The Colt & The Cobra - THE SP...

بواسطة leelabellabooks

As daughter of the city's most notorious kingpin, you're no stranger to crime, or danger.. Now, a hunky new b... المزيد

Chapter ONE
Chapter TWO
Chapter THREE
Chapter FOUR
Chapter FIVE
Chapter SIX
Chapter SEVEN
Chapter EIGHT
Chapter NINE
Chapter TEN
Chapter ELEVEN
Chapter TWELVE
Chapter THIRTEEN
Chapter FIFTEEN
Chapter SIXTEEN
Chapter SEVENTEEN
Chapter EIGHTEEN
Chapter NINETEEN
Chapter TWENTY
Chapter TWENTY ONE
Chapter TWENTY TWO
Chapter TWENTY THREE
Chapter TWENTY FOUR
Chapter TWENTY FIVE
Chapter TWENTY SIX
Chapter TWENTY SEVEN
Chapter TWENTY EIGHT
Chapter TWENTY NINE
Chapter THIRTY
Chapter THIRTY ONE
Chapter THIRTY TWO
Chapter THIRTY THREE
Chapter THIRTY FOUR
Chapter THIRTY FIVE
Chapter THIRTY SIX
Chapter THIRTY SEVEN
Chapter THIRTY EIGHT
Chapter THIRTY NINE
Chapter FORTY
Chapter FORTY ONE
Chapter FORTY TWO
Chapter FORTY THREE
Chapter FORTY FOUR
Chapter FORTY FIVE
Chapter FORTY SIX
Chapter FORTY SEVEN
Chapter FORTY EIGHT
Chapter FORTY NINE
Chapter FIFTY
Chapter FIFTY ONE
Chapter FIFTY TWO
Chapter FIFTY THREE
Chapter FIFTY FOUR
Chapter FIFTY FIVE
Chapter FIFTY SIX
Chapter FIFTY SEVEN
Chapter FIFTY EIGHT
Chapter FIFTY NINE
Chapter SIXTY
Chapter SIXTY ONE

Chapter FOURTEEN

650 65 0
بواسطة leelabellabooks

Mikki De'lucca

The glow of the headlights bounces off the asphalt ahead, illuminating the highway as Colt drives the pickup truck west, the glittering lights of the city reflected in the rear view mirrors, sinking into the thick darkness of night behind you.. You rest your head tiredly against the cool window, lost in a string of hopeless thoughts and the repetitive thrum of the engine..

Oliver hadn't shown up at the lookout.. According to Colt, nobody had.. Confirming all your worst fears..

"Mikki?.. Sugar?.." Colt's careful tone breaks you from your trance..

"He was supposed to be there.. He said he would be there.." You tuck your cold bare feet up beneath you with a sniffle and a shiver, your fever having broken, now your temperature runs cold as an icy sweat soaks your tattered dress.. "I-If s-something happened to Oliver, i-it's all my f-fault, Cowboy.."

Your teeth chatter, causing Colt to lean forward and flick on the AC, turning it to heat.. The warm blast of air immediately soothing your sore chilly bones..

"Sugar, I'm starting to think none of this is your fault.. And there ain't no cause to go jumping to conclusions.. Could just be he needed to hide out, lose the heat like us.. If the guy is DEA, he knows what he's doing, Mikki.."

The sweet reassuring tone he uses does little to appease the guilt..
In face, it only makes it worse..

You don't deserve his kindness..

How many people have to die because of you?

You shake your head, the stabbing sensation of secrets screaming in the back of your throat which you swallow back down.. You've been here before.. So many times.. This is what happens when you trust, when you care.. It always ends the same.. It feels like losing your brother Bobbi all over again.. It feels like Charlie disappearing forever.. "You don't get it.. You couldn't.."

He casts a startled glance over at you.. Forcing a confident, kind smile when he sees your crestfallen features.. Angels would adore that damn smile.. Its warm like sunshine and sweet like syrup.. You've never seen anything quite like it.. "You said yourself, I'm pretty, but I ain't the brightest.. Explain it to me, Mikki?" He winks..

Guilt hits you hard, like a freight train filled with frustration it burrows a tunnel straight through your chest.. You wipe your eyes, trying to discreetly mask your tears when he reaches across to take your hand, giving it a gentle, encouraging squeeze..
"Please, Sweetness?"

The sensation of his hard worked, calloused hand in yours brings you comfort, and somehow gives you a little strength.. Just enough to admit a fraction of the truth.. "I can't tell you, Colt.. Not you.. I just-- can't.."

You expect him to pull away, instead his thumb traces soothing soft circles over your wrist, calming the skittering pulse beneath.. "Why could you tell him and not me, Mikki?"

You peer over at him, the soft light casting shadows across his chiseled jaw.. He really is something else to look at.. Butterscotch blonde and built like a stallion.. You keep trying to dismiss the knots of desire winding themselves into kinked knots deep in your belly.. But its hard work.. It's been hard work since the second you saw him..

Its undeniable.. The guy is gorgeous.. Like something out of an old western movie.. Roguish and roughly-cut.. And its especially hard to ignore how gentle he is.. How tender.. A surprise contrast to his golden-godlike appearance..

"Because.. I like you too much already, Cowboy.. Any more.. And i'm afraid you'll disappear too.." A weary yawn overcomes you and you curl up against the seat resting your sleepy eyes as you cling to the Cowboy's hand in your lap..

"Aw, hell.. I feel the same damn way, Sugar.." His soft murmured words are the last thing you hear before the sway of the chassis lulls you into a dream..

....

"Hey.. Sleeping beauty.. We're here.." The click of the car door opening and closing stirs you awake as you sit up, stretching your arms above your head and blinking a few times to let your eyes adjust into focus..

"Where is here?" You mumble..

Colt tugs open the door beside you, offering his hand to help you down from the truck, you take it, allowing him to help keep you balanced.. You're so tired, all you want is to sleep forever..

Okay, maybe not forever, but at least twenty-four hours..

Your bare toes touch down on the dusty dirt driveway as you look around the beautiful fields and silhouetted fence posts.. "We're in Roan Range County, Sugar.."

You have no idea where that is, or how long you'd slept, only that it is still dark out so you can really only be a few hours out of the city.. "Oh--"

You're about to ask him where exactly he has brought you, when across the yard porch lights flicker on to illuminate the beautiful and expansive timber clad ranch house, the whitewashed flyscreen door swings open and out step a pair of pink cowboy boots.. "Ahhh!! Honey-bear you're home!"

In a streak of golden hair and a flash of denim shorty-shorts, the squealing country dame is down the front stairs, racing full pace towards where you stand by the truck leaping into the Cowboy's arms beside you, practically tackling him..

"Oof! Goddamn Juliette, easy girl!"

Your mouth dries and your stomach sinks as you watch their arms entangle around eachother in a familiar embrace..

Who is she?!

Wait.. Why do you care?

Is it because somebody used to to hold you like that?.. Like they loved you..
You wonder if you could ever be held like that again..

"I'm sorry Honey-bear it's just I missed ya, I surely did!" She peppers tiny kisses all over his cheeks, making him blush as sweet as a strawberry..

"Alright, Jules.. Me too, little darlin'.. Me too.." The Cowboy prys her arms from his neck, turning to you with a sheepish grin and an apologetic shrug.. "Juliette, this is my new friend Mikki.. Mikki, this is Juliette.."

The blonde bombshell turns to you with the kindest of hazel eyes and a honeyed smile.. She is that kind of natural, effortless beauty that so many chase, and few possess.. She wears not a speck of makeup on her face, yet somehow she is glowing with light.. With just the lightest sprinkling of fine freckles over her perfect button nose, her eyes like shiny amber sea glass..

You've never felt inadequate in your life.. But Juliette's radiance shakes your self-confidence.. Only for a second..

"Hey there Mikki, Juliette Knox, it's a real pleasure to meet you, sweetie-pie! Welcome to Riverland Ranch!" She extends her hand and you can smell her perfume, like wildflowers and summer rain and as her name rings in your ears, 'Juliette Knox', you realise she must be Colt's wife..

Stupida Mikkalia!

You had really thought The Cowboy had been flirting with you.. You'd been sure of it..

Your signals are all crossed, and confused and the messages you thought he'd been sending, now retrospectively appear vague and inconclusive..

Dumb, dumb, ditsy dame..

You scold yourself.. Of course he wasn't flirting with you.. He was fucking abducting you!

"Its nice to meet you too.." You take her hand feeling a little numb, looking down to see the dirt beneath her short kept nails.. This woman is no barbie doll.. She's a cowgirl.. A rancher.. Where the hell are you?!

"Thanks for having me here, this place is-- its beautiful, Juliette.."

She beams proudly over at Colt.. "Well now, I can't take all the credit for this little slice of paradise, can I Honey-bear?.."

Colt shakes his head with a rich chuckle.. "Sure ya can, little darlin'.. You do it all the time.."

She giggles, reaching out to smack his shoulder.. "Hey!"

Colt cringes, sucking in a sharp pained breath when her light slap makes contact with his fresh wound.. "GodDAMN girl!"

Juliette jumps in shock as Colt peels back his jacket to reveal the blood soaked shirt beneath.. "Honey-bear?! What happened?!"

Colt waves her off after inspecting his wound for a moment.. "Nah, nah its nothin.. All good.. Listen Jules, Mikki's had a rough day, might just get her inside and settled in, huh?.."

Juliette nods, looking back at you with soft sympathetic eyes that makes your stomach writhe and roil.. Pity.. You hate to be pitied.. You don't even deserve that..

"Oh sure, of course, ya'll come on inside.. Lemme grab your bags, Mikki.."

You stumble a little at the suggestion as it occurs to you that you have nothing.. You left everything you own back at your father's estate.. Your clothes.. Your shoes.. Your phone and laptop.. Your wedding photos.. You have nothing..

Colt catches your elbow and you sag against his side defeated.. Your body burnt out, your mind running ten paces behind.. Everything hurts.. Everything.. "Um--I-- I d-dont have any- -"

You stammer uselessly before The Cowboy steps in to explain the strange circumstance that basically turned you into a possessionless, penniless vagrant.. "I didn't give her alotta time to pack, Jules.. Maybe you could lend her something to wear til we sort it out?.."

Juliette nods, chattering away merrily, leading the way back up the way to the ranch house, meanwhile Colt sticks to your side, helping you every step of the way.. "I'm sure I can rustle somethin' up for ya, sweetie-pie.. And if you're hungry, I'll fix ya'll both a plate.."

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

324K 7.7K 50
When a mafia princess's dangerous past catches up with her, she is forced to confront her complex connection with a mafia boss-a man she once loved...
301K 9.9K 52
[✅ ⚠️]- Book 1️⃣ "I want to fuck you. Not kiss, fuck. So hard, your echoes would be louder than the noises from the party." ...
21.2K 1.1K 33
Journalist Sofie has to seduce a handsome escort for an exclusive tell-all article without getting lost in temptations that could become deadly. "Som...
3.2K 85 40
This is the second book in the His Desire trilogy, therefore you must read Forbidden Desire in order to follow up with the rest of the story!!. --- B...