Atomic recess

By Yui-umbreon

Join 'Dede' as she goes through her life as a fourth grade student at third street elementary school with her... More

The break in
The great jungle gym standoff
The new kid
The experiment
Officer Mikey
First name Ashley
To Finster with love
King Dede
Big brother chad/my fair Gretchen
Speedy we hardly knew ya
Operation Stuart furball of the sneeze
The pest
The box/Spindly tam kanushu
The Trial
The voice / toxic talent
Parents' night
Gus' last stand
Happy Valentine's day
Secrets Pt. 1
Secrets Pt. 2
Secrets Pt. 3
Randall's reform
The substitute
Soccor boy
Lord of the nerds
The beauty contest
The big prank
Tattletale heart
Terrifying tales of recess
When worlds collide
Big top Candy
Pharaoh Bob
The challenge
Authors note (just a quick message)
Galactic guardians no more
Great state fair
Merry Christmas
The coolest heatwave ever
Randall's friends

Jinxed/slime of the century

68 1 0
By Yui-umbreon

The pic at top is just an edited version of Betty, I haven't got around to drawing any proper images of Dede yet, so I'll just use this one for and atomic Betty episodes I write out. Anyway, I hope you enjoy.

Jinxed/slime of the century

"Look it's very simple, kids rules are kids rules and they can't be broken, ever." Spinelli pointed her finger at gus.

"But it was a bad trade, a moment of weakness. I don't even play the harmonica and I gave Barry my favourite lizard." Said Gus holding the harmonica as he pointed to a boy holding a lizard up to his face.

"Hey little fella, wanna play?" Asked Barry as the lizard looked like he wanted to get away, however because he couldn't the lizard did the only thing it could do, it bit Barry on the nose. "AHHH, my nose." Screamed Barry as he ran around.

"Forget it man, you can't get back your lizard. It'll make you a 'take a backer' and that's against the code." Said Vince folding his arms.

"The what?" Asked Gus.

"The kids' unwritten code of honor, where you been man." Said Spinelli.

"Errr..."

"Look Gus, what would you do if you knew a kid that went around and stood on cracks all the time." Said TJ putting his hand on Gus' shoulder.

"Well....I'd...I'd tell them to stop."

"Right. And what about a kid who never held his breath and went past a cemetery." Asked Vince.

"I'd say he was crazy."

"Exactly and this is the same thing, like never taking cuts in line and only double daring a kid only after he dared you first, they're all part of the code." Explained TJ.

"It's what separates us from the animals." Said Mikey.

"And from the adults, if we kids didn't have the code, what would we be?" Asked Gretchen.

"Uhhh...adult animals?" Questioned Gus.

"Nothing, that's what." Said Spinelli.

"Wow, I had no idea that it was so important." Said Gus.

"Well it is." Said Vince.

"Yeah, learning to play the harmonica isn't that hard Gus." Said Dede as she took the harmonica from Gus' hands and played a little tune, before giving it back to Gus who smiled and put it in his pockets.

"Promise us one thing, never even thing of doing something like that again." Said TJ.

"Oh I won't, believe me, I'll stick to the kids unwritten code of honor, no matter what." Said Gus as TJ patted his shoulder before they all walked off, unaware of someone watching them.

"Ohhhh, this give me a brilliant and like diabolical idea." Said Ashley A. as she hid behind a wall, before running to talk to the other Ashley's and whispered her plan to them.

"Come on Gus, we can't wait all day." Said Spinelli as the friends were all waiting in line for gus to get a drink from the water fountain.

"We'll meet you over by the jungle gym, ok Gus." Said Vince.

"Okay." Gus sighed but as the other 6 were walking off they heard a beeping sound.

"Uhh..I'll meet you guys there, I'm just gonna run to the bathroom real quick." Said Dede as she ran off. When Dede got to the bathroom and made sure no one was there she pressed a button on her bracelet and a hologram of X-5 and Sparky on her rocket, however Sparky was crying.

"Atomic Candy I need your help, Sparky is hysterical." Said X-5 pointing to Sparky.

"What's wrong?" Asked Dede very worried as she looked at her alien friend.

"M..m...maximus has k...kidnapped m...my mamula." Said Sparky before he broke out into more tears.

"X-5 is this true?"

"Well I didn't see anything." Said X-5.

"He did, he did." Said Sparky as he banged his fists on the control panel before crying again and banging his head.

"I'm on my way." Said Dede before she pressed another button to get zapped up onto her ship, on the way up her outfit had changed to her galactic uniform. "Is he sure it was maximus."

"It was him, I saw it."

"Atomic Candy we need your help." Said a new voice, when the three looked over they saw admiral Degill on the screen. "Maximus I.Q is eradicating all the multi coloured moons of rashomon 7, coursing them to explode."

"He kidnapped my mamula too."

"Really?"

"That has not been confirmed yet sir." Said X-5 to a confused Degill.

"Stop that fiendish feline before he destroys another magar galactic tourist attraction."

"We're on our way." Said Dede and she and X-5 saluted. "Why do I have a feeling something bad just happened. Alright let's head to rashomon 7, I feel like I need to get back to school soon."  When they got to their destination they saw a few moons being blown up, giving off the effect of a firework, until they looked and saw the ship the blasts were coming from.

"That's it, that's the ship my Mamula was kidnapped in." Said Sparky as he pointed at the screen.

"It doesn't make sense, what would Maximus want with your mother?" Asked X-5.

"After him." Dede said as the ship start to take off somewhere, Sparky was quick to take chase. The chase lasted for a long time from going around different moons, to doing a nose dive, to going into a crater on one of the moons that spat out geysers type streams, when they came to a dead end that forced maximus' ship to stop. "End of the road Maximus, Sparky hit them with a stasis ray." Sparky was about to press the button but he stopped short. "Sparky?"

"I...I can't do it." Said sparky.

"What's wrong?"

"M..my Mamula is in there." As Sparky guesturd to maximus' ship, before anyone can do anything a stream of water shot up from underneath them, sending Maximus' ship out of the moon.

"After then." But it was too late, by the time Dede and her crew got out of the moon, maximus was already out of sight.

"I disobeyed a direct order and now I've failed my Mamula." Said Sparky as he started to cry again.

"I don't know what to say Sparky, I mean what are the odds of your mom being kidnapped by Maximus."

"Atomic Candy you are not going to believe this." Said Admiral Degill as he appeared on the screen again, he then proceeded to tell them about how hearts were being etched into the moons, when they got their they saw minimus on a laser rocket carving the hearts into a moon.

"Halt!" Said Dede through the speakers but minimus start to fly away causing Dede and her crew to give chase, but only for a little as it soon turned into a laser fight, which cut a moon near them in half.

"Mamula." Said Sparky as he started flying the ship to the half of the moon that his mother was on. Minimus managed to hit Dede's ship and caused them to have to do a crash landing destroying maximus' ship.

"You fools, look what you've done." Shouted maximus outraged. "This is a rental." As this was happening minimus somehow managed to drag the two halves of the moon back together, allowing Maximus to run to Zulia, Spark's mother. "Come my darling, away from these pestering nats, let's find someplace private, to conclude our rudely interrupted abore."

"Sparky what a surprise." Said Zulia as she saw the door to dedes ship open and the 3 stumble out.  "Ohh you must meet my day maxi, your gonna love him."

"Your...your DATE." Shouted Sparky shocked.

"What are the odds?" Asked Dede just as shocked.

"One trillion, two billion and forty three to one, it's a long shot." Said X-5.

"You know him?" Maximus asked Zulia.

"Oh of course I do, he's my son." Said Zulia taking some pictures out of her bag and showing them all the baby sparky pictures.

"Aww sparky you were such a cute baby." Dede said looking at the pictures.

"Righ, isn't he just the cutest."

"Yes, how could I not spot the resemblance, especially while you were feeding." Said Maximus with an eye twitch, before he walked over to the ship minimus was on. "Change of plans minimus." Maximus nock minimus off the ship before getting on himself and steering it so the laser was pointing at Zulia." I don't think our love was meant to happen darling, but then again there's more fish in the galaxy. Say goodbye to your dear sweet mamula sparky mwahahahaha."

"Nooooooo" Sparky screamed. There was no need for sparky to be scared though as Zulia threw her bag at Maximus nocking him of the ship and then proceeded to beat Maximus with it.

"You beast, you slime." Zulia kept insulting Maximus with every hit.

"Do something you fool." Maximus said to minimus, who proceeded to bang on a gong that somehow summoned Maximus' rocket ship, which opened to show a small army of blood monks walking out.

"We have to help her." Said Dede about to jump in.

"Not so fast." Sparky stopped her before she could move though. "Mom kinda likes to do things herself."

"Bring it on." Said Zulia and sparky was right she didn't need any help, she beat them all down with just a knitting needle that she had in her bag.

"They're getting away." Said Dede pointing to Maximus and minimus who were using the little ship to try and get away, before they could get too far Zulia took a rolling pin outta her bag and threw it at them, knocking them off the little ship only for them to be caught by their main ship.

"And don't you ever call me again mister." Shouted Zulia as Maximus fled.

"Wow ma you did it." Sparky cheered as he, Dede and X-5 ran up to Zulia.

"Anything for my little sparkster." Zulia said grabbing sparky's cheeks.

"Aww no more dates, okay ma."

"Okay hun, not for awhile."

"Now that that's all sorted out I have a sinking feeling I'm needed back home." Said Dede.

"Well it's gonna take some time to repair the ship." Said X-5.

"No time for that." Said Dede as she ran to the little ship Maximus had left and waved at the other three before leaving back to earth on it. When Dede got back into the bathroom at school she ran out only to see the hallway crowded with people, when Dede started jumping up and down to see if she can see what was happening all she could see was Gus being escorted out by a couple men in suits. "What's going on here?"

"Dede there you are." Dede heard TJ ask as she turned around to see her other friends there. "Where have you been."

"Not important right now, what's going on?"

"We need to get to Gus, the Ashley's have jinxed him and cause no one knew he's being sent away." Said Mikey.

"I have an idea, follow me." Dede said as she ran down the hall to principal Prickles office and grabbed the microphone that's used to make an announcement and blew into it. "Now hear this, now here this Gus Griswald has been jinxed, I repeat GUS GRISWALD has been jinxed."

"Thank you Dede, I didn't think anyone would say my name." Said Gus from outside.

"Well what do you know, another jinxed kid, that's the 3rd one this month, let him go Greg." Said one of the guys in the suits.

"What the, he's completely disrupted my school and you people are just gonna let him go." Ask principal Prickly.

"Hey lighten up Prickly." Said one man.

"Yeah, it's part of the kids' unwritten code of honor." Said the other.

"Come on Fred I'll buy you a—"doughnut" they both said the last word together. "Jinx" again it's said together as both men got into the car laughing before driving off.

"This is ridiculous." Said Prickly as he walked back into the school.

"You mean you did this all because you were jinxed." A sixth grader asked Gus.

"Yeah, kinda dumb wasn't it?" Replied Gus.

"Dumb? No it was cool."

"You're an even bigger hero then we thought." Said a girl as the sixth grader lifted Gus onto his shoulder, waking away as the other students followed chanting 'jinxed boy'

"You know, for a timid guy, that Gus sure knows what being a kid is all about." Said Vince and the six friends were outside watching Gus be carried away.

"Hahaha, well someone was bound to say his name sooner or later, but it was fun while it lasted." Said Ashley A as she and the other Ashley's walked outside.

"Yeah, let's see if we can do something like that every recess." Said Ashley B.

"You guys wanna have a little fun." Dede said, looking at the Ashley's.

"You're thinking what I'm thinking." Said Spinelli.

"Definitely." Said TJ as Dede dropped a $10 note on the grass.

"Hey you Ashley's." Said Spinelli getting their attention and when they looked over they saw Dede bend down to pick the note up.

"One of you drop ten bucks?" Said Dede.

"Ohhhh scandalous." Said the Ashley's but as they said scandalous the six friends joined in.

"JINX." The six friends shouted at the Ashley's before they started to laugh at the shocked looks on the Ashley's faces.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 3.2K 32
Ally Dawson loves school...until bad boy Austin Moon makes her school life 'a living hell'. But after an amazing idea for the two music lovers and a...
4.9K 155 8
Eve Cross is different and she always knew she was. She hears things people don't and sees things people don't. what will happen when she meets a gro...
5.5K 133 21
This is about the Titans still having there powers but going to a school called Jump City High but they don't know each one another has powers,soon i...
2.2K 134 10
This story is strictly about Gemini Norawit His friend being the overprotective one. stay tuned for the clumsy but beautiful. FOURTHGEMINI THIS I...