𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐒𝐨 𝐈𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭...

By kirstenenn

Shy, innocent Eliza Rosier accidentally walks into rude and ignorant Draco Malfoy. Draco begins to question w... More

TW/cast
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN (!!!)
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT (!!!)
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR (!!!)
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN

THIRTY EIGHT

25.9K 662 1K
By kirstenenn

Listen to "The Stars We Follow"
by Federico Albanease

E L I Z A

Daphne and I walked down to the Great Hall with our suitcases, dragging behind us. We followed a line of students chattering away about how excited they were to go home and see their families. How they couldn't wait to go to Diagon Alley and drink pumpkin juice at the Leaky Cauldron.

Even Daphne was excited to go home and see her family. I was not. I had to remind myself that it was normal to be excited about going home.

This time last year I would have already been at the train station, alone, waiting for the train to come. But this year I had a friend to walk with and friends to say goodbye to. And a boy who I absolutely did not want to say goodbye to.

Not even for home and my family. Let's just say, it's complicated and home isn't really home.

"There they are," Daphne gasped, pointing to our friends who were all bundled up in warm clothes and coats and stood by their suitcases.

I smiled as we walked up to them and Theo and Blaise's eyes grew wide at the sight of me. This was my first time seeing them since the bonfire. They knew now, they knew about Noah and I didn't like it. It made me nervous. I was terrified of what might happen to them.

Pansy and Draco had their backs to us before they turned, following Theo and Blaise's wide eyes. Draco wore a long black coat and a black jumper. I have never seen him in a jumper before. It had a high neck and made him look ravishingly handsome.

His eyes softened when he saw me. Almost like he had been in some sort of stormy cloud but when he saw me, the sun shined.

"Eliza I am so glad you're okay," Pansy pulled me into a tight hug, pulling my attention away from Draco but I still looked at him over her shoulder. The cold look in his eyes and the fiery look in mine made something snap in the air.

Draco swallowed and clenched his jaw and then looked down at the floor. I hate that I was still so full of anger from everything. I hate that he felt so guilty.

Pansy released me and I smiled up at her big black doe eyes. Theo and Blaise approached me and gave my arm a gentle squeeze, "you gave us a fright, Rosier."

"I'm so sorry," I looked up at Blaise. . . then to Theo. I truly was sorry and I think they could tell by how sincere my tone was. I was sorry for everything. I was sorry for what was to come.

"Don't apologize," Theo said and then smiled handsomely, "just remember that if you're ever in trouble, you can come to us."

"All of us," Pansy said and when I turned to her, she winked at me.

"We'll take down Noah together," Blaise said, something dark and wicked flashing over his eyes and although he said it almost in a joking manner, he was serious. That scared me.

"Thank you," I said to all of them, knowing full well I'll fight Noah alone, just so they wouldn't get hurt.

I turned my gaze over to Draco again. He had already been looking at me. I stepped toward him and our friends entered into a conversation. Giving Draco and me privacy to talk. I didn't know what to say, even after last night when I cried into my shoulder and kissed me ever so deeply. His deviant eyes reminded me of the intense way he kissed me.

I didn't say anything, I just wrapped my arms around him and nestled my head into his shoulder. His arms wrapped around my back, holding me so tightly against his body. I hate that this would be the last hug until after Christmas. I think he knew it too because he didn't dare let me go.

And on our way to the Hogwarts Express, we spoke about our homes. I didn't dare mention everything that was wrong with my family and didn't speak about the bad memories. I told him about the beautiful forest near our house and about Ellie, my horse.

If he knew I was holding anything back, he didn't mention it.

Draco didn't tell me much about his home, and whenever I asked, he changed the subject back to me. I didn't ask why, for the same reason why I didn't want him to know about mine.

D R A C O

I didn't want to let her go. I wanted this train journey to be longer. I wanted to sit with Eliza in my arms forever. But the train had slowed and I felt so angry and I wasn't entirely sure why. This rage, the familiar icy rage that consumes me covered me like a dark cloud. I was tense and Eliza could tell.

I looked out the window and saw students already running up to their happy families and embracing them lovingly. Eliza was looking out the window too and I saw the sadness that sucked that sparkle from her pretty green eyes. I didn't like that. I also noticed the slightest twitch of her lip like she was holding back tears.

"You alright?" I asked her, placing my hand on her thigh.

She turned to me and I hoped she would tell me now why she seemed so afraid to get off of the train.

"Yeah," she nodded her head. Liar.

I didn't push her. I wanted to. Merlin I fucking wanted to but I have already fucked up and I don't want us to leave on bad terms. We grabbed our stuff and I followed her down the aisle of the carriage, keeping close behind her and we almost reached the door when I quickly pulled her arm into a compartment.

I kissed her. I kissed her hard because we didn't have long to get off of the train and when we were off, I couldn't look at her. She had to be a stranger to me. I can't let my father see her—

"Can we just stay on this train and see where it takes us?" Eliza said, her lips still so close to mine and her eyes dazzling as they looked between mine.

I gripped her face in my hands, holding her cheeks, "yes," I said and she laughed but I was being serious.

"I wish we could," she closed her eyes, stopping the tear from falling from her eye. I would follow her into the stars and through hell. I would do anything for this girl.

"I will find a way to owl you later or something," I promised her.

"Don't send your owl to my house," she quickly said, panic brewing in her eyes, "send it to the barn that's nearby."

I nodded, understanding her plea and stopping myself from asking why. Why, Eliza? Why are you so afraid?

"We can't walk out together," she whispered and I wanted to know what her reasons were.

"I know," I told her, for my own reasons.

"I love you," I said, brushing her cheek with my thumb.

"I love you," she smiled, but it never met her eyes. Only fear and sadness consoled her pretty green eyes.

"You go first," I told her and she nodded, slowly slipping out of my hold and I kept my touch on her for as long as possible. But then she turned her eyes away from me, slipped out of my touch and walked off of the train. A lonely stranger. Now nothing but a girl. A strange lonely girl who I don't know. Don't love.

I waited a few moments, trying to calm myself but I could feel it sizzling in my veins. I had to become that numb thing my father liked me to be. I couldn't let my face tell the words I wanted so desperately to say. I held back my anger and didn't punch the window beside me. I could still smell Eliza. I will do this for her.

And then I left the train. I stepped off into the ground of loving families and smiling parents. I stepped off like I was the evil monster about to ruin all of their Christmas. That is what they think of me anyway. Malfoy's son—the cruel bully who is selfish and has the protection of Lucius Malfoy. If only they knew I was just as much a victim to the Malfoys as they all were.

I turned my head looking for Eliza, I knew I shouldn't but I couldn't help it. I couldn't see her.

"Draco," I heard the familiar voice of my father and I turned to meet his cold eyes.

"Father," I greeted.

He looked me over, eyes scanning for approval. I don't know if he found it, nor did I care.

Then he turned and I followed him through the wretched crowd. It was then that I saw Eliza, walking with her parents on either side of her. I recognised them from balls and events. The Rosier's. I questioned again why she was never at events and balls. Why did her parents attend and not her?

They seemed to be walking in a hurry, Eliza almost skipping into a run as she walked with haste, her father's hand on her back and her mother looking at them both, saying something I couldn't hear.

Then, Eliza turned her head over her shoulder, her eyes meeting mine. I tensed, if my father saw her looking at me he would immediately question who she was.

She didn't smile at me.

I didn't smile at her.

I wanted to break something. Hurt someone. I wanted to grab her, whisk her away from her father's hold and run away to the stars with her.

But then she looked away and they apparated into thin air.

E L I Z A

I was looking into Draco's eyes and everything around me seemed to be moving in slow motion. My parents arguing was nothing but a silent echo, and my father's protective grip on my back was nothing but air against my skin.

It was just me and Draco.

And then there was a snap in the air and then I was standing in the entryway of my house. Silence. Loneliness. That's the only thing that welcomed me.

"I'm going to make dinner," my mother said, sending my father a fiery look. But her obedience and cowardness would never be enough to stand up to my father.

I wasn't sure entirely what this argument was about. When I got off of the train they came up to me and immediately pulled me away from the crowd. My mother seemed sad, worried. Tired. She kept saying, "We shouldn't have to protect her from your mistakes." I didn't understand her words to my father and I knew well not to interrupt.

My father only said, "Oh, please stop blaming me, Diana," he seemed tired too, "She is not a little girl anymore, she should be able to take care of herself."

I always tended to block out their arguing and sometimes I was actually able to make their words sound like an echo. Like I was underwater, in the deepest part of the ocean, and they were on shore.

I looked away from my mother walking down the hallway and turned to my father. He had his jaw clenched, holding back an insult, I know he sure as hell wanted to snap at her. To my surprise, he kept quiet. At least this time.

He made sure she was out of eyesight. Like he always did and then he approached me with such vicious speed that I once would have flinched, but I was used to it now. I always expected it.

"How is it that you came into contact with an Avarias, girl?" he seethed, quiet enough for his words to not be heard by my mother.

I pressed my back further into the wall I had backed into. The familiar feeling of attempting to hide in the walls of this house like they would protect me. But in truth, every corner of this house was haunted with a bad memory. I can look into a corner and hear the echo of my parents arguing or feel the slap of my fathers hand.

My brows furrowed, "what do you know about the Avarias family?"

His features hardened, "there are things you don't know about our family. Things a stupid girl like you aren't ready to hear."

I stayed quiet.

He seemed to shake his head, like he regretted the words he chose to use, "I hoped this wouldn't come back to bite me in the back until much later on but I was stupid to think such a thing," he snarled, "from now on. You avoid the Avarias's son and don't let him harm you. I will teach you curses that Hogwarts is too soft to teach you."

"Do you understand?" I flinched at the sudden raise in his voice and I nodded my head quickly.

"Good," he stepped away from me and I felt like I could breathe again, "Go upstairs and rest."

     ~

My room looked just how I left it. My room was large with a full double bed with loads of pillows, blankets and teddies. I noticed the crinkle in the sheets like someone—like my mother had come in here to sit while I was gone. My window was cracked open a little, allowing a soft breeze to enter and lightly blow my curtains. Under my bed was a rug and the rest of my room was pretty basic and hadn't really changed much since I was little.

I only ever added to my room, never redecorated. I had books scattered almost everywhere around my room and nothing made me smile more than seeing the books which held the capability to allow my mind to travel someplace safe.

It was then I noticed a small bird tweeting on the edge of my window ledge. Curiously, I walked over to the small bird and was surprised when it didn't fly away into the darkening sky. I whispered a small hello, like I was actually afraid of my father coming in and killing the bird. It wouldn't be the first time.

I held out my arm and attempted to touch the small brave creature. But instead, it jumped onto my finger and I gasped. My lips spread into a wide grin. It chirped so quiet, so innocently.

But then, I saw its eyes, the eyes that had been facing away from me and I instantly felt a cold rush of fear. Red. Blood. Pooling from the innocent little bird's eye.

"What the hell?" I muttered to no one but the loneliness of my bedroom.

The bird began chirping louder. Then louder. Like a dragging squeal. It then collapsed into the palm of my hand and began heaving. I twisted my palm, attempting to drop the bird but as I did, it evaporated. No, it became dust. The dark coloured dust fell between my fingers and to the floor. I was bewildered.

I had no explanation for what the hell just happened to that innocent little creature who had brought a smile to my lips.

Then I felt it. The small piece of crumpled up parchment. I unfolded it and on it were three terrifying words in neat italic writing which had an eerie look to it.

I gasped.

'It's not over'

----------------------------------------------------------
Copyright © Kirsten Enn

Insta & TikTok @ kirsten.enn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 195 34
Draco Malfoy and Emma Dawlish attend Hogwarts: School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Emma is almost always a straight A student and she is forced to wo...
297 16 14
Hermione Granger returns to Hogwarts for her seventh year. As Head Girl alongside Draco Malfoy. A decision that has shocked both parties. Despite the...
32K 253 31
Y/n Malfoy, twin of Draco Malfoy, has been going to Beauxbatons until she is given a task to steal the Elder wand to become a death eater like the re...
466 7 14
"Come on Draco! It's fun!" The young Smithstone exclaimed as she was running around in the pouring rain like a child, Malfoy chuckled at the scene as...