The Colt & The Cobra - THE SP...

By leelabellabooks

As daughter of the city's most notorious kingpin, you're no stranger to crime, or danger.. Now, a hunky new b... More

Chapter ONE
Chapter TWO
Chapter THREE
Chapter FOUR
Chapter FIVE
Chapter SIX
Chapter SEVEN
Chapter EIGHT
Chapter NINE
Chapter TEN
Chapter ELEVEN
Chapter TWELVE
Chapter FOURTEEN
Chapter FIFTEEN
Chapter SIXTEEN
Chapter SEVENTEEN
Chapter EIGHTEEN
Chapter NINETEEN
Chapter TWENTY
Chapter TWENTY ONE
Chapter TWENTY TWO
Chapter TWENTY THREE
Chapter TWENTY FOUR
Chapter TWENTY FIVE
Chapter TWENTY SIX
Chapter TWENTY SEVEN
Chapter TWENTY EIGHT
Chapter TWENTY NINE
Chapter THIRTY
Chapter THIRTY ONE
Chapter THIRTY TWO
Chapter THIRTY THREE
Chapter THIRTY FOUR
Chapter THIRTY FIVE
Chapter THIRTY SIX
Chapter THIRTY SEVEN
Chapter THIRTY EIGHT
Chapter THIRTY NINE
Chapter FORTY
Chapter FORTY ONE
Chapter FORTY TWO
Chapter FORTY THREE
Chapter FORTY FOUR
Chapter FORTY FIVE
Chapter FORTY SIX
Chapter FORTY SEVEN
Chapter FORTY EIGHT
Chapter FORTY NINE
Chapter FIFTY
Chapter FIFTY ONE
Chapter FIFTY TWO
Chapter FIFTY THREE
Chapter FIFTY FOUR
Chapter FIFTY FIVE
Chapter FIFTY SIX
Chapter FIFTY SEVEN
Chapter FIFTY EIGHT
Chapter FIFTY NINE
Chapter SIXTY
Chapter SIXTY ONE

Chapter THIRTEEN

643 65 5
By leelabellabooks

Colt Knox

The bullet hole in my aching shoulder throbs painfully along with my pulse as I peek down to see that fresh blood has begun to seep its way through the bandage Lacey had patched me up with earlier.. The over-exertion of climbing the hiking trail to the peak of the viewpoint has me completely wrecked as I approach the very spot that overlooks the park where Mikki is supposed to be meeting DEA agent Oliver Reid..

Or as he is known in the intelligence community, Agent O, codename 'Orion'..

I knew I had seen the guy's face before, I'd recognised him at the gallery opening that I'd escorted Mikki to last night but hadn't been able to place the familiar face..

Honestly, I'd been too distracted by Mikki, wrapped up tight in that lacey white dress that made her look like some kind of saintly sweetheart, instead of the prairie fire that I know she really is..

Fuck!

I'm doing it again.. Thinking about her.. The sway of her hips.. Those thick
curves that I want to grip tighter than a bronc-strap.. The lick of her lips.. Her plush rosy lips, that I'd bet my finest buckle taste like red berries.. The woman is a walking fantasy, right from the pages of the glossy magazines.. And I want her.. Goddamn it ..

I've been wanting her for so damn long..

My thoughts chase themselves in circles like a mutt after its own tail..

"I can't do a damn thing, Knox, ya not hearin' me mate.. DEA isn't exactly known for their compromising attitudes.. Whatever Orion has, ya need to catch up.. And ya need to do it yesterday.."

I crush the cell dangerously in my hand, irritation heating the back of my neck, giving rise to my temper..

"Better believe it's your problem, brother, since you missed an undercover operation in progress during the briefing..
Ya never told me nothin' bout no DEA prick--"

Jake Harrison laughs down the line.. Revelling in giving me shit, like he always fucking does..
"Have another bloody go would'ya!"

See, while most people only see one side of Jake, the straight laced FBI suit
and tie type guy he reserves for the office.. I know the real Harris.. The smart mouth SAS son'of'a'bitch who saved my ass in Stryzakstan..

I don't know what it is about the crazy Australian bastard, maybe too much sun, salt and barley have rotted his brain, but ever since I've known him, the guy takes nothing seriously.. Everything is a great big fucking joke to Harris, and half the time I don't understand the words coming out of his mouth..

You can imagine then my surprise when Specter's Chief Director, Iris Santiago, put him in command during her absence.. What's more, you can imagine my rude awakening now to find, that despite the stark contrast in attitude, Jake and Iris have more in common than I'd ever have guessed..

"Heh.. Ya reckon I missed it? Ya must be thicker'n two bricks boy.." He chuckles..

Just like Iris, Harris is always a playing a game, withholding information, keeping his his cards close to his chest and working a fucking angle.. I'd known from the start there'd been more to his shiny simple contract, just another reason I'd been reluctant to take it.. Turns out I probably should've listened to my gut..

"Motherfuc--" I growl, ready to share a few choice words, but he doesn't let me start..

"You listen here mate, Iris put me in command to get shit done, and I ain't here to fuck spiders.."

I roll my eyes at the bizarre turn of phrase.. "Fuck spiders? What the fuck does that even mea--"

"Means I left out a few details, so fuckin' what? I said what had to be said to get you to take the job, a job that needs to
be done mind you.. And you agreed.. Signed on the dotted line 'n all, kid.. So get it done, Knox, or don't come back.."

The call disconnects and I shove my phone back into my pocket, disgruntled and grumbling to myself.. "Goddamn snake in the grass, sneaky son'ov'a--"

A booming voice, drenched heavily in a thick Russian accident disturbs my impatient muttering.. "Brat, Knox?"

I turn to see a familiar face, and not at all the one I'd been expecting.. Instead of DEA Agent Oliver Reid, I find the cold stare of the city's most elusive Bratva Sargent, Konstantin Ivanov trails up
the hiking track towards me..

"Ivanov? What in the hell are you doing here, brat?"

He squares his shoulders and narrows his suspicious gaze on me..
"I could azk you zame queztion, brother.."

Locked in a silent stand off, neither of us moves for a long minute.. He sizes me up with a dark, scrutinising stare that does nothing to intimidate me, even though I'm sure its supposed to.. "It iz sunny day, comrade-- beautiful, No?.. And this view!..To kill for.."

The Russians speaks in riddles though I'm sure the phrase he is looking for is 'to die for'.. But I suppose it works both ways..

He looks up to the clear blue sky, completely disregarding the tension as he inhales deeply the fresh air..

"Surely is.." I agree with skepticism..

I don't really know what he is getting at, still try my best to conceal that fact as well as ignore the pain in my shoulder, hiding any trace of weakness as I shift on my feet to distract my mind from the echoing agony..

"Tell me comrade, can you see the starz from here when all iz dark?"

I cock my head at the cryptic phrase, understanding suddenly dawning on me..
"Yeah.. You could probably even see Orion from here I reckon.."

His head snaps in my direction, a clear acknowledgement of the unspoken..
"That iz why you are here, da?"

I fold my arms, propping my weakened, wounded arm against my chest to relieve the pressure.. "It's why we're both here, ain't it?"

Konstantin grins.. "I did not realize Specter waz in buziness vwith ze black suits.."

I shrug.. "I never thought I'd see the Brotherhood bowing to an alphabet boy, but apparently.."

Konstantin smirks knowingly.. "If I remember correctly you once recited the abc's to your government's wardrum, comrade.."

He turns his back on me, confidently strolling away towards one of the benches, chuckling to himself as he begins to sing the familiar children's melody...
"A-B-C-D-- C-I-A -- C-O-L-T -- I-SEE-U.."

I follow him.. Sinking onto the bench beside him.. "Yeah yeah.. You're a real fuckin' howler, Hellhound.."

He sighs.. "Relax, brother.. You are friend of brat Paxton, so, I give to you the benefit of doubting.."

A little tension leaves my shoulders.. "So were is Reid?"

Konstantin shrugs.. "I do not know.. Lazt we spoke he tells me to meet him, now
we are here, and he iz not.. Inztead, I see only you.. What buizness doez ze lovely Iriz have vwith Orion?"

I take out my phone and begin typing out a message to Harris.. Firstly telling him to go fuck himself, since his earlier threats of dismissal had well and truly pissed me off, and secondly demanding every last scrap of information on Orion and his recent activities that can be dug up..

If Harris wants the intel from Mikki he is so obviously desperate for, finding Oliver Reid is going to be the key, so Jake is going to have to get his hands dirty, just like the rest of us.. "Who said Santiago sent me?"

Ivanov tuts.. "If she did not, zen I am impressed.. I did not believe you to
be a breaker of rules, brat Knox.. I zee now I waz mizinformed.. It may be we have much in common, comrade.."

I look out over the park, lit by the golden afternoon sun.. Peaceful.. So peaceful I could almost forget all the bustling bullshit of the city in the background..

Except that I can't.. Because I can fucking hear it.. The buzz of the traffic, the pounding sounds of steel on steel and construction in the distance.. I can smell it..

That nasty shit..

Exhaustion fumes in the air, suffocating poison..

The city is something else to me.. Some place I have to be.. But never want to be.. A place I've never belonged..

My own personal hell..

"Maybe.." I scoff.. "Or maybe we're just lookin for the same guy.. And I don't
suppose you're gunna tell me why.. Sooo, fun as this has been Kon-man.. I got better shit to be doing today.. "

I push up to my feet to make a move back down the hiking trail, since its obvious to me Orion is a no show and It'll be late afternoon before I make it back downtown to Ace and Lacey's place..

Konstantin stops me with one final thought.. "Why, I cannot zay, I am afraid I do not know this, brat.. But it does not take a wize man to gamble, my friend.. I waz alwayz assuming Orion set our meeting to request my servicez.. Same az all who seek me.."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 3.4K 45
[COMPLETE] [MATURE CONTENT] [MAFIA BOOK] Just like the astronomical event she's named after, Nova is one of a kind. Since the age of 6 she's trained...
2.3K 65 26
"𝕽𝖊𝖒𝖊𝖒𝖇𝖊𝖗 𝖒𝖞 𝖓𝖆𝖒𝖊 𝖆𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖕𝖘 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖙𝖔𝖚𝖈𝖍, 𝖇𝖊𝖈𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙'𝖑𝖑 𝖇𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖓𝖑𝖞 𝖇�...
36.9K 2.8K 39
Trapped in a hostile work environment with your Marine-Ex.. Can the two of you make peace, before you trigger an all out war? ... Working for the FB...
333K 10.7K 52
[✅ ⚠️]- Book 1️⃣ "I want to fuck you. Not kiss, fuck. So hard, your echoes would be louder than the noises from the party." ...