The Worst Journey Of High Sch...

Par Queenart13

Holly, the daughter of one of the greatest and richest worldwide scientists, enters an educational institutio... Plus

The First Impression
The Empty Parking Space.
The Name: Jayson or Jay?
The Work From Home
The Worms
The Counter Guy
The Warning
The Red Glasses
The Detention
The Upside down Smile.
The Author's Note.
The Upside Down Smile: Part 2
The Blame
The Text
The Solution
The Apology
The Danger
The Unfair Fight
The Death
The Club
The Foreign Mei
The War of Colours
The Twins
The Author's Note
The Permission
The Party Fiasco
The First Contact
The Sister
The Save
The Trash Talker
The Refusal
The Deal
The Author's Note.
🗨️Characters 💬
The Blackmail
The Sleepover...And More
The Truth
The Queen Bee
The Lesson

The Betrayal

15 2 0
Par Queenart13

Friday 7:00pm
I forgot to wash my jeans, shorts or even trousers in the washing machine.
Meaning, I had to wear a gown...A GOWN!!!
Even when I fussed and complained about wearing a gown to the Award Ceremony instead of pulling up in a fancy pants and cute baggy top to mom, she strongly disagreed. She reminded me that the world didn't 'revolve' around me.
That shut me up.

For once in Sam's life, since her highschool prom, she actually looked like a damsel and not a retired woman in her 40's (without the wrinkles)
She stood in front of the huge mirror next to the elevator in the living room, in a bright green long dinner dress, her hair coiled at the trims, as she carefully wore her diamond earrings, a ruby ring on her finger.

I don't remember her owning that before.

My mom took the honors of giving my dad a haircut. She did a good job because she had turned my dad from a tired, scientific hippie, lumberjack (without the beard) into a young handsome (yet nerdy) rich man.

I wasn't surprised as mom knew how to do many things: do a haircut, bake, fix a car, run a shop, make shoes, make clothes, architecture, nursing and many more.
Mom once told me she had worked 5 jobs when she was younger because her parents were very poor and as the oldest of 3 children had to provide for her family when her parents passed away.

I confirmed this from Grandpa and Grandma (from dad's side) who said that that was one of the many reasons they supported dad's marriage to my mom, despite friends and relatives telling them that the status was simply not the same.
My Grandparents couldn't give a hoot about thier opinions.

And hey! We're doing really good as a family!
Besides mom and dad's meet up story is really bizarre. But that's a story for another day.

Anyways, minutes later after being grumpy, I found myself adoring my reflection in the mirror while wearing the dark green gown, with short sleeves with a V-neck, straightening it even if there weren't any rumples. I had packed my hair into an elegant bun decorated with flowers as an accessory.
it wasn't THAT bad.

I couldn't wear heels because I didn't want my feet aching when I came back, so I settled for black court shoes.

I went to my room to get my backpack and took the elevator again to the reception downstairs.

I waved at Mandy our receptionist who was packing her things behind the counter. She was to leave for the day when we come back from the ceremony.
I was out at the huge front lawn and went to the limo, our transportation to the ceremony and put my backpack into the boot.
"Woah dad, you look stunning!" I said when I returned back into the living room.

Mom brushed her hair in front of the mirror this time while Sam used her compact.
Dad buttoned his suit, same color as mine and gave me a handsome smile.
"Thank you dear. You look beautiful and Sam as well." He said.

Sam glanced at us with a smile and got back to applying powder on her face.

"They got it from the best." My mom said as she came and took dad's arm in hers. Dad smirked at her.

"Oh I know.."
They chuckled darkly while looking deep into each other's eyes. I knew if I stayed there, they might start kissing or something.

••••••••••••••••

Friday 7:29pm
My phone rang.
It was Nicki. Either she was calling because our wifi just got finished or she realized I wasn't at the party.
Carol called shortly after. So they knew I wasn't there. I didn't want to answer the calls and start answering questions that could lead to disappointments so I ignored them.
"

Mom, it's 7:38pm, we're gonna be late" I said.

"Oh that's silly honey. That's still too early." She said as she tightened my dad's tie.

I sighed as I sat on the dining chair. Sam gave dad his speech to memorize-again, if he won.
A few minutes later and we were off to the Science Award Ceremony.

••••••••••••••••••••

Friday 8:34pm
After the MC (Master of Ceremonies) finished cracking jokes, talking about other historical scientist's works and lives and many flashes of camera lights in my eyes, he was finally calling out the inventions one after the other for show and giving out awards for each criteria of science. 
Cameramen were everywhere in the grand hall, snapping the inventions, snapping us, snapping the judges.

There were lot of flashes.

All inventions got to be voted on by all the important and crazy-wealthy people on which would go to the finals. And whoever's invention won, would get to put it on sale for many rich people to buy.

Dad's invention and one other Japanese scientist's invention went up to the finals.
Dad was excited.
I wasn't. If my dad won, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

He IS a genius.

I checked my phone.
6 missed calls each from Carol and Nicki.
3 from Jay.
Ugh! I didn't know when Grayson's party would end, and that's what made me so nervous.
What if they'll forgot about me and they thought of me as UNCOOL??!
And I'll feel left out on Monday when everyone will be talking about the party!

The flashing kept turning my eyes blind and it got worse when we had a break. That's when ALL of them swarmed around us and the Japanese scientist with his family. Journalists, news reporters, camera guys... you name it.

I checked my watch. It would soon be 9:00pm.
I sighed with frustration still managing to smile for the cameras. My phone vibrated again and that was the last straw. I tugged at mom's dress. She slightly bent her head down.
"

Restroom.... NOW!" I whispered into her ear.

She nodded.

I could still hear the MC's voice announcing the break over and ordering everyone to settled back down for the final announcement that will decide the winner of the 'Scientist Of The Decade' award.

The rustles, the laughing, the chatter and the jazz music became faint as I went through the entrance doors, walking down the red carpet, aiming at the limo.
It was locked.

I looked at the golden gate that led the driveway from the road, seeing many chauffeurs and drivers discussing beside it sitting in a circle. I noticed my chauffeur's uniform despite the darkness and walked towards him but was stopped by the call of my name. I turned back but only wished I hadn't.
"My dear Holly, it's so relieving to see you here!"

Percy. Percy McCoy
The very handsome, tall, dark complexioned, pink lipped, curly pink haired son of a rich scientist, who just never seizes to leave me alone, smiled at me showing his perfect row of teeth.
Yes he had the good looks but bad qualities. In short, he was a pervert and a player... and maybe a womanizer.

His younger sister was worse. I'm not going into that story.

"Percy!" I said fake smiling. "How are you? It's been such a long time."

"Indeed you're right. I saw you and just wanted to greet you." He said.

He stared at me for some time. Mostly at my chest, then back to my eyes.
"You look very dashing tonight, Holly. You keep growing beautifully with age."
He chuckled. "I can say the same for your sister."

Oh yeah? Why don't you go date her then?!
"Thank you! You don't look bad yourself." I complimented back.

"Mind if we chat while taking a short walk?" He offered, already taking my hand, steering me away from the way to the chauffeurs.

But I stopped.
"Yes, I DO mind! You see Percy, I'm in a hurry to go somewhere right now." I said hurriedly trying to pry his hands off mine.

"But the ceremony isn't over. It can't be important than this?" He said confused, arching his perfect eyebrow.

"No, really. I have somewhere to go. I'll text you, okay?" I freed myself.

"But you don't answer my texts!" He shouted at me when I started to run towards the chauffeurs.

That's because I changed my number, because of HIM!

This is like the 5th time he tried to get close to me and something tells me, this isn't gonna be the last. That's just the bad side of rich people celebrations. You just end up meeting people you don't like.

••••••••••••••••••

Friday 8:49pm

I asked my chauffeur for the keys and then ran back to the limo to take my backpack from the boot.
Giving him back the keys, I instructed him that if anyone asked for me, to tell them that I went back home to check on an important matter. He nodded and left.

I took a different way to the restroom (to avoid Percy) and quickly changed my green dress into a sleeveless velvet gown that reached the top of my knees with a white belt around my waist. I still wore my court shoes but had worn baggy white socks over them.
I topped it with my white jacket because it was so cold outside.

I applied a new layer of cherry flavored lipgloss and dashed out of the restroom.

Getting my hover bike out of it's capsule, I sped to Grayson's house with the help of the address Carol sent to me yesterday.

I felt bad for betraying dad but this is a special event I just can't miss.
I feel like when I get there, I'll stop feeling the guilt.

Words: 1662
I'm satisfied now that I've reached the party chapter. It just means I'm closer to publishing the continuing chapters ahead.
Thanks for reading.
P

lease vote and give me your comments on this chapter please!

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

5.2K 931 74
Madison is a reserved girl with a comfortable yet uneventful life back home. She has good grades, a loving sister, and a father who's intent on her l...
73.1K 2.3K 51
#BOOK1 in 'ACE' SERIES He was like storm. He liked silence. He had looks which could kill. He is cold , ruthless and arrogant as hell. He h...
The Spy Par Sarah

Roman d'amour

5.1K 180 57
"You are so gosh dang stubborn that it kills me. I don't want you to stay away Alex, but you have to. It is for your safety. I am not good. I will ru...
Clueless Par maii_006

Roman d'amour

4.7K 80 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...