Lost Soul (Book #1)

By izziclesss

They thought that she was dead before she got to live. They have been deceived by the person they were suppos... More

AESTHETICS
Prologue
1|Reality
2|Shock
3|Eyes
4|New Home
5|Speak
6|Brothers
7|Mall
8|Dinner
9|Critcal
10|Memories
11|Time
12|Awake
13|Interrupted
14|Irish
15|Aleksander
16|Birthday
17|New York
19|School
20|Trouble
21|Unexpected
22|Family
23|Runaway
24|Found
25|Gerald
26|The Truth
27|Claim
28|Watching
29|You
30|Hurt
31|Mother
32|Conditions
33|Sweet Dreams
34|Taken
35|Revelations
36|Vengeance
37|Marriage
38|New
39|Alexei
40|Old Friends
41|Adrik
ANNOUNCEMENT
42|Tragedy
43|Father
44|Static
45|Relief
46|Disbelif
47|Pregnant
48|Oh Baby!
49|Patience
50|Preparations
Epilogue

18|New Faces

22.9K 585 121
By izziclesss

3rd POV:

All the brothers sat down in the office discussing tonight's event. Although they did not want to introduce Ana to the underground world yet, they knew they had no choice. People already knew about her and they had put a bounty on her. Luckily they had taken care of that, that was the reason Alexei and Adrian had gone to California.

Anastasia still had no clue that her brothers were part of the most notorious mafia. They all knew that they had to tell her, but they were afraid of her reaction. Devin's parents had been hired assassins for the Russian mob and he followed in their tracks. Octavia was kept out, but she had found out after her parent's death. Once she turned 18 she wanted to be a part and they had reluctantly allowed her.

It was different with Anastasia because she had been through so much at a young age. They feared that bringing her into it would do her more harm. They had found Gerald, and they had plans of making him pay.

They had all collectively agreed to find their mother, they wanted to find out why she did. They never fully knew why she left, they had just guessed.

Adrik had given all hope in talking to their father. He knew that it was only a matter of time that he found out about Anastasia. Once they introduced her, word would reach their father and it would force his arrival.

Their meeting was about how to keep Anastasia safe tonight. Alexei had appointed himself to be with her throughout the night.

They only hope that tonight went as smooth as it could be. That meant no random attacks.

Anastasia's POV:

I sat on the chair letting Octavia do my hair and makeup. She had done a sleek low bun and left two strands out to frame my face. She was doing my makeup, which I wasn't too sure about because I had never used it. Not because I didn't like it but because I couldn't afford to do so.

Once she was done I looked at myself in the mirror and let's just say Octavia did a good job. She told me to put on some red lipstick. I went to get the dress which was a silk emerald green off-the-shoulder dress. I paired them with black stiletto heels. Octavia came out with a tight blue dress that matched her hair which was put up into a high ponytail.

"Ana when we get there keep your head held high, and make sure that you are always with one of your brothers," Octavia advised me

"Ok, anything else."

We walked hand in hand downstairs where all the boys stood in their fancy suits. They looked very intimidating.

"Girls you look beautiful." Adrik complimented. We had a car service waiting for us downstairs. We all got two limo's because we wouldn't all fit. Driving through the streets of New York  I  gazed out the window.

We had made it, the limo had stopped in front of a large building. The driver opened the door and one by one we got out. I was the last and as I got out Alexei extended his hand to help me out. He linked his arm to mine, I remember what Octavia had told me prior so I did as she told me. Men were staring which made me uncomfortable. Alexei sensed it and glared at those men and they visibly shrunk.

3rd POV:

He sat there drinking while his parents chatted about this year's ball. Immediately everyone quieted down when they saw how was coming through the doors. He turned his attention towards what everyone was staring at. Of course, it was the Russians.

Anastasia felt overwhelmed by the number of people that unconsciously she had been gripping Alexei's arm. She knew no one could see her right now because she was behind her brothers, but once they moved she'd be visible.

Once they had all walked in he realized there was someone there he had never seen before. She looked just like them. He was entranced by her beauty. She held herself high, but he could see right through her she was scared maybe uncomfortable. By custom, they all had to greet each other. He could not be any happier that he was going to get a close-up on her. Although he thought that she was the most beautiful woman he has ever seen the Italian and the Russian did not get along.

Anastasia followed her brothers as they greeted other people. She had noticed they did not get along with most people, but there were a few. There was one more family that they had to greet. As they walked over she saw someone that caught her eye. She had never been one to pay much attention to guys, but there was something about him.

He was tall, he had curly brown hair and piercing grey eyes. Tattoos peeked out of his arms and some around his neck. She was broken out of her trance when she heard Adrik speak.

"Accardi." He spoke coldly, the older man scanned the Russians and smiled when he saw the girl.

"Vassiliev, I see you've brought someone new." Calvino Accardi smirked, obviously, the man had heard about their mysterious sister. Adrik gave Alexei a look to take Anastasia elsewhere because he did not want her to hear. Octavia followed them because she had seen the looks that were exchanged between Anastasia and Domenico.

Domenico Accardi was the son of Evangelina and Calvino Accardi. Domenico was next in line to the Italian Mafia although he had an older brother. His brother Gianni gave the spot to Domenico not wanting to have that much involvement.

All Domenico wanted in this given moment was a moment alone with Anastasia. If he couldn't talk to her here, then he would have to wait when they were back in Chicago.

Anastasia's POV:

Alexei had taken me to sit down at a table. Octavia came to sit next to me and gave me huge smile. I was sort of creeped out by it. Alexei excused himself saying he'd be right back and to stay here.

"I saw you and Domenico looking at each other," Octavia said immediately after Alexei left. I just blushed, had I been that obvious. Maybe I hadn't because my brothers had not said anything.

"Look at you blushing, but just know that your brothers are not his biggest fan. He's the same age as the twins, plus he also lives in Chicago."

"I don't know Octavia, I won't deny that he is handsome, but that doesn't mean that I am going to date him," I said fiddling with my fingers. I couldn't stop thinking about him, but I had to. Worrying about boys was the last thing I needed right now. I had just gotten my family back, and they were the most important thing to me. I was still building my relationship which of my brothers. I also was starting school and therapy soon. I needed to focus on my well-being.

"He obviously likes you," Octavia seemed to be encouraging my thoughts.

"Stop Octavia, I wouldn't even be able to talk to him without having an anxiety attack. Let's talk about something else." I said and she just nodded her head. Just on cue all my brothers and Devin came to the table. Food was being served, and I was glad because I was starving.

A man began to talk about who knows what because I was too busy eating. Alexei was sitting next to me and I heard him laughing.

"Ana the food isn't going anywhere relax you don't want to choke." His voice was laced with amusement. I glared at him and continued eating my food.

After a while, people began to dance and talk. I was so over this part, I wanted to go home and lay down.

"Ana come with me to the restroom," Octavia asked and I nodded and followed her. We walked to the restroom because the restroom did not have stalls I had to wait for her out in the hall. I sighed and rested my head on the wall behind me.

"You shouldn't be so careless about your surroundings." A voice said, I jumped startled. I turned and saw him. He stood there looming over me, he made me feel so small. I gulped and just stared at him not knowing what to do or say.

"You don't talk?" He asked as his grey eyes bore into mine. Before I could do anything Octavia came out of the restroom and grabbed my arm. She assessed me making sure I was okay.

"Octavia." He said.

"Domenico, this is Anastasia Vasiliev." She said emphasizing my last name which just caused him to smirk.

"See you, ladies, around." He said before leaving. Octavia just started squealing.

"I ship this, this is like a Romeo and Juliet love."

"Romeo and Juliet really they both die at the end. What do you ship exactly, I haven't even spoken a word to him." I said as we made it back to the table.

"Oh, hush don't ruin this for me." I just rolled my eyes at this.

~

We had arrived home about 30 minutes ago. I had changed into my pj's. I was trying to sleep but those grey eyes kept me awake. Would I see him back in Chicago?

-not edited
Please comment and vote:)!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.2K 594 22
Aurora Rose Romano a 16 year old girl kidnapped from her own mother at the young age of 5. Since then she only knows pain, pain that she receives fro...
2.8M 76.3K 50
She's a fifteen-year-old girl who killed her "father" in self-defense and lied about it to the police. She thinks she has no other family members and...
4.2K 118 15
A mafia family spilt apart after the triplets where taken. Finally after 16 years they find them, all completely different. They were bounced around...
398 7 22
Nova was only 2 years old when she was kidnapped from her family. She has 5 older brothers and her biological parents are dead. What happens when her...