.", Lan Zhan coaxed and pulled wei ying's body on top of his chest. The whimpers and the pleads did not stop as a minute passed by. At this point his shirt was getting wet from the tears wei ying shed.

"I'm here love. She won't do anything.", Lan wangji whispered his voice Slightly hoarse from earlier. He ruffled his partners long hair and pressed his head closer to his crook at an attempt to calm him down.

Wei Ying started trembling in his hold. His back shook wildly when the calloused hands rested on it like it usually does. Lan Zhan rested his hands on wei ying's lean back and picked him up in his arms with a slight pained hiss when the wound on his wrist burned when wei ying's warm skin came in contact with his wrist.

Lan wangji almost forgot that he was staying with his uncle for a few weeks. He had planned to move from the penthouse and find a better and a safer place for wei ying preferably somewhere far, but, lan wangji couldn't possibly take a decision before asking wei ying.

But, after what happened in that house. Lan wangji couldn't possibly think of living with wei ying there even though they have so many memories there.

"Don't look.", Lan Zhan kept his one hand over wei ying's eyes and another under his waist as he walked through the throng of staircases which led to the lounge where, Lan wangji could spend the rest of the night with wei ying.

The older man looked as if he had slept on a roll of hay the whole time. His hair was completely messed up to the point where one could see his forehead ribbon slightly peeking out. And, right hand had wei ying's red ribbon tied around it.

"I'm here,I'm here, It's fine.", Lan wangji coaxed his fiance like a child and sat down on the couch rested his head over the headrest and closed his eyes when wei ying's cries died down.

The lounge area was usually dimly lit, but, Lan wangji at the moment preferred it to be completely dark as wei ying's nightmares started once again. It was comfortable and minimalistic at the same time, exactly what the Lan's preferred.

It wasn't until six of the morning when Lan wangji was woken up by his uncle who looked concerned for some reason. He cracked his eyes open and looked at his uncle who sat on the couch nearby, he had a cup of tea in his hand and a book which he was probably reading nowadays.

"When did you return?", He asked not batting an eye at his nephew who looked as if he had been run over by a car. Lan wangji looked at wei ying who was sound asleep with his head on his lap, he removed his hands off wei ying's eyes and closed his eyes once again.

"Three In the morning.", He groggily replied back to his uncle who was now looking out of the window which was wide open. The vast greenery and the fresh breeze alerting lan wangji that it was past the time he usually wakes.

He wasn't lying when he said that he returned back at three in the morning. After finishing all the work he had in Llahsa he had to go back to Chengdu when something had caught up in that place.

Wanting to return as soon as possible when his insufferable partner's had started getting under his skin, lan wangji had caught the first flight back home to his wei ying, who to his disappointment was sound asleep with what seemed like a rabbit on his chest.

"He got a rabbit some how. It isn't vaccinated.", Lan qiren murmured under his breath ans continued to read his book.

Meanwhile, Lan wangji finally realised that it wasn't just him who wanted the rabbit vaccinated. Being, like this just ran in the Lan household for a long time.

Being paranoid about rabbits is just a trait!

"I will get it vaccinated.", Lan Zhan groggily whispered still wanting some minutes of sleep. He hadn't slept in two days for the love of god! Just when he got back home to have the greatest moments of his life, his nightowl of a fiance was sound asleep!

To top that off, he needed to get a rabbit vaccinated before wei ying gets infected. Wei Ying getting infected by the simplest things after he got diagnosed with leukaemia. Animals were definitely a given.

"He had a nightmare once again?",

Lan qiren asked taking a look at wei ying whose head was rested on his nephew's lap and his whole body sprawled across the pristine white couch. With his mouth Slightly open and hair left open, wei wuxian looked like a monk who had given up looking for the purposes of life.

"Mn.", Lan Zhan hummed within just a few seconds when the memories of what happened a few hours ago came back. Talking about nightmares, Lan wangji's nightmare yesterday night suddenly made him feel the urge to not get married at all.

All these months he had been planning the perfect wedding. But, one nightmare had changed it all within just seconds.

"Stop screaming. I will beat the life out of everyone.", Wei Ying warned in his sleep and curled closer to Lan zhan's chest still very much sleepy.

' should have known better then to tick him off.' , Lan qiren thought getting off the couch. He walked away taking a small strides towards the kitchen.

Lan Zhan looked down at his chest and realised that wei ying was still sound asleep peacefully. He couldn't help but think how his beloved married to look so alluring even in his sleep. The little puffs of air that left his mouth, his silvery orbs opening every now and then in his deep sleep without him knowing about it. And, even his hair Which was left open.

All of this screamed adorable!

How lively his beloved was, how oblivious he was. Even now sacrificing he was, made Lan wangji love him just a little more.

A life with wei wuxian, in a secluded place in any corner of the world. Where nobody can find them, just him and wei ying. Leading a domestic life like any other people, where they don't have to worry about money and statuses. A place where he doesn't needs to worry about his beloveds identity being revealed.

Even though Lan wangji knew that it wasn't possible, he had wanted it all. He had wanted everything he had framed of, even though it was a guilty temptation.

Wei Ying was the one who he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. A part of him craved to see himself in a black suit and his beloved in white with flowers in his hands.

Nightmare or not. Lan wangji really did want to get married to his soulmate.

Meanwhile,

"His name is Mo xuanyu. He turned Twenty three, three months ago. Ambidextrous, wears a glove on his right hand."

The man clad in sleek black suit spoke as he watched his master throw wooden logs into the fire place. Gu Ming looked at him with furrowed brows and nodded waving his hand asking him to continue.

"Mo xuanyu is the second cousin of the Jin's. Is presumed to be betrothed to someone. A talented artist, is still in university but never goes since he spends most of his time in his studio in, Beijing, which he is planning on opening next year."

"He is often unapproachable."

The butler concluded and set the iPad down on the table.

"I never knew that the Jin's had a precious relative who liked to be hidden away.", Gu Ming said with a smug look on his face.

"Let's visit our favourite Jin cousin now!", He annouced leaving the room with his car keys.

Extra,

How was a three year old supposed to know what death was, or how it worked. Just yesterday the boy belived that he was going to meet his parents, but, today, Wei Ying didn't understand why he stood in front of two rocks with something scribbled over it.

"What happen?", He innocently looked at his uncle's and aunts who dreaded this moment more then anything. Yu Ziyuan Slightly bent down on the ground to tell Wei Ying what was happening.

The three year old did not move away from his aunt he just held onto Lan zhan's hands tightly.

"Where mama baba?", He asked turning around to look at his oldest uncle. Lan qiren was slightly taken aback when wei ying looked at him of all the people he could have chosen, wei ying chose to ask him.

How was he supposed to tell a child that his parents were never coming back? Death was inevitable and Lan qiren could not change the past. The boy had gone through enough pain, why must he go through this now.

"There.", Lan Zhan pointed at the two tombstones in front of them. Lan wangji was a year and a half older then wei ying but, for his age he knew a little too much.

Wei Ying seeme to be slight taken aback and scared when his playmate showed him the tombstones.

"Why?", Wei Ying asked, his lips slightly wobbled when he didn't understand anything about his surroundings.

All he knew that he was supposed to be meeting his parents today. Yes, he had seen them dying in front of his eyes, but, how was wei ying supposed to know that they were never coming back.

"Hwurt?", His lisp made it difficult for him to ask if his parents were hurt. Lan Zhan looked at his little rabbit and froze, he did not know how to answer that and he couldn't possibly watch his little rabbit cry.

How was a three year old supposed to know that death didn't discriminate from sinners and saints.

It always took what it wanted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 7.5K 26
What happen if Wei Wuxian drop his fake personality when Yu Ziyuan try to whip him with Zidian? He use his fast speed and went to slashed Wen Chao w...
51.6K 3.9K 65
Lan Wangji, second young master of Gusu clan who considered as a cold person, carries a secret about his identity and a past , which come once again...
39.9K 2.9K 12
If you think living with Lan Wang Ji must be easy just because of his quiet personality, let me tell you that you are heavily mistaken! Wei Wuxian w...
28.9K 1.6K 18
Lan Wangji is crazy for Wei Wuxian. When he saw him first from that time he fell for him. He also confess his feelings to Wei Wuxian but Wei Wuxian n...