One Of A Kind ||A Fred Weasle...

By heyitslyrine

(Y/n) Black, the daughter of Sirius Black, was nurtured by the Weasley family, forming strong bonds with all... More

1. The Burrow
2. Wake up!
3. The Dursley's
4. Hit the Road
5. The Quidditch World Cup
6. The Dark Mark
7. The Triwizard Tournament
8. The Love Letter
9. The Goblet of Fire
10. The First Task
11. Dance Class
12. The Yule Ball
13. The Black Lake Date
14. The Second Task
A/N
16. 12 Grimmauld Place
17. The Weasley arrival
18. The Dementor accident
19. The Order of The Phoenix
20. New Prefects
21. Professor Umbridge
22. Detention
23. The Halloween Party
24. Meeting at Hog's Head
25. Dumbledore's Army
26. The Attack On Arthur
27. Christmas At The Black Manor
28. Gryffindor VS Slytherin
29. Fred and George's Exit
30. Department of Mysteries
31. The Veil
32. The Morning After
33. Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
34. A New Weasley
35. Ruins
36. Reunited
37. Back at the Shop
38. The Loss of A Great Wizard
39. The Seven Potters
40. The Wedding
41. Back At The Black Manor
42. Pain and Rain
43. Returning to Hogwarts
44. The Battle Of Hogwarts
45. The End
46. The Life After
Thank You
New Story!
New Story Pt.2 + Question
After The War, Part I
Please Read

15. The Final Task

12.1K 251 474
By heyitslyrine

At last, the twenty fourth of June had arrived. Between this time, nothing exciting had happened as everyone was way too busy either studying or —as you would do with the twins and Lee— pranking other students relentlessly. You and Fred were yet to have something going on because every time you tried to have some alone time with each other, you'd be interrupted by George's and Lee's voices calling Fred or Ginny's and Astrid's calling yours. Even worse when all the teachers gave you more and more homework to work upon, making you more tired and more busy by the minute.

McGonagall had asked you to walk Harry through the final task since he had no one but you and maybe because she didn't trust Moody the way Dumbledore trusted him. You, of course, had accepted the offer and wouldn't miss saying good luck to Harry and the other champions.

The stands had begun to fill, the air was full of excited voices and the rumbling of feet as the hundreds of students filed into their seats. The sky was a deep, clear blue now, and the first stars were starting to appear. Hagrid, Professor Moody, Professor McGonagall, and Professor Flitwick came walking into the stadium and approached Bagman, the champions and the champions' families. They were wearing large, red, luminous stars on their hats, all except Hagrid, who had his on the back of his moleskin vest.

"We are going to be patrolling the outside of the maze," said Professor McGonagall to the champions. "If you get into difficulty, and wish to be rescued, send red sparks into the air, and one of us will come and get you, do you understand?"

The champions nodded.

"Off you go, then!" said Bagman brightly to the four patrollers.

"Good luck, Harry," you whispered and hugged him tightly. You moved to also say good luck to the other champions; first Cedric who gave you the biggest hug, Fleur who gave you a kiss on the cheek just like she did at the second task and Krum who just shook your hand and nodded.

The four of them walked away in different directions, to station themselves around the maze. Bagman now pointed his wand at his throat, muttered, "Sonorus." and his magically magnified voice echoed into the stands.

You joined the rest of the Weasley family there, sitting between Bill and Fred.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament is about to begin! Let me remind you how the points currently stand! Tied in first place, with eighty-five points each —
Mr. Cedric Diggory and Mr. Harry Potter, both of Hogwarts School!"

The cheers and applause sent birds from the Forbidden Forest fluttering into the darkening sky.

"In second place, with eighty points — Mr. Viktor Krum, of Durmstrang Institute!"

More applause. "And in third place — Miss Fleur Delacour, of Beauxbatons Academy!"

You could just make out Harry's tiny figure from halfway up the stands. He waved up at you all, and you waved back, beaming at him.

"So...on my whistle, Harry and Cedric!" said Bagman.

"Three — two — one —"

He gave a short blast on his whistle, and Harry and Cedric hurried forward into the maze. Next up, Krum and Fleur followed. The champions were no longer seen as the tall and thick maze had swallowed them further and further.

Anticipation had built up but Bill's words of reassurance and Fred's arm around you made you feel safe and sure that everyone and specifically Harry, would make it out safe and sound.

After what felt like hours, a red spark was seen from the middle of the maze. Somebody had casted Perriculum, you thought. The fear and anxiety had now returned and the thought of it being Harry made you more terrified that it should. At last, Fleur had immerged from the maze, McGonagall, Hagrid and Madame Maxine on her side. Turning your head to your left, you could see Bill thinking about whether he should go and see if she's okay or not. Smiling, you put your hand on his shoulder.

"Go check up on her. I'm sure she'll need somebody like you right now." Bill's face had turned red before he made his way through the crowd and to Fleur.

You cuddled closer to Fred, taking all the warmth from his body and just standing there with him as he was rubbing your arm softly and slowly.

———

Krum and Fleur were back but where was Harry and Cedric? It felt like hours since you last seen them. Until, Harry returned clutching on to Cedric's body. Music started playing and everyone applauded.

You decided to free yourself from Fred's grasp and ran to Harry, just to see that he was crying and clutching on to Cedric's body like before. But Cedric wasn't moving, his eyes stared into nothing.

Cedric Diggory was dead.

You crouched at Cedric's side, tears started coming to your eyes. You put your hand on Harry's shoulder.

"Harry, it's okay you're both home."

"He's back! Voldemort's back!" Harry cried out, and Dumbledore had come to Harry's side.

"He's back! And Cedric asked me to bring his body back! I couldn't leave him! Not there!" Dumbledore looked at Harry with such pity.

The music died down just as Fleur had let out the loudest and most desperate scream. The champions were close after being chosen, even if they were opponents.

You may have not been that close to Cedric but he would always be kind to you all the years you both had attended Hogwarts. He was a very kind soul and he definitely didn't deserve this. He was only 17, and he had lost his life to save Harry fighting against the Dark Lord, just like Harry's parents did.

You approached Harry and took him into your embrace, letting his tears fall from his face, as you held him close, knowing that you were about to lose him. You wouldn't have forgiven yourself if that had happened, even if it wasn't your fault.

Amos Diggory's screams were echoed through the stadium. "That's my son" and "That's my boy" were the one words that he could scream, clutching into his body as he had just lost his son, his one and only child.

They say that the worst pain is to lose your child. And you could definitely see the desperation in Mr. Diggory's eyes.

Harry was taken away from you by Moody, followed closely by McGonagall, Snape and Dumbledore as the rest of the teachers were trying to calm Mr. Diggory.

To Cedric Diggory, the boy who deserved to live.

———

Today, there were black drapes on the Great Hall, behind the teachers’ table. You knew instantly that they were there as a mark of respect to Cedric. The usual red, green, yellow and blue colors weren't there to bring joy into the students. Today was all about grief, as Hogwarts had lost a student.

The real Mad-Eye Moody was at the staff table now, his wooden leg and his magical eye back in place. He was extremely twitchy, jumping every time someone spoke to him.

Professor Karkaroff’s chair was empty. You wondered, as you sat down with the other Gryffindors, where Karkaroff was now, and whether Voldemort had caught up with him.

Madame Maxime was still there. She was sitting next to Hagrid. They were talking quietly together. Further along the table, sitting next to Professor McGonagall, was Snape.

Everything was ended by Professor Dumbledore, who stood up at the staff table. The Great Hall, which in any case had been less noisy than it usually was at the Leaving Feast, became very quiet.

"The end," said Dumbledore, looking around at the students, "of another year."

He paused, and his eyes fell upon the Hufflepuff table. Theirs had been the most subdued table before he had gotten to his feet, and theirs were still the saddest and palest faces in the Hall.

"There is much that I would like to say to you all tonight," said Dumbledore, "but I must first acknowledge the loss of a very fine person, who should be sitting here," he gestured toward the Hufflepuffs, "enjoying our feast with us. I would like you all, please, to stand, and raise your glasses, to Cedric Diggory."

Everyone did it, all of them; the benches scraped as everyone in the Hall stood, and raised their goblets, and echoed, in one loud, low, rumbling voice, "Cedric Diggory."

You caught a glimpse of Cho through the crowd. There were tears pouring silently down her face. They all sat down again.

"Cedric was a person who exemplified many of the qualities that distinguish Hufflepuff house," Dumbledore continued. "He was a good and loyal friend, a hard worker, he valued fair play. His death has affected you all, whether you knew him well or not. I think that you have the right, therefore, to know exactly how it came about."

"Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort." A panicked whisper swept the Great Hall. People were staring at
Dumbledore in disbelief, in horror. He looked perfectly calm as he watched them mutter themselves into silence.

"The Ministry of Magic," Dumbledore continued, "does not wish me to tell you this. It is possible that some of your parents will be horrified that I have done so — either because they will not believe that Lord Voldemort has returned, or because they think I should not tell you so, young as you are. It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies, and that any attempt to pretend that Cedric died as the result of an accident, or some sort of blunder of his own, is an insult to his memory."

Stunned and frightened, every face in the Hall was turned toward Dumbledore now...or almost every face.

"There is somebody else who must be mentioned in connection with Cedric’s death," Dumbledore went on. "I am talking, of course, about Harry Potter."

A kind of ripple crossed the Great Hall as a few heads turned in Harry’s direction before flicking back to face Dumbledore.

"Harry Potter managed to escape Lord Voldemort," said Dumbledore. "He risked his own life to return Cedric’s body to Hogwarts. He showed, in every respect, the sort of bravery that few wizards have ever shown in facing Lord Voldemort, and for this, I honor him."

Dumbledore turned gravely to Harry and raised his goblet once more. Nearly everyone in the Great Hall followed suit. They murmured his name, as they had murmured Cedric’s, and drank to
him. When everyone had once again resumed their seats, Dumbledore continued, "The Triwizard Tournament’s aim was to further and promote magical understanding. In the light of what has happened — of Lord Voldemort’s return — such ties are more important than ever before."

Dumbledore looked from Madame Maxime and Hagrid, to Fleur Delacour and her fellow Beauxbatons students, to Viktor Krum and the Durmstrangs at the Slytherin table. Krum, Harry saw, looked wary, almost frightened, as though he expected Dumbledore to say something harsh.

"Every guest in this Hall," said Dumbledore, and his eyes lingered upon the Durmstrang students, "will be welcomed back here at any time, should they wish to come. I say to you all, once
again — in the light of Lord Voldemort’s return, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided. Lord Voldemort’s gift for spreading discord and enmity is very great. We can fight it only by showing an equally strong bond of friendship and trust. Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.

"It is my belief — and never have I so hoped that I am mistaken — that we are all facing dark and difficult times. Some of you in this Hall have already suffered directly at the hands of Lord Voldemort. Many of your families have been torn asunder. A week ago, a student was taken from our midst. Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy,
remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."

Everything has never been so quiet at Hogwarts. It was devastating. But at least, the year had finished and you had a whole summer ahead of you before you start your 7th year.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

758K 25.4K 70
A story where a girl would do anything to get rid of her studies including getting married with a Mafia king but fate played opposite of it even afte...
46.4K 875 35
[FINISHED ~ april 23th 2021] Will be re-written when I get the motivation cuz this sucks. "๐…๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ." "๐€๐ง๐ ๐€๐ฅ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ." in w...
1.7K 50 4
COMPLETED ๐‘พ๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’ ๐’‰๐’‚๐’‘๐’‘๐’†๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’†๐’ ๐‘ฏ๐’‚๐’“๐’“๐’š ๐‘ฑ๐’‚๐’Ž๐’†๐’” ๐‘ท๐’๐’•๐’•๐’†๐’“ ๐’Ž๐’†๐’†๐’•๐’” ๐’‚ ๐’Ž๐’š๐’”๐’•๐’†๐’“๐’Š๐’๐’–๐’” ๐’ˆ๐’Š๐’“๐’ ๐’๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’“...
168K 6.2K 74
I'm Married to the God of War ๆˆ‘ๅจถไบ†ๆˆ˜็ฅžๅฐๅฐ†ๅ†› Author ่ๅœ็ฒพ Status 74 Chapters Description In the big event in the capital, Shen Kuo, the rich and famous son...