𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐒𝐨 𝐈𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭...

By kirstenenn

Shy, innocent Eliza Rosier accidentally walks into rude and ignorant Draco Malfoy. Draco begins to question w... More

TW/cast
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN (!!!)
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT (!!!)
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR (!!!)
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN

THIRTY-FIVE

28.4K 716 1.7K
By kirstenenn

D R A C O

There are many responsibilities of love and the most important one is to keep another's hearts safe. And I failed at that. My girl is not safe and I don't know how to protect her. I didn't protect her and I hate myself for it. But I'm not going to sit around with my pity, I'm going to avenge her.

Blaise and I walk around the back of the castle with a murderous conscience. We have searched every creepy crevice of this damn castle and we haven't found Noah. And what is most strange—when we asked a few seventh-year's if if they had seen him, they told us he hadn't been in classes since the day he joined and had presumed he had left.

But he did not leave. He put my girl in the hospital wing. I'm not sure if I am capable of murder but I certainly feel the killer's high right now.

I could use the killing curse but one, I'd end up in Azkaban and two, I'd rather kill him slowly. Take my time with him, feel the warmth of his blood on my hands and watch his body squirm beneath my blows.

"What if he really has left?" Blaise asked when we reached another dead end, the sky darkening as night approaches us.

"He was here last night when he was firing at us," I snapped back and I didn't mean to let my fury leak out and attack Blaise.

"I know, I know," Blaise answered, looking around at the distant forest, "but it has been almost twenty hours since he attacked us. He could have fled in that time."

I knew he was right. I knew it but I couldn't give up. We've spent the day searching every inch if this school, over and over and we still haven't found him. But it's been a distraction, I realised. I should be by my girl's side for when she wakes but I know that when she does, she—

I'm afraid she will hate me for betraying her trust.

But as afraid as I am, I won't leave her to suffer alone. I hate myself too, Eliza, so let's hate me together.

E L I Z A

I laid in that uncomfortable bed all day today, with only the company of Madam Pomfrey bringing me meals and healing potions. I've been waiting for Draco to come or anyone but no one has visited me. I can't help but feel like I've fallen into that lonely hole I spent all those years in. I feel the dreadful weight of the loneliness I thought I got rid of.

It's been a long day. A long physically and mentally painful day. And I've been waiting for Draco to show but a part of me doesn't want him to. I am so angry with him for telling Dumbledore about Noah because now I am so afraid of what might happen to him, my friends and myself.

Noah made it extremely clear not to tell a soul and I did and then I trusted Draco enough to tell him and now I'm regretting that foolish decision.

I am left with that regret as my eyes fall into an uncomfortable slumber and the only one who would be keeping me company is Noah, in my nightmares.

~

I spent the following day the exact same. And now it's Monday and when I should've been in lessons I was in the hospital wing wondering why no one has come to visit me. I want, no I need to tell Draco what Dumbledore and the professors know about Noah. I need to warn him, but no doubt he won't keep his mouth shut and tell everyone.

I'm annoyed at him. I maybe even hate him a little I am that angry but I need his help. I can't fight Noah alone. Or maybe I don't hate him. I don't know. But what I do know is that I am done lying in this stupid bed. My back has healed, at least it doesn't burn anymore, yes, occasionally it will sting but It's nothing I can't handle.

I've asked Pomfrey when I can leave or when I can have visitors but she just tells me that I cannot have any visitors until I am better.

But I am better.

And It is Christmas break in a week and I am not spending my half-term in this wing. Although, I think it would be more bearable than going home to my father. This is another question, do my parents know what happened? Do they know that their daughter has been lying in a hospital bed for three days?

I am done being hindered to this bed. I am just waiting for Noah to attack me again and I. Am. Done.

So, I stood, and the white gown I had been provided fell to my knees and draped off my shoulders. I am in nothing but the gown and a pair of white socks but I don't care about walking on the dirty, hard floor.

I walk past the rows of empty, neatly made beds cautiously. I am the only one here, Pomfrey left about half an hour ago so I should be okay. Although, I'm not sure what my plan is here. Escape and run wild through the corridors? I don't know what I am doing but my feet are leading me to those large double doors.

When I reach them, I hesitantly reach my hand out to the handle and with a shaky hand, I pull down the handle.

It's locked.

It's. . . locked.

Why the hell have they been locking me inside? Now I am panicked and I frantically yank on the handle repeatedly, shaking the dark wooden doors, desperate to get out.

But then the door opened but I knew it wasn't me who unlocked it because as I stepped back, almost stumbling on my backside, a tall figure walked in and I was met with the dark eyes of Professor Snape. He stepped in, his long cape hanging from his lean shoulders and falling down his tall figure.

He was frowning down at me as he closed the door behind him. Instinctively, I take another step back and as I do, I notice he was holding his wand. Were the doors sealed with a spell? Why would they feel it necessary to do that?

"Good," he said, "you can stand."

Well, obviously—I almost laughed. I was so annoyed but I found fear was in control of me.

But as scared as I was, hope still shimmered in my eyes, "So can I leave now?"

He looked down at me, "No but you do need to follow me," he said.

"Where too?" I asked as he turned his back to me, about to open the door but he paused, his clock flinging across his shoulder as he turned back to me.

"Dumbledore's office," he said and then turned around again, opening the door.

"I can't walk out there like this," I argued, pinching the thin fabric of my white gown.

"All students are in lessons," he replied, holding the door open and waiting for me to follow, "no one will see you."

I hesitated.

"This is urgent, Eliza," Snape said, in that same old careless tone.

Feeling like I had no choice in the matter, I walked past Snape and into the corridor. It felt refreshing to be out of the Wing but a part of me felt Intimidated and nervous. I watched, fiddling and pinching my hands as I watched the shape close the doors. Then he walked and I followed by his side.

I'm not sure what this is about but I have a strong feeling that they just want to try and get more information about Noah which would mean they knew I didn't tell them everything I knew, which meant they knew more too.

I sighed and tried to prepare myself as much as I could, although part of me hoped Noah would appear and relieve me from this awful life.

-----------------------------------------------------
Copyright © Kirsten Enn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 76 35
!COMPLETED!"I brought you flowers"|"I'm allergic to flowers, you idiot"|(Draco Malfoy, resident Slytherin asshat, -enter Rosie Skarr, bright pink hai...
31.2K 1K 33
~Complete~ Draco Malfoy was raised to live up to his father's expectation and pureblood standard. Malfoy has to keep the image for his family's name...
71.9K 2.3K 49
(A Draco Malfoy x she/her Reader fanfiction) Your time as a Hufflepuff at Hogwarts and the Second Wizarding War is a few years behind you as you star...
100K 1.8K 54
☆ first story in the sequel ☆ ✰☽♡𑁍✯☼ "We need a name for this," I said. He asked, "Enemies to lovers?" I chuckled. "We aren't lovers, Malfoy." "How...