Love The Hurt Away

Oleh LourDarden

After two years from when Dessiah and her daughter Delaney were thrown out of her home in the rain by her tri... Lebih Banyak

Love The Hurt Away
When Opportunity knocks
Crossroads (Let Go Let God)
To Follow A Dream or Not To Follow A Dream?
Late Nights, Last Night (Part 1)
Temporary Goodbyes (Part 2)
Hello,Tokyo (Part 3)
Take My Breath Away (Part4)
So.....Who you with?
More Than A Conquer
Scattered Ideas
Game Changer
If Only You Knew
Are You Paris?
Paris
Get It Together (Late Night Dinners)
Breaking Point
Sights
Live Your Truth
Double Team
Are You Awake
Here With You
Protected By Him
Go Back
Fatal Warnings (Part 1)
Go Hard Or Go Home
Whose Up
"Lord Keep Me Near The Cross"
Dessiah POV
Party Pooper
Set The Record Straight
Help!
I love you
Too Much Too Soon (Official Chapter)
Cherry Blossoms (Official Chapter)
His Quality Time (Official Chapter)
The Date Is Set(HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT)
To Tell him or not to tell is the question (Official Chapter Part 2)
problem
Fix It Jesus! (Official Chapter Part 2)
One Man, Several Problems (Official Chapter"
"I cant Believe I'm Here" (Official Chapter)
Did You
Paris Dreams (official Chapter part 2)
Until You Come Back to me Decision
Final Product
HONEY HERES AN UPDATE
DID YOU?
Official Chapter "Altered Plans"
Official Chapter "Unknown Messenger"
Worth More
Farther Along The Journey (Chapter)
Did you?
NOLA Baby (part1)
No Harm No Known Foul
Big Easy Ain't So Easy
The Big Payback
One Loss, One Unexpected Surprise(Chapter)
Be Careful What You Pray For
Everything Comes To The Light
FOR YOU
Do You Still Love Her?
In Search Of His Heart
Don't Let Me Down
Have You Seen Her
Visitors
Giving Up
Breaking, Broken, Risen
Give Me Whats Mine (Official Chapter) pt 1
"Past Demons Resurrected" Part 2
For My Love
Hanging On For Love (Official Chapter)
coming
Shots Fired (Official Chapter)
Twenty-Fucking-Nine
Epilogue(Official Chapter)
Get YOUR COPY
New Story coming

Falling

11.4K 543 121
Oleh LourDarden

*Paris In Pic*

*Bobby Cannivale in pic*

Walking down the hall Detrick felt his heart beating 70 miles per minute. He stopped walking for just a moment to pace himself or he would have passed out. Never had he been so nervous in his entire life, but he knew that it was the right thing to do. Making it to the door he sighed inwardly and knocked on the door. He didn't hear any movement so he knocked again and waited. Sill nothing. Detrick turned to walk away and the door opened.

"Yes." She said softly. Turning around he faced Dessiah and it was as if his breath caught in his throat. Dressed in Tweety bird pajamas top and matching pants. Her hair was disheveled and face a bit swollen as if she had been crying or just woke up. Dessiah couldn't have looked anymore beautiful in his eyes. Seeing her in her natural state made him not want to see her any other way.

Staring silently he searched his thoughts for words to say since he practiced aloud the entire ride over.

"Hi." All that came to mind was a two-letter word.

"Hi." She responded. Wondering if he came personally to fire her. All that she had said came rushing back and yet there was a small amount of regret. Dessiah had come to peace with knowing that if she lost her job at least it was because she stood up for what was right. Her respect. "Can I help you with something?" She asked passing her hands through her hair uncomfortable under his stare.

"Umm... yea... I came to Umm. I came to... No one has ever talked to me the way you did today."

"About that I-"Dessiah tried to speak on her behalf but Detrick held up his hand to silence her.

"I was wrong Dessiah and I came here to apologize. I'm sorry for the things I've said to you and the way I treated you. If you want to quit I understand but I just needed to let you know that I was wrong. You're not useless, in fact you're the best employee I've ever worked with, well other than Paris. Haha." He chuckled. Dessiah's eyes widened at his apology. In no way had she expected this from him.

"I just wanted to say that so I'll let you get back to bed. I hope to see you at work tomorrow." Detrick turned to walk away and then came to a halt at the sound of Dessiah calling his name.

"Detrick. Thanks." He looked at her and faintly smiled over his shoulder. Dessiah went back into her room closing the door behind her. "Thank you Jesus for answering my prayers. I thought it was over. Maybe it's a new beginning."

///////////////////////////////////////////////

A new week and new start for them all. Things moved swiftly and on schedule as could be expected for Aiko Electronics. Dessiah was beyond excited since Lisa and Delaney would be arriving tomorrow. She stayed up late last night preparing for their stay. Dessiah left work early and was now in the supermarket looking for last minute things she needed for them to have. Her cell phone rang in her pocket.

"Hello."

"Hey Dessiah its Paris."

"Hey Paris is do you need me back at the office?" Dessiah asked reaching for Celery.

"Oh no we don't need you back today but I do need something from you." Paris spoke on her headset moving around her desk in between her cabinet and Detrick's office.

"What do you need?"

"Well my Honey bunny is coming into town from the base and we were going to dinner tonight and I would love for you to meet him."

"Oh that would be nice but I think you guys should have that time to yourselves. I don't want to impose and be a third wheel."

"No you won't be the third wheel because he's bringing his Sargent." Paris hoped Dessiah would just show up and be surprised but that idea went out the window.

"What? No Paris, I don't feel like going on a date."

"It's not a date it's a group of adults going to have dinner. Besides I really want you to meet my baby Alec. Come on please, for me?" Dessiah knew she would regret it but fine what the hell. It was just going to be her Bridgette Jones and Take out tonight anyway.

"Fine Paris but I can't stay long tonight. I still have to come home and have everything ready for my daughter."

"Deal it won't be long. Just meet us at the restaurant on the corner of your Hotel called Shishaw at 8 o'clock."

"Okay see you then." Dessiah hung up thinking she definitely made a mistake she decided to hurry home and find something to wear for tonight.

/////////////////////////////////////////////

Hours later and Dessiah was still struggling with what to wear. She had taken time to flat iron her hair only to sweat it out while putting on a new pair of spanx. Fed up and running 30 minutes late she settled on a messy high bun with a floral sundress and wedge heels. Her accessories were simple like gold hoop ear rings and a small gold name plate"Dessiah"

Dessiah walked into the restaurant nervous and frustrated between her hair and being late she hoped this night would get better. The restaurant was absolutely beautiful with a waterfall The Hostess approached her and she gave Paris name then she was led to their table in the middle of the room. A chandelier hung above them with lights that were shped like white candles. The walls were cherry wood with black and gold carpet. The tables were topped with white cloths and wine glasses. Dessiah spotted Paris in the middle of the room with her guests. She looked stunning in a crème fur shouldered blouse and black fitted leather pants with red stiletto heels. Dessiah felt under- dressed. They all stood to greet Dessiah.

"Hi Dessiah, honey you look amazing." Paris hugged her.

"Thank you. You look great. I'm so sorry I'm late."

"Its okay we were having few drinks. Let me introduce you to everybody. This is the love of my life Alec and his sergeant Bobby Cannivale."

"Hello." They both shook her hand and she silently thank God thinking if this night would be as good as Bobby looked it would be a major improvement. He was 6'2 dark hair, fair skin, and a deep rugged voice that told you he was from either New York or New Jersey. Bobby was Italian from New Jersey as Dessiah had suspected. A forty-four year old divorce', with no kids, with a love for life and desire for adventure. He would be the perfect Eharmony profile. As the night proceeded he said less and less but it didn't bother Dessiah because he seemed like a great listener and extremely interested in what Dessiah had to say or thought about anything. He was intrigued by her and found her extremely sexy Paris felt like she did great and could definitely make a business out of match making. Millionaire matchmaker Patti had nothing on her.

"Man I really miss home." Alec said.

"Me too man. What I would do for a good football game." Bobby agreed.

"I miss the food more than anything. I went to the grocery store and it was culture shock. What I would do for a good pizza."

"Oh tell me about it, ever since I've been here I have saki coming out of my ears. Haha." They all laughed.

"So Paris tells me your originally for Nola." Alec mentioned.

"Yes my family is fresh out the swamp ahaha."

"Wow it's so much culture there." Bobby said.

"Yea there is and the food is amazing too. As you can sense I'm hungry." Right on time the waiter came over and they each placed their orders. Over dinner there were tons of laughs shared between them all. Soon it was time for desert and they all were less than pleased with the selection.

"Ugh, this is grosse there's no taste and its crummy. Baby you could have done this way better." Alec said picking apart the raspberry pastry.

"I know baby."

"You bake Paris?" Dessiah asked.

"Yea. My specialty is pastries that's what I learned going to Le Gordon Blu."

"I didn't know that."

"Yea that's how I won Alec's heart." She leaned over kissing his cheek.

"That's not true! You won my heart when you first said thank you in the supermarket the day we met."

"Why when she said thank you?" Dessiah asked.

"Because it was the moment she looked into my eyes and I saw who I didn't want to be. Which was anyway where she wasn't in my life was not a life I could go back to living. Sometimes you meet someone and you thought you were okay before you met them. You know everything was in control, your control. Then you meet that person and although before them it seemed like everything had a flow. Your blood flowed, you were breathing but you weren't living just merely existing. Then they come along and nothing makes sense. Nothing goes as planned. Nothing feels right until they walk in the room or you hear their voice. Paris doesn't even have to say anything but we know she will Hahaa, but when she just sits still and does nothing but breathe makes my world alright. "

"Awe Baby I can breathe for you right now if you want." Paris started blowing in his direction making him laugh. They shared a kiss forgetting those around them. Bobby and Dessiah glanced at one another and faintly smiled. Dessiah found it odd that all the things Alec spoke of only one person came to mind. Detrick. Why would he be the vision in her mind when in reality he was a complete jerk. She chose not to pay it any attention and just enjoy Bobby's company. He was good looking and friendly but she wouldn't entertain the thought of a relationship. Just enjoy the moment.

"You guys are adorable."

"Thank you."

"So Alec Paris tells me you're from Paris originally." Dessiah said sipping her water. She became distracted when she saw a man walk past their table. Was that Detrick? He was built like him and even walked like him. Her breath caught in her throat once she got a glimpse of his face she calmed. She hadn't expected for her body to react that way to the idea of seeing him or the disappointment she felt once realizing it wasn't him.

"Yes my family is still there now."

"Have you ever been Dessiah?" Bobby asked.

"No I've never been but I would love to go."

"Maybe one day we will." Dessiah smiled faintly thinking he was getting ahead of himself. 'We? Negro please!" She thought to herself.

"Paris if you have a degree in culinary arts how did you end up at Simmons & Son?"

"I needed a job when my mom got sick and then I got comfortable. Its always been my dream to have my own bakery in Paris, but I doubt that will ever happen. I'll be happy with just a visit there. Were supposed to go when his tour is up to visit his parents next month. At least before he extends his time in the Marines and renews his contract."

"That sounds lovely." They continued the night learning about one another and Bobby became more comfortable and open as the time followed. He actually turned out to be a funny guy and true gentlemen. He walked her home and they made small talk to her elevator. Leaving her there he said goodbye and expressed his hope to meet again. Going upstairs she prepared a bath and excitement took over. Her baby Delaney would be in her arms in just a few hours. She had made a point to send the money clip ahead of time since she knew Delaney wouldn't have stepped foot on the plane without it. According to Delaney it brought miracles forth but all that happened with it in Dessiahs possession was misery. Maybe it only worked for Delaney.

//////////////////////

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY. I WASNT TOOFOND OF TH IS CHAPTER BUT ITS A FILLER CHAPTER BECAUSE THE NEXT CHAPTERS ARE GONNA TURN UP.D IYOUD LIKE I T? DANG WHAT DOES DESSIAH HAVET HATMAKES THESE MEN GO CRAZY? HOPEFULLY I CAN HAVE THAT CHAPTER UP SOON. IS DESSIAH FALLING? WERE U SHOCKED THAT DETRICK SHOWED UP? PLEASE VOTED ONT FORGET AND COMMENT

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

613K 28.4K 31
"With him it wasn't about the material shit, or the money. He captured my heart with his..." Growing up in the care of her grandmother because her mo...
621 114 50
She wanted to be alive as a free spirit. She wanted to laugh and love but what happens when your life doesn't want these things from you?? There is d...
270 48 29
MUNDANE: Isabetha Hernandez-Steel's life is just that; mundane. Working hard in a job that she loathes but she is married to her one, true love; Ste...
120 43 13
Naomi West fled her wedding to the most feared billionaire of the state. Five years later, she has to come back home for work. But things take a diff...